(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,420 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by ottodawg
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 309.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude really? I was setting up pins not reading today’s posts

Wish I had that problem.. Totes jelly.

What else did you set up other than CCr?

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You have to turn it on in the settings. In the manual page 1-32 item G 22
LTG : )

But don’t do it. You will be disappointed since you can fire but not really aim. Think of it as a “Shootout while blindfolded” mode.

#455 2 years ago

Dude ... where is my pin?

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

But don’t do it. You will be disappointed since you can fire but not really aim. Think of it as a “Shootout while blindfolded” mode.

The customers get a kick out of. Turn it back off ? I don't think so.

#457 2 years ago

I’m in the club. I had the itch for a new machine. Halloween CE #926 is to long of a wait. So I Purchased a CCse with Mike from Pinballs.com. My 4th nib purchase from him. Great guy to deal with. Now the wait begins. He said possibly a 4 week wait until delivery. Thanks again Mike.

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

I’m in the club. I had the itch for a new machine. Halloween CE #926 is to long of a wait. So I Purchased a CCse with Mike from Pinballs.com. My 4th nib purchase from him. Great guy to deal with. Now the wait begins. He said possibly a 4 week wait until delivery. Thanks again Mike.

I had good luck with Mike as well buying 2 NIB CGC remakes from him.
He is a busy man!

Richard

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

The customers get a kick out of. Turn it back off ? I don't think so.

If it brings in the gold it’s good, right?

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

When did you order?

#461 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Wish I had that problem.. Totes jelly.
What else did you set up other than CCr?

Women's tournament this weekend, so games need to be in good shape so all were getting TLC. This week saw Rush Premium and CCR go in, room re-arranged so the lewd mouth'd Big Lewbowski wasn't right next to the kid-friendly Super Mario Bros and CCR can get some line-of-sight... so that was moving 4 games and re-leveling those.. then Rush Pro and AC/DC prem out and getting those ready for sale.

It takes a reasonable amount of time to swap games when you go through all your location steps rather than just putting it up on legs and going like we do at home Never mind trying to avoid all the lookie-lous who want to talk to you constantly while you try to work

The guns in the apron are going to be a real liability with the playfield in the up position. Someone needs to come up with a bumper attachment to the head that will allow the center of the apron to contact the head of the game BEFORE the guns make contact.

Oh, and don't grab that chrome bar in front of the apron... it'll bend in a heart beat.

One kudos to CGC... the tilt bob was centered perfectly right out of the box. No reworking the hoop like you gotta do with every new Stern.

Only generic inserts in the coin reject buttons though :/

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

I had good luck with Mike as well buying 2 NIB CGC remakes from him.
He is a busy man!
Richard

My SE is sitting in the warehouse right now. Was going to pick it up tomorrow but the only bad weather day for the week is tomorrow. Have to wait another week. I’ve worked with Kayla both times. Also very good.

#463 2 years ago

The guns in the apron are going to be a real liability with the playfield in the up position. Someone needs to come up with a bumper attachment to the head that will allow the center of the apron to contact the head of the game BEFORE the guns make contact.

I always take a folded up towel and drape it over the front of the backbox before propping up the playfield.

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

My SE is sitting in the warehouse right now. Was going to pick it up tomorrow but the only bad weather day for the week is tomorrow. Have to wait another week. I’ve worked with Kayla both times. Also very good.

Yes I dealt with Kayla and Becky as well all great people. Never had a problem. Very pleasant and courteous. Mike is probably the largest Distributor on the east coast. I think Todd from TNT also deals with Mike. I’m sure he gets a larger allotment of games then most distributors.

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Or just put a black foam strip along the top front of the backbox.

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Quoted from indypinhead:

I always take a folded up towel and drape it over the front of the backbox before propping up the playfield.

Simple and great ideas!
That’s what I will do as well.

Richard

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

When did you order?

Today.

