(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,328 posts
  • 749 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by jchristian11
  • Topic is favorited by 382 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 331 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(651 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg
362905216_803394858240474_5250419017402129576_n (resized).jpg
362783250_136647389467612_6056695215372692370_n (resized).jpg
C6821FF2-6A6B-4C85-B9B7-0F917A78479A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0538 (resized).jpeg
73000513275__A193B793-F018-40EE-B46C-ACC07564508F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
8C87C09E-DDC1-4C00-904E-4189F6921213 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7482342_0.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 307.
#6251 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Can anyone who has an SE let me know if the backbox width is actually 29”? I want to get one but my doorway is exactly 29” clearance… I have had 90’s b/w games in this room and those barely cleared the doorway

28 3/4” basically or 29 3/4”. Dang I forgot. I have measurements upstairs from my topper. I think it’s 28 3/4 or close to it. Measure 3 times, cut door once. Lol

#6252 1 year ago

That’s my SE+ he’s pushing! Dude, wait! I have a pallet mover right here! He can’t hear me.

#6253 1 year ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Can anyone who has an SE let me know if the backbox width is actually 29”? I want to get one but my doorway is exactly 29” clearance… I have had 90’s b/w games in this room and those barely cleared the doorway

I had this problem once, it was a doorway in a cement block wall (basement). Cut that wall open and made a 36” door. Never had that problem again.

#6254 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I had this problem once, it was a doorway in a cement block wall (basement). Cut that wall open and made a 36” door. Never had that problem again.

Fit through my ~30" doorway just barely with a moving blanket around it. Don't know if that helps

#6255 1 year ago

Has anyone had an issue with the train not catching on the pulley? Mine just spins and never moves the train at all.

#6256 1 year ago
Quoted from TahoeTony:

Has anyone had an issue with the train not catching on the pulley? Mine just spins and never moves the train at all.

Did you remove anything from shipping holding it ? Train not in position or binding on anything ?

LTG : )

#6257 1 year ago
Quoted from TahoeTony:

There is a black zip tie holding the train to the tracks to prevent damage during shipping. Double check it has been removed.

#6258 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

There is a black zip tie holding the train to the tracks to prevent damage during shipping. Double check it has been removed.

Yes, that was my problem.

#6259 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you remove anything from shipping holding it ? Train not in position or binding on anything ?

I will check the train again. It can move manually and then catches on occasion when running tests back to home. Seems like it needs to be adjusted so that it tapers a little or something. Is not always hitting the pulley near train.

#6260 1 year ago
Quoted from TahoeTony:

I will check the train again. It can move manually and then catches on occasion when running tests back to home. Seems like it needs to be adjusted so that it tapers a little or something. Is not always hitting the pulley near train.

hopefully the drive system is not damaged from not cutting the zip-tie from the get. We all make mistakes..fortunately, I read the pamphlet on the glass that shows just that..not bashing at all, but maybe this will help other new owners out, as a reminder.

#6261 1 year ago

Someday, I hope to put this on our LE,,,,

20221031_125356 (resized).jpg20221031_125356 (resized).jpg
#6262 1 year ago

Just found this.

Screenshot_20221031_145808_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221031_145808_Chrome (resized).jpg
#6263 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Someday, I hope to put this on our LE,,,,
[quoted image]

Why is there a bullet coming out of the sheriff badge?

Sheriff may need some coaching on better ways to shoot.

#6264 1 year ago
Quoted from Polypin:

Why is there a bullet coming out of the sheriff badge?
Sheriff may need some coaching on better ways to shoot.

Or the sheriff got shot in the back?

#6265 1 year ago
Quoted from Megeant:

If in fact someone shot the sheriff, I bet he didn't shoot the deputy.

#6266 1 year ago

The wait is killing me,
I need to get high.

Afterthought,
Mmmm, a Bob Marley machine with a smoke mech topper would be cool

bm (resized).JPGbm (resized).JPG

#6267 1 year ago
Quoted from Megeant:

I considered that, but figured there would be blood.

#6268 1 year ago

With such a lack of news or updates from CGC, tough to find something to be excited about with CCrLE at the moment. But wait! My mirrored backglass delivered unexpectedly this morning! Finally, something to at least celebrate! Oh wait… Can someone tell me, does it usually arrive in one piece or is it like a 2000 piece puzzle? Guess I’ll go back to wallowing in CGC frustration and self pity.

