31%

(299 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC00526 (resized).JPG
B9355399-8B97-48AF-967D-37A9D7FE55B9 (resized).jpeg
0F96AA63-7CB9-41B5-9AAE-C4108FE93333 (resized).jpeg
Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 9.08.15 PM (resized).png
There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

0%? Rick from Plantery has already confirmed this is on the list.

Cool! Where can I see the full list of games that CGC will be releasing?
Seems like it will take a long time for multiple to come out no?
Thanks!

#52 3 years ago

Some seriously fairweather fanage going on here.

Mbr LE is maybe the most beautiful pin of all time, they'll knock this one out of the park as well.

They'll likely do a brand new ruleset on top of the original you can switch between. Likely heavily inspired by CCC but my guess is they're gonna tweak the hell out of this as well. We know there are rumors of them making their own title so this would be a great way for them to springboard into that.

I think the title choice is absolutely perfect provided they flesh out the rules, I'm in blind on an LE without question. I literally dont need to see it, it's gonna be a 10/10 just like mmr royal and mbr le, I promise you.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

Some seriously fairweather fanage going on here.
Mbr LE is maybe the most beautiful pin of all time, they're knock this one out of the park as well.
They'll likely do a brand new ruleset on top of the original you can switch between. Likely heavily inspired by CCC but my guess is they're gonna tweak the hell out of this as well. We know there are rumors of them making their own title so this would be a great way for them to springboard into that.
I think the title choice is absolutely perfect provided they flesh out the rules, I'm in blind on an LE without question. I literally dont need to see it, it's gonna be a 10/10 just like mmr royal and mbr le, I promise you.

Nice enthusiasm!! I think you are correct!!

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Safecracker is another high priced due to rarity but the game sucks.

LOL, Safecracker is a really fun machine with a very different approach to pinball (definite Pat Lawlor twist).
But, as with every machine out there, it isn't liked by everyone, and just saying it's only expensive because it's rare isn't a fair assessment. There are plenty of haters out there for any title, not trying to change your mind (as pointless as arguing chocolate vs. vanilla). SafeCracker is an awesome pin IMO, the rarity just makes it more unique.

I hope they do produce a CC with updated code, will be an interesting release.

#55 3 years ago

I’m curious to see what they do with it. I’ve always enjoyed CC when I’ve played it. It’s weird, I don’t really like Westerns, but I like Western games like Sunset Riders & Wild Guns...CC appeals to me in the way that Champ Pub appeals to me as a Punch-Out fan.

#56 3 years ago

Looks like they may be pivoting away from CC?

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Cool! Where can I see the full list of games that CGC will be releasing?
Seems like it will take a long time for multiple to come out no?
Thanks!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/monster-bash-remake-this-game-is-scary-good-chicago-gaming-company/page/2#post-4127913

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You heard that? Maybe another title ? When will we be able to buy it!?

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

My friend, there has been considerable dialog about the prospects of TAF being re-made by many other pinsiders. Yes there are some rights issues that could involve cast members that will complicate things (unlike the easy navigation of Monster Bash's Universal figures) but the title is spectacularly popular and even with 20,000 made (most beat up over these 30 years) there is an unending desire to see it done again with a fabulous topper to boot. You could be right, but I think it may still happen.
IJ and TZ are wide bodies and also immersed with substantial rights issues. I also don't see them happening or at least not until CC, BBB, TOM, TOTAN, TAF, CV and WH20 are first explored and/or made.

TAF, IJ and TZ will never be remade without a *considerable* increase in pricing. Ex: Illumination owns the rights to TAF purchased in 2019. Illumination in turn is owned by Universal, who is owned by NBC who is owned by Comcast. In addition to the layers of corporate fluff, is it really worth it for CGC?

Licensing costs for desired IP is astronomical, especially when parts of said property are deceased.

#60 3 years ago
Screen Shot 2021-01-04 at 9.08.15 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-01-04 at 9.08.15 PM (resized).png
#61 3 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Ex: Illumination owns the rights to TAF purchased in 2019

Illumination only acquired the rights for their animated movie. They don’t own the IP.

#62 3 years ago

Well, Rick the Redwood did say three years ago not too far away. Or is it Rick Treebeard?

0F96AA63-7CB9-41B5-9AAE-C4108FE93333 (resized).jpeg0F96AA63-7CB9-41B5-9AAE-C4108FE93333 (resized).jpeg
#63 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Curious as to why you think this??

#64 3 years ago

Are the making the game now? How long after they announce what it is can we buy it?