#468 2 years ago

I use a piece foam pipe installation, they are split so it fits right over the edge of the back box.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-in-x-6-ft-Foam-Pipe-Insulation-ORP11812/204760805

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

I use a piece foam pipe installation, they are split so it fits right over the edge of the back box.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-in-x-6-ft-Foam-Pipe-Insulation-ORP11812/204760805

Doesn’t that look out of place? Or do you just put it on before opening up the game?

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Doesn’t that look out of place? Or do you just put it on before opening up the game?

Put mine on when in service, only time it needs to be there.

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Terrific idea! Now in the FAQ. I always use a bath towel, but like this better.

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Or pool noodle? Always a pool noodle..lol..

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from chillme:

Or pool noodle? Always a pool noodle..lol.

#474 2 years ago

I'd be shocked if you get a game in 4 weeks. Most folks here ordered in late October to Early November. Still waiting. I'm not saying you won't, but i think it's highly unlikely. Unless Mike just gets that many machines and has no one else waiting.

#475 2 years ago

I’m still waiting for Mike to reply to me about the CCRLE I asked him to put me on a list for in August. A few emails into November and then ghosted. I had bought 2 games from him. Couldn’t take a minute to respond to one of my many follow up requests to say if I did or didn’t make his allocation. Because he ghosted me I missed out and everyone was sold out.

So I Ordered an SE+ from PPS when they were announced. And now that has been upgraded to an LE. So Mike and Automated have lost a customer and PPS and Sara have gained one. Customer service and courtesy count a lot to me. Cue Levi... “where do you think you are?”

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Put mine on when in service, only time it needs to be there.

Same here, no need to be in place all the time.

#477 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That will stop marring but I don’t think thry should take the weight at all. Nice simple mitigation tho… something i can do easily onsite

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The point is to avoid the contact all together- not just cushion it. Today the guns are the only point of contact and take the weight and contact basically on the corner of the head.

You’d have to put something that covers the corner or protrudes a good bit

#479 2 years ago

I think the foam insulation cut so it fits at the center of the apron is worth trying. Unfortunately that is a tough spot to reach to put up there everytime you gotta lift the playfield. A more perm solution is desirable that won’t fall off and fades away.

#480 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

I think the foam insulation cut so it fits at the center of the apron is worth trying. Unfortunately that is a tough spot to reach to put up there everytime you gotta lift the playfield. A more perm solution is desirable that won’t fall off and fades away.

How about a piece of foam glued to a rubber magnet to apply on the apron before raising the playfield?

I have a roll of rubber magnetic strip, I also have blocks of foam packing material.

#481 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I'd be shocked if you get a game in 4 weeks. Most folks here ordered in late October to Early November. Still waiting. I'm not saying you won't, but i think it's highly unlikely. Unless Mike just gets that many machines and has no one else waiting.

Agreed. I ordered my SE in early November and I'm still waiting like many here... so I agree it's highly unlikely to get delivery in 4 weeks if you just placed an order. Then again, depending on machine allocation and where you are on the distributor's list you may get lucky Here's to hoping...

#482 2 years ago

A few more thoughts after playing a couple more games. Extra balls get handed out like candy. Settings will help here. I beat High Noon again today after not playing yesterday. It is a cool mode, but honestly it's pretty easy as is. It's 20 bad guy hits to win and you can hit jackpot shots to increase score. I am thinking more kills for sure via settings. Might be good to have another requirement in there somewhere to compete it. Even require some jackpot hits on addition to the drop target kills would be something.

Bionic Bart is really fun. It also lets you keep going against him after a drain which is cool. Good callouts with the terminator style voice and lines too.

#483 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Agreed. I ordered my SE in early November and I'm still waiting like many here... so I agree it's highly unlikely to get delivery in 4 weeks if you just placed an order. Then again, depending on machine allocation and where you are on the distributor's list you may get lucky Here's to hoping...

