(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 309.
#5001 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I will be installing art blades, but I don't see any instructions or a video on how to remove the CCr playfield. There's no helpful handle mounted at the back end of the PF like recent Stern pins. And that CCr hinge mechanism looks really tricky. Disconnection of the cables does not look very easy, either. Has anyone done this? Thanks.

My wife and I just installed art blades on Friday last week. Definitely don't remove the playfield. Took us about 15 mins I want to say.

20220816_194608 (resized).jpg20220816_194608 (resized).jpg20220816_194630 (resized).jpg20220816_194630 (resized).jpg
#5002 1 year ago

New update from Game Room Guys this morning.

a2d5bd41-5590-f791-31c6-69440d49439b (resized).jpga2d5bd41-5590-f791-31c6-69440d49439b (resized).jpg
#5003 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRestore:

New update from Game Room Guys this morning.

Isn’t that the same graphic they sent a couple weeks ago?

#5004 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Isn’t that the same graphic they sent a couple weeks ago?

I think they added the SE+ production part.

#5005 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I think they added the SE+ production part.

Yes. I'm an SE+ customer. I didn't get that previous one, but I got this one.

#5006 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

My wife and I just installed art blades on Friday last week. Definitely don't remove the playfield. Took us about 15 mins I want to say.[quoted image][quoted image]

Yeah, that's because you have a wife who's creative and handy like that. I have a wife, too, but if I talked her into helping me, we'd end up in divorce court. I tried applying blades to my DEJP by myself with the playfield up. It was a disaster.

#5007 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Yeah, that's because you have a wife who's creative and handy like that. I have a wife, too, but if I talked her into helping me, we'd end up in divorce court. I tried applying blades to my DEJP by myself with the playfield up. It was a disaster.

Here's another method - I used this a couple days ago installing blades on my Funhouse 2.0. It worked well, but you have to be sure to cut the paper back as far as possible near the pivot nut before doing the back side.

#5008 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Ive installed a couple dozen game blades, and I can attest there is zero need to remove the playfield. There are a lot of videos on youtube that walk u through the steps. I personally like the wet method (lightly), but many apply them dry.

#5009 1 year ago

Remember to scoot the whole playfield away from the side you're working on, it will move 1/4 inch or so. Don't remove the whole backing sheet but maybe 2/3 of it starting from the narrow end. Install narrow end first, feed wide end thru
Machine-playfield gap. Remove rest of backing sheet.. Install wide end. Smooth out with a putty knife .

#5010 1 year ago
Quoted from tlsbryan:

Read back two pages. 6 weeks

My distributor also told me 6 weeks yesterday

#5011 1 year ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Remember to scoot the whole playfield away from the side you're working on, it will move 1/4 inch or so. Don't remove the whole backing sheet but maybe 2/3 of it starting from the narrow end. Install narrow end first, feed wide end thru
Machine-playfield gap. Remove rest of backing sheet.. Install wide end. Smooth out with a putty knife .

I recently did this way: had a helper hold the playfield at 90 degrees to the cabinet (straight up). Sprayed decal with Tac Spray (product version of wet method). Using both my free hands, holding each end of the decal, one hand on either side of the PF, slid the decal down into place and slid it around and adjusted. Wiped down excess liquid dripping (wasn’t too much). Move playfield a few inches on the rails to also smooth out decal in that spot that the pf was occupying.

#5012 1 year ago

Dealers have been sitting on Se inventory for a while now and you can easily purchase one same day from most dealers. I understand having to keep the line moving but geez what a disaster.

#5013 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrawesome44:

Dealers have been sitting on Se inventory for a while now and you can easily purchase one same day from most dealers. I understand having to keep the line moving but geez what a disaster.

I am sure that stock will dry up when they start making the LE and SE+ models for the next 6-12 months.

#5014 1 year ago

If there is stock, why are no SE models being shipped outside US?

#5015 1 year ago

With the pineapple still wedged pretty tight; and the issues are more than a few, I’m seriously considering backing out of this one, I’ll just continue to restore 90’s B/W to new. The longer this goes on; the less interested I become…..& at the moment I really couldn’t give a fuck wether I get it or not !

#5016 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Why don’t you check out the Radcals?

Quoted from ClassicHornet:

With the pineapple still wedged pretty tight; and the issues are more than a few, I’m seriously considering backing out of this one, I’ll just continue to restore 90’s B/W to new. The longer this goes on; the less interested I become…..& at the moment I really couldn’t give a fuck wether I get it or not !

