(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 309.
#6101 1 year ago

Is there any update on when these should be made and shipped out?

#6102 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

Who’s running marketing at CGC. say sorry for the delay les on the line and take a pic of the machines on the line.

EB473ADB-16D1-40DB-B04D-5A303FDAC526 (resized).jpegEB473ADB-16D1-40DB-B04D-5A303FDAC526 (resized).jpeg
#6103 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

And don’t miss that last sentence... confidence level even from a major distributor is not high.

This concerns me. That’s why “Pics or it didn’t happen” is necessary.

6F785529-B72F-446F-B9ED-71CD4D5962B8 (resized).jpeg6F785529-B72F-446F-B9ED-71CD4D5962B8 (resized).jpeg
#6104 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

This concerns me. That’s why “Pics or it didn’t happen” is necessary.
[quoted image]

Fair, and agree! Literally could be a smart phone pic…doesn’t have to be complicated.

#6105 1 year ago
Quoted from pldubya43:

Is there any update on when these should be made and shipped out?

4 to 6 weeks ... every 4 to 6 weeks

#6106 1 year ago
Quoted from mycarlooksfast:

Looks like your plunger is getting caught up on the side of the hole. Mine did this the other night too. I just gently adjusted the position of the coil ever so slightly from underneath so it was more centered in the hole.

Bingo! Slight pull and it's dropping like it's hot now. Thank you.

#6107 1 year ago

CGC should heavily discount the software upgrade (like they did with the original MMRLE buyers) as a gift for taking well over a year to deliver the game

#6108 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

as a gift for taking well over a year to deliver the game

So discount for year + waiting for game
Discount for an other year waiting for software.

FREE SOFTWARE FOE EVERYONE !

#6109 1 year ago

It is a bit odd how CGC get such a free pass on here when you look at the Pinside Pitchfork Orgy that has plagued the Spooky and Haggis threads.

For reference:

- Haggis Mermaid - Deposit paid 27/4/21, received 27/10/22 - 548 Days
- Spooky HWN/UM - Deposit paid 15/7/21, received 20/10/22 - 462 Days
- CGC CCR LE - Deposit Paid 2/12/21.......... If the Australian container left today it would be about 60 days to me, so 329 days so far Plus 60 days - 389 days and counting.

I'm all for equal opportunity orgies.

#6110 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I dont know about free, but I think a good discount is warranted for the massive delays....every other manufacturer has no problem pumping out games yet for some reason CGC can't seem to get it done

#6111 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Stern LE and Premiums have the exact same game play and rules. Basically the only difference between the two is eye candy, armor, glass, and powder coating. Possibly I'm wrong here, but doesn't the SE or SE+ have the same exact same game play and rules as the LE? Aside from the eye candy (armor, apron, topper, etc...) isn't it the exact same game?

His statement was that it is worth the increased cost for an LE from CGC.

You get a topper, shaker motor, fancy apron, side art, additional sculpts and powder coated trim for $1250. Which is a very reasonable amount of things for the increased price.

With Stern you get side art, powder coating, different art, invisible glass, a designer signature, and a shaker motor for $3300 more. You don't even get a topper at that price. They aren't really worth the increased cost.

#6112 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

His statement was that it is worth the increased cost for an LE from CGC.
You get a topper, shaker motor, fancy apron, side art, additional sculpts and powder coated trim for $1250. Which is a very reasonable amount of things for the increased price.
With Stern you get side art, powder coating, different art, invisible glass, a designer signature, and a shaker motor for $3300 more. You don't even get a topper at that price. They aren't really worth the increased cost.

I agree with that....clearly there's way more value on the CCRLE ...

#6113 1 year ago

So glad I don't give 1 flying turd about toppers and ordered an SE. I do feel really bad for the folks waiting a year now for their LEs. It's hard to believe it's been that long since the release announcement.

#6114 1 year ago

January 1st we all ask for our refunds. Show of unity. Lol jk I’ll wait.

