(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,402 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by rockrand
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 309.
#5551 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

You assumed I didn't already create a ticket on this I guess.

Did you miss the “not directed at you” part?

#5552 1 year ago

I have the audio issue as well and my ticket was closed. I have yet to hear anything about it and was told it was send to engineering. They could at least try to offer a replacement board/s to see if swapping them helps. I’m willing to be the test machine, send me parts and I’ll send the originals back.

#5553 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

They could at least try to offer a replacement board/s to see if swapping them helps. I’m willing to be the test machine, send me parts and I’ll send the originals back.

What was the response when you asked them to do that?

#5554 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did you miss the “not directed at you” part?

no I didn't miss that..I'm just trying to keep my reputation squeeky-clean, lol.

#5555 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I have the audio issue as well and my ticket was closed. I have yet to hear anything about it and was told it was send to engineering. They could at least try to offer a replacement board/s to see if swapping them helps. I’m willing to be the test machine, send me parts and I’ll send the originals back.

I am surprised they have not offered that as a option where you at least send your board to them and they would test it out on their machine.

#5556 1 year ago

If there’s time to stream there’s time to come clean.

#5557 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

what's your serial number? mine definitely has the issue, and mine is #1802 or 1804..somewhere in there. We should start compiling serial numbers in conjunction with auio issues/non-issues, and see if there was a particular point in production where this happened..and honestly, this isn't work that 'we' shouldn't have to do..it's really silly CGC doesn't hear the voice of its' people. It's frustrating b/c it's such a great product...so close..but no cuban cigar.

Mine is #1950. No issues except the over-crimped legs, which I was prepared for.

#5558 1 year ago

My game is CC-2031 with a build date of Jul-18-22. My game volume is set at 20 while I play.

#5559 1 year ago

I was recently entertaining pre-ordering a James Bond 007 Premium, but feared that it's arrival may be too close to the release of the CCr LE and, necessarily, draw funds away from my LE savings and wasn't sure if I should risk placing the order, or not.

I called Automated, who I placed my CCr LE order through, and they are telling me that CGC reports 3 - 4 weeks (from today) to start shipping the LE's.

Whether or not this proves to be accurate (we have all been waiting a long time and have heard similar things in the past), I just wanted to put this out there, as it is coming from the distributor.

Perhaps others have heard something similar from their distributor and can confirm the current 3 - 4 week time frame for release of the LE. I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up too much again (so as not to be too disappointed if this time line proves overly optimistic).

#5560 1 year ago
Quoted from Master_of_Trolls:

I called Automated, who I placed my CCr LE order through, and they are telling me that CGC reports 3 - 4 weeks (from today) to start shipping the LE's.
Whether or not this proves to be accurate (we have all been waiting a long time and have heard similar things in the past), I just wanted to put this out there, as it is coming from the distributor.
Perhaps others have heard something similar from their distributor and can confirm the current 3 - 4 week time frame for release of the LE. I'm trying hard not to get my hopes up too much again (so as not to be too disappointed if this time line proves overly optimistic).

The key wil be when distributors start getting batch ship dates (two weeks out?) and those with orders start getting requests for final invoice payments.

“3-4 weeks” may be true but sounds like a typical response when no one really knows.

That said, it more or less lines up with what Ryan said a few weeks ago, give or take.

As for Bond - wait until you see more on the Premium or are convinced you want to give up your CCrLE. Bond software is VERY early and we really haven’t seen much yet.

#5561 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

As for Bond - wait until you see more on the Premium or are convinced you want to give up your CCrLE. Bond software is VERY early and we really haven’t seen much yet.

No chance of me giving up my CCr LE. Was kind of hoping that I could swing both machines, but with Bond purportedly shipping in 6 - 8 weeks, I'll have to wait on Bond anyway.

I'm so eager to get my hands on my CCr though, that my fingers are twitching in anticipation.

#5562 1 year ago

Just finished a fun game on CC….

9F5B2881-001F-426B-AE7A-F2F2768F1E8E.jpeg9F5B2881-001F-426B-AE7A-F2F2768F1E8E.jpegBF6CD9F0-0511-410F-A23E-046337FE9D3A.jpegBF6CD9F0-0511-410F-A23E-046337FE9D3A.jpeg
#5563 1 year ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just finished a fun game on CC….
[quoted image][quoted image]

That’s some good shootin’ partner

#5564 1 year ago

No chance of me giving up my CCr LE. Was kind of hoping that I could swing both machines, but with Bond purportedly shipping in 6 - 8 weeks, I'll have to wait on Bond anyway.
I'm so eager to get my hands on my CCr though, that my fingers are twitching in anticipation.

