(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 309.
#5301 1 year ago

My mirrored backglass arrived today. It looks amazing! I like that the backglass has Bally on it. It is definitely worth the money and was easy to put on!

#5302 1 year ago
Quoted from retropins:

My mirrored backglass arrived today. It looks amazing! I like that the backglass has Bally on it. It is definitely worth the money and was easy to put on!

Yeah it is really nice. I was hoping though, that the mirrored look more prominent that it is, while the game is on. But can’t win them all! Of course the mirrored parts require ambient lighting in the room to actually make a difference, and I play in a bat cave.

#5303 1 year ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

No biggie man, sometimes the dark lords of the Internet demand a sacrifice. And sometimes that sacrifice is me for asking a silly question haha.

Accepting an apology is a gift you give yourself and the person what done the apologizing. You are both winners in the end! It brings a tear to the eye.

#5304 1 year ago

Feel like I missed a nice moment, could be AETD time zone delay

#5305 1 year ago

Here is a minecart my son and I printed from the thingiverse asset. Acrylic paint and some pyrite chunks. Now I need my SE+!

2E58A31F-9210-4CFB-9F2D-E0B012333CDA (resized).jpeg2E58A31F-9210-4CFB-9F2D-E0B012333CDA (resized).jpeg
#5306 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Here is a minecart my son and I printed from the thingiverse asset. Acrylic paint and some pyrite chunks. Now I need my SE+!

Came out great. Nice work!

#5307 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Here is a minecart my son and I printed from the thingiverse asset. Acrylic paint and some pyrite chunks. Now I need my SE+![quoted image]

this, my friend, is VERY BADASS. Looks like the best ore cart yet..I absolutely love the iron pirite? or whatever rocks you have in there..I really need to get a 3D printer now..I could save SOOOO much money by making my own shit. And this is the last straw of inspiration to make the transition! Plus, I want to repro some playfield parts (star posts, etc) and thirst my endless modding fix. (I'm currently making an alternate topper for CC..my artwork is being printed next week, onto translucsent film, for an upper backbox..)

#5308 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Here is a minecart my son and I printed from the thingiverse asset. Acrylic paint and some pyrite chunks. Now I need my SE+![quoted image]

my only critique here, is that the wood part should be a little lighter in color, to match the lighter 'wood' in the game..but maybe that's just me!

#5309 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Will that added weight make it harder to stay mounted with puddy or whatever you are using?

#5310 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

my only critique here, is that the wood part should be a little lighter in color, to match the lighter 'wood' in the game..but maybe that's just me!

Thanks for the compliments. And I had the same thought about the color. When I get the game I should be able to adjust the color with another coat of paint. Yeah if you want to dive in try it out. The printer I used is a Monoprice Cadet about $150. I had no skill in this, just trial and error and did a little reading on how to paint 3d prints. Here’s the pyrite.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09WTRB7N4

Pls share your topper when you have it.

#5311 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Will that added weight make it harder to stay mounted with puddy or whatever you are using?

Maybe, I’ll have to figure that out. I might try that Quake putty. I might put in a false bottom and just a few stones on top to lessen the weight. Also need to figure how to secure the stones. A few dabs of hot glue perhaps.

#5312 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Maybe, I’ll have to figure that out. I might try that Quake putty. I might put in a false bottom and just a few stones on top to lessen the weight. Also need to figure how to secure the stones. A few dabs of hot glue perhaps.

Will share the topper when its done. And yeah, weight is a serious thing to consider for the mineshaft motor in the machine. I would use as little hidden rock as possible, and keep the top layer of course. You could fill the bottom with anything lightweight, like a styrofoam block or something better. Then hot glue all of that together.

#5313 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Will share the topper when its done. And yeah, weight is a serious thing to consider for the mineshaft motor in the machine. I would use as little hidden rock as possible, and keep the top layer of course. You could fill the bottom with anything lightweight, like a styrofoam block or something better. Then hot glue all of that together.

What if someone were to 3d print a cart with the cart "filled" so to speak. Then instead of painting the "filled gold" part, you brush some adhesive on it, and sprinkle with gold glitter or something similar?