#6115 1 year ago

I’d respect distributor more if they just sent this:
96707952-2B6E-4728-AB65-45BD678EDC74.gif96707952-2B6E-4728-AB65-45BD678EDC74.gif

#6116 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So glad I don't give 1 flying turd about toppers and ordered an SE. I do feel really bad for the folks waiting a year now for their LEs. It's hard to believe it's been that long since the release announcement.

What about the guys that really really really wanted an LE, but didn’t have a prayer because they’re not in tight with a distributor who let their bro’s buy 3 LE’s to scalp, and then you had to pay the same price as the LE for an SE with the topper, and then build your stuff last to rub salt in the wound??? Do you feel bad for them guys too?

#6117 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

What about the guys that really really really wanted an LE, but didn’t have a prayer because they’re not in tight with a distributor who let their bro’s buy 3 LE’s to scalp, and then you had to pay the same price as the LE for an SE with the topper

Come on. This is an old and tired argument.

LEs slots were readily available for WEEKS before the Expo reveal, during that weekend and early into the week (unlike Stern LEs). I had two (gave one up) and found three for others after the reveal.

It was only once the topper was shown that all of a sudden everyone wanted an LE. Cue Toppergate which resulted in the SE+.

#6118 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

doesn't the SE or SE+ have the same exact same game play and rules as the LE?

Except for the topper shooting gallery mode, yes.

#6119 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I agree with that....clearly there's way more value on the CCRLE ...

If they ever deliver them ..

#6120 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

LEs slots were readily available for WEEKS before the Expo reveal, during that weekend and early into the week (unlike Stern LEs). I had two (gave one up) and found three for others after the reveal.
It was only once the topper was shown that all of a sudden everyone wanted an LE. Cue Toppergate which resulted in the SE+.

If I remember Sara at PPS came into this thread a couple weeks before the reveal and asked who wanted an LE. She said at that time anybody that got on the list was guaranteed one. That hinged on both being in this thread and buying sight unseen at that point. My guess is this is how they were gauging total interest. If 1000 people ordered through PPS at that time they may have made another 1000 for the other distros. But long story short you are right. Anybody could have had one IF they saw the post for early orders in this thread AND you were willing to order sight unseen. However there are certainly people that would have missed those things and that does stink for them.

#6121 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

If I remember Sara at PPS came into this thread a couple weeks before the reveal and asked who wanted an LE. She said at that time anybody that got on the list was guaranteed one. That hinged on both being in this thread and buying sight unseen at that point. My guess is this is how they were gauging total interest. If 1000 people ordered through PPS at that time they may have made another 1000 for the other distros. But long story short you are right. Anybody could have had one IF they saw the post for early orders in this thread AND you were willing to order sight unseen. However there are certainly people that would have missed those things and that does stink for them.

And IF PPS even read your email. I heard others say at the time that they had contacted PPS and they also were told by PPS that they never got the email after the games were sold out.

#6122 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

And IF PPS even read your email. I heard others say at the time that they had contacted PPS and they also were told by PPS that they never got the email after the games were sold out.

My game is through Cointaker so I can’t speak to the experience with PPS. This was just my recollection of events.

#6123 1 year ago

Noon question, but is it possible just to buy the topper alone? We have an SE coming and just wondering if this might be an additional down the line.

#6124 1 year ago
Quoted from atg1469:

Noon question, but is it possible just to buy the topper alone? We have an SE coming and just wondering if this might be an additional down the line.

Sadly, no. You need to go LE or SE+.

#6125 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

If I remember Sara at PPS came into this thread

Not quite.

A couple people posted responses from her that she emailed to them.

LTG : )

#6126 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not quite.
A couple people posted responses from her that she emailed to them.
LTG : )

Ahh. Thanks for clarifying. There is a lot to dig back through in this thread. Thankfully your memory is better than mine!

#6127 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

LEs slots were readily available for WEEKS before the Expo reveal, during that weekend and early into the week (unlike Stern LEs).