5C9AF6B2-2463-42DD-B264-2DD7073894DB (resized).jpeg5C9AF6B2-2463-42DD-B264-2DD7073894DB (resized).jpeg

#6269 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

With such a lack of news or updates from CGC, tough to find something to be excited about with CCrLE at the moment. But wait! My mirrored translite delivered unexpectedly this morning! Finally, something to at least celebrate! Oh wait… Can someone tell me, does it usually arrive in one piece or is it like a 2000 piece puzzle? Guess I’ll go back to wallowing in CGC frustration and self pity.
[quoted image]

That is a sad sight. And not the first posted here. Packing method clearly not adequate. Sorry for your loss!

#6270 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

With such a lack of news or updates from CGC, tough to find something to be excited about with CCrLE at the moment. But wait! My mirrored backglass delivered unexpectedly this morning! Finally, something to at least celebrate! Oh wait… Can someone tell me, does it usually arrive in one piece or is it like a 2000 piece puzzle? Guess I’ll go back to wallowing in CGC frustration and self pity.
[quoted image]

This wasn't a Drop ship..it was a DROP SHIT.
Also sorry for your loss..or PPS's loss..whatever the case. I don't see why these backglasses are being shipped in such richoty, small, and no padding boxes...mine fortunately was..but people DO drop shit in shipping.

#6271 1 year ago

Happy 1yr CCLE Deposit Anniversary Day to me

They didn’t even send me a card

#6272 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

This wasn't a Drop ship..it was a DROP SHIT.

#6273 1 year ago

Pretty sure HDS was on the job for delivery of my backglass! Alriiiightttty then!

#6274 1 year ago

All ... just to clarify with the incorrect speculation and the false assumptions about shipping of these CCR glasses:

> Firstly, PPS has shipped hundreds of these glasses and ZERO have been broken in shipment - we have had one broken in bulk shipping to a reseller but that is an entirely different packaging and done from the manufacturer.
> We had reveiwed our packaging with FEDEX to get confirmation that we qualify for insurance coverage - which is not typically done
> We documented and sent into to all of those resellers on how we package these glasses - they could do it this way or their own way
> Our packaging results in lower shipping costs due to dim weight and has a cost of several dollars in honeycomb - usual requirements are to have a couple inches on every dimension of buffer space to have any hope of getting a claim paid for shipping glass.

From what I know of this broken glass:

1) This was not shipped by PPS, it was a reseller
2) They used a different packaging that what we use - we use sandwitched honeycomb with edge guards, etc.

At some point it does not matter how you package a glass, as a forklift running over a glass or something slamming thru it from the side does not really care how it was packaged.

So, it would be great if we do not make incorrect conclusions based on a picture ... we know what we are doing on this.

Team PPS

That being said, the reseller I'm sure will make it right, and as usual, all we want is to have everyone that wants a glass get one in one piece.

#6275 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

All ... just to clarify with the incorrect speculation and the false assumptions about shipping of these CCR glasses:
> Firstly, PPS has shipped hundreds of these glasses and ZERO have been broken in shipment - we have had one broken in bulk shipping to a reseller but that is an entirely different packaging and done from the manufacturer.
> We had reveiwed our packaging with FEDEX to get confirmation that we qualify for insurance coverage - which is not typically done
> We documented and sent into to all of those resellers on how we package these glasses - they could do it this way or their own way
> Our packaging results in lower shipping costs due to dim weight and has a cost of several dollars in honeycomb - usual requirements are to have a couple inches on every dimension of buffer space to have any hope of getting a claim paid for shipping glass.
From what I know of this broken glass:
1) This was not shipped by PPS, it was a reseller
2) They used a different packaging that what we use - we use sandwitched honeycomb with edge guards, etc.
At some point it does not matter how you package a glass, as a forklift running over a glass or something slamming thru it from the side does not really care how it was packaged.
So, it would be great if we do not make incorrect conclusions based on a picture ... we know what we are doing on this.
Team PPS
That being said, the reseller I'm sure will make it right, and as usual, all we want is to have everyone that wants a glass get one in one piece.

To be fair to the distributor, they labeled this and packaged it very well (including honeycomb with edge guards), and are a great reseller. This was clearly a FedEx issue in my opinion. Thanks for engaging and providing context though PPS.