I thought Stern said that they were only going to make a few machines for the location spots first then start making the LE Bonds. The rest of the models were not going to be made until next year.

#5565 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I thought Stern said that they were only going to make a few machines for the location spots first then start making the LE Bonds. The rest of the models were not going to be made until next year.

If that is correct then after I get my CCr LE, I may still have sufficient time to raise funds to pre-order a Bond, before they are all sold out. While I may not be thrilled about another long wait, I am happy to hear that I may still have a chance to pre-order Bond.

#5566 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Apparently George Gomez debunked the “not made until next year” part the other day. But obviously Pros and Premiums will be made throughout 2023.

I may still have sufficient time to raise funds to pre-order a Bond, before they are all sold out. While I may not be thrilled about another long wait, I am happy to hear that I may still have a chance to pre-order Bond.

Unless you are looking for an LE you’ll have plenty of time. And even if you want LE a Goldfinger model seems to be a good possibility.

#5567 1 year ago

#5568 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Does anyone have a link to the flyer? I like to print them to hang up. Thx,,,

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=4445&picno=4154

#5569 1 year ago

Thx, I found the bally version, but now see that there are no new ones from cgc. Appreciate the tip

#5570 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I need good audio please CGC
Im 1/2 deaf and suffer tinnitus.
I notice a number of people have complained about the low audio with a number of machines.
Can you resolve please CGC

41506FE1-7D7F-4D94-836B-DD7F648F5F7E.gif41506FE1-7D7F-4D94-836B-DD7F648F5F7E.gif
#5571 1 year ago
#5572 1 year ago

For those wondering about flipper rubber color, here are pics of my light blue Titans (low bounce).

PXL_20220930_013803237 (resized).jpgPXL_20220930_013803237 (resized).jpgPXL_20220930_013810258 (resized).jpgPXL_20220930_013810258 (resized).jpgPXL_20220930_013905056 (resized).jpgPXL_20220930_013905056 (resized).jpg
#5573 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

For those wondering about flipper rubber color, here are pics of my light blue Titans (low bounce).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Even cowboys get the blues.

#5574 1 year ago

Man tinnitus sucks ! I tell ya.
Without wanting to derail the thread again. My Tinnitus occurred 3 days after my first pfizer vaccination for covid on the 2/8/21
Still with me today

Quality audio in pinball is very important to appreciate the game to the max.

JJP audio is rubbish, Stern has figured it out, the EQ while basic, is sufficient.

I am hoping CGC will understand the importance of great audio being integral to the true experience of CCr.

#5575 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Man tinnitus sucks ! I tell ya.
Without wanting to derail the thread again. My Tinnitus occurred 3 days after my first pfizer vaccination for covid on the 2/8/21
Still with me today
Quality audio in pinball is very important to appreciate the game to the max.
JJP audio is rubbish, Stern has figured it out, the EQ while basic, is sufficient.
I am hoping CGC will understand the importance of great audio being integral to the true experience of CCr.

My Hobbit sounds pretty awesome from factory, my GnR le sounds pretty good with a external sub. Not all JJP games can be classified as rubbish.

#5576 1 year ago

I had a GnR CE and the only thing that saved it was a sub.
Apparently there is a equaliser in the works, that may help ?
Poor design and implementation by jjp

#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

but now see that there are no new ones from cgc.

I’m kinda bummed that there aren’t any official CGC flyers for Cactus Canyon. It will be my only game I don’t have a flyer for.

#5578 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Thx, close enuf
[quoted image]

Cool, my effort is over 10 years old now, CC was going to happen, I knew that the real thing would come one day

I am now motivated to fix the frame for CC

So grateful for CGC doing this title.

20220930_163533 (resized).jpg20220930_163533 (resized).jpg
#5579 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m kinda bummed that there aren’t any official CGC flyers for Cactus Canyon. It will be my only game I don’t have a flyer for.

I have a spare original somewhere, can send to you if I can locate it.

