(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,402 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 309.
#6001 1 year ago

...the waiting for the LE is brutal! Maybe in time for Christmas?

#6002 1 year ago
Quoted from staceyflip:

Maybe in time for Christmas?

God only knows at this point. I certainly hope so

#6003 1 year ago

I know everyone is antsy about their LE’sc but any news about the new Sharp/Lyman code?

#6004 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I know everyone is antsy about their LE’sc but any news about the new Sharp/Lyman code?

Im really hoping CGC can get the resources to complete what Josh and Lyman started.

From what I have read and heard the update may only be 50% baked ?

CCr will need this masterpiece to be fully cooked with complete and enhanced code to achieve perfection .

#6005 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Im really hoping CGC can get the resources to complete what Josh and Lyman started.
From what I have read and heard the update may only be 50% baked ?
CCr will need this masterpiece to be fully cooked with complete and enhanced code to achieve perfection .

No pressure! Lol I agree though

#6006 1 year ago
D7E12926-CE87-444D-8979-A203335A51E7 (resized).jpegD7E12926-CE87-444D-8979-A203335A51E7 (resized).jpeg
#6007 1 year ago

Yep, another week and no updates. And with the expo happening, did no one who attended ask or push to see if there are any updates at all?? Embarrassing for CGC and disappointing that they refuse to provide any update, and frustrating for everyone waiting.

#6008 1 year ago

I am having an issue with the mine entrance as any vibration triggers the inductive sensor board under the playfield. I go in to switch test and all I have to do is tap it with my finger and I can see it register the mine entrance switch. So I imagine I have to replace this board. Just checking if anybody else has had this issue

09D4B7C4-EAA0-477A-8659-CE3BB14807A8 (resized).jpeg09D4B7C4-EAA0-477A-8659-CE3BB14807A8 (resized).jpeg2D5F9E0C-D8BF-4F70-935C-3AAC8F4FF730 (resized).jpeg2D5F9E0C-D8BF-4F70-935C-3AAC8F4FF730 (resized).jpegEF773220-B7EC-4487-BED8-1836E76BDAE3 (resized).jpegEF773220-B7EC-4487-BED8-1836E76BDAE3 (resized).jpeg
#6009 1 year ago
Quoted from firefighter:

Just checking if anybody else has had this issue

I sent you a PM. Please send me an email at the address in there and I'll email you back a PDF to help you.

Thank you.
LTG : )

#6010 1 year ago

Not sure if this game is a remake, it's more like a reproduction. A remake is a complete overhaul of the original game, for example (I assume you're all familiar with Sega's Twister):

#6011 1 year ago

I saw there are drop target decals available. I assume intended for the original CC. What do you think of these?

s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
#6012 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Did anyone get up close pics of the LE's at Expo?

The armor is matte. It feels great against the hands.

C3DB32F7-E8DB-47D7-AE55-3A33CA5AD346 (resized).jpegC3DB32F7-E8DB-47D7-AE55-3A33CA5AD346 (resized).jpeg
#6013 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

[quoted image]

Thanks for the great pic! Can’t wait to see everyone’s after delivery pics, or to see one out in the wild!

#6014 1 year ago

Email from Sara at PPS just now.....sorry no tracking yet, blame it on expo as that may have impacted drop shipments....should see something soon. She's awesome. Even though its not really any news, she has been great about communication.

#6015 1 year ago

Still looking for the exact brand and color of the PC so I can get the door done if anyone has that by chance.

#6016 1 year ago
Quoted from firefighter:

I am having an issue with the mine entrance as any vibration triggers the inductive sensor board under the playfield. I go in to switch test and all I have to do is tap it with my finger and I can see it register the mine entrance switch. So I imagine I have to replace this board. Just checking if anybody else has had this issue
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I got it fixed in a hurry thanks to Lloyds quick response. He sent me the PDF file showing that the pins need to be readjusted and hot glue connector back in place to make a good contact. Easy fix!
Thanks again Lloyd!

76C95F18-F9F4-47F0-8FDC-0D209BEBC1D2 (resized).jpeg76C95F18-F9F4-47F0-8FDC-0D209BEBC1D2 (resized).jpeg
#6017 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

with my eyes, yes..but the big question is..is last years LE the same as the shipping LE's?

Not quite. There are a number of minor playfield fixes/tweaks in the production version (almost all the SEs have these too). I think one of the show LEs didn’t have the exact powder coat color but would have to check my notes from TPF.

