31%

(299 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00526 (resized).JPG
B9355399-8B97-48AF-967D-37A9D7FE55B9 (resized).jpeg
0F96AA63-7CB9-41B5-9AAE-C4108FE93333 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 9.08.15 PM (resized).png
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 3 years ago

It sounds like it won’t be long now before the rumor becomes reality. Will you be in on this title, hard pass, or will it depend on the rumored code updates?

#2 3 years ago

I think it really comes down to what they do with the code. I love the theme and have enjoyed the pin for what it is, but for me to be interested in buying the code will need to be more complete.

#3 3 years ago

More idle gossip of CGC releasing a game soon?

#4 3 years ago

Nope, it would not be a good fit for my collection

#5 3 years ago

Only if it's reskinned as PTC

LTG : )

#6 3 years ago

No, Cowboys and guns send the wrong message. We are all in this together and should be more inclusive.

Guess I should have made it clear this was sarcasm before the down vote brigade gets their cankles up/

#7 3 years ago

How many CGC prognostication threads do we really need ? CC will always be a hard pass, no matter if they rewrote the code from the bottom up or top down. Maybe it's the crappy western theme... yeah that's finally putting it in literal terms, I'm just not that into leather, cactus, and rattlesnakes... wait, where do I live again?

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I'm just not that into leather

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Only if it's reskinned as PTC

We really need to get LTG a PTC

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

We really need to get LTG a PTC

I’m pretty sure he has one!

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m pretty sure he has one!

I'm pretty sure he don't.

LTG : (

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Maybe you don't know that you have one!

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Oh. My mistake. I thought you had all of the JJP pins at SS. Maybe that’s the one you don’t have

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I thought you had all of the JJP pins at SS. Maybe that’s the one you don’t have

I have all the JJP pins except GNR at SS.

I don't have a Game Plan PTC.

Now I'm doubly sad.

LTG : ( : (

#16 3 years ago

Not interested but eager to see the original themes in the future. The remakes are ok but don’t generate much anticipation for me.

#17 3 years ago

There is no way they release this game without a improved / complete code option. My guess is that they do have new code but it is not the same as epthegeek ‘s CCC.

#18 3 years ago

CCC feels polished and has that silly/fun factor.

The standard by which all others, incl CCR, are measured?

#19 3 years ago

The only thing that really attracted me to this game was its rarity. I always thought gameplay wasnt that good.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My guess is that they do have new code but it is not the same as epthegeek ‘s CCC.

Agree. Ive always liked the shots with theme enough and CGC does a good job down to their classic price point. A complete code is definitely a key for me.

#21 3 years ago

Looks there is 0% chance this happens but if they did release a new code that made the game incredibly deep (not just a little deep) I would be in.

#22 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Looks there is 0% chance this happens but if they did release a new code that made the game incredibly deep (not just a little deep) I would be in.

0%? Rick from Plantery has already confirmed this is on the list.

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

0%? Rick from Plantery has already confirmed this is on the list.

He confirmed new code? That’s the part I’m saying is 0%

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Game Plan PTC.
LTG : ( : (

Punchy is an Alvin G game.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

He confirmed new code? That’s the part I’m saying is 0%

Ah ok. Still saying there is no way they rerelease the game with the same code. So 0% wrong.

#26 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

I'm just not that into leather

Cows, steers, longhorns, brahma, saddles, cowboy boots, chaps, holsters, bandelaros, belts, buckles... all have one thing in common....

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Ah ok. Still saying there is no way they rerelease the game with the same code. So 0% wrong.

Based on what? CGC should have released MB with new code and they didn’t.

#28 3 years ago

Only if it's updated/improved code for me.

#29 3 years ago

CCC maybe. I enjoyed this game the few times I played the upgraded (Continued) version. I'd be out on just CC tho

#30 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Based on what? CGC should have released MB with new code and they didn’t.

CGC knows that the code as it sits is not complete and isn’t well received. Not anywhere close to MB as far as needing code. Without a code update they wouldn’t get a ton of sales and they know it.

#31 3 years ago

Why exactly can they ad more code to mb or afm? Mb could use more modes

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Why exactly can they ad more code to mb or afm? Mb could use more modes

Do they even employ anyone capable of creating and coding a pinball rule set?

