(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 309.
#5401 1 year ago

I’m so curious about what CGC has been doing in their factory during the parts problem. Seems like enough inventory of SE’s at distributors. Has the line been put on hold or are they creating machines up to the point they can build them and then warehousing them?

#5402 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

So 2 weeks (or so) for Production to start

If games are shipping in two weeks, production is already underway. They’re going to ship to distributors in batches, not onesie-twosies.

#5403 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’m so curious about what CGC has been doing in their factory during the parts problem. Seems like enough inventory of SE’s at distributors. Has the line been put on hold or are they creating machines up to the point they can build them and then warehousing them?

Hopefully they've been assembling LEs without the toppers. In the past, the toppers come in a different box anyway. Crossing my fingers that the factory is full of boxed LEs just waiting on toppers!

indy1 (resized).jpgindy1 (resized).jpg

#5404 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Churchill is a large space - they could probably store them all, boxed up, ready to attach the separate boxed toppers for shipping. I think it is a possibility that they all ship a significant chunk of LEs all at once.

I can't imagine they'd appreciate the downtime for the line (especially since paying full in advance is the exception not the rule).

#5405 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Churchill is a large space - they could probably store them all, boxed up, ready to attach the separate boxed toppers for shipping. I think it is a possibility that they all ship a significant chunk of LEs all at once.
I can't imagine they'd appreciate the downtime for the line (especially since paying full in advance is the exception not the rule).

If that is the case...I wonder how many people will be receiving new machines with rusted hardware?

#5406 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s my understanding the topper will query the model and/or serial number (presumably in NVRAM somewhere?). If not LE or SE+, no go. We won’t be able to confirm that until someone actually tries it of course. (I wasn’t told that explicitly but it was very definitely implied when I was asking about model and serial number info).

I'm thinking that the definition of "...very definitely implied" means it's explicit.

#5407 1 year ago

Just saw the SE with topper on sale for $8695 shipped from InTheNewAge. Update: Not sure what to believe. The "About" section says he just got back into selling arcade stuff, and some 2021 reviews on the web, but feels more queezy the more I read his website....

https://www.inthenewage.com/Chicago-Gaming-Cactus-Canyon-Remake--SE-Pinball-With-Topper-Pinball-Machine_p_6766.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwpqCZBhAbEiwAa7pXeT9CC8c1PODMtPcv6N91CtbI7t3bIg7-p8DuQPRTDRp1WC59Pl79dBoCAawQAvD_BwE

#5408 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

If that is the case...I wonder how many people will be receiving new machines with rusted hardware?

So maybe they are just pumping out cabs... or spending a lot on climate control.

#5409 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Just saw the SE with topper on sale for $8695 shipped from InTheNewAge. Looks legit...

sending my gift card numbers now !

#5410 1 year ago

That’s a good deal if it’s true. I’m sticking with my usual dealer.

#5412 1 year ago

It doesn't seem legit.

Google the address from the website. Seems sketchy to me too.

Screenshot_20220919-151700_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220919-151700_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220919-151648_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220919-151648_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220919-151637_Maps (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220919-151637_Maps (resized).jpg
#5413 1 year ago

It’s a scam.

7FC21670-784B-423C-A5B0-35192540D903 (resized).jpeg7FC21670-784B-423C-A5B0-35192540D903 (resized).jpeg
#5414 1 year ago

Just saw the SE with topper on sale for $8695 shipped from InTheNewAge. Update: Not sure what to believe. The "About" section says he just got back into selling arcade stuff, and some 2021 reviews on the web, but feels more queezy the more I read his website....
https://www.inthenewage.com/Chicago-Gaming-Cactus-Canyon-Remake--SE-Pinball-With-Topper-Pinball-Machine_p_6766.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwpqCZBhAbEiwAa7pXeT9CC8c1PODMtPcv6N91CtbI7t3bIg7-p8DuQPRTDRp1WC59Pl79dBoCAawQAvD_BwE

I tried clicking on that link and Norton blocked it as a dangerous site.

#5415 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

It’s a scam.

212812f07feb66dadb8e741282465e91abedef99 (resized).jpg212812f07feb66dadb8e741282465e91abedef99 (resized).jpg
#5417 1 year ago

Bertha Miller is awesome. I buy all my nib pins from her.

#5418 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

If you go by this logic then all the parts they have stocked on the shelves to build them would get rusty. Pretty sure they got thier factory climat conrolled otherwise they would have serious issues on everything they build or have in stock.

#5419 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

If you go by this logic then all the parts they have stocked on the shelves to build them would get rusty. Pretty sure they got thier factory climat conrolled otherwise they would have serious issues on everything they build or have in stock.