#5314 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

My CCR SE has landed! I installed the front legs while it was up on it's back to check the fitment and sure enough it looks like I've got pinchers. Just putting the legs on finger tight started to leave an indentation.

Installed Mantis leg protectors to get up and running. They work great to mitigate the defective legs CGC shipped, backed the pinchers right off the art. Family is loving the game!

For what it's worth we never heard anything from CGC, they offered no solution or even a token response to my ticket.

IMG_0864 (resized).JPEGIMG_0864 (resized).JPEG
#5315 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Installed Mantis leg protectors
For what it's worth we never heard anything from CGC, they offered no solution or even a token response to my ticket.

Oh man,
That's disappointing

Does CGC provide a auto response to say that your ticket is in ?

Perhaps they never received request ?

#5316 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Oh man,
That's disappointing
Does CGC provide a auto response to say that your ticket is in ?
Perhaps they never received request ?

It's in. You can go in and see your ticket in their system. I went back in to update my serial number when I realized it was wrong. Ah well. FWIW they were great in the past. I had issues with my MMR Royal and they helped quite a bit. In this case nadda peep.

#5317 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

It's in. You can go in and see your ticket in their system. I went back in to update my serial number when I realized it was wrong. Ah well. FWIW they were great in the past. I had issues with my MMR Royal and they helped quite a bit. In this case nadda peep.

latest machines off the line still plagued... not a position I want to be in wrt the CXO, dealing with this after the machines left the warehouse.

I think the industry standard here is you will accept an imperfect item and they will send a kit containing mantis style protectors, felt protectors, a razor blade, vinyl squeegee and a full decal set.

I'd be hopeful the mantis style protector along with factory cutting the decals around the protector will prevent this on le and se+.

I feel your pain - happened with our R&M, not much you can do but repair it yourself (prevent it from getting worse) or strip the cabinet and start fresh (no thanks).

#5318 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Installed Mantis leg protectors to get up and running. They work great to mitigate the defective legs CGC shipped, backed the pinchers right off the art. Family is loving the game!
For what it's worth we never heard anything from CGC, they offered no solution or even a token response to my ticket.[quoted image]

Same here. Crickets!

#5319 1 year ago
Quoted from jarozi:

Quoted from TeamUp:

Same here. Crickets!

If you aren’t happy with CGCs response (or lack thereof), follow up. Anyone who opens a ticket deserves appropriate updates and status. “No response” is unacceptable. If no solution is offered state what you want to make it right.

#5320 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you aren’t happy with CGCs response (or lack thereof), follow up. Anyone who opens a ticket deserves appropriate updates and status. “No response” is unacceptable. If no solution is offered state what you want to make it right.

We got a general response, right afte we made our ticket, but that was about a month ago...nothing, ziltch from then on. I'm wondering how long CGC is going to hold this 'Grand Pause', and surprise us all with arms wide open..pretty interesting with such a delayed response..they are probably 'deer in the headlights' at this point.

#5321 1 year ago

Yeah I have heard absolutely nothing about my lower than usual sound issue. I think others have reported this as well. Went to the engineers supposedly, I guess to be looked at some time in the next few years. Cmon man!!

#5322 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Bunch of BS. Where are the LE's? A little communication would go a long ways. That's ok, taking customers for granted is not a good long term game plan.

#5323 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Where are the LE's? A little communication would go a long ways. That's ok, taking customers for granted is not a good long term game plan.

We had an update on the LEs a few weeks ago. They are expected to begin shipping around the first of October.

#5324 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I can see CCr doing very well on location. It’s a broad theme, features attractive cab art and funny callouts. And gunfights! The fan layout is pretty easy to shoot, and you don’t need a manual to understand the goals. Just a town Marshall to keep the peace. Reminds me of Deadwood City…anyone remember that?
[quoted image]

Yes. And inside ufo 40-51

#5325 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'm wondering how long CGC is going to hold this 'Grand Pause',

Until they have an answer. It doesn't always happen over night.