#33 3 years ago

Hard pass. It's rare, but it's really not that great even with the 2.0

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Do they even employ anyone capable of creating and coding a pinball rule set?

I believe they do. Especially since they are moving into their own titles.

Now being able to do anything to Williams' code is a different matter.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hard pass. It's rare, but it's really not that great even with the 2.0

too bad it's not a different title (I don't think CC will sell that well).

1 month later
#36 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

How many CGC prognostication threads do we really need ? CC will always be a hard pass, no matter if they rewrote the code from the bottom up or top down. Maybe it's the crappy western theme... yeah that's finally putting it in literal terms, I'm just not that into leather, cactus, and rattlesnakes... wait, where do I live again?

Why will this be a "hard pass?" With all due respect you admitted on your own attempt to protest it as the now 100% certain choice for game #4 that you were "overwhelmingly" rejected in a thread that has now become classic for its spectacular repudiation. So many of us out here in pinball world (save for "The Law" and a few others) are super-excited about this game and we see the theme as unique and alluring. (right YOU see it as crap I know). Nobody is forcing you to buy it. Wait for game #5 then (likely Big Bang Bar). And I guffawed at the supreme irony of your "How many CGC prognostication threads do we need" quip since you yourself engaged on that front in no-holds-barred fashion, even attempting to negate the title that now is all but certain to be announced very soon for #4. Of course you had the right to say that. Like many others I have all three CGC re-makes and am planning to add CC.

#37 3 years ago

I already have a CCC, but I'm sure any new pin will sell like hot cakes in this COVID-19 stay at home environment!

#38 3 years ago

Recently bought an MBLE. It maybe the best looking game I have owned. It is built like a tank and the small problem I had with it on opening the box was remedied by CGC. SO I got to admit I am impressed. I am a former owner of the original MB and turned it out of the collection pretty quickly. This time, set the game up pretty hard with no ball save. Must admit, the game is a lot better that way. That being said, I have always wanted a CC. IF CGC does put one out, I will be looking for two things. First can they match the MBLE in overall presentation (trim, topper, enhanced light show, etc.). Most likely this will be accomplished. Second, what do they do with code? This is the big question. Imagine what Lyman would do today with the MB playfield and the ability/hardware to store more intricate code than in the mid 90's? Do not know if the code upgrade will happen, but If upgraded I most definitely could be a buyer.

#39 3 years ago

My AFM remake's playfield looks like a sheet of glass and retains that B/W feel-amazing quality. I'll probably be purchasing from CGC again.

#40 3 years ago

I am a fan of the CGC-quality. Hoping to see W2O, Totan, TAF or TZ next!

#41 3 years ago

It will be released......soon.........

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

And I guffawed at the supreme irony

You must be fun at parties... everyone wants to own a CC until they actually own it, then they question all the reasons they rationalized the high end purchase, then they look for a sucker, er, I mean buyer to take it off their hands but at an even higher price than they paid for it. Sort of like a Christmas fruit cake... keeps getting regifted because nobody really wants to eat that crap, CC keeps getting foisted upon the unsuspecting collector because it’s so “rare” but just like the fruitcake, it has been around a long time, people say they really like it, yet nobody really does.

Of all the CGC remakes, I bought the one I liked to play the most, that I haven’t played a lot of, and it continues to bring a smile to my face when I play it. My MBrLE isn’t going anywhere. No matter what CGC does to CC, it will always be lipstick on a pig in my book, and yes, I DO have the right to say it.

#43 3 years ago

Yes, you have the right to say it...but how many times do you need to state your feelings? Enough, we get it. You are not going to buy CC.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

You must be fun at parties... everyone wants to own a CC until they actually own it, then they question all the reasons they rationalized the high end purchase, then they look for a sucker, er, I mean buyer to take it off their hands but at an even higher price than they paid for it. Sort of like a Christmas fruit cake... keeps getting regifted because nobody really wants to eat that crap, CC keeps getting foisted upon the unsuspecting collector because it’s so “rare” but just like the fruitcake, it has been around a long time, people say they really like it, yet nobody really does.
Of all the CGC remakes, I bought the one I liked to play the most, that I haven’t played a lot of, and it continues to bring a smile to my face when I play it. My MBrLE isn’t going anywhere. No matter what CGC does to CC, it will always be lipstick on a pig in my book, and yes, I DO have the right to say it.