Interesting point,
Is there any documented visits to the CGC facility ?
Can't say I have ever seen any photos ?

Rusting hardware on a playfield is a very unpleasant sight.

Hoping that CGC got that problem sorted.

#5420 1 year ago

It sounds like LEs are finally on the line!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5421 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

[quoted image]

THANK GOD ...FINALLY

#5422 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Interesting point,
Is there any documented visits to the CGC facility ?
Rusting hardware on a playfield is a very unpleasant sight.
Hoping that CGC got that problem sorted.

Super interesting read.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2016/11/04/churchill-cabinet-company-tour/

#5424 1 year ago

so they are expecting ! to ship in 3 to 4 weeks ???
missed another goal ...

coming up to the one year anniversary.

lets all rejoice till the next 3 or 4 week shipping date!

edit: for JFH

#5425 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

missed another deadline ....

No. They may miss a goal (TBD), but there is no “deadline” to miss.

#5426 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

any documented visits to the CGC facility ?

There won’t be any for a while. They are doing a lot of reconfiguration and expanding. Pretty much no one other than employees get past the conference room.

Pinball Magazine was/is? Going to do a feature on Cactus Canyon but that has been delayed, in part because of this.

#5427 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

missed another deadline ....
coming up to the one year anniversary.
lets all rejoice till the next 3 or 4 week shipping date!

Yea, they are going to string us along. Next month it will be in 3 or 4 weeks.

#5428 1 year ago

I can't wait... but my wallet can - p3 platform is a real barn burner and just plunked down for everything now that weird al is on the line (3 months ahead of schedule).

I had a chance to buy a fire sale CC around 1999/2000 and passed on it... pinball at home?! I go to the arcade (never thought they'd shut down but I was a teen then and didn't know anything about the market, pin2k was the future).

Would always lament that, mainly because of Eric's continued code but also the inflated price that kept it at arms length for years. Thankful VP exists and satisfied that itch.

This is a dream pin and glad we can own it (looking forward to Lyman's Swan Song - I think I'm going to remember his birthday with a donation to NAMI in his name, March 24th every year).

#5429 1 year ago

A friend was over the other night playing pinball with me in the garage. His parents are doing a game room in their new house. He asked me what machine I would recommend they put in it for novice players and they don’t want to have to work on or tinker with it much. CCr all day…Best $8k you can spend in todays market. Change my mind.

#5430 1 year ago
Quoted from EDUB919:

A friend was over the other night playing pinball with me in the garage. His parents are doing a game room in their new house. He asked me what machine I would recommend they put in it for novice players and they don’t want to have to work on or tinker with it much. CCr all day…Best $8k you can spend in todays market. Change my mind.

It's a good choice. Family-appropriate themed from the "good ole' days" in the 90's and mechanics/rules that don't take a user manual. And since its a new build, it shouldn't be a repair nightmare in the making...

#5431 1 year ago

It's a good choice. Themed from the "good ole' days" in the 90's and mechanics/rules that don't take a user manual.

I sold my GZ Premium and picked up a CCR for my office while I am waiting on my +with the topper. I would say for fun of play and just casual playing this is by far a better game. Simple to follow, good callouts, just a fun casual game that everyone can enjoy.

#5432 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

I sold my GZ Premium and picked up a CCR for my office while I am waiting on my +with the topper. I would say for fun of play and just casual playing this is by far a better game. Simple to follow, good callouts, just a fun casual game that everyone can enjoy.

Even more importantly is you can buy a CC SE today brand new and not get raked over the coals. That speaks volumes for me personally.

#5433 1 year ago
Quoted from wesh:

Hey Wes! I made the same decision, canceled my GZ Pre order and put a deposit down on a CCR+. It’ll be worth the wait, I’m sure.

#5434 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Hey Wes! I made the same decision, canceled my GZ Pre order and put a deposit down on a CCR+. It’ll be worth the wait, I’m sure.

John come on down to the office and play the one I have! Help fill the void until yours arrives.

#5435 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

[quoted image]

What should we take away from this “update”? Is there any actual news here? Does this suggest that they have not been building LEs in the background while awaiting topper parts?

#5436 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

What should we take away from this “update”? Is there any actual news here? Does this suggest that they have not been building LEs in the background while awaiting topper parts?

I'm under the impression that this means the build parts that were pending remanufacturing and holding up completely production have now arrived so they can wrap up on the toppers and LE specific parts.

#5437 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Is there any actual news here?

No.

