(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,427 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 minutes ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,427 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 309.
#551 2 years ago

Well as promised it's payday and I ordered my train track set ULEKstore

#552 2 years ago

In the club.

C5C61307-D598-4F5E-AF07-27669AB711FF (resized).jpegC5C61307-D598-4F5E-AF07-27669AB711FF (resized).jpeg
#553 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

In the club.[quoted image]

Congrats! It's such a great machine!

#554 2 years ago

Just paid my invoice from PinballStar. Looks like it shouldn't be long now!

#555 2 years ago

In the club.[quoted image]

Yeah man!

#556 2 years ago

Every invoice paid, gets you one machine closer to your turn! I'm cheering for you to be up soon/next

#557 2 years ago

Need the pic of the smiling unboxing face... again hoping the first Canadian Game goes to you ....
Mine is an LE so .... 2023 ...

#558 2 years ago

Like everyone else here, I’m extremely excited to receive my CCr and I’m hoping I’ll have it within a couple of weeks. The wait is tough, but it’ll be worth every minute. More importantly, I wanted to give a shout out to JFH for creating this great thread and updating the FAQ section. I eagerly check the thread multiple times a day; it’s got me even more excited and I’ve learned a ton. Its like pre-game show leading up to my Cactus Canyon arrival.

#559 2 years ago

Got mine a couple days ago. Still sitting in the box in my shop. I’m going to be designing custom side armor for it. If there’s some interest I’ll make a bunch more on the water jet and powder coat them.

#560 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Just paid my invoice from PinballStar. Looks like it shouldn't be long now!

When did you order im hoping my name comes up soon.

#561 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

When did you order im hoping my name comes up soon.

Well, it's a location game, so that's why it's one of the early ones. It'll be available to play 7-days-a-week at The Pinball Room in Bosses Pizza in Sioux Falls.

#562 2 years ago

Brian Allen’s alternate art for Cactus Canyon available now on flylanddesigns.com

#563 2 years ago
Quoted from TonyVrd:

Brian Allen’s alternate art for Cactus Canyon available now on flylanddesigns.com

Direct product links in the FAQ

#564 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Direct product links in the FAQ

Thank you for posting and for the update. I just ordered some side art blades for CCr. I had ordered some side art blades for my Fish Tales a while back and they were some of the best quality art blades that I've ever purchased... you won't be disappointed.

#565 2 years ago

If any is interested in the Limited Edition print, there are only 25 left (out of 100).

#566 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If any is interested in the Limited Edition print, there are only 25 left (out of 100).

Got my Limited Print !! Felt like a steal for $25 plus shipping

I was torn about the Limited Alt Backglass but have mirrored bg

#567 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Make that 24

Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Got my Limited Print !! Felt like a steal for $25 plus shipping
I was torn about the Limited Alt Backglass but have mirrored bg

Or I guess 23??

#568 2 years ago

22 or less now, and you can get 10% off I noticed and took advantage of if you buy it along with the art blades.

#569 2 years ago

21 or less. I Also ordered side art blades.

#570 2 years ago

Hey everyone...I will be at TPF with the new alternate artwork acrylic back glasses from Flyland Designs for Cactus Canyon. We will be offering these at a slight discount since there is no shipping and each one will be packed in a foam padded envelope for protection. I will be staging these at the Back Alley Creations booth like I did the last time we had the festival a few years ago. I have to say... I just got these in from print and it is my favorite one that we have produced thus far. Brian killed it on this one Look forward to seeing everyone!

Aaron

#571 2 years ago
4AAD7B0D-EA52-4E92-A787-20DAA57B0C69 (resized).jpeg4AAD7B0D-EA52-4E92-A787-20DAA57B0C69 (resized).jpeg53AF4DE5-6CD3-4506-932F-8BD85EC2CDDA (resized).jpeg53AF4DE5-6CD3-4506-932F-8BD85EC2CDDA (resized).jpeg
#572 2 years ago

7 LE prints left. If you are thinking about getting one, think quickly.

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Best side blades for ccr so

Quoted from Nazz26:

Me too! Best side blades so far for CC no question!
$71.99 if bought along with the art print or translite, which makes them even more tasty!

