(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 309.
#5901 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Your distributor is supposed to handle that.

Not in all instances. I was advised by my distributor to contact Ryan directly, which I did and never received a reply.

#5902 1 year ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

That’s it! Strapping a CCr to the trunk and bootlegging one up to you Richard! You have the patience of a saint and you deserve first dibs!
[quoted image]

Yeah, him and a thousand others irritatingly awaiting their CCr’s.

#5903 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

He ordered it a year ago and still has not received it. It is apparently being held up at the Canadian border since summertime. Canada needs to certify the machine and the new boards I think and put a new electrical sticker on it from what I understand.

He can join the club.

#5904 1 year ago

What time is the seminar to today, waiting for the non updates from expo?

#5905 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

What time is the seminar to today, waiting for the non updates from expo?

CGC has a seminar today?

#5906 1 year ago

In the expo setup pictures from Knapp Arcade, I did notice in this massive lineup of CCr’s, the machine on the end has much darker legs than all of the other machines. No topper though. They have to have at least one new LE to show at Expo I would think…or hope.

4F51CB5D-D2C8-4655-BB83-4F35A6E4EC89 (resized).jpeg4F51CB5D-D2C8-4655-BB83-4F35A6E4EC89 (resized).jpeg
#5907 1 year ago

Heard from Sara of PPS yesterday....they are still waiting to hear from Chicago about shipments of the LEs.... No new info....

#5908 1 year ago

only 10 days to hit a year since order. Chicago should send out some shirts "I waited a year for CCrLE and all I got was this shirt"

#5909 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Your distributor is supposed to handle that.

Quoted from Pinballer73:

Not in all instances. I was advised by my distributor to contact Ryan directly, which I did and never received a reply.

I've sent several emails with no reply...distributors can only communicate what CGC tells them so if they tell them NOTHING than its crickets

#5910 1 year ago

Looks like no seminar ?

Cowards!

#5911 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Heard from Sara of PPS yesterday....they are still waiting to hear from Chicago about shipments of the LEs.... No new info....

Sara and PPS are great...

#5912 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Looks like no seminar ?
Cowards!

zero upside .... I mean what are they gonna say ?

#5913 1 year ago

I’ve hit the part of the curve where the newness has worn off, and I can have an objective opinion of this game. It has more depth than about half the games I own, and I’m really starting to enjoy a casual game once or twice a day, even though I’ve pretty much seen everything. I’m starting to get an appreciation for how much value there is here. The mechs and sculpts are well into Stern Premium territory, but the game is $1700 less and the quality is better. It’s just a beautiful game that makes me happy every time I walk up to it. The speaker lights, the audio, everything is just top notch.

#5914 1 year ago

I'm not sure the audio is top notch, that was the only thing I didn't like on the se we had. Hoping it's better on the le. I have been talking with Dan at pinwoofer about a kit for cgc games, others might want to reach out as well.

#5915 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I'm not sure the audio is top notch, that was the only thing I didn't like on the se we had. Hoping it's better on the le. I have been talking with Dan at pinwoofer about a kit for cgc games, others might want to reach out as well.

It has the same Goldwood speaker that I’ve upgraded most of my Sterns to. I’m getting to an age where half of my hearing range is gone, so I think PinWoofer would be wasted on me. That’s one of the perks of getting old: I don’t need 4k video or super high fidelity audio.

#5916 1 year ago

LEs in the house

FAC93F8C-71BC-410F-AAA0-489A21364D52 (resized).jpegFAC93F8C-71BC-410F-AAA0-489A21364D52 (resized).jpeg
#5917 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

LEs in the house
[quoted image]

Review topper and mini game please

#5918 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

LEs in the house
[quoted image]

Lookin’ good!

Richard

#5919 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

LEs in the house
[quoted image]

Yesssss.

E24586DD-6DA5-4BBF-B572-AD7C9DEC8C3E.gifE24586DD-6DA5-4BBF-B572-AD7C9DEC8C3E.gif
#5920 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

LEs in the house
[quoted image]

So they DO exist!

#5921 1 year ago

Probably the same ones that were at TPF.

#5922 1 year ago

Almost that time of year. “He does exist!”

