(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,429 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 minutes ago by Wildbill327
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 309.
#4951 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Extension, not totally new. There’s an entire section on the upgrade in the FAQ including a link to an interview with Josh. Also see the “Completing Cactus Canyon” presentation under “What took so long?”

Thanks, sorry that I missed that, great FAQ section!!

I'm so excited now that I know more about the game, everything is A++

#4952 1 year ago

Has anyone heard any rumors of when the LE's might start shipping out?

#4953 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Read back two pages. 6 weeks

#4954 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I doubt the upgrade will disappoint. I know it will surprise. I’m buying the kit as soon as it’s available next year and I suspect most LE and home owners will too.
Put me and anyone that upvotes in the “just not care” camp.

I'm right there with you. As soon as pre-orders are available I'm putting my deposit down or pre-purchase... whatever that case will be.

#4955 1 year ago

I can already see my future stack of CCr backglass's building up. haha. The original glass, the mirrored glass, and perhaps an "Extended" code version of the glass if one is offered with the upgrade kit. Bring it on! I'm all in on this.

EDIT/ADDITION - And then the mirrored new updated code version once that is released...

#4956 1 year ago
Quoted from toofast:

It really bugs me when people ask questions on a topic or subject that has been discussed multiple times in multiple areas, just because they were too lazy to do a little reading or run a couple of searches.
Thanks again

Like this?

Quoted from Yesh23:

#4957 1 year ago

Yeah MrMikeman, like that...

#4958 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I think everyone that ordered got them already

#4959 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

“When will I get my game?” - The most frequently asked question and the most updated answer in the last few months.

Perfect example of why there is an FAQ.

#4960 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

“When will I get my game?”

I am pulling this out for that answer

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4961 1 year ago
BCACF23A-B1E2-4026-8986-3368F3432BC5 (resized).jpegBCACF23A-B1E2-4026-8986-3368F3432BC5 (resized).jpeg
#4962 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

My guess 2 -4 months....when CGC says 6 weeks it usually means at least 12

#4963 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

My guess 2 -4 months....when CGC says 6 weeks it usually means at least 12

Can my friend have your spot? I don't think you'll make it

#4964 1 year ago

Ohh yes. Just need CCr beside it to keep it company!

Richard

D0EC8F0F-0FCE-49A1-AF8F-62BE88D330F7 (resized).jpegD0EC8F0F-0FCE-49A1-AF8F-62BE88D330F7 (resized).jpegD281BC6F-9A82-4BCD-959E-A4B9E3454589 (resized).jpegD281BC6F-9A82-4BCD-959E-A4B9E3454589 (resized).jpeg
#4965 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Nah....I don't want to ruin my streak of waiting years for all my CGC games

#4966 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I heard @ptownpin’s game will be delivered last to ensure he won’t be disappointed by CGC’s schedule.

#4967 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Ohh yes. Just need CCr beside it to keep it company!
Richard
[quoted image][quoted image]

You have caught the sickness!!

#4968 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I heard PtownPin’s game will be delivered last to ensure he won’t be disappointed by CGC’s schedule.

Ok, comedy gold right there.

#4969 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I heard PtownPin’s game will be delivered last to ensure he won’t be disappointed by CGC’s schedule.

I wouldn't be surprised....summer 2023

#4970 1 year ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Don’t ask questions in here!!! They don’t like people asking questions. They really hate conversing with people and they’ll try to belittle you and scream about the FAQ…..

#4971 1 year ago

Quoted from MooButt:Don’t ask questions in here!

You can ask questions ? Just nothing negative about CGC!

#4972 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

You can ask questions ? Just nothing negative about CGC!

God forbid anyone talk smack about CGC's short comings ....especially jfh who I'm convinced is getting perks from CGC

#4973 1 year ago

I wonder what will happen to this thread once LEs start shipping. There will be nothing to discuss. I’ll be busy playing lol.

#4974 1 year ago
Quoted from Ivanhoe:

I wonder what will happen to this thread once LEs start shipping. There will be nothing to discuss. I’ll be busy playing lol.

People will find something to whinge about, probably complain bout the splinter they got from the wooden apron or the plaque is slightly discoloured……there’s always a Ptownpin in every thread

#4975 1 year ago

Im still pumped for my LE.

I'm 55 in December.
I'll be level up with patience

Looking like early 2023 by the time we get LEs down under.

