(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 309.
#6501 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

That wouldn’t be acceptable to me. I’ve not dealt with CGC service before but I would follow up/escalate through the ticketing system and if nothing came of that I’d pickup up the phone.
Maybe something fell through the cracks. It’s been a while since I asked Ryan about the leg situation but at that time they had a very small number of tickets/cases. I don’t remember the number but it was under 20 which was a surprise to both of us given the level of concern in this thread.

Dude, he followed the procedure CGC set, he shouldn’t have to jump through hoops just to get help with his problem. Again you excuse shitty customer service with it being the customers problem to solve.

#6502 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sorry to hear that. What action have you taken to follow up?
[Yes, I agree he shouldn’t have to and that if there has indeed been complete radio silence that’s unacceptable. But accountability works both ways. And although it’s not right sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Posting about support experiences and specific issues is very helpful to owners here who may have the same problem. I’d like to more info on these kinds of things - that’s what belongs in the FAQ.
Not picking on KING-HENRY here but posting stuff like c r i c k e t s doesn’t do anything to advance a resolution. My mother taught me that if you complain about something you need to be prepared to do something about it.
It would be great to see those with unresolved issues post them here with a summary/timeline of what’s been done by both sides. I’m happy to track an unresolved issues list and follow up as needed but only if you’ve already opened a ticket. If you’re not comfortable posting, send me a PM.]

LOL, what has he done to follow-up? Really?

#6503 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Dude, he followed the procedure CGC set, he shouldn’t have to jump through hoops just to get help with his problem. Again you excuse shitty customer service with it being the customers problem to solve.

100% agree here. Saying it’s unacceptable then saying accountability goes both ways is speaking out both sides of the mouth. If a company has a process for customer support and the customer engages the process the ball is in the company’s court and they should take it from there. Period. Anything less is known as “bad customer service.” Yes, the customer can then call, pester, etc, to get some action. But it is still “bad customer service”.

Two counter examples.

I had two quality issues with my JJP Wonka. Went to their site, followed the process. Both times - response within 24 hours. New part on my porch within a week.

Stern Godzilla. Contacted twice. Once for a quality issue. Response within 24 hours. Email back and forth 2x over next two days helping me trouble shoot and fix the issue. Issue fixed. Happy me. Second time, merely had a question about an aspect of the cabinet construction. Emailed stern. Response within 24 hrs answering question.

That’s how it is done.

#6504 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

If a company has a process for customer support and the customer engages the process

Please...
It's always the same answer for the CGC defenders ...

"Must have fallen through the cracks"

Dawn_on_the_S_rim_of_the_Grand_Canyon_(8645178272) (resized).jpgDawn_on_the_S_rim_of_the_Grand_Canyon_(8645178272) (resized).jpg
#6505 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

100% agree here. Saying it’s unacceptable then saying accountability goes both ways is speaking out both sides of the mouth. If a company has a process for customer support and the customer engages the process the ball is in the company’s court and they should take it from there. Period. Anything less is known as “bad customer service.” Yes, the customer can then call, pester, etc, to get some action. But it is still “bad customer service”.
Two counter examples.
I had two quality issues with my JJP Wonka. Went to their site, followed the process. Both times - response within 24 hours. New part on my porch within a week.
Stern Godzilla. Contacted twice. Once for a quality issue. Response within 24 hours. Email back and forth 2x over next two days helping me trouble shoot and fix the issue. Issue fixed. Happy me. Second time, merely had a question about an aspect of the cabinet construction. Emailed stern. Response within 24 hrs answering question.
That’s how it is done.

Just to balance things out...

I have a Mando LE with broken razor crest (oob broken, not from play), some issue with decal application, chipping clear, inoperable service buttons since the start.

It took 3 months for a response and that was biweekly email from my wife. Distributor would call and get the runaround too.

I still have no replacement razor crest and the only thing fixed is the clear that I did myself and service buttons I got from Marcos. No replacement decal. No service buttons mailed by Stern (such a simple thing to do).

Nevermind EHOH pre-order for 2022 that is now 2023 with a price increase.

#6506 1 year ago

I ordered in stock parts for my Munsters 8 months now… nothing. It’s insane. Just emailed Pablo with order numbers from my distributor to get these things.

#6507 1 year ago

Not saying stern is infallible. Those are examples of “bad customer service” too!