#65 3 years ago

Are the making the game now? How long after they announce what it is can we buy it?

Hype right up to the day they announce game #3. Speculation can be fun, even though this is pinballs safe assumption.
I poke fun at Rick but he’s done a good job making sure CGC isn’t shipping junk like other overpriced pins.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Hype right up to the day they announce game #3. Speculation can be fun, even though this is pinballs safe assumption.
I poke fun at Rick but he’s done a good job making sure CGC isn’t shipping junk like other overpriced pins.

Cool! Yes I love my afm se! How soon after they announced #3 could you buy it?
Trying to decide on my 2nd pin. Mb or cc(?).

#67 3 years ago

Curious if There a slated release date for this title as no shows currently to have a proper unveiling

#68 3 years ago

Cool! Yes I love my afm se! How soon after they announced #3 could you buy it?
Trying to decide on my 2nd pin. Mb or cc(?).

Well you can contact CGC and leave a message. They’ll contact you usually by email any info.

B9355399-8B97-48AF-967D-37A9D7FE55B9 (resized).jpegB9355399-8B97-48AF-967D-37A9D7FE55B9 (resized).jpeg
#69 3 years ago
Quoted from underlord:

Well you can contact CGC and leave a message. They’ll contact you usually by email any info. [quoted image]

Cool! Sent them a email. Maybe I’ll call them later. Ryan is the guy I ask for?

#70 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nope, nope, nope. Fake news. They are NOT pivoting away from making CC, which will be announced very soon. I spoke to two well-known pinball distributors directly in the past three weeks (one I actually bought a machine from) and they CONFIRMED that their dialog with CGC ended any speculation.

CACTUS CANYON is being made NOW. Game is over. Done. Confirmed.

#71 3 years ago

What’s the latest street pricing structure on CGC games?

#72 3 years ago

Nope, nope, nope. Fake news. They are NOT pivoting away from making CC, which will be announced very soon. I spoke to two well-known pinball distributors directly in the past three weeks (one I actually bought a machine from) and they CONFIRMED that their dialog with CGC ended any speculation.
CACTUS CANYON is being made NOW. Game over. Done. Confirmed.

#73 3 years ago

Cool ! Any update on the code? Thanks!

#74 3 years ago

was there ever any doubt? it has been widely known they are just taking forever to make and release the damn thing.

#75 3 years ago

Good to hear. Since you are in the know, what have you heard about the 2 original themes they are working on? Are the Ben Heck and Nordman games ready to go as fast follows to CCr?

#76 3 years ago

Anybody want to sell their CCR LE:s topper with boards? [I was first to ask, so I will get first dibs on the reasonable priced CCR LE toppers then]

#77 3 years ago

anyone know when this cc is actually coming out? we are now into year 3 with chicago gaming releasing another pinball. i believe mb was in 2018.

#78 3 years ago

A large pin distributor that I have bought many pins from and trust says it is Cactus Canyon is the next CGC pin. The hold up is the writing of new code and features. Expected to be ready late March/early April. Again, just more rumors, but I believe this guy.

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26: CACTUS CANYON is being made NOW. Game is over. Done. Confirmed.

I’m disappointed. No doubt it will sell, but with a long list of great games with completed code to pick from, why choose one that required new code?

Like most pinball enthusiasts, I’ve never played CC, because who’s ever even see one in the wild? Now add the fact that even if I had played CC, this will be a different game because of the new code.

I assume the price tag might be in the MMRE range rather than the MBRLE range because of the relative value of a CC vs a MB, so why would I plunk down $10k for a game I’ve never played?

Wish it was TOM...

#80 3 years ago
Quoted from haveaniceswim:

I’m disappointed. No doubt it will sell, but with a long list of great games with completed code to pick from, why choose one that required new code?
Like most pinball enthusiasts, I’ve never played CC, because who’s ever even see one in the wild? Now add the fact that even if I had played CC, this will be a different game because of the new code.
I assume the price tag might be in the MMRE range rather than the MBRLE range because of the relative value of a CC vs a MB, so why would I plunk down $10k for a game I’ve never played?
Wish it was TOM...

I think cc is on par with the other remakes. I know some folks complain on the code, but it's a fun game. Limited depth, but the layout and call outs are great.

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I think cc is on par with the other remakes. I know some folks complain on the code, but it's a fun game. Limited depth, but the layout and call outs are great.

If there were thousands of CC games out there there wouldn’t be a remake. It’s being remade because it is rare and has a high value not because it is regarded as a fantastic shooting game.