WRONG! WRONG! I have been playing the game for many years and I assure you I can be fun even at pedestrian gatherings. I play it at the Sunshine Laudromat in Brooklyn and at the Asbury Park Silverball Arcade regularly or until the pandemic comprised the pinball situation in a big way. I actually began playing it the year after it released at another New Jersey pinball palace in Morristown, New Jersey and it remains a huge favorite of my wife's and oldest son's. And this is with the limited code mind you. We love the theme, the toys, the lights and the general flow of the game. As that thread you posted can attest to there are many, many fans of the game and this is largely the reason CGC is moving ahead with it. You can't assume people who love this game are saying so without having been a veteran game player on it. But good luck on your own pinball adventures.

#45 3 years ago

I really hope there are at least 4 or 5 other titles they do before this one. Rarity, and being the last "real" pinball Bally/Williams drives the price here, not actual play. It only plays as good as a fishtales or Dr Who. And I don't see these two titles being remade anytime soon. I have had 3 CC machines and every time I get one it reminds me why I traded it out of my collection. Abd most high end games when they make it into my collection don't go anywhere. Also, to compete with new games like G+R and others, it's really a tough sell, IMO. If you make 500 CC machines all of a sudden it isn't rare anymore and all of them will be worth $5K or so.
Possibly if they do the continued software I guess it might help. But still 4 or 5 other titles they could do without a license issue. BBB is easily my 1st choice. CV, or TOM would also sell very well. If no licensing issues TAF, IJ, or TZ would also be easy choices that would FLY off the shelf and compete with anything from Stern or JJ or Spooky.

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from Bublehead:

Everyone likes different stuff. MB is fun but I wouldn’t call it a keeper title either. I love my AFMr and MMr but have a hard time considering the MBr base model. And that game used to go for 10 to 15 k too.

#47 3 years ago

Safecracker is another high priced due to rarity but the game sucks.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

I really hope there are at least 4 or 5 other titles they do before this one. Rarity, and being the last "real" pinball Bally/Williams drives the price here, not actual play. It only plays as good as a fishtales or Dr Who. And I don't see these two titles being remade anytime soon. I have had 3 CC machines and every time I get one it reminds me why I traded it out of my collection. Abd most high end games when they make it into my collection don't go anywhere. Also, to compete with new games like G+R and others, it's really a tough sell, IMO. If you make 500 CC machines all of a sudden it isn't rare anymore and all of them will be worth $5K or so.
Possibly if they do the continued software I guess it might help. But still 4 or 5 other titles they could do without a license issue. BBB is easily my 1st choice. CV, or TOM would also sell very well. If no licensing issues TAF, IJ, or TZ would also be easy choices that would FLY off the shelf and compete with anything from Stern or JJ or Spooky.

I respect your position which is well conveyed here, but CGC is all-but-certain to announce CC in the upcoming year as their next game. (#4). Insiders have given enough compelling information to confirm this. I applaud this decision and will order the game immediately. I know tons of others will as well who chimed in with abandon at Bublehead's protest thread. As to the "4 or 5" other games you are anticipating (which will follow CC) I will harmlessly predict in this order: Big Bang Bar (#5); Theater of Magic (#6) and then ONE of THESE for #7: TOTAN, TAF, White Water; CV.

#49 3 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

TAF, IJ, and TZ will likely never be remade.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

TAF, IJ, and TZ will likely never be remade.

My friend, there has been considerable dialog about the prospects of TAF being re-made by many other pinsiders. Yes there are some rights issues that could involve cast members that will complicate things (unlike the easy navigation of Monster Bash's Universal figures) but the title is spectacularly popular and even with 20,000 made (most beat up over these 30 years) there is an unending desire to see it done again with a fabulous topper to boot. You could be right, but I think it may still happen.

IJ and TZ are wide bodies and also immersed with substantial rights issues. I also don't see them happening or at least not until CC, BBB, TOM, TOTAN, TAF, CV and WH20 are first explored and/or made.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-are-you-in-?hl=farfromheaven26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.