50D639E6-3B0A-4A72-83ED-DF0E8920CB1B (resized).jpeg50D639E6-3B0A-4A72-83ED-DF0E8920CB1B (resized).jpeg
#6276 1 year ago

the shippers can destroy just about anything it seems ... regardless of how it's packaged! That's why god invented insurance ...

#6277 1 year ago

Look how fast PPS appears when it’s a topic they want to face…

#6278 1 year ago

Ours was pretty trashed on the outside as well. It did make it but I was definitely concerned before opening. UPS be chucking them too.

#6279 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Happy 1yr CCLE Deposit Anniversary Day to me
They didn’t even send me a card

Email received today from PPS said no update on tracking. And they reported that their messages to CGC go unanswered. WTF? PPS is caught between a rock and a hard place. They have to be CGC's largest customer and they don't even respond to them? Not even sure I want this now.....what's going to happen if/when we need repairs if we ever do get the game? Strange behavior indeed and has me concerned about their corporate viability. Something is not right here....

#6280 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffster:

.what's going to happen if/when we need repairs

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ Under Support - Help Desk. Open a ticket.

#6281 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffster:

Email received today from PPS said no update on tracking. And they reported that their messages to CGC go unanswered. WTF? PPS is caught between a rock and a hard place. They have to be CGC's largest customer and they don't even respond to them? Not even sure I want this now.....what's going to happen if/when we need repairs if we ever do get the game? Strange behavior indeed and has me concerned about their corporate viability. Something is not right here....

LTG has your back once you receive your game.

#6282 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://www.chicago-gaming.com/ Under Support - Help Desk. Open a ticket.

LTG is THE BEST! Knowing he is there gives me a large degree of comfort!

#6283 1 year ago

I was never worried about CGC but upon hearing people being invoiced for the LEs and then silence on its shipping… that’s something to raise an eyebrow over. To me that’s a red flag.

#6284 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I was never worried about CGC but upon hearing people being invoiced for the LEs and then silence on its shipping… that’s something to raise an eyebrow over. To me that’s a red flag.

CGC’s statement: “Dealers are prohibited from taking full payment more than two weeks before shipment.” Seems to be a problem here…

#6285 1 year ago

Not sure how relevant

85FC0AAF-1686-428E-A2E1-17CBBC0E2895 (resized).png85FC0AAF-1686-428E-A2E1-17CBBC0E2895 (resized).png
#6286 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Not sure how relevant
[quoted image]

Probably not available on Oct. 15th.

#6287 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffster:

PPS is caught between a rock and a hard place. They have to be CGC's largest customer and they don't even respond to them? Not even sure I want this now.....what's going to happen if/when we need repairs if we ever do get the game? Strange behavior indeed and has me concerned about their corporate viability. Something is not right here....

Wow. Your game is late = CGC is going under. A handful of payments is going to matter?

If PPS is worried they know who to call.

Quoted from Ivanhoe:

To me that’s clutching at straws or fanning the flames.

Quoted from jchristian11:

CGC’s statement: “Dealers are prohibited from taking full payment more than two weeks before shipment.” Seems to be a problem here…

No dealer is going to risk their standing with CGC by deliberately violating this. If a dealer (I presume Nevada Pinball/PPS) asked for final payment they must have had a good reason to do so (i.e. they were told a batch of their games was ready to ship). If you paid your invoice in full, I guarantee there is someone at your distributor that knows why the payment request was made. If you are worried, pick up the phone and ask.

If you are following any of the other manufactures there are plenty of similar stories (for months). As bad as CGC’s communication is, this issue isn’t unique to them.

Preordering games isn’t for everyone. It’s been just over a year since I made my deposit and most LE buyers are in the same boat. Some people have been waiting for Stern games even longer than that.

CGC has made it clear that anyone who wants their deposit back will get it. If you are really worried, cancel your order and get your money back.

#6288 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Sell your LE spot. Plenty of people will step up and take your spot.

Only red flag is distros not doing the right thing by asking for final payment before game is ready to ship.

#6289 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Only red flag is distros not doing the right thing by asking for final payment before game is ready to ship.

And we don’t actually have evidence that any distributors did.

They could have asked for final payment after receiving word from CGC and then something changed. (I don’t know what that could be, but I doubt anyone at CGC said “Your games are ready to ship” and then followed up with “Just Kidding!”)

