(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 309.
#6351 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah thanks for that. I still think Sara is dancing a bit for her explanation vs what you've c/p'd. It's lame to think they can be so 'disappointed' and not yet exercise their own forms of escalation before telling customers "We continue to send messages to CGC, with no response and we just hope that the games will go out any day".
It's just fitting to see Rick's team not picking up the phone when being stonewalled after he lambasted people so many times for the same thing.
I have no doubt CGC will ship the games... just as always the journey is far more of a shitshow than it needed to be.
I outlined CGC's regular cycle 9 months ago... still playing out exactly as described...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/98#post-6714196

It's been that way with AFM.. MB.. and now CC...
Doesn't matter if it's product issues or actually getting games out the door.. CGC thinks stonewalling everyone with silence is the right path. And now you even have their partner in all this basically saying they can't get answers. It's such a sad reality that we get this non-sense over and over.

I hope this chases people away.

If CGC continues to operate like this I will 100% buy every machine they produce.

Looking to replace my minty original MM next, and then what ever games are after that. Big deal.

Has anyone requested a refund and been denied?

Heck waiting on my cyber truck stinks cuz my truck could go dead any day.

#6352 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

you also admitted to being asked for full payment.

Incorrect. No one asked me for full payment. I am however paid in full which you would have known if you read all the words.

#6353 1 year ago
Quoted from Xfilelover:

You know that it specifically said you could not share this information on any public forum.... I don't even know what to say here. Just so confused to why you would do this and not email me directly? I always tell you guys if you have any questions just please let me know and I always get back to you. This makes me really sad.
Don't even know where to go from here...

Wow. Don’t know what the deleted post said but you have every right to be upset.

And people wonder why CGC doesn’t want to post here.

#6354 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And people wonder why CGC doesn’t want to post her

Why ?
With no updates here or to customers by email or anywhere else... they cause this shit show ...
$1000.00 or full payment to you may seem insignificant but to others who have made a commitment to buy ... perhaps an email wouldn't hurt for the interest free money I have with CGC distros ...
Have you ever said something negative about CGC..
It's like your their defender , no reason for them to be here?

gLBZM6.gifgLBZM6.gif

#6355 1 year ago

This thread is like getting stuck in traffic while driving your children to the amusement park. Are we there yet are we there yet , Just wanna reach around and give em a cuff.

#6356 1 year ago

I’ve addressed this a few times in this very thread, including a few hours ago on the previous page.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

$1000.00 or full payment to you may seem insignificant but to others who have made a commitment to buy ... perhaps an email wouldn't hurt for the interest free money I have with CGC distros ...

I certainly don’t think it’s insignificant. But for me, the money is already in the game.

Anyone stressing out over having a deposit down on a game - any game, CGC or not - either can’t afford it or is in the wrong hobby. If it’s that big of a concern ask your distributor for your money back. That shouldn’t be a hard concept.

Quoted from transprtr4u:

Have you ever said something negative about CGC..

Asked and answered counselor.

#6357 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Probably the same reasons most manufacturers avoid Pinside.

Just not worth it.

Lloyd

#6358 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just not worth it

But manufacturers techs seem busy on site ...
Lowest company man pulling all the weight

#6359 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow. Don’t know what the deleted post said but you have every right to be upset.

Multiple deadlines missed and no communication are not signs of a quality company, yet you blame those with deposits paid as the problem.

#6360 1 year ago

Looks like someone has a very precise eta. Good things to come…

44B4CE3E-C254-4CAA-ABA6-8FD9800C0CA8 (resized).png44B4CE3E-C254-4CAA-ABA6-8FD9800C0CA8 (resized).png
#6361 1 year ago

Multiple deadlines missed and no communication are not signs of a quality company, yet you blame those with deposits paid as the problem.

I can’t figure out if you are just dense or trolling.

1) There have been no “deadlines”. We know of one estimate start of shipping date for the LEs made by CGC (Ryan). Games did not shipping by then so that estimate was missed/wrong. We don’t know why. If you want to continue to call it a “deadline”, go right ahead. But it isn’t and never was.

2) I have stated many times I don’t agree with how CGC is handling communications. To equate that with poor public relations practices is reasonable; to equate that to the quality of the company is not.

3) Where in the world did I blame games not shipping (or any other problem) on customers with deposits? If a customer with a deposit doesn’t feel comfortable continuing to wait they can get their deposit back (unlike with some Stern distributors). That’s pretty much all I’ve ever said about deposits.

If you have tried to get your deposit refunded and been told no, I’m happy to go to bat for you. I don’t give up easily.