Quoted from cooked71:

No. Still happening but the outside chance of this year is gone.

#6018 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. Still happening but the outside chance of this year is gone.

too funny you have to answer this question ! they still cannot ship the LE or SE+?
be lucky to see the add on mid to late next year !

#6019 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

too funny you have to answer this question ! they still cannot ship the LE or SE+?
be lucky to see the add on mid to late next year !

I am expecting them to release the new code for next years Chicago pinball show. I would be surprised if it happened before that.

#6020 1 year ago
70DD3686-B796-4AE2-A915-104B4EFF7B7D (resized).jpeg70DD3686-B796-4AE2-A915-104B4EFF7B7D (resized).jpeg
#6021 1 year ago

Was Playing my CCr SE and the Train stopped moving, mine will not move, and the two ball diverters will not as well. I checked all fuses and checked all connectors. To clarify I suppose, they can be moved manually so there is no binding anywhere. Help would be greatly appreciated. I have sent a ticket to Chicago Gaming but figured I can ask here while I wait for a response. I tested them in the menu with the switch pulled out. Everything else works.

#6022 1 year ago

Do they work in tests ?

#6023 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do they work in tests ?

No they don't. Sorry didn't state that lol

#6024 1 year ago

Got an answer from Ryan and I didn't see the fuse on the playfield pcb and it was blown. Problem fixed.

#6025 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Got an answer from Ryan and I didn't see the fuse on the playfield pcb and it was blown. Problem fixed.

Nice!!!

#6026 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Why did it blow
Is the question

#6027 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Why did it blow
Is the question

I'll be asking that question if it happens again. As of right now all is good. I've got about 500 plays on the machine right now so we'll see.

#6028 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Lmk I've blown 2 playfield pcbs the 2nd one blew immediately

#6029 1 year ago
Quoted from Jkush18:

[quoted image]

Is anyone offering lollipop rails in gunmetal color to match?

#6030 1 year ago
Quoted from staceyflip:

Is anyone offering lollipop rails in gunmetal color to match?

Damn now I want a set of these too.

#6031 1 year ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

I saw there are drop target decals available. I assume intended for the original CC. What do you think of these?
[quoted image]

I prefer the original drop decals. I bought a couple sets of those, and even the original yellow drop targets just in case I wanted to switch. I’ll probably stick with the clear/frosted drops, but I might switch the decals. You can make out their faces much better on the old art. They just won’t allow as much light through them.

#6032 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Was Playing my CCr SE and the Train stopped moving, mine will not move, and the two ball diverters will not as well. I checked all fuses and checked all connectors. To clarify I suppose, they can be moved manually so there is no binding anywhere. Help would be greatly appreciated. I have sent a ticket to Chicago Gaming but figured I can ask here while I wait for a response. I tested them in the menu with the switch pulled out. Everything else works.

That’s most likely a blown fuse. Same thing happened to mine, months ago. No problem since. Chinese fuses are not created equal

#6033 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Why did it blow
Is the question

Cheap and inconsistent fuses

#6034 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I prefer the original drop decals. I bought a couple sets of those, and even the original yellow drop targets just in case I wanted to switch. I’ll probably stick with the clear/frosted drops, but I might switch the decals. You can make out their faces much better on the old art. They just won’t allow as much light through them.

The new drop targets are physically designed to be different than the old ones.

For example, CGC's drops are slightly angled downward to prevent airballs on strong hits. They are tapered so that they are bigger at the top to fill the playfield better when they're down in an attempt to lessen ghosting and stuck balls. I believe they also did something to dampen the ball on impact so that it doesn't come back as quickly.

I believe the original CC drop mech also only used one solenoid that had to continually fire to keep it up as opposed to the standard approach of having one to raise and one to lower. So the latching mech is likely different between the two.

Moral of the story, you probably can't just swap our the old drop target for the new. Without some modifications.

#6035 1 year ago

It’s now 4 weeks since i made my full payment. Which i was told wouldn’t be made until game was ready to ship!

Something seems fishy.

#6036 1 year ago
Quoted from V8haha:

It’s now 4 weeks since i made my full payment. Which i was told wouldn’t be made until game was ready to ship!
Something seems fishy.

Ian that stinks. The policy stated on the CGC website is 2 weeks. Sounds like you have blown past that a bit. I am still super stoked you are putting this game on route. I think people will really enjoy playing it!