#6290 1 year ago
Quoted from PPS:

all we want is to have everyone that wants a glass get one in one piece.

What about the rest of the game

#6291 1 year ago

Probably not available on Oct. 15th.

Ad is correct. Notice year is not included

#6292 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Sell your LE. Plenty of people will step up and take your spot.

Why are you so snippy?

I’m not saying I’m not a fan of CGC or trying to say anything negative about the company’s reputation. I’m just saying that the reports of people being invoiced (indicating shipment within 2 weeks) and shipments not going out is a red flag. It’s not like I’m comparing them to Deeproot. CGC produced games but they seem to have some issues that may be indicative of something larger. You would think they make some announcements. I know it’s unusual for a manufacturer to address these concerns but this is an unusual situation.

To be clear, I think CGC is great, I have all 3 of their remakes and I’ll buy CGC games solely based on the company attention to quality, but it’s disheartening to see this situation play out.

#6293 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow. Your game is late = CGC is going under. A handful of payments is going to matter?
If PPS is worried they know who to call.

To me that’s clutching at straws or fanning the flames.

No dealer is going to risk their standing with CGC by deliberately violating this. If a dealer (I presume Nevada Pinball/PPS) asked for final payment they must have had a good reason to do so (i.e. they were told a batch of their games was ready to ship). If you paid your invoice in full, I guarantee there is someone at your distributor that knows why the payment request was made. If you are worried, pick up the phone and ask.
If you are following any of the other manufactures there are plenty of similar stories (for months). As bad as CGC’s communication is, this issue isn’t unique to them.
Preordering games isn’t for everyone. It’s been just over a year since I made my deposit and most LE buyers are in the same boat. Some people have been waiting for Stern games even longer than that.
CGC has made it clear that anyone who wants their deposit back will get it. If you are really worried, cancel your order and get your money back.

CGC is violating their own policy, do you not get that?

#6294 1 year ago

PPS is not worried, we are annoyed, but not worried.

#6295 1 year ago

CGC is violating their own policy, do you not get that?

Umm, no. Nothing we know so far shows there was a violation.

And if you understood/thought about the policy, you’d realize CGC couldn’t violate it.

#6296 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And we don’t actually have evidence that any distributors did.
They could have asked for final payment after receiving word from CGC and then something changed. (I don’t know what that could be, but I doubt anyone at CGC said “Your games are ready to ship” and then followed up with “Just Kidding!”)

Even you are having a hard time defending CGC's incompetence...My guess is once again CGC promised shipping and they dropped the ball.....AGAIN

#6297 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

Why are you so snippy?
I’m not saying I’m not a fan of CGC or trying to say anything negative about the company’s reputation. I’m just saying that the reports of people being invoiced (indicating shipment within 2 weeks) and shipments not going out is a red flag. It’s not like I’m comparing them to Deeproot. CGC produced games but they seem to have some issues that may be indicative of something larger. You would think they make some announcements. I know it’s unusual for a manufacturer to address these concerns but this is an unusual situation.
To be clear, I think CGC is great, I have all 3 of their remakes and I’ll buy CGC games solely based on the company attention to quality, but it’s disheartening to see this situation play out.

I am not snippy, I am not anything and I have no skin in the game . You are the red flag, moaning will not make your game arrive any quicker. Do you have a game coming?

#6298 1 year ago
Quoted from Jeffster:

I call bullshit on that story. Not only is PPS their customer… they are the gatekeeper for all their future remake deals. Do you really believe doug would not even take Rick’s call? No way

Now not give them a date they don’t want to repeat… i can see… or non commital… i can buy. Rick can’t even get a call back?? I don’t buy it

I think they were feeding you a tale

#6299 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Umm, no. Nothing we know so far shows there was a violation.
And if you understood/thought about the policy, you’d realize CGC couldn’t violate it.

It’s amazing how much water you attempt to carry for them.

#6300 1 year ago

On the topic of the mirrored backglass, mine arrived on Saturday. Can anyone tell me what the rather large circular mirrored area to the left of the Youssi signature is supposed to represent? My initial reaction when I opened it was that I got a defective one but it seems all of the pics posted have it too. I’m having trouble figuring out why it’s there - it looks really out of place to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 210.00
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.95
Hardware
RavSpec
Hardware
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Bay Village, OH
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
8,995 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball
Armor and blades
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 307.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/126?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.