Thats ok with me

#4976 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:People will find something to whinge about,

How about this? Anyone have Bart’s hat come off? Short of glue, is there a secret to reattach? It doesn’t seem to snap on securely and won’t stay on.

In a couple months of ownership I’ve had the legs cut the cabinet decals, the plunge score bonuses before the ball makes it up the ramp and now this. I have MMr, AFMr, MBr and have not had a single problem with any of those. Very disappointed.

4D62A511-920E-4603-851B-DF2259B5928C (resized).jpeg4D62A511-920E-4603-851B-DF2259B5928C (resized).jpeg7DEFE9FB-70F1-4309-B1D1-9B43676446A6 (resized).jpeg7DEFE9FB-70F1-4309-B1D1-9B43676446A6 (resized).jpeg
#4977 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

God forbid anyone talk smack about CGC's short comings ....especially jfh who I'm convinced is getting perks from CGC

2D0967E9-FD25-4366-97AF-502D6E87DA37.gif2D0967E9-FD25-4366-97AF-502D6E87DA37.gif
#4978 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

People will find something to whinge about, probably complain bout the splinter they got from the wooden apron or the plaque is slightly discoloured……there’s always a Ptownpin in every thread

Hey! I’m not whinging! Who’s whinging?! That guy over there! He’s been a whinger since way back; I would whurry about him!

#4979 1 year ago

Anyone heard any news on when the LEs won't be shipped?

#4980 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Tomorrow

#4981 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Damn. I’m slipping. That one isn’t in the FAQ.

#4982 1 year ago

I have yet to see the animation with poly tied to the tracks.... it shows on Chicago Gaming's site but just a generick picture of a train on the right with words on the left....
Screenshot_20220821-213242_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220821-213242_Chrome (resized).jpg
Is this what it's supposed to look like? Cause this would be 100 times better than what comes up on my SE
20220821_213641 (resized).jpg20220821_213641 (resized).jpg

#4983 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Bart’s hat come

Bald Bart.... little high gloss wax ...see the playfield from his forehead!

#4984 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Anyone have Bart’s hat come off? Short of glue, is there a secret to reattach? It doesn’t seem to snap on securely and won’t stay on.

The hat is (supposed to be) molded on to the lift rod into the square shown at the bottom of your picture (the back of the hat). If superglue doesn’t hold it, I’d ask CGC for a replacement.

#4985 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

I have yet to see the animation with poly tied to the tracks.... it shows on Chicago Gaming's site but just a generick picture of a train on the right with words on the left....
[quoted image]
Is this what it's supposed to look like? Cause this would be 100 times better than what comes up on my SE
[quoted image]

I've seen her getting up from the tracks when rescued like the middle of the pics, but have not noticed enough of the animation to see what all goes on, keeping my eye on the ball as it were.

#4986 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

After you see the one on your display you won’t see the others until you hit the center (train) ramp.

#4987 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

I have yet to see the animation with Polly tied to the tracks.
[quoted image]

Those animations show when you shoot the ramps to complete the Polly objectives. They're usually something you see when other people are playing. It's a blink and you miss it situation.

Here's a video from one of my livestreams. The video will start just as I start the rescue Polly from the tracks. While I miss a few shots I get to her in a minute.

-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#4988 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Those animations show when you shoot the ramps to complete the Polly objectives. They're usually something you see when other people are playing. It's a blink and you miss it situation.
Here's a video from one of my livestreams. The video will start just as I start the rescue Polly from the tracks. While I miss a few shots I get to her in a minute.
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

Thanks for the vid... yeah I suppose that's why I've never seen it come up. LOL Guess I'm just never fast enough when I look up to see the animations. Too busy watching that ball.

#4989 1 year ago

I will be installing art blades, but I don't see any instructions or a video on how to remove the CCr playfield. There's no helpful handle mounted at the back end of the PF like recent Stern pins. And that CCr hinge mechanism looks really tricky. Disconnection of the cables does not look very easy, either. Has anyone done this? Thanks.

#4990 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I will be installing art blades, but I don't see any instructions or a video on how to remove the CCr playfield. There's no helpful handle mounted at the back end of the PF like recent Stern pins. And that CCr hinge mechanism looks really tricky. Disconnection of the cables does not look very easy, either. Has anyone done this? Thanks.