#5438 1 year ago
download (resized).jpegdownload (resized).jpeg
#5439 1 year ago

Had a heater of a game tonight, made it to High Noon. Shy of my Grand Champion score, but what a rush. Here is to you LE guys getting to play soon.

20220921_233605.jpg20220921_233605.jpg
#5440 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Had a heater of a game tonight, made it to High Noon. Shy of my Grand Champion score, but what a rush. Here is to you LE guys getting to play soon.
[quoted image]

Boy is that powder coat slick.

#5441 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Boy is that powder coat slick.

Thanks. Photos don't do it justice. You can see it better in this video:

#5442 1 year ago

question..does the manual, or any CGC info online, tell us what the EXACT dimensions are for the legnth and width of the top of the backbox? I'm so done with tape measures..I'm trying to make a topper that is exactly the same size as the top. I know, silly question, but there's no such thing..lol.

#5443 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

question..does the manual, or any CGC info online, tell us what the EXACT dimensions are for the legnth and width of the top of the backbox? I'm so done with tape measures..I'm trying to make a topper that is exactly the same size as the top. I know, silly question, but there's no such thing..lol.

Not that I’m aware of.

#5444 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'm so done with tape measures.

28 3/4" by 9 15/16ths"

LTG : )

#5445 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

28 3/4" by 9 15/16ths"
LTG : )

many thanks!..That's what I initially thought..probably measured wrong and/or cut wrong, lol. I just had neck surgery, so there!

#5446 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Thanks. Photos don't do it justice. You can see it better in this video:

Wow, you are right - even better in the video. Gonna do the coin door? The quick look I saw didn't seem like it was shimmering? That shooter housing just pops with it.

What's the name of the combination you used if you don't mind sharing? I might put that on SW.

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

many thanks!..That's what I initially thought..probably measured wrong and/or cut wrong, lol. I just had neck surgery, so there!

Speedy recovery!

#5447 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Wow, you are right - even better in the video. Gonna do the coin door? The quick look I saw didn't seem like it was shimmering? That shooter housing just pops with it.
What's the name of the combination you used if you don't mind sharing? I might put that on SW.

Thanks. I have never done coin doors on any of my games. If you look at all of the factory LE's from Stern and JJP, you will see that all of their coin doors are standard black. The main reason for this is that if you do any two stage powdercoat, the hinge area will have too much material built up due to a combination of a tight radius and the Faraday effect, and flake off after opening and closing the door several times. You basically have to decide what is more important to you: a matching door with blemishes, or a black door without. The coin door just kind of disappears, so I have never bothered with it. When I sold a past game, a buyer asked why I didn't do the door. When I answered with the same reply I typed before, he said, "well, that is true. My XYZ door is flaking at the hinge."

The color on Star Wars is Ink Black with Rockstar Sparkle. As good as it looks in the video, it is really impressive in person. I did my BM66 in the same color, and had a local guy apply pinstripes similar to the SLE. Feel free to send a PM if you have more questions about powder coating.

https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPB-5835/rockstar-sparkle

#5448 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Thanks. I have never done coin doors on any of my games. If you look at all of the factory LE's from Stern and JJP, you will see that all of their coin doors are standard black. The main reason for this is that if you do any two stage powdercoat, the hinge area will have too much material built up due to a combination of a tight radius and the Faraday effect, and flake off after opening and closing the door several times. You basically have to decide what is more important to you: a matching door with blemishes, or a black door without. The coin door just kind of disappears, so I have never bothered with it. When I sold a past game, a buyer asked why I didn't do the door. When I answered with the same reply I typed before, he said, "well, that is true. My XYZ door is flaking at the hinge."
The color on Star Wars is Ink Black with Rockstar Sparkle. As good as it looks in the video, it is really impressive in person. I did my BM66 in the same color, and had a local guy apply pinstripes similar to the SLE. Feel free to send a PM if you have more questions about powder coating.
https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/PPB-5835/rockstar-sparkle

Well that clears that up. Didn't even take that into consideration.

I wonder if my spooky coin doors will flake (they were matched at the factory).

#5449 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Well that clears that up. Didn't even take that into consideration.
I wonder if my spooky coin doors will flake (they were matched at the factory).

I wouldn't worry about it. I presume that you are talking about the "Blood Sucker" color. It looks to be a single stage, just in purple instead of black.

#5450 1 year ago

anyone know when the European games will get shipped out? I have a order in for a SE and it would be natural that all SE gets shipped at the same time, but according to my distributor CGC will produce all games for the US first (including LE and SE+) and then make the ones for Europe? Doesn't really sound logical at all, anyone with info on this matter?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/109 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.