Agree!! And with today rate the price is crazy high in Scandinavia

#5017 1 year ago

You do you brother. If it doesn’t tickle yer balls then yeah, I’d move on too. I admire your commitment so far.

#5018 1 year ago

My guess is many are thinking the same thing although won't admit it

#5019 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I’d be shocked if that were true. Let’s hear from everybody! I’m staying in for sure. Can’t run the new code on a original Cc

#5020 1 year ago

ClassicHornet no more...

Gotta change your handle to:

@inittoloseit

#5021 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’d be shocked if that were true. Let’s hear from everybody! I’m staying in for sure. Can’t run the new code on a original Cc

Nah....could be many things....state of the general economy, tired of waiting, different titles/new releases, etc....I mean who knows....I'm used to waiting with CGC so I'll wait it out early next year.

#5022 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nah....could be many things....state of the general economy, tired of waiting, different titles/new releases, etc....I mean who knows....I'm used to waiting with CGC so I'll wait it out early next year.

True. Economy is iffy. Certainly could be more bailing out than I think.

#5023 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Let’s hear from everybody!

I am staying in. The wait sucks for sure but will be worth it in the end.

#5024 1 year ago

No doubt, I'll be in whenever it's ready. Don't understand all the angst, sure ,I wish it was ready , but its not and nothing I can do to make it so.

#5025 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I just put order for SE+ I don’t mind about the wait. After seeing TS4 that just made CC remake so much more appealing.

I’d love to take over any LE order tho if anyone doesn’t want theirs.

#5026 1 year ago

Start putting up your LEs for sale then. Many people missed out.

#5027 1 year ago

I’m seriously considering backing out of this one, I’ll just continue to restore 90’s B/W to new.

Not even a thought about dropping out. Even passed on a CQ original because the remake is better. If I had the room I’d get/keep both, but I don’t. And I’m a big Lyman fan. Can’t imagine giving up my LE when I have both the game and his final code to look forward to.

Quoted from PtownPin:

Many? Nope. Or at least not those that ordered the game because they wanted it as opposed to those that just have to have the new shiny game. I’m sure we’ll see some drop after the Stern announcement but hope that if anyone actually backs out of an LE (!) that they will offer it to someone here that wants to upgrade.

#5028 1 year ago

My CCr is my placeholder until my SE+ is shipped. I was lucky to find a trade partner for a restored B/W 90’s pin for his NOB CCr. Had 50 plays on it. It just wasn’t holding his and his kids’ interest, for whatever reason. So I grabbed an SE to see if it’s a keeper and worth the wait. Spoiler: it is. Even before the new code update add-on package, it’s a fine addition to the CGC family. They have chosen 4 titles with a similar feel. Deep enough that it’s not easy to beat, but simple enough to understand for even casual players. I love the theme, the shots, the flow and the gunfights. I turned my gunfight time down to 3 seconds, so you gotta hit the bad guy on the first, or maaaaaybe second shot. Fun to mod too! The updated code package and innovative topper will be icing. I played my longest game today, qualifying the OK Coral finale, but lost my ball before starting it. Took about 15 mins, which is the right length of time for my attention span!

#5029 1 year ago

Steady as she goes! Best NIB value prop going right now. You’ll be kicking yourself if you don’t stick this out. Let’s get that pineapple unwedged! Wait that sounded weird….

#5030 1 year ago

I was able to add a spotlight without doing much. I hijacked one of the 12v bulbs from the coin return button and used a Comet matrix extension to take it up under the right sling. I need a better bulb to really add some light, but it will help. I might use a splitter and add another on the left sling.

5EF88E68-749D-4AB5-AB10-967571A1DE25 (resized).jpeg5EF88E68-749D-4AB5-AB10-967571A1DE25 (resized).jpegEEE1E1B5-34CC-424D-A9E8-6CE457905FB2 (resized).jpegEEE1E1B5-34CC-424D-A9E8-6CE457905FB2 (resized).jpeg
#5031 1 year ago

The Lyman code is the integral factor. I would not bet against its value once all is said and done.

#5032 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I don’t mind the wait. They make a good product that’s worth waiting for.

#5033 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I was able to add a spotlight without doing much. I hijacked one of the 12v bulbs from the coin return button and used a Comet matrix extension to take it up under the right sling. I need a better bulb to really add some light, but it will help. I might use a splitter and add another on the left sling.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm still waiting on my Pinstadiums to arrive... I feel like someone who's got a CCr LE deposit in and waiting on their game to ship... LOL Just poking at you guys. I honestly can't wait to see you all get your games and see the pics and videos start popping up on here. Don't be too busy playing to snap a pic or video for your fellow pinheads. I will definitely post pics of before and after so you all can see the difference they make though... and video... does Pinside allow videos or do you have to upload to YouTube and link? I've got a you tube channel so not a big deal either way. I'll see if I can get my wife to shoot some video while I play.