#6508 1 year ago
Quoted from binary01:

I’ve been following this topic for the most part since it’s beginning. There’s been a lot of negativity, a lot of speculation, and not much as far as being helpful, or constructive, with the exception of the creation of the FAQ section. Thank you for that JFH. I’ll just keep checking for the invoice from my distributor.

Waiting for someone to step up and white knight and defend Stern now.

#6509 1 year ago

Waiting for someone to step up and White Knight and defend Stern now.

#6510 1 year ago

Dear pinball gods, sending positive juju your way so we can start to see people get their games and go back to actually enjoying this hobby and talking about how great this game is and the unreleased code to come in the future. Amen.

#6511 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Waiting for someone to step up and White Knight and defend Stern now.

"White Knight enters the chat"......... I totally agree when you make something as complicated as pinball everyone is going to have some issues. Knock on wood all my stern purchases have been really good and reliable. But I do give Stern credit they make a lot of games and without them this hobby would be mostly all threads like this!! Then what would we do

#6512 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

If you read what I wrote, you would know I agree with you. No one, especially me, is excusing bad customer service. But no one is going to get resolution by posting here.

You are correctly point out that the problem is his to solve. No where did I imply it was. But when I’m confronted with a choice of (a) waiting for status when I’ve already waited a reasonable time or (b) following up to proactively get the information I’m going to choose the latter.

And, in case you missed it, I said that was unacceptable or, to use your words, “shitty” customer service. Why people choose to think that asking for status on their ticket somehow excuses or condones bad customer service is simply mind boggling to me.

#6513 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

If a company has a process for customer support and the customer engages the process the ball is in the company’s court and they should take it from there. Period. Anything less is known as “bad customer service.” Yes, the customer can then call, pester, etc, to get some action. But it is still “bad customer service”.

Then you also agree with me.

The key word in your comment is should. That’s exactly what should be done. In KING-HENRY example it clearly wasn’t.
If someone is in that position there are two reasonable options:
1) Continue to wait
2) Take action (typically escalate within the process).

Complaining to people that may sympathize might feel good but has near zero chance of moving the ball forward. Any customer who experiences bad customer service and does nothing isn’t likely to get a satisfactory resolution.

#6514 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnTTwo:

Hey I thought this would be a fun idea.
flynnibus why don't you write up a news release on why the game is delayed, write it up so everyone who reads it is happy and content from your update.
Then we can see if any pinsiders can find an issue with said release.
You make it sound so easy, nut up buttercup lets see what cha got.

What, you want me to speculate now? And keep doing so?

I am sorry explaining customer management is so upsetting to you. If you truly think cgc has done the right thing in how they have managed their customer base and communications more power to you. In my world where billions are on the line and there is real customer consequence on the line…. This doesn’t cut it and we don’t hide from our customers fearing online distortion.

#6515 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sorry to hear that. What action have you taken to follow up?
[Yes, I agree he shouldn’t have to and that if there has indeed been complete radio silence that’s unacceptable.
Not picking on KING-HENRY here but posting stuff like c r i c k e t s doesn’t do anything to advance a resolution. .]

well, actually you did pick on me, despite your claim you weren't...like a school teacher, lol. I was posting a statement that was supporting others' no-reply from CGC...AND, if that adds fuel to the fire, so be it. If there's a forest fire, let the f()$ker burn..it's nature's way of cleansing . And if it's true that CGC reads ALL OF THIS THREAD, more power to me, and others, to let them know vicariously. That is what forums are for. Honestly I'm happy with my SE..I have no hate in the LE/+ matter.

#6516 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Just to balance things out...

Stern parts issues are not justification for how cgc acts. They have nothing to do with stern.

It’s already known that parts is one of stetn’s biggest failures… you want to balance things out by comparing them to a big failure?

Aim higher

#6517 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

Thx for the info I will shoot them a follow up email

Please PM me the ticket number and I'll alert it to the engineers.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

"Must have fallen through the cracks"

Surprise surprise. Crap happens. Give them a chance to fix it.

LTG : )

#6518 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If someone is in that position there are two reasonable options:
1) Continue to wait
2) Take action (typically escalate within the process).
Complaining to people that may sympathize might feel good but has near zero chance of moving the ball forward. Any customer who experiences bad customer service and does nothing isn’t likely to get a satisfactory resolution.

Funny - you didn’t have the same reaction to the news that PPS couldn’t get a response either.

This whole tangent started because you were praising their support, and when the counter examples come up you instead defer the blame to the customer for not doing enough or complaining here. They were simply retorting YOU - not making new complaints

#6520 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Surprise surprise. Crap happens. Give them a chance to fix it.