D6F7D615-34BB-422B-9A36-A880DC445DF7.jpegD6F7D615-34BB-422B-9A36-A880DC445DF7.jpeg
#5923 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:I'm not sure the audio is top notch, that was the only thing I didn't like on the se we had. Hoping it's better on the le. I have been talking with Dan at pinwoofer about a kit for cgc games, others might want to reach out as well.

I think the varied game to game, I have one that sounds great, yet another I played sounds way off compared to mine.

#5924 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It has the same Goldwood speaker that I’ve upgraded most of my Sterns to. I’m getting to an age where half of my hearing range is gone, so I think PinWoofer would be wasted on me. That’s one of the perks of getting old: I don’t need 4k video or super high fidelity audio.

I've run farm equipment for 40+ years, my hearing is shot. But the pwoofer is just so clean sounding, I'm hoping Dan can make it work

#5925 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Quoted from swampfire:

I’m getting to an age where half of my hearing range is gone, so I think PinWoofer would be wasted on me. That’s one of the perks of getting old: I don’t need 4k video or super high fidelity audio.

Quoted from polishedball:

I think the varied game to game, I have one that sounds great, yet another I played sounds way off compared to mine.

WPC95 (CGC) have a superior factory source track compared to earlier BW offerings (perhaps comparable to Stern Whitestar and S.A.M.). Also considering more in the field today it seems worthwhile to revisit CGC.

Once CCr's become more common in the wild we'll again consider adding the platform since there seems to be some interest out there, but it may be mixed too. (Please PM me if you are potentially interested in a PinWoofer offering for CGC, no commitment implied, just to gauge interest.)

The electronics are straightforward but there are some known speaker fit variances due to the color DMD option, under playfield obstructions (MMr), etc. Most of this can be overcome, however.

OK, nice to hear from you guys and have a great day!

Thanks,

Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

#5926 1 year ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

WPC95 (CGC) have a superior factory source track compared to earlier BW offerings (perhaps comparable to Stern Whitestar and S.A.M.). Also considering more in the field today it seems worthwhile to revisit CGC.
Once CCr's become more common in the wild we'll again consider adding the platform since there seems to be some interest out there, but it may be mixed too. (Please PM me if you are potentially interested in a PinWoofer offering for CGC, no commitment implied, just to gauge interest.)
The electronics are straightforward but there are some known speaker fit variances due to the color DMD option, under playfield obstructions (MMr), etc. Most of this can be overcome, however.
OK, nice to hear from you guys and have a great day!
Thanks,
Dan
https://PinWoofer.com
[email protected]
+1 208-855-0346, 9am - 5pm MST, Mon - Fri

Since we’re talking about audio, I have a question:

Do CGC games, and specifically CCr, have upgraded audio fidelity as compared to their WPC counterparts?

I seem to recall one of the early marketing bullet points being that CGC had access to original audio sources (possibly even stereo?) that they could incorporate that would be considerably better than the compressed WPC DCS audio.

#5927 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

LEs in the house
[quoted image]

those don't look like LE's..they look like SE+'s to me..I played an LE in June, and the powdercoat, apron, etc really set them apart from the standard chrome. plus no train tracks or Ore Cart..definitely SE+'s

#5928 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Since we’re talking about audio, I have a question:
Do CGC games, and specifically CCr, have upgraded audio fidelity as compared to their WPC counterparts?
I seem to recall one of the early marketing bullet points being that CGC had access to original audio sources (possibly even stereo?) that they could incorporate that would be considerably better than the compressed WPC DCS audio.

I honestly don't know. So...I reached out to a local PinSider buddy and he's game to try it out on his MBr. (I had the original MB and it sounded pretty good with our GT setup.) Can't promise when I'll get to it but it's starting to sound like a fun field trip.

#5929 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

those don't look like LE's..they look like SE+'s to me..I played an LE in June, and the powdercoat, apron, etc really set them apart from the standard chrome. plus no train tracks or Ore Cart..definitely SE+'s

I played the one on the far left. It said LE on playfield. Not positive on the other ones

#5930 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Unlike past remakes number matched games for CCr aren’t produced first

I didn’t say I was getting mine first, I was just commenting, like everyone else, that I haven’t received a final invoice yet, but thanks for your two cents

#5931 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

I played the one on the far left. It said LE on playfield. Not positive on the other ones

yeah that one on the left is definitely an LE..probably the same one I played, here in Tacoma. the others are not LE's though. How did you like it? Did you get to play the topper?