My understanding is about 100 SEs have been produced with a possible production hang-up currently due to supply chain issues. There are a handful of smaller distributors and retailers claiming their SE allotments will be available imminently; but also a lot of people (myself included) with Oct/Nov orders still waiting for their distributors to have machines available from CGC.

#484 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

My understanding is about 100 SEs have been produced with a possible production hang-up currently due to supply chain issues. There are a handful of smaller distributors and retailers claiming their SE allotments will be available imminently; but also a lot of people (myself included) with Oct/Nov orders still waiting for their distributors to have machines available from CGC.

Same here

#485 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

A few more thoughts after playing a couple more games. Extra balls get handed out like candy. Settings will help here. I beat High Noon again today after not playing yesterday. It is a cool mode, but honestly it's pretty easy as is. It's 20 bad guy hits to win and you can hit jackpot shots to increase score. I am thinking more kills for sure via settings. Might be good to have another requirement in there somewhere to compete it. Even require some jackpot hits on addition to the drop target kills would be something.
Bionic Bart is really fun. It also lets you keep going against him after a drain which is cool. Good callouts with the terminator style voice and lines too.

yeah lots of EBs. I normally set a max of 3… but right away i was reconsidering the settings on this one.

I also am reconsidering my slope. I swt it up right at 6.5/6.4… but feels like it could be faster. But shots to the center ramp are the concern… even at 6.5 lots of half ramps were seen.

#486 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

yeah lots of EBs. I normally set a max of 3… but right away i was reconsidering the settings on this one.
I also am reconsidering my slope. I swt it up right at 6.5/6.4… but feels like it could be faster. But shots to the center ramp are the concern… even at 6.5 lots of half ramps were seen.

Interesting findings on the slope. I haven't measured mine yet, but am on the second line with the built in level. Center ramps have rarely rejected for me. Even slow shots seem to just make it around when I would have for sure thought it was a failed shot. I will have to put my digital level on it and see what I am at.

#487 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Interesting findings on the slope. I haven't measured mine yet, but am on the second line with the built in level. Center ramps have rarely rejected for me. Even slow shots seem to just make it around when I would have for sure thought it was a failed shot. I will have to put my digital level on it and see what I am at.

Do the digital levellers work better than the phone apps? Can you recommend a specific one/brand?
Thanks!

Richard

#488 2 years ago

Do the digital levellers work better than the phone apps? Can you recommend a specific one/brand?
Thanks!
Richard

Phone app is good as long as the calibration is recent. Simple torpedo levels and inclinometer is good. Digital levels are not any more accurate- they are kinda overkill for pins. Keep a simple 8” torpedo level as confidence and use pinguy for most stuff.

Even the more pricey digital levels are still only 0.1 +\- which is as close you normally dial a game for anyway.

#489 2 years ago
Quoted from oPinsesame:

I’m still waiting for Mike to reply to me about the CCRLE I asked him to put me on a list for in August. A few emails into November and then ghosted. I had bought 2 games from him. Couldn’t take a minute to respond to one of my many follow up requests to say if I did or didn’t make his allocation. Because he ghosted me I missed out and everyone was sold out.
So I Ordered an SE+ from PPS when they were announced. And now that has been upgraded to an LE. So Mike and Automated have lost a customer and PPS and Sara have gained one. Customer service and courtesy count a lot to me. Cue Levi... “where do you think you are?”

I ordered a SE+ through Pinballstar, but Joe doesn’t seem to be upgrading people.

#490 2 years ago

Thanks!
Richard

This is the one I got. Its about $40 and I like the way it works. Could not get the phone apps to work right. I've used this level on my games and am happy with it. I did put a piece of mylar on bottom just in case but not sure necessary.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#491 2 years ago
Quoted from Nazz26:

He was a total pain to deal with for me. He doesn’t return emails or communicate well. After going back and forth for a week I got pissed and said never mind I’m calling another distributor. Then and only then did he make an effort to communicate back. He then sent me an invoice anyway like I was gonna spend money with him after he pissed me off. Nope. Went with game exchange. They answer emails and 20 mins later the deal was made and paid for and the machine came in 3 days. It was cheaper too

#492 2 years ago
Quoted from MooButt:

I ordered a SE+ through Pinballstar, but Joe doesn’t seem to be upgrading people.