You have more reach into CGC than others here ...

Have they dealt with ..

Leg issues ?
Audio issues?

#6521 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

You have more reach into CGC than others here ...

Have they dealt with ..

Leg issues ?
Audio issues?

I believe those are on a case by case issue. So I have no way of knowing the outcome. Best I can do if someone hasn't gotten any response is get their ticket number and give it a bump.

#6522 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Stern parts issues are not justification for how cgc acts. They have nothing to do with stern.
It’s already known that parts is one of stetn’s biggest failures… you want to balance things out by comparing them to a big failure?
Aim higher

I think we all understand that, other than pinball, CGC has nothing to do with stern. This being the case, please quote the other pinsider as well that used JJP and Stern as beaming examples of customer service... which is why I gave my one example of poor customer service.

Hyperbolic to call any of these major pinball companies a big failure.

Edit: almost forgot the snark

#6523 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Funny - you didn’t have the same reaction to the news that PPS couldn’t get a response either.
This whole tangent started because you were praising their support, and when the counter examples come up you instead defer the blame to the customer for not doing enough or complaining here. They were simply retorting YOU - not making new complaints

I don’t agree with your characterization but you’re welcome to blame me and ignore the entire point if you think that will help people with outstanding issues get support.

#6524 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I was posting a statement that was supporting others' no-reply from CGC...

And I asked what you had done to follow up on the status of your ticket.

Both seem pretty straightforward.

Since you chose not to answer my question and given your response I can only surmise that your action was “post and see if I can start a fire”.

That may be fine for some but it’s not likely to help you with your problem as posting here isn’t part of the CGC support process.

#6525 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And I asked what you had done to follow up on the status of your ticket

You ask to follow up on refunds and penalties to those who cancel orders from a distributor ...
Any update should you have passed this info to CGC ...
You do quite frequently advise that you don't like the wait get a refund , seemingly not possible

#6526 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Hyperbolic to call any of these major pinball companies a big failure.

If you were the guy spending tens of thousands on pins to put on location and find your games dead for months you might relate more.

This is business- not pleasure. And it involves real money and obligations.

#6527 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Two counter examples.
That’s how it is done.

You’re lucky still have zero plays on my Rush LE waiting for a scoop protector.

And still waiting on my Zilla Bridge fix. As well

Filled out all their stupid forms months ago. Crickets.

#6528 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Any update should you have passed this info to CGC ...

I’m not sure what you are asking/saying here. Can you clarify?

#6529 1 year ago

No news is really BS no matter how it is sliced. Richard is a saint but I’m not. I’m happy to be patient too but that doesn’t change the fact that CGC really owes its customers an explanation. Sure you can say, cancel your order... that’s not the point. We want the product. Problem is, we’re being strung along. We’re not whiners, we just want to know when to expect progress. There’s an opportunity cost to my money. I have the funds. I want to know if it’s a better use spending it on something else. Really unbecoming of the OP to passive aggressively call out other pinsiders and hide behind a wink. It’s frustrating all around and while CGC may get extra flack back for whatever response they give at least my mother always told me “Honesty is the best policy.”

#6530 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

What, you want me to speculate now? And keep doing so?
I am sorry explaining customer management is so upsetting to you. If you truly think cgc has done the right thing in how they have managed their customer base and communications more power to you. In my world where billions are on the line and there is real customer consequence on the line…. This doesn’t cut it and we don’t hide from our customers fearing online distortion.

Ha ha ha what a lame response, you have no idea how simple my request was, I feel sorry for your billion customers.

#6531 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

You do quite frequently advise that you don't like the wait get a refund

And I’ve offered to help you get your deposit back. Offer still stands.

#6532 1 year ago

Comment deleted...

Would have been thread ejected for sure!

#6533 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

No news is really BS no matter how it is sliced. Richard is a saint but I’m not. I’m happy to be patient too but that doesn’t change the fact that CGC really owes its customers an explanation. Sure you can say, cancel your order... that’s not the point. We want the product. Problem is, we’re being strung along. We’re not whiners, we just want to know when to expect progress. There’s an opportunity cost to my money. I have the funds. I want to know if it’s a better use spending it on something else. Really unbecoming of the OP to passive aggressively call out other pinsiders and hide behind a wink. It’s frustrating all around and while CGC may get extra flack back for whatever response they give at least my mother always told me “Honesty is the best policy.”

Waiting for the #Jfh sunshine reply!