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yeah I have heard absolutely nothing about my lower than usual sound issue. I think others have reported this as well. Went to the engineers supposedly,

If it went to the engineers. That is where it is. Working on replicating it. Or figuring out a permanent cure. I'm sorry for the delays, some of this takes time.

LTG : )

#5326 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it went to the engineers. That is where it is. Working on replicating it. Or figuring out a permanent cure. I'm sorry for the delays, some of this takes time.

Speaking as an engineer, the intermittent problems are the hardest ones to solve. If it were me, I’d be trying to get my hands on an audio board that has the problem.

#5327 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Speaking as an engineer, the intermittent problems are the hardest ones to solve. If it were me, I’d be trying to get my hands on an audio board that has the problem.

I work in troubleshooting and maintenance and I agree intermittent is the hardest to solve if it doesn’t recur. My sound issue doesn’t go away. It’s on all the time.

#5328 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I work in troubleshooting and maintenance and I agree intermittent is the hardest to solve if it doesn’t recur. My sound issue doesn’t go away. It’s on all the time.

If they were really working on the issue then CGC would have replaced your board, and requested your sound board so they can analyze. My guess is they've done nothing or very little, which is why nobody has heard boo from them on the issue.

#5329 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If they were really working on the issue then CGC would have replaced your board, and requested your sound board so they can analyze. My guess is they've done nothing or very little, which is why nobody has heard boo from them on the issue.

Why do you even bother with CGC? For a supposed fan of their games you make Debbie Downer seem like the ultimate optimist.

If you have facts to back up your derogatory accusation, please share.
Otherwise, as my mother was fond of saying, if you don’t have anything nice to say - don’t say anything at all.

#5330 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I’m not even sure if there is a separate sound board. I haven’t dug into it I just haven’t had time.

#5331 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why do you even bother with CGC? For a supposed fan of their games you make Debbie Downer seem like the ultimate optimist.
Otherwise, as my mother was fond of saying, if you don’t have anything nice to say - don’t say anything at all.

We can only say nice things about CGC regardless of how poorly they treat their customers? Don’t think so.

#5332 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

We can only say nice things about CGC regardless of how poorly they treat their customers? Don’t think so.

I didn’t say that. I wouldn’t accept radio silence on an open ticket and I wouldn’t think others would either.
But if you’re going to make a specific allegation you’d better back it up with facts.

There’s no excuse for poor customer service. But that’s no justification for slander either.

#5333 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

There’s no excuse for poor customer service. But that’s no justification for slander either.

Slander ?
They are aware there are issues, people have opened tickets, issues are in this post, and nothing but silence.
Not thinking this is great customer service.
Hoping they hit the LE date they put out,
Plus it's getting strange that Richard has still not got his game? If there are issues with the electronic approval hope the export games get shipped or do we all just keep waiting for someday?

#5334 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

What if someone were to 3d print a cart with the cart "filled" so to speak. Then instead of painting the "filled gold" part, you brush some adhesive on it, and sprinkle with gold glitter or something similar?

I think you could get away with a small layer of real rock. But that’s about it. For long gevity of the lid motor (sp).

#5335 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I didn’t say that. I wouldn’t accept radio silence on an open ticket and I wouldn’t think others would either.
But if you’re going to make a specific allegation you’d better back it up with facts.

LOL? Did someone hack your account? "Otherwise, as my mother was fond of saying, if you don’t have anything nice to say - don’t say anything at all."

#5336 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Slander ?
They are aware there are issues, people have opened tickets, issues are in this post, and nothing but silence.
Not thinking this is great customer service.
Hoping they hit the LE date they put out,
Plus it's getting strange that Richard has still not got his game? If there are issues with the electronic approval hope the export games get shipped or do we all just keep waiting for someday?

It is incredible how quickly jfh jumps to defend the indefensible. He's now claiming this is slander..."My guess is they've done nothing or very little, which is why nobody has heard boo from them on the issue."

#5337 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Thats a good question, and it will probably end with this title. Why do u continue to defend a company for their clear short comings? Oh yea your the half glass full guy who claimed CGC would be shipping LE"s 6 months ago based on your "inside" information, and when I called BS u make the same Debbie downer comments .....give me a break I call it as I see it .... I will never accept poor customer service as the status quo especially on a $9K toy.