#6362 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

(or any other problem) on customers with deposits? If a customer with a deposit doesn’t feel comfortable continuing to wait they can get their deposit back (unlike with some Stern distributors). That’s pretty much all I’ve ever said about deposits.

Posted a bit ago for a CCR deposit placed in the market place for $ 1000.00 why would someone do that and not get his money back from pinballstar?
Seems the hard way to to get your deposit dollars back , guessing they didn't give refunds .

#6363 1 year ago

While waiting I have decided to join the Cirqus to pass the time. I start traveling next week and will keep you updated on my adventure.

As far as waiting for my CC SE, this game came out is 1998, I was still in high school and had no clue what Cactus Canyon was. A few months won’t hurt me. I understand those who are frustrated, but I’m not.

When I get my game I know I’m going to love it. Just like my other 3 remakes.

I take great comfort in being able to contact Lloyd, Ryan, and George who is also a great help for my technical issues.

I’m really looking forward to the LE buyers to get your games as well as the SE + buyers.

I hope everyone will be happy soon!

Cheers,
Richard

#6364 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Posted a bit ago for a CCR deposit placed in the market place for $ 1000.00 why would someone do that and not get his money back from pinballstar?

Don’t guess. Find out. Why don’t you ask the seller or Pinball Star and let us know?
Perhaps they are not aware of the refund policy.

Or perhaps you just want to speculate and complain without facts to back it up

#6365 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

While waiting I have decided to join the Cirqus to pass the time. I start traveling next week and will keep you updated on my adventure.

Is this for real or are you just injecting some humor here? If real, what are you going to do in the circus?

#6366 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is this for real or are you just injecting some humor here? If real, what are you going to do in the circus?

I am guessing he is getting a Cirqus Voltaire.

#6367 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

George who is also a great help for my technical issues.

Just a note here. If you mean George Bork, he hasn't been with CGC for some time.

LTG : )

#6368 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Bought a fully restored CV.

#6369 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just a note here. If you mean George Bork, he hasn't been with CGC for some time.
LTG : )

I didn’t know that!

#6370 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Don’t guess. Find out. Why don’t you ask the seller or Pinball Star and let us know?

Side note…ending your messages with doesn’t remove or excuse the passive aggressive or belittling nature of the majority of your finishing sentences.

Now here’s to open communication and positive updates from CGC and all of the distributors, in the month of November.

#6371 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

Side note…ending your messages with doesn’t remove or excuse the passive aggressive or belittling nature of the majority of your finishing sentences.

I take great care writing most of my finishing sentences.

Quoted from Ktmat32:

Now here’s to open communication and positive updates from CGC and all of the distributors, in the month of November.

Agreed. But not holding my breath on hearing anything from CGC. Too many customers would probably die from shock. And all of the complainers would be even more annoyed.

#6372 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I take great care writing most of my finishing sentences.

Agreed. But not holding my breath on hearing anything from CGC. Too many customers would probably die from shock. And all of the complainers would be even more annoyed.

I can appreciate someone who takes great care in writing their closing sentences and stands by them.

Officially starting to hold my breath…

#6373 1 year ago

Shoot, I’ve been waiting on an Elvira from stern since early ‘21, with the added pleasure of price increases each (failed) rollout announcement since then and STILL no eta! Yes, it’s not the initial release but it’s an announced production run and a 2 flippin’ year delay (if I’m lucky) is absurd. We’re good CGC Take all the time you need because I know your product and support is worth it.

#6374 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

Officially starting to hold my breath…

Touché

#6375 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah thanks for that. I still think Sara is dancing a bit for her explanation vs what you've c/p'd. It's lame to think they can be so 'disappointed' and not yet exercise their own forms of escalation before telling customers "We continue to send messages to CGC, with no response and we just hope that the games will go out any day".
It's just fitting to see Rick's team not picking up the phone when being stonewalled after he lambasted people so many times for the same thing.
I have no doubt CGC will ship the games... just as always the journey is far more of a shitshow than it needed to be.
I outlined CGC's regular cycle 9 months ago... still playing out exactly as described...
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/98#post-6714196

It's been that way with AFM.. MB.. and now CC...
Doesn't matter if it's product issues or actually getting games out the door.. CGC thinks stonewalling everyone with silence is the right path. And now you even have their partner in all this basically saying they can't get answers. It's such a sad reality that we get this non-sense over and over.

Again, I just don’t see how you can see the past so clearly and not assume this was going to be the same. Why keep bitching about it? Literally broken record. This is in their DNA. Don’t like it, don’t order from them.