#6534 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Waiting for the #Jfh sunshine reply!

Allow me.

#6535 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

I ordered in stock parts for my Munsters 8 months now… nothing. It’s insane. Just emailed Pablo with order numbers from my distributor to get these things.

Stern support is fine - but the Stern parts department is the worst on the face of the planet earth. I have several "in stock" parts orders that have been in the queue for OVER 1 year (from two different distributors). Multiple reminders have been sent by my distributors - but I'm still waiting.

Spooky support and parts are by far the best - support answers within minutes and parts are mailed the next day.

#6536 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Really unbecoming of the OP to passive aggressively call out other pinsiders and hide behind a wink.

I’m not hiding behind anything. If I’m calling anyone out with a it’s because I think they are being unreasonable or ridiculous or just harping on stuff no one here can fix.

Quoted from Ballderdash:

It’s frustrating all around and while CGC may get extra flack back for whatever response they give at least my mother always told me “Honesty is the best policy.”

Agree 100%. The silence is frustrating. Unfortunately Pinside has shown that honesty isn’t always the best policy given the reactions that happen when we do get an official comment.

Look at what happens most of the time I’ve posted updates I thought people would like to know. I get a lot you’re full of BS/you’re wrong/you don’t know (if that’s your opinion, fine) typically followed with how bad CGC is and why can’t they just post here themselves?

Basically most news is followed by attacks.

I’ve posted less info in recent months in part because of this and I kind of regret posting what I did last week because I should have known what would happen.

From here on out, I’ll keep what I know and learn to myself or for FAQ updates. (Doesn’t apply to those I’m working with by PM).

#6537 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And I’ve offered to help you get your deposit back. Offer still stands.

Just when did CGC make you their official spokesperson, or is this just a self given title?

#6538 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Just when did CGC make you their official spokesperson, or is this just a self given title?

No need for this. He's just trying to help.
Lloyd

#6539 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Allow me.

At the very least your employed by CGC, any no straight answers about issues are provided by you as well ...

#6540 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No need for this. He's just trying to help.

Adding fuel to the fire with snippets of inside info ... perhaps just stay with the FAQ's..

#6541 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

At the very least your employed by CGC

I help them with tech support, I'm not employed by them. Same with PPS. Same arrangement I used to have with jjp.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

any no straight answers

What the heck is a no straight answer ?

#6542 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

What the heck is a no straight answer ?

My apologies, I thought your an employee of CGC...
No straight answers would be wrong comment as you have no way of knowing what is ongoing inside CGC ...

#6543 1 year ago

Thank you.

#6544 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agree 100%. The silence is frustrating. Unfortunately Pinside has shown that honesty isn’t always the best policy given the reactions that happen when we do get an official comment

So you agree but you don't?

Quoted from jfh:

From here on out, I’ll keep what I know and learn to myself or for FAQ updates.

This is the best way to go ... The FAQ is great ...

#6546 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Evidently there are straight answers:

And for only $18.99 ...
Thanks

#6547 1 year ago

I think CGC has 2/3 of a great business, quality builds and good title selection. Quality customer relations is very lacking. Stern has great titles and licensees but they are also lacking in customer relations but not as bad as CGC.
I can go into detail but that’s not for this thread. It’s just SUPER disappointing reading these comments about CGCs customer experiences. I’m still a fan and I’m crossing my fingers they invest in customer relations. I still plan on getting my LE and I hope CGC does better in their customer relations side, if so, I’ll buy every damn title they put out, I don’t care what it is because I have confidence in their picks, their build quality and (hopefully) their customer relations.

This is just my opinion at the moment and my opinion can change.

#6548 1 year ago

I realize the frustration 100%, but for the love pinball no one should get chippy with someone who has done nothing but good for the hobby we love.

Lloyd, you’re not just LTG, you’re LTFG. I appreciate you and your help, advice, humor and love for dogs.

Deeeeeeeeeep breathes people, deep breathes.

#6549 1 year ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I realize the frustration 100%, but for the love pinball no one should get chippy with someone who has done nothing but good for the hobby we love.
Lloyd, you’re not just LTG, you’re LTFG. I appreciate you and your help, advice, humor and love for dogs.
Deeeeeeeeeep breathes people, deep breathes.

Lloyd does rule.
Thanks for everything Lloyd!!

Richard

#6550 1 year ago

So a pinsider selling his CCR LE for $12,700 claims it will be arriving next week. Anyone want to speculate on how this is possible? Or should we just straight up call B.S.?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.