#5932 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

yeah that one on the left is definitely an LE..probably the same one I played, here in Tacoma. the others are not LE's though. How did you like it? Did you get to play the topper?

I didn’t get a chance to interact with it this time. I did last years expo. I like to experience it in home environment so didn’t want to spoil it too much. Can’t wait to get mine whenever that might be.

#5933 1 year ago

Might buy a special - so tired of the LE waiting
Just so stupid

#5934 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I’ve hit the part of the curve where the newness has worn off, and I can have an objective opinion of this game. It has more depth than about half the games I own, and I’m really starting to enjoy a casual game once or twice a day, even though I’ve pretty much seen everything. I’m starting to get an appreciation for how much value there is here. The mechs and sculpts are well into Stern Premium territory, but the game is $1700 less and the quality is better. It’s just a beautiful game that makes me happy every time I walk up to it. The speaker lights, the audio, everything is just top notch.

Some days I just go for combos, the game is set up for some amazing combos and it rewards you for them, that alone keeps me coming back every time. For me personally , I approach every game with trying to find the best flows and combos and this game feels fantastic with plenty to hit. Somehow I pulled a double orbit shot into two successive left and center ramps and it was like …. Damn that just happened?!?

#5935 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

Might buy a special - so tired of the LE waiting
Just so stupid

I don’t regret changing my order from SE+ to SE at all. But if I had an LE queued up I’d probably wait.

#5936 1 year ago

2 years from now, when we finally get our LEs, we'll all say, "damn I'm glad I waited"

#5937 1 year ago

Can someone let me know where to buy the saloon doors mod? Thank you! Just stacking up mods while I wait for the LE.

#5938 1 year ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Can someone let me know where to buy the saloon doors mod? Thank you! Just stacking up mods while I wait for the LE.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bubba-like-shiny-sliver-ball-cactus-canyon-club/page/3#post-6610485

#5939 1 year ago

Any good pics or videos of the ‘LE’s’ on the floor at the expo? Would like to know if they are the ones that have been at shows over the last year, or if they’re fresh off the production line that’s supposedly going. Thanks to anyone who can confirm!

#5940 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I was there (Chicago Expo) yesterday and put about 20 games on several of those CC. The one on the far left (standing alone) is a LE. The row of all of them together is a mix of LEs and SEs (example: The first one on the left in the row of them together is a LE). If you look closely at the picture, you can see the slightly darker gun metal lockdown bar.

I played both models because I wanted to make absolutely sure there was no difference in gameplay, even though the features matrix indicates this. I have a SE+ on order.

And yes, I can confirm no difference....I stunk equally on each model.

Edit: added "lockdown"

#5941 1 year ago
Quoted from Greaseman:

And yes, I can confirm no difference....I stunk equally on each model.

The topper technically has a mini game associated with it. If you hit the beer mug enough times, you'll qualify it.

The game is played on the topper. It's essentially a glorified video mode.

So technically, there is a difference. If all you care about is the pinball piece of the game, there is no difference.

#5942 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

The topper technically has a mini game associated with it. If you hit the beer mug enough times, you'll qualify it.
The game is played on the topper. It's essentially a glorified video mode.
So technically, there is a difference. If all you care about is the pinball piece of the game, there is no difference.

Yep, thx - I ordered the SE+ so I will have the topper so was looking for main playfield differences. Unfortunately, I wasn't fully aware how to activate the topper so I never did during the games I played (on ones with the topper). In hindsight I should have focused on activating it because I'd like to actually "play it".

Hard to stay focused at the Expo....running around playing everything I could. ha.

#5943 1 year ago

Sooo

Did the million dollar question get an answer

When do the LEs ship ?

#5944 1 year ago

Indeed, someone corral Ryan or some CGC rep and shake them down for info!

#5945 1 year ago

I was told next week.

#5946 1 year ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

I was told next week.

F1EC0172-753D-439E-B5AD-D1BAF09DE99C (resized).jpegF1EC0172-753D-439E-B5AD-D1BAF09DE99C (resized).jpeg
#5947 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

#5948 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I can already tell you what he'll say......"soon"

#5949 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

2 Weeks!

#5950 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I can already tell you what he'll say......"soon"

Pinball is hard lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/119?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.