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

Me too! Best side blades for CC no question!
$71.99 if bought along with the art print or translite, which makes them even more tasty!
I love the original backglass but Brian's version is just sick! I'm out on the mirrored BG so this is definitely in nice constellation price.

#575 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

this is definitely in nice constellation price.

Or a nice consolation prize.

#576 2 years ago

Brian knocked this one out of the park. In my eyes, the mayor, Bart, and Polly all look close enough to the originals that artistic direction by Yousii that the differences between this backglass and the playfield won't be too jarring.

I think it could even be argued that the original backglass, with its more realistic art style and its heavier shading, gradients and thin permitter lines, might actually look more out of place with the playfield artwork than Brian's. I've attached some screenshots of the mayor as an example. I only mention this as the most common argument I see against Brian's artwork is that it doesn't fit well with the playfield art.

Also, Brian's rendition of Bart looks a lot more like the new CGC Bart toys than the old artwork does (for obvious reasons).

He did an incredible job; this artwork is badass and I will be adding it to my game.

As a side note. I do really love Yousii's artwork also. I'll probably hang his version up on a wall too and I fully expect I'll occasionally switch out the two backglasses.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#577 2 years ago

I think this is his best yet but feel Bart is too over the top and the art heavy on the red. Would have preferred not to have the entire focus on Bart. Not sure if the alternate translite will sit well with Youssi’s art and will have to wait to see a game with an alternate translite to see how well it meshes with the playfield. That said, if I had the game on location I’d go with Brian’s translite.

I bought the print to display but leaning heavily to using the mirrored backglass or my original Youssi signed Cactus Canyon translite in the game.

#578 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks man! I need to start proofreading before I tap that send button. My wife has given up on correcting me now..lol..

Quoted from jfh:

#579 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thanks man! I need to start proofreading before I tap that send button.lol. My wife has given up on correcting me now...haha

#580 2 years ago

I only mention this as the most common argument I see against Brian's artwork is that it doesn't fit well with the playfield art.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Whenever you make changes to anything classic/original, you will take some heat from the purest but that's with anything really.

#581 2 years ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Brian knocked this one out of the park. In my eyes, the mayor, Bart, and Polly all look close enough to the originals that artistic direction by Yousii that the differences between this backglass and the playfield won't be too jarring.
I think it could even be argued that the original backglass, with its more realistic art style and its heavier shading, gradients and thin permitter lines, might actually look more out of place with the playfield artwork than Brian's. I've attached some screenshots of the mayor as an example. I only mention this as the most common argument I see against Brian's artwork is that it doesn't fit well with the playfield art.
Also, Brian's rendition of Bart looks a lot more like the new CGC Bart toys than the old artwork does (for obvious reasons).
He did an incredible job; this artwork is badass and I will be adding it to my game.
As a side note. I do really love Yousii's artwork also. I'll probably hang his version up on a wall too and I fully expect I'll occasionally switch out the two backglasses.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Yet alot of people are buying the (art blades) which is a different style artwork than the playfield also. Shouldn't the main character be overdone?
I think Bart should be a bit overdone as he's the Vilian and all right? To much Red? IMO it's not but the guns being just shades of gold does blend in a little if we are nit picking, and we are.

#582 2 years ago

Just grabbed the last art print and also added side blades.

#583 2 years ago

Me too! Blades and translight ordered.

#584 2 years ago

Just ordered the blades and trans light !

#585 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

7 LE prints left. If you are thinking about getting one, think quickly.

Aaaannnnnd they’re OUT

#586 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just grabbed the last art print and also added side blades.

#587 2 years ago
Quoted from TeamUp:

I think Bart should be a bit overdone as he's the Vilian and all right?

Sure. But the game is called “Cactus Canyon” not “Big Bart”. IMO, he just overwhelms the image and takes focus away from everything else.

I actually think this will work very well on location to draw players in but think it would be to intense for me at home. I tilt more toward the purist side anyway so I’m fine with the original art on the game and displaying the print in another room.