Same old tired deflection- the game pricing and details were not available… so pointing at people making commitments before the game is even revealed is not equivalent to ‘lots of availability’

You repeating it doesn’t make it true

#6128 1 year ago

This what was posted at the end of August. I sent email a day later on 9/1 to put my name on the list. There was never a commitment at this time. Email came 11/1 for the initial deposit, game had been revealed and pricing was out. At that time you had to commit to your slot and put your money down. Nothing was blind.

cid:5FAC730D-E278-4F9A-9496-FBAB5BC71D02pasted_image (resized).pngcid:5FAC730D-E278-4F9A-9496-FBAB5BC71D02pasted_image (resized).png
#6129 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

PPS didn't take money either -- it was just putting your name on their list which guaranteed you a spot if you wanted one. IIRC - I didn't have to send any deposit money until after it was revealed at expo? (Could be mistaken)

PPS handled it very fairly and really gave everyone a fair shot if they were following the game prior to release.

#6130 1 year ago
Quoted from seenev:

Anyone want to sell their LE spot at cost?

#6131 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Same old tired deflection- the game pricing and details were not available… so pointing at people making commitments before the game is even revealed is not equivalent to ‘lots of availability’
You repeating it doesn’t make it true

A comparison was made to Stern LEs and that you couldn’t get one unless you were part of the good old boy network. Those weren’t true. Unlike almost all Stern LEs which are spoken for/reserved months/years in advance (also before anyone knows features/pricing), CCRLEs were available to those that wanted one.

It’s still true regardless of how many times I say it

#6132 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

A comparison was made to Stern LEs and that you couldn’t get one unless you were part of the good old boy network. Those weren’t true. Unlike almost all Stern LEs which are spoken for/reserved months/years in advance (also before anyone knows features/pricing), CCRLEs were available to those that wanted one.

Never bought a new Stern before. I called a distributor that I never bought from before and asked if he could sell me an LE and I got it for MSRP no tax and free shipping. Good honest distributors are out there. You don’t need to be connected, If a good distributor knows you aren’t looking to flip it and have a passion for pinball or a specific game or theme they will take care of you if they have one available.

#6133 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

I agree with this..maybe LFS would have agreed as well

#6134 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

This what was posted at the end of August. I sent email a day later on 9/1 to put my name on the list. There was never a commitment at this time. Email came 11/1 for the initial deposit, game had been revealed and pricing was out. At that time you had to commit to your slot and put your money down. Nothing was blind. [quoted image]

I also emailed on 8/31 to get on the list. Never bough a NIB game before, didn't know any distributors, don't flip, just stayed hot on the trail, read every post on this and other threads and jumped on the opportunity.

#6135 1 year ago

My distributer put CCLE up on their site as first come first serve. Sent out email in advance to give notice. This was after all info was released.

MUCH better than same distributer with sterns, where there appears to be no way for me to ever get on super secret le lists that are never made public nor given any lotto system. Then next day pinside has 10 stern les for 5k markup. Fun. I kinda stopped even trying to get a stern now cause of it.

#6136 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Sadly, no. You need to go LE or SE+.</blockquot

Sadly, no. You need to go LE or SE+.

Cant a 2nd party make and distribute a topper for this game similar to the CGC one?

#6137 1 year ago
Quoted from Buynsell:

Cant a 2nd party make and distribute a topper for this game similar to the CGC one?

Aesthetically this is probably possible. The interaction with the game code would be a bigger hurdle. If you made one for yourself that is probably ok but if you distribute them I would expect PPS/CGC would issue a C&D to protect their IP. For me if you had any inkling of wanting a topper the best path forward is the SE+.

#6138 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

This what was posted at the end of August. I sent email a day later on 9/1 to put my name on the list

So like i said… well before the game was revealed. You’re talking well over a month BEFORE the game was revealed.

This does not make the game generally available for a long time after it was revealed which is cgc #1 fan’s favorite goto.