I think this was a special thing PPS did for SE+ announcement. They said at the time you could get upgraded to an LE. Was a long shot I thought but it worked for me. Maybe people will drop out of LEs as they play more SEs on location and you will get to swap. Good luck!

#493 2 years ago

This maxhine is tempting me. But I am more interested in the extra code than how it actually stand as now.
Is there an idea when the new code is going to be released?

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

But I am more interested in the extra code than how it actually stand as now.

Do you mean the extended code ? If so it's in there now. In adjustments chose original or extended.

If you mean the update Lyman was working on, no date set yet. Other than Josh said it will come.

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from rue_:

He was a total pain to deal with for me. He doesn’t return emails or communicate well. After going back and forth for a week I got pissed and said never mind I’m calling another distributor. Then and only then did he make an effort to communicate back. He then sent me an invoice anyway like I was gonna spend money with him after he pissed me off. Nope. Went with game exchange. They answer emails and 20 mins later the deal was made and paid for and the machine came in 3 days. It was cheaper too

Totally agree, I reserved the next CGC LE from them in June and was even sent a generic invoice stating as much. When CCR was announced I contacted them and was told they can not promise anyone a game but I was high on the list. They would not answer my emails after that.This was after I had purchased four NIB games from them in the last couple years but no more. They were always a chore to deal with, like you were bothering them try to give them money. I reserved an LE from PPS and was treated like a real customer should be, they will have my business going forward.

#496 2 years ago

In a thread eight years ago, Pinsiders were speculating what CGC game #2 might be and PPS posted this…

Quoted from PPS:

do I hear a poll coming ???

…and my response was this…

Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

The new and improved Cactus Canyon. No brainer. No poll needed

Heh heh. That was eight years ago. I’m delighted to be in the queue for an LE!!!

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from Tradesman:

Totally agree, I reserved the next CGC LE from them in June and was even sent a generic invoice stating as much. When CCR was announced I contacted them and was told they can not promise anyone a game but I was high on the list. They would not answer my emails after that.This was after I had purchased four NIB games from them in the last couple years but no more. They were always a chore to deal with, like you were bothering them try to give them money. I reserved an LE from PPS and was treated like a real customer should be, they will have my business going forward.

This will be my 3rd CGC game. Purchased all of them through PPS. Top notch service.

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

This will be my 3rd CGC game. Purchased all of them through PPS. Top notch service.

Agree....Sara is great at PPS

#499 2 years ago

Made ourselves some 3D printed railroad tracks for our CCr Special Edition today. I think it’s the one thing that we were truly missing from the LE model so had to add ‘em.

113B50FD-84F7-4104-8416-4F89D32EEB70 (resized).jpeg113B50FD-84F7-4104-8416-4F89D32EEB70 (resized).jpeg60570238-FF30-410E-AEDF-C47C9403553D (resized).jpeg60570238-FF30-410E-AEDF-C47C9403553D (resized).jpegA3CBE3DB-A67D-4523-9C49-B62C98C2B2C1 (resized).jpegA3CBE3DB-A67D-4523-9C49-B62C98C2B2C1 (resized).jpeg
#500 2 years ago
Quoted from ULEKstore:

Made ourselves some 3D printed railroad tracks for our CCr Special Edition today. I think it’s the one thing that we were truly missing from the LE model so had to add ‘em.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice. Do the tracks detract from gameplay at all? Did you design yourself? Sharing or selling the .stl file?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Trade
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,420 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/10?hl=nazz26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.