#5580 1 year ago

Sound quality is pretty important to me too. Rich bass and clean highs. When I think about what we pay for new pins, I think a good, powerful amplifier (similar to a Pinsound board) and efficient, balanced speakers should be built-in.

#5583 1 year ago

To be clear about the audio. I normally keep my games at 8 or 9. 21 on CCr sounds the same to me as 8 or 9 on my other 2 remakes. I just can’t go much higher, and when I do the sound quality degrades. If I put the other remakes at 12 it drowns out CCr. So there isn’t much volume control beyond that. I will get some db numbers this weekend. That way it’s not just up to my ears to judge. One other user on here has said 8 on CCr is the same as 8 on his other remakes. Ryan from CGC has said to me that they redid the audio for CCr and what I have is normal.

#5584 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

To be clear about the audio. I normally keep my games at 8 or 9. 21 on CCr sounds the same to me as 8 or 9 on my other 2 remakes. I just can’t go much higher, and when I do the sound quality degrades. If I put the other remakes at 12 it drowns out CCr. So there isn’t much volume control beyond that. I will get some db numbers this weekend. That way it’s not just up to my ears to judge. One other user on here has said 8 on CCr is the same as 8 on his other remakes. Ryan from CGC has said to me that they redid the audio for CCr and what I have is normal.

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. My CCr at 8 is about the same as my wpc games on 8. If anything, the CCr might be a little louder. The sound quality is definitely better than the wpc games. I haven't gone into the menu & checked audio settings, but I might do that today. Knowing what my audio settings are at might help others to compare. I really hope your game & others with low volume is just a setting or an adjustable pot on the board. Regardless, I'm not sure I buy the answer that Ryan gave.

#5585 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thanks. I have all the flyers and promo pics for the Bally original; was just hoping for CGC specific material. Alas they appear to be another victim of Covid.

#5586 1 year ago

Just got the email on my LE! 1-2 weeks and she'll be ready.

#5587 1 year ago

Wow! Who's your distributor?

Quoted from insight75:

Just got the email on my LE! 1-2 weeks and she'll be ready.

#5588 1 year ago

Planetary.

#5589 1 year ago

Oh snap! Me too, will be refreshing my e-mail on a regular

#5590 1 year ago
7ae0584cbe4752056beb16574bd22e6c_w200.gif7ae0584cbe4752056beb16574bd22e6c_w200.gif
#5591 1 year ago

Hopefully others will confirm.

I want to believe!

#5592 1 year ago

CCR LE Update:

Great news, your game is going to be ready in about 1-2 weeks. WE NEED your mobile phone number to complete your paperwork.

We will be sending your invoice by this Tuesday (AFTER you reply back with your cell number and we finish shipping quotes).

Please note:

your final balance with shipping, can only be paid via check, wire transfer or direct deposit and that will be explained in the email, when we send your invoice on Tuesday.

So exciting! Thank you for waiting all this time,

Sara

#5593 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Hopefully others will confirm.
I want to believe!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#5594 1 year ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

CCR LE Update:
Great news, your game is going to be ready in about 1-2 weeks. WE NEED your mobile phone number to complete your paperwork.
We will be sending your invoice by this Tuesday (AFTER you reply back with your cell number and we finish shipping quotes).
Please note:
your final balance with shipping, can only be paid via check, wire transfer or direct deposit and that will be explained in the email, when we send your invoice on Tuesday.
So exciting! Thank you for waiting all this time,
Sara

Awesome!

#5595 1 year ago

Anyone know if there will be free shipping from planetary or if local pickup from CGC will be available to avoid shipping fees?

#5596 1 year ago

Not free shipping based on email. Not sure about pickup.

#5597 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Pm sent

#5598 1 year ago

CCR LE Update:
Please note:
your final balance with shipping, can only be paid via check, wire transfer or direct deposit and that will be explained in the email, when we send your invoice

#5599 1 year ago

I just rolled my new CCSE into the basement, but I can’t play it because the legs aren’t anywhere near 90 degrees. How are you guys bending these? Mine won’t budge.

#5600 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just rolled my new CCSE into the basement, but I can’t play it because the legs aren’t anywhere near 90 degrees. How are you guys bending these? Mine won’t budge.

On se we had, I removed the countersunk bolts holding the protectors on and replaced with a machine head screw and a washer. It bossed it out enuf so it didn't hit the body

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rocky River, OH
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,402 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/112?hl=bigsilverpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.