#5034 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

does Pinside allow videos or do you have to upload to YouTube and link?

Upload and link.

#5035 1 year ago
Quoted from JHPSWE:

Agree!! And with today rate the price is crazy high in Scandinavia

Opposite for me in Israel, so far the delay has saved me almost $2000 in exchange rate difference compared to last October when I committed to the LE in Germany. Not expecting it before end of year at very best but not sure what could happen to the currencies by the time I get invoiced.

#5036 1 year ago

I'm staying in...for sure. In the mean time I've come up with an internal poll to keep myself amused...

Q. What game will arrive first:

Multiple Choice:
A. CCr LE
B. LOV (ordered Nov/21)
C. Whatever Stern's next game is
D. None of the above

Right now I'm leaning toward "D".

#5037 1 year ago

Long story that will be short but still long…
Back in 2014, I knew of a cactus canyon that a vendor had. They didn’t want to part with it, because apparently it was still a good earner at the pizza shop it was in, plus the pizza shop owners loved it.
But then it broke and needed repair, so when it came into their shop, I asked them if they would take a new in the box game for it (at the time, I had a new avengers pro that I purchased for $4300)
This made no sense to the owner, because he viewed the CC as an old 20+ routed game and a new game would make him new money.
He gladly took the trade.
The game was in average shape at best, but still rare as hell.
I played it for two weeks straight and then sold it to a collector for $12,900. I never regretted selling it, but I thought the game was pretty cool, unique and felt like this would be the last time I probably would own one.

To be completely honest, I haven’t been a fan of the remakes. I’ve played them at shows, and they didn’t feel quite right to me for a variety of whatever reasons. This past spring, I played CCR at pinball stars booth at Allentown with my three kids, and we were all impressed, it left an impression on me.
Fast forward to the Toy Story reveal that I was anxiously anticipating like many, and the hefty price increase, it left me feeling underwhelmed to say the least.
I then moved my deposit over to a CCR SE.

Now unboxing any new game is cool, and I’ve probably done it at least a dozen times, but unboxing a brand new Cactus Canyon felt like a time machine.
For the price compared to other games out there, it’s a no brainer. I didn’t need the topper or extras, and I ended up with mine nib for $500 less than msrp because of a mix up with my previous deposit.

First impressions are, the game is fantastic and just like I remembered, (but a lot cleaner lol) mowing down bad guys, jackpots, the flow, the theme, it all just works in harmony.

Only issues I’ve noticed so far, the apron center decal wasn’t down all the way, and was peeled up a little.
The balls it came with were absolute trash, and were pitted. There was no oil or anything in the little baggie they came in, so this was a fail on their part.
Sling shot in the pop bumpers switches were too close together.
Either the glass is rattling or something else, even at volume 20.
Other than that it’s been great so far. I cranked the flippers to max, which to me feels more in line with the old Bally/Williams games.
Not sure if that’s advisable or not, but the game plays awesome with strong flippers.
It’s funny how even though after not playing an original for over 8 years, you get flash backs and remember the shots and the flow of the game, like the right ramp to lock mine as you get the feel of the game all over again.
163407A6-40F7-4A07-B240-3A736454F206 (resized).jpeg163407A6-40F7-4A07-B240-3A736454F206 (resized).jpeg697AA64B-9D17-4F0E-AFCC-D081543CBDE4 (resized).jpeg697AA64B-9D17-4F0E-AFCC-D081543CBDE4 (resized).jpegA95DB41D-D39D-4AED-AC79-BA3718D02996 (resized).jpegA95DB41D-D39D-4AED-AC79-BA3718D02996 (resized).jpegC199A667-7484-4289-A766-167872FEB1F5 (resized).jpegC199A667-7484-4289-A766-167872FEB1F5 (resized).jpegCAD23AD0-2E2C-4914-A14B-A8029305E1E3 (resized).jpegCAD23AD0-2E2C-4914-A14B-A8029305E1E3 (resized).jpegFA888C08-70CF-4806-96E6-9C71C17ADF5C (resized).jpegFA888C08-70CF-4806-96E6-9C71C17ADF5C (resized).jpeg

#5038 1 year ago

Awesome story! And nice flip btw!!