You don't need to remove the playfield to install art blades. I'd suggest the wet method...I use soapy water. You can usually push the playfield a bit to each side to provide enough room to install them. I do this with a buddy helping since a second set of hands is really helpful

#4991 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Cary Hardy up a video on Youtube with his approach if you want to take a look:

#4992 1 year ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Agree with the above comment. No need to remove the pf to install art blades. If you have a system, ignore the following! It’s tricky to do alone, but with 2 people it’s not bad. My wife helps me, and we’ve installed many sets. The wet method is also helpful, or you can apply them with two people by keeping the blade pulled taught, until the person in the back lines it up where you want it (we use the hinge holes for the head hinge bolts as a guide, but don’t assume you can center the hole in your blade over that bolt hole, sometimes they don’t quite match up perfectly without the blade sitting too high or low) and keeping the blade just slightly below the channel for the pf glass. Then we both press each end and then smooth it all down. That’s the key, imho to perfect placement, keep it 1/8 inch or more below the channel, or it will peel. We have a system for it, but there are other ways. But pulling the pf out isn’t 100% necessary. We just installed different blades on our CCr. Here are ours…

A018C805-C88A-48F0-9280-3D406662A6C4 (resized).jpegA018C805-C88A-48F0-9280-3D406662A6C4 (resized).jpegD6696E07-B186-4398-8DA4-248D4910EE23 (resized).jpegD6696E07-B186-4398-8DA4-248D4910EE23 (resized).jpeg570F8B08-97C9-4403-BC9F-B6A1101BF435 (resized).jpeg570F8B08-97C9-4403-BC9F-B6A1101BF435 (resized).jpeg
#4993 1 year ago

Added some buildings too…

3C3F9696-6345-4A33-924D-E880D2A8367B (resized).jpeg3C3F9696-6345-4A33-924D-E880D2A8367B (resized).jpegD525060B-7CC6-4D67-9FEA-9427850E1B18 (resized).jpegD525060B-7CC6-4D67-9FEA-9427850E1B18 (resized).jpeg
#4994 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Added some buildings too…
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Where did the buildings come from?

#4995 1 year ago

Got my CCr SE last week. My legs don't appear to be rubbing/crimping the cabinet, and the speakers sound fine at 8 or at 20. There was an issue with the flippers that required a new flipper pawl (Ryan at CGC was very helpful), but otherwise it's been playing great.
I notice that hitting the beer mug and sending it flying up doesn't always register a hit. Is that the norm, having to really hit it dead on?
This is not only my first NIB but it's my first game period. Already learned how a flipper works! Really enjoying it so far, but hoping I don't have to learn to solder any time soon. I bought some Ninja balls and was going to wait until the originals were worn, but from other posts, it sounds like I should just put them in now. Is switching on new rubbers as important? Or should I just upgrade to Titans (or similar) when the old ones wear?

#4996 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

I notice that hitting the beer mug and sending it flying up doesn't always register a hit.

Leaf blade switch behind the metal flap. Clean it, adjust so it's more sensitive.

LTG : )

#4997 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

Got my CCr SE last week. My legs don't appear to be rubbing/crimping the cabinet, and the speakers sound fine at 8 or at 20. There was an issue with the flippers that required a new flipper pawl (Ryan at CGC was very helpful), but otherwise it's been playing great.
I notice that hitting the beer mug and sending it flying up doesn't always register a hit. Is that the norm, having to really hit it dead on?
This is not only my first NIB but it's my first game period. Already learned how a flipper works! Really enjoying it so far, but hoping I don't have to learn to solder any time soon. I bought some Ninja balls and was going to wait until the originals were worn, but from other posts, it sounds like I should just put them in now. Is switching on new rubbers as important? Or should I just upgrade to Titans (or similar) when the old ones wear?

The only reason to change rubber right away is if you want a different color. “Non-designer” rubber works just fine, in fact some prefer it. The only rubber you need to change with any frequency is flippers and slingshot rubber. Every few hundred plays or when you see wear. Other rubber on the machine can go for years if you keep the pf clean. Enjoy your game.

#4998 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Nice! Where did the buildings come from?

OldWestMiniatures on Etsy. They have a saloon, gunsmith, outhouse, hotel, etc. different sizes, 1/87 are small enough to fit.

#4999 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

Congratulations!! Great that you got such a super game for your first. It took me years before I got a nib pin.

I rarely switch rubbers. I used to switch more often, manly for color aesthetics but don’t find they play any better and now I’ll just stick with black or the pink eraser color.

#5000 1 year ago
IMG_2880b (resized).jpgIMG_2880b (resized).jpgIMG_2882b (resized).jpgIMG_2882b (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,429 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/100?hl=crazypinballguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.