Cgc (resized).pngCgc (resized).png
#6037 1 year ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Ian that stinks. The policy stated on the CGC website is 2 weeks. Sounds like you have blown past that a bit. I am still super stoked you are putting this game on route. I think people will really enjoy playing it!
[quoted image]

At this rate, I think time just moves slower in CGC land.

2 weeks to them is around 2 months to everyone else.

#6038 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The new drop targets are physically designed to be different than the old ones.
For example, CGC's drops are slightly angled downward to prevent airballs on strong hits. They are tapered so that they are bigger at the top to fill the playfield better when they're down in an attempt to lessen ghosting and stuck balls. I believe they also did something to dampen the ball on impact so that it doesn't come back as quickly.
I believe the original CC drop mech also only used one solenoid that had to continually fire to keep it up as opposed to the standard approach of having one to raise and one to lower. So the latching mech is likely different between the two.
Moral of the story, you probably can't just swap our the old drop target for the new. Without some modifications.

Absolutely. Original decals fine (but I don’t think they would look good) but don’t mess with the drop targets.

#6039 1 year ago
CCr Update 10-26-22 (resized).jpgCCr Update 10-26-22 (resized).jpg
#6040 1 year ago
Quoted from TooMetal:

[quoted image]

Beat me by 31 seconds.

#6041 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRestore:

Beat me by 31 seconds.

Didn’t we see that exact update a few weeks ago?

#6042 1 year ago

While I appreciate everyone’s patience and grace for CGC in this group, and understand that we all value quality over speed, at some point there is accountability. It’s so disappointing that CGC won’t be transparent and communicate an official update. It reflects so poorly on their professionalism and commitment to their customers. Especially when you have distributors collecting full payment, and then not delivering on the timeline promised. And don’t miss that last sentence: “will update you again in 6 weeks if we have not started receiving games into our warehouse”…confidence level even from a major distributor is not high. Again, still excited for this game, just really disappointing.

#6043 1 year ago

2023 ..... jokingly posted this date probably on page 2 of this thread !

super sad that this has become fact !

better put my deposit in for the next remake in 2034 !

Happy Anniversary to my deposit !

#6044 1 year ago

As a reminder, this is the update Game Room Guys sent on Sept. 20, 2022 (i.e., 5 weeks ago).

CCr Update 9-20-22 (resized).jpgCCr Update 9-20-22 (resized).jpg
#6045 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

2023 ..... jokingly posted this date probably on page 2 of this thread !
super sad that this has become fact !
better put my deposit in for the next remake in 2034 !
Happy Anniversary to my deposit !

I knew it wasn't a joke The delays are disappointing, but pretty typical of CGC. It appears they are the worst in the industry at getting games out the door.

#6046 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

While I appreciate everyone’s patience and grace for CGC in this group, and understand that we all value quality over speed, at some point there is accountability. It’s so disappointing that CGC won’t be transparent and communicate an official update. It reflects so poorly on their professionalism and commitment to their customers. Especially when you have distributors collecting full payment, and then not delivering on the timeline promised. And don’t miss that last sentence: “will update you again in 6 weeks if we have not started receiving games into our warehouse”…confidence level even from a major distributor is not high. Again, still excited for this game, just really disappointing.

And if they have no answers like when a supplier can deliver an item then what?

I prefer this route of not communicating since they really have nothing to communicate they haven't already said.

#6047 1 year ago

“There’s an old saying in Tennessee - I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says...”

DDF557ED-FAD1-42B7-80F2-173FFF6BDC4F (resized).jpegDDF557ED-FAD1-42B7-80F2-173FFF6BDC4F (resized).jpeg
#6048 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

“There’s an old saying in Tennessee - I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says...”
[quoted image]

I can watch this one over and over again 15+ years later

#6049 1 year ago

I’m personally glad I bit the SE bullet, despite my topper fixation. Because it allowed me to buy a mint MMr LE..(even though I’m on the list for the next rev). I really doubt they will be able to take on MMr’s in ‘23. I hope you all get your CCr LE’s and +’s by the end of this year. The wait will be worth it guys: We love our CCr SE!!! Very entertaining and very high quality..probably a bit more refined than my MMr! My .123

#6050 1 year ago

Oof.

Per Knapp Arcade / Game Room
guys, CCR LE’s are delayed again…around 18 weeks to fulfill all LE’s.

https://www.knapparcade.org/post/chicago-gaming-company-cactus-canyon-remake-limited-edition-pinball-machine-delayed-again

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,999 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/121 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.