#6376 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Again, I just don’t see how you can see the past so clearly and not assume this was going to be the same. Why keep bitching about it? Literally broken record. This is in their DNA. Don’t like it, don’t order from them.

You have me confused with someone making excuses for the output

#6377 1 year ago

Man and people got mad at me for writing huge long diatribes and fictional tales of woe waiting on my MBrLE, and it was only 6.5 months on that. Feel sorry for those waiting on a CCrLE, however, I think given the choice, I would have bailed on a CCrLE at 6 to 7 months, and it would have taken a title like their first 3 remakes to get me to wait over a year. For CCrLE, no amount of Lyman/sharp code help would make me wait this long.

#6378 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Man and people got mad at me for writing huge long diatribes and fictional tales of woe waiting on my MBrLE, and it was only 6.5 months on that. Feel sorry for those waiting on a CCrLE, however, I think given the choice, I would have bailed on a CCrLE at 6 to 7 months, and it would have taken a title like their first 3 remakes to get me to wait over a year. For CCrLE, no amount of Lyman/sharp code help would make me wait this long.

I remember Those posts made the wait all that more entertaining! When you got your game that thread just wasn't as fun

#6379 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I am guessing he is getting a Cirqus Voltaire.

I love my CV! I have tremendous empathy for all the LE buyers and SE+ buyers waiting and waiting for their pins without much feedback to help ease frustrations. I wanted an LE, but as fast as I was to order one, I was shut out. So I ordered an SE+. While waiting, I noticed mint SEs (which I believe are the same game) with less bling and no topper, were pretty readily available around $8k or so. I decided to grab one with about 50 plays on it for just under $8. I realize that’s not an easy option for everyone, so I consider myself very fortunate to be able to do that. Whenever my SE+ is ready to ship, I’ll hopefully sell my SE for around what I paid or a little less, but with several upgrades I added to the game. For those who can make that strategy work, it can really help with the waiting game, and this game is well worth the wait.

#6380 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:I can’t figure out if you are just dense or trolling.
1) There have been no “deadlines”. We know of one estimate start of shipping date for the LEs made by CGC (Ryan). Games did not shipping by then so that estimate was missed/wrong. We don’t know why. If you want to continue to call it a “deadline”, go right ahead. But it isn’t and never was.

The difference between "deadline" and delivery "estimate" is immaterial to this discussion. You seem to do this a lot as opposed to addressing the issues being brought up.

#6381 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I love my CV! I have tremendous empathy for all the LE buyers and SE+ buyers waiting and waiting for their pins without much feedback to help ease frustrations. I wanted an LE, but as fast as I was to order one, I was shut out. So I ordered an SE+. While waiting, I noticed mint SEs (which I believe are the same game) with less bling and no topper, were pretty readily available around $8k or so. I decided to grab one with about 50 plays on it for just under $8. I realize that’s not an easy option for everyone, so I consider myself very fortunate to be able to do that. Whenever my SE+ is ready to ship, I’ll hopefully sell my SE for around what I paid or a little less, but with several upgrades I added to the game. For those who can make that strategy work, it can really help with the waiting game, and this game is well worth the wait.

Just to be clear, the SE and the SE+ are exactly the same game besides the topper. No more or less bling otherwise. When you decide to sell your SE, you could transfer everything you added over to your SE+

#6382 1 year ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

IDK. I’ve been dreaming of owning a CC since the first time I played one 10+ years ago. While I’m annoyed with the unexplained delays and false estimates, I’m perfectly ok with delayed gratification.

#6383 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Seems the hard way to to get your deposit dollars back , guessing they didn't give refunds .

PinballSTAR does not give back deposits.

D6D743F5-C90C-4605-8A6E-A409F0728587 (resized).jpegD6D743F5-C90C-4605-8A6E-A409F0728587 (resized).jpeg
#6384 1 year ago

Quoted from jfh:

Quoted from Jhiggins623:

PinballSTAR does not give back deposits. [quoted image]

Please call your BFF at CGC....
Breach of CGC policy ?

Nice penalties as well ....

#6385 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

PinballSTAR does not give back deposits.

He really needs to rethink this policy due to the delay on these. I would think CGC would refund him given the circumstance but who knows.

#6386 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Please call your BFF at CGC....

If you are having a problem cancelling your order and getting your deposit back send me the details via PM.

#6387 1 year ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

PinballSTAR does not give back deposits. [quoted image]

Think this is to make pinside happy and stop the flippers?

#6388 1 year ago

At this point I am hoping to have my LE for the Christmas/New Year's Eve holiday but quickly losing that hope.