#588 2 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hey everyone...I will be at TPF with the new alternate artwork acrylic back glasses from Flyland Designs for Cactus Canyon. We will be offering these at a slight discount since there is no shipping and each one will be packed in a foam padded envelope for protection. I will be staging these at the Back Alley Creations booth like I did the last time we had the festival a few years ago. I have to say... I just got these in from print and it is my favorite one that we have produced thus far. Brian killed it on this one Look forward to seeing everyone!
Aaron

Glad to hear it. I’ll be picking one up. Will you have the side blades as well?

#589 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Sure. But the game is called “Cactus Canyon” not “Big Bart”. IMO, he just overwhelms the image and takes focus away from everything else.

I think it's pretty common to put the main bad guy front and center of the artwork. I mean look at Medieval Madness, Champion Pub, or Attack From Mars. I even think the original Cactus Canyon backglass does have Bart and his posse being the focal point of the game. Often these games have the player as the protagonist and it's hard to represent them in the artwork.

To each his own though.

#590 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I actually think this will work very well on location to draw players in but think it would be to intense for me at home. I tilt more toward the purist side anyway so I’m fine with the original art on the game and displaying the print in another room.

I bought this new back glass to give myself options between it and the mirrored back glass. The second reason was to support the artist. These guys work hard and have skills I could only dream of having. Lastly ulmpharmd and Back Alley are great guys and do a lot for the community so I like supporting them.

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

I bought this new back glass to give myself options between it and the mirrored back glass. The second reason was to support the artist. These guys work hard and have skills I could only dream of having.

And those reasons are why I’m thinking of buying a translite/acrylic even though I’m not likely to use it in the game. It’s possible I could swap it out occasionally but realistically I’m too lazy to do that.

It’s also entirely possible I will see one of the acrylic backglasses at TPF this weekend and go “Damn! I have to get one of these”.

#592 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And those reasons are why I’m thinking of buying a translite/acrylic even though I’m not likely to use it in the game. It’s possible I could swap it out occasionally but realistically I’m too lazy to do that.
It’s also entirely possible I will see one of the acrylic backglasses at TPF this weekend and go “Damn! I have to get one of these”.

Yeah I will be at TPF as well. Can’t wait to see it in person. I also am likely too lazy to swap it out lol. But it is nice to think I could…

#593 2 years ago

Ordered the acrylic BG and art blades.

#594 2 years ago
Quoted from locustgrovepin:

Ordered the acrylic BG and art blades.

I ordered the art blades this morning. Thanks everyone for posting as I had not seen that they were available.

#595 2 years ago

I’m getting a lot of questions about Brian’s products and other mods.

I only maintain the FAQ. I don’t make/sell any of the mods, know when people back out of limited editions or know what various distributors have or can get. I’m happy to answer as many questions as I can but can’t offer much in response to PMs on those topics.

However if you are planning a mod for the game PM me and can put an entry in the mods section of the FAQ.

#596 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Aaaannnnnd they’re OUT

How are you guys seeing the remaining? it just let me still add it to the cart?

I picked up the Acrylic BG myself.

#597 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

How are you guys seeing the remaining? it just let me still add it to the cart?
I picked up the Acrylic BG myself.

Only the print and the acrylic backglass are limited. The print is sold out.

#598 2 years ago

Brian Allen’s art is always excellent, I’m in on the side blades, maybe trans light. Would like to see what other people come up with as you know if won’t be the only alternate. I would prefer more of a view of all the bad guys you are shooting in the town and you are challenging the “Bart bros” not just Bart so I like seeing the clan you are fighting. Beautiful, regardless.

#599 2 years ago

I love the art! I don't really care for the MM or AFM versions personally but I like the CC one. The FT one also looks awesome if I still had my FT. Picked up the acryllic translite and side art.

#600 2 years ago

I love the art! I don't really care for the MM or AFM versions personally but I like the CC one. The FT one also looks awesome if I still had my FT. Picked up the acryllic translite and side art.

Saw these in person at Pintastic. They really pop when back lit.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
6,800 (Firm)
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,427 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.