I mean if it was so readily available there would have been no sales of the SE+ and zero reason to even introduce that. But we know that unmet demand after the game was revealed was the exact reason the Se+ was introduced— UNMET DEMAND

Readily available presale interest lists != readily available inventory ‘for anyone who wanted one’

#6139 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

CCRLEs were available to those that wanted one

Then who were the SE+s added for? People who just like paying more?

#6140 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I tried pretty hard and called around a lot. Couldn't get one. Settled for an SE. Have been playing it since April and am so glad I didn't get an LE. The SE is amazing. Whole family loves the machine.

#6141 1 year ago

Any day now we will get our LEs whether that’s next week, next month, or next year (most likely) ‍♂️‍♂️

#6142 1 year ago
Quoted from MooButt:

What about the guys that really really really wanted an LE, but didn’t have a prayer because they’re not in tight with a distributor who let their bro’s buy 3 LE’s to scalp, and then you had to pay the same price as the LE for an SE with the topper, and then build your stuff last to rub salt in the wound??? Do you feel bad for them guys too?

I feel bad for anyone that got cut out of a game they really wanted due to scalpers, regardless of title, manufacturer, or release date/wait time. All NIB scalpers/flippers have a special place in hell waiting for them in my opinion.

#6143 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

I tried pretty hard and called around a lot. Couldn't get one. Settled for an SE. Have been playing it since April and am so glad I didn't get an LE. The SE is amazing. Whole family loves the machine.

Same. I tried to get an LE spot well before the official announcement, and was unable to after contacting a number of dealers. Went SE and the game is a blast, totally satisfied with it as-is. Can’t know what you’re missing if you don’t have it! Now I can put that extra 1k toward another game.

#6144 1 year ago
Quoted from Buynsell:

One guy actually did make his own topper and offered up a few more to anyone who wanted them at cost. CGC and PPS contacted him and said he cant do that because they own the rights and likeness to that game. So that put a end to that.

#6145 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

One guy actually did make his own topper and offered up a few more to anyone who wanted them at cost. CGC and PPS contacted him and said he cant do that because they own the rights and likeness to that game. So that put a end to that.

In fairness.

If memory serves me correct. He was blatantly copying CGCs topper.

Other people have made toppers for CCr that don't infringe on CGC or PPS copyrights, and I don't think they've been told to remove them. Such as this one: https://mezelmods.com/products/cactus-canyon-pinball-topper

#6146 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

In fairness.
If memory serves me correct. He was blatantly copying CGCs topper.
Other people have made toppers for CCr that don't infringe on CGC or PPS copyrights, and I don't think they've been told to remove them. Such as this one: https://mezelmods.com/products/cactus-canyon-pinball-topper

Oh for sure. You can make a topper that just says "The old west" and get away with it. He was asking if anyone can make a similar topper to what is already being made. We found out that is not an option.

#6147 1 year ago

I don’t get the delay after delay after delay. They said games were going to ship in 4-5 weeks, 5 weeks ago. I could care less about the topper and have been enjoying my SE game for the last 6 months.

#6148 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Maybe he should teach CGC how to get it done ....
Time enough for them to get a hold of a guy building a mod , but no time to update a pending customer in just under a year.

#6149 1 year ago

I’m constantly surprised by the surprise regarding delays. I guess some weren’t around for Afmr, mbr, etc. Cgc is like Elon. Cool products, terrible at timelines. I’m not justifying it, but is it not expected? They’re a different company. Timelines aren’t what they do. I just don’t plan on receiving the game at a specific time. No outrage needed.

#6150 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m constantly surprised by the surprise regarding delays. I guess some weren’t around for Afmr, mbr, etc. Cgc is like Elon. Cool products, terrible at timelines. I’m not justifying it, but is it not expected? They’re a different company. Timelines aren’t what they do. I just don’t plan on receiving the game at a specific time. No outrage needed.

I think people assumed that things would be different this time. Especially when they said they had a year plus head start on this project.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,000 (Firm)
$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.