#6389 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just not worth it.
Lloyd

I know when I talked to Ryan White at Expo he immediately went into a rant without provication about pinside and how they are wrong with all their speculation and just a lot of negativity about pinside, which on one hand I can sort of understand, but in my head I was just thinking like well maybe we wouldn't be left to speculate if things were spelled out a little more clearly for all of us. He was just going off for a minute until he noticed I wasn't really joining in on the pinside hate fest and I steered the conversation away from pinside and into just asking relevant questions. Look, everyone is willing to (and has) cut CGC a ton of slack. We know they make quality products and things are just f'd right now from a manufacturing standpoint. I think worrying about them going out of business is completely silly. People will get their games, zero doubt. But ya'll can't be shocked that people are really starting to get antsy in their panty over all of this. From what he told me, they are really close. Its still some sort of topper part holding up production. I asked if they were going to build the games and then when the topper parts came in they could add on the toppers to the finished games but he said it couldn't really work that way, so even when they get the parts in, they'll still have to build all the games but they will start going out the door pretty quickly. Fair enough I guess, but it would be nice to get information like that here instead of dragging everyone through the mud simply because we are left here to speculate with no other info coming out. I got in quite a few games on multiple versions of CC and it looked and played great. The topper IS really cool. I hope they start getting out soon.

#6390 1 year ago

I would not and do not expect a company to update a public forum. But I would expect them to update distributors who in turn update their customers.

#6391 1 year ago

The difference between "deadline" and delivery "estimate" is immaterial to this discussion.

There’s a pretty big difference. PM your address. I’ll send you a dictionary.

#6392 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’ll send you a dictionary.

Wow..
Send me one too ...
Full payments request from CGC and no games shipped ...
Guessing looking under F in the dictionary for completely F$#%ked up

#6393 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It's immaterial to this discussion and my point, if that's too big of a word for you just let me know.

#6394 1 year ago
Quoted from jetspeedb:

I would not and do not expect a company to update a public forum. But I would expect them to update distributors who in turn update their customers.

When they were trying to sell preorders a year ago they had no problem posting in here. I love CGC games but they need to do better, especially now that people have paid in full.

#6395 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well… when your culture is ‘there are no deadlines’… i guess it makes it easy to accept delays as just another day at the office.

Solutions? Who needs solutions?? Solutions are for people with deadlines!

#6396 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

when I talked to Ryan White at Expo he immediately went into a rant without provication about pinside and how they are wrong with all their speculation and just a lot of negativity about pinside, which on one hand I can sort of understand

I have talked to him a few times about this. I was simply stunned with the amount of BS he’s had to deal with because of Pinside. Some of the situations he described from people who apparently think the world revolves around them or that their game is more important than anyone else’s were hard for me to fathom. He is a nice guy, loves pinball, spends a lot of his free time promoting and supporting CGC. He is incredibly busy with his day job. I can certainly emphasize with his reluctance to post here.

Quoted from Haymaker:

but in my head I was just thinking like well maybe we wouldn't be left to speculate if things were spelled out a little more clearly for all of us.

Agreed.

But that’s easier said than done, given the inevitable fallout and workload increase (potentially taking time away from production issues) that would ensue. Do you think that the constant critics here would accept (or believe) status updates without wanting to know more and more? Or bitching “why don’t you do this or this?”

Ryan is in a no-win situation with Pinside. And until those that are willing to be reasonable and deal with the truth make it clear that they are the vast majority and can marginalize the keyboard Karens and negative Nancys to show that Pinside can be trusted with details of the complexity of pinball manufacturing and distribution without adding unreasonable demands on his limited time, it’s not likely to happen.

#6397 1 year ago

It's immaterial to this discussion and my point, if that's too big of a word for you just let me know.

I’m not the one that has a problem understanding words.

#6398 1 year ago

I'm patiently waiting for my SE+ which I ordered on 9/29/2022. If CGC had any firm details of ship dates they would post them. Like every other industry and pinball machine manufacturers, they are obviously having parts shortages.

#6399 1 year ago
Quoted from tsinger873:

I'm patiently waiting for my SE+ which I ordered on 9/29/2022. If CGC had any firm details of ship dates they would post them. Like every other industry and pinball machine manufacturers, they are obviously having parts shortages.

They why did they take full payment?

#6400 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m not the one that has a problem understanding words.

Lol. You might be.

Quoted from jfh:

I can certainly emphasize with his reluctance to post here.

I think the word you didn't understand was "empathize" not "emphasize.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/128 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.