#5338 1 year ago

I've tried numerous times to enter a ticket. My password doesn't work. I've tried forgot my password and it never sends me an email. I try signing up with a new account and it says email already been used. So I have the sound issue everybody talks about but can't report it to CGC. I'm not dumping on the game or CGC. They are mostly bullet proof. My other remakes are error free. Actually never had a problem. MMr I had a troll screw get loose and damsel switch screw fell out and wouldn't register, just vibrated loose. Easily just put back together. CCr right now has the sound issue and intermittently it registers the skill shot before the ball gets to the lasso. The sound works but the quality is poor and I have to crank it up much higher than my other remakes to hear it.

#5339 1 year ago

I think the sound board in this thread needs a ticket opened on it…all I hear is a high pitched whining!!!

#5340 1 year ago

It is incredible how quickly jfh jumps to defend the indefensible.

I don’t defend or condone poor customer service. I agree 100% poor customer service is indefensible. But it’s the lack of timely ticket updates that would bother me not necessarily that there isn’t a definitive solution yet. I’ve worked tickets that took months to address and refused to close them until final resolution.

When I have what I think is poor customer service I escalate through the proper channels. Complaining online without doing so may alert others to potential issues but doesn’t typically result in resolution.

CCr will be my first new CGC game. I don’t have it yet so I don’t have any experience with their customer service but I’m not afraid to be a squeaky wheel if necessary. But I also don’t have unrealistic expectations of instant gratification as some here apparently do.

#5341 1 year ago

So I have the sound issue everybody talks about but can't report it to CGC. I'm not dumping on the game or CGC.

Have you tried calling CGC and asking for help getting you back into the system?

#5342 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

But I also don’t have unrealistic expectations of instant gratification as some here apparently do.

In all fairness, I think we’re beyond the “instant gratification” timeframe.

#5343 1 year ago

I've tried numerous times to enter a ticket. My password doesn't work.

Please call or email Ryan about this. Or PM me all your details and what is happening, I'll see they get it and can help you.

#5344 1 year ago

."My guess is they've done nothing or very little,

That's not true.

Quoted from EDUB919:

I think the sound board

Unlike Williams DMD era, remakes don't have a sound board.

Which is why addressing it isn't easy.

#5345 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t defend or condone poor customer service. I agree 100% poor customer service is indefensible. But it’s the lack of timely ticket updates that would bother me not necessarily that there isn’t a definitive solution yet. I’ve worked tickets that took months to address and refused to close them until final resolution.
When I have what I think is poor customer service I escalate through the proper channels. Complaining online without doing so may alert others to potential issues but doesn’t typically result in resolution.
CCr will be my first new CGC game. I don’t have it yet so I don’t have any experience with their customer service but I’m not afraid to be a squeaky wheel if necessary. But I also don’t have unrealistic expectations of instant gratification as some here apparently do.

Anyone not happy after months of waiting has "unrealistic goals of instant gratification?" Sounds like slander...

#5346 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

That's not true.

What's the story behind this statement?
What have or are they doing ?
Hoping detail info helps

#5347 1 year ago

Unlike Williams DMD era, remakes don't have a sound board.
Which is why addressing it isn't easy.

Thats great....can u share details?

#5348 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

What have or are they doing ?

Working to solve issues.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Thats great....can u share details?

Software/beagleboard.

#5349 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Software/beagleboard.

Forgive my ignorance but if it were software alone wouldn’t the issue be widespread? Isolated cases of poor audio quality seems like a hardware issue. A faulty stage on the beagleboard you mentioned...

Fixing it might require a software workaround if that’s even possible, otherwise complete board replacement since everything is system-on-a-chip.

#5350 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Forgive my ignorance but if it were software alone wouldn’t the issue be widespread? Isolated cases of poor audio quality seems like a hardware issue. A faulty stage on the beagleboard you mentioned...

No idea. I'm not the engineer working on it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,999 (OBO)
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.