#5039 1 year ago

Just curious if anyone has changed the color of their rubber rings. I'm assuming a lot of people installed Titans which I am looking to do. I saw PM_Jeremy video on his Pinball Mayhem YouTube channel. Great video BTW Jeremy. Nice tutorial on the upgrade. I like the look of the white but was wondering what others are doing. If you have changed yours to other colors or translucent can you post some pics on what yours looks like? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Also has anyone done the custom logo? What software did you use to do it? Thanks!

#5040 1 year ago

Great story about your original cactus canyon. The game is great and I just can’t stop wiping away the drool thinking about what they can do with the code update. I hope it’s so successful that other code updates become available for older games for a price. Wishful thinking I know, but it would be interesting to see how a pay for code market would work and if it’s feasible or not. Or how many potential buyers do you need to consider doing a code update on 90s games.

#5041 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Also has anyone done the custom logo? What software did you use to do it? Thanks!

I just used paint for this quick logo. I want to dress it up more. This pic is from tomorrows video on setting the game for original code with original dots (thanks Cell Processing for the tip!)

logo (resized).JPGlogo (resized).JPG
#5042 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinster5000:

Great story about your original cactus canyon. The game is great and I just can’t stop wiping away the drool thinking about what they can do with the code update. I hope it’s so successful that other code updates become available for older games for a price. Wishful thinking I know, but it would be interesting to see how a pay for code market would work and if it’s feasible or not. Or how many potential buyers do you need to consider doing a code update on 90s games.

It’s not that it can’t be done, because look what ChadH did to a lot of data east games, including Jurassic park, he polished games like those to perfection.
I think it comes down to $$ and demand… in which case, would wouldn’t want better code if it meant a little extra $$?
Better code is the best mod there is imo.

#5043 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I just used paint for this quick logo. I want to dress it up more. This pic is from tomorrows video on setting the game for original code with original dots (thanks Cell Processing for the tip!)[quoted image]

Saw that in your videos. Be nice if you could download the CGC logo file and edit it. Use a better paint program as well. I tried to make one using Paint. I was going to try to install it but my card reader isn't working. Either that or the micro SD card is caput.

#5044 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Just curious if anyone has changed the color of their rubber rings. I'm assuming a lot of people installed Titans which I am looking to do. I saw PM_Jeremy video on his Pinball Mayhem YouTube channel. Great video BTW Jeremy. Nice tutorial on the upgrade. I like the look of the white but was wondering what others are doing. If you have changed yours to other colors or translucent can you post some pics on what yours looks like? Thanks in advance!

I have light blue Titans in my machine.

20220726_195727[1] (resized).jpg20220726_195727[1] (resized).jpg

#5045 1 year ago

THAT'S IT! I MADE UP MY MIND......when my LE comes, i'm burning some vacation days!!! I CAN'T WAIT...WhooHOOO!!

#5046 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Edit: Also has anyone done the custom logo? What software did you use to do it? Thanks!

Changed out the standard black rubber to translucent (besides the post rubber)and went with black super bands on the flippers. I think the translucent rubber helps brighten up the game.

1AD8DFEC-7915-4431-86DD-FC98FB03C0A1.jpeg1AD8DFEC-7915-4431-86DD-FC98FB03C0A1.jpeg83FC08C6-A62E-46BB-A378-E09DC85A7EAC.jpeg83FC08C6-A62E-46BB-A378-E09DC85A7EAC.jpegB8C214EC-AF1B-4CEE-9390-DA5152410DC3.jpegB8C214EC-AF1B-4CEE-9390-DA5152410DC3.jpegFD39E9A9-CDF0-4380-9EB1-528247A59E77.jpegFD39E9A9-CDF0-4380-9EB1-528247A59E77.jpeg
#5047 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

I have been meaning to make a quick video for Cactus and other machines I’ve been asked about. Here you go:

#5048 1 year ago

So excited to get this bad boy installed! Will take a few days for me to get to it (wooorrrrk!) but wow! What a great looking topper!

EA75C965-293D-4172-9A60-CC073A43BF2F (resized).jpegEA75C965-293D-4172-9A60-CC073A43BF2F (resized).jpeg
#5049 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

So excited to get this bad boy installed! Will take a few days for me to get to it (wooorrrrk!) but wow! What a great looking topper! [quoted image]

Wait a sec, Is that home made or something? How’d you pull that?
Love the detail.

#5050 1 year ago

Pickin up my backglass tmrw at Next Level, made my cactus flashers and have 2 more ideas for the game. Patiently waiting for our LE

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.