#82 3 years ago

Most games made since CC are better than CC (along with most WPC games). Many are quite a bit better. There will be a lot of disappointed buyers if they haven’t played CC before in my opinion.

#83 3 years ago

Hard pass, let’s see something new!
Make it mid 90s WPC / Bally inspired. Create a theme, load it with toys and RGB LEDs and I think the pin community would be a better place. I understand they are a business and people want CC and it would sell... but can’t help but think a new pin would be better.

#84 3 years ago

CGC makes a high quality pin and I'd normally buy sight unseen but CC is not rated all that well- I'd have to play it first.

#85 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

CGC makes a high quality pin and I'd normally buy sight unseen but CC is not rated all that well- I'd have to play it first.

It's OK game compared to other A list 90's titles. Let's see WMS IJ. I'll pay more for it.

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from DrJoe:

Most games made since CC are better than CC (along with most WPC games). Many are quite a bit better. There will be a lot of disappointed buyers if they haven’t played CC before in my opinion.

I disagree. CC is a fantastic game. It is better than Attack from Mars imo. It is almost as good as MM and MB. People will lap this remake up.

#87 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Fair enough though the ratings are mostly based on incomplete code And it’s current 15k plus market value. Not worth 15k but at CGC pricing with upgrades they typically introduce this Is a really fun game and will sell very well.

#88 3 years ago

If it's just as good as AFM count me in. AFM and EHOH are my favorites

#89 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Fair enough though the ratings are mostly based on incomplete code And it’s current 15k plus market value. Not worth 15k but at CGC pricing with upgrades they typically introduce this Is a really fun game and will sell very well.

Exactly, great game with CCC, not so much without it. I’m guessing most who have rated it did so with the unfinished code.

#90 3 years ago

The 4 games played of Cactus Canyon the one time i saw it in the flesh. I enjoyed the game as it was. I don't have a beef with western theme either. With so few plays didn't see any code shortages. For quote "such a bad game and weak code" the price says otherwise. I think like any pinball you either like or you hate it and its currently carrying a big price tag so expectations are set very high because of it and when it doesn't deliver it's get dumped on. Would i buy one if price was right yes but at outer space prices no.

#91 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

If there were thousands of CC games out there there wouldn’t be a remake. It’s being remade because it is rare and has a high value not because it is regarded as a fantastic shooting game.

Respectfully disagree. Nobody is remaking a game if it isn't fun to play. There are plenty of afm out there and they made that.

#92 3 years ago

I've played it in person and it was a ton of fun. I play it on the iPad, while I know its not the same, it gives you a flavor of what you are going to get with the real game. Code wise. Unless they unleash something different. Code wise. I love the randomly placed drop targets. I wish other games had more of that.

#93 3 years ago

It’s frustrating to be a CGC fan ... the time they take between games is way too long. With that being said I must say that they produce TOP NOTCH games without a doubt. I will be in because its Chicago Gaming because I know what an amazing job they do! So count me in!

#94 3 years ago

Love this game on virtual pinball. Real ones are always better yet so I'm in.

#95 3 years ago

I'm glad for CGC because they make the originals devaluate which allows me to pick them up.

#96 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I agree. The continued software made it better than TOM as well. TOM is so pretty and I got him home and 2 weeks later had it on pinside for sale. I could not get rid of it fast enough.

#97 3 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I agree. The continued software made it better than TOM as well. TOM is so pretty and I got him home and 2 weeks later had it on pinside for sale. I could not get rid of it fast enough.

I don't get why people say this about TOM. Mine flows like water, the shots are perhaps some of the best feeling shots in pinball period. TOTAN on the other hand, I can see why some don't care for it.

#98 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

It’s frustrating to be a CGC fan ... the time they take between games is way too long. With that being said I must say that they produce TOP NOTCH games without a doubt. I will be in because its Chicago Gaming because I know what an amazing job they do! So count me in!

well said. their support is definitely A+. i had a target break on AFM and they had me a new piece in days. their online ticket system works and their follow up is strong. I too wish they would move it with more new games. but when you buy from them you know what you are getting, which is pretty high quality. i want to get arcade legends 3 because of that. i don't trust the 1up games. i've never played one, but they look cheap are priced too low.

#99 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I don't get why people say this about TOM. Mine flows like water, the shots are perhaps some of the best feeling shots in pinball period. TOTAN on the other hand, I can see why some don't care for it.

Agree on TOTAN. So glad I never drug that one home.

1 month later
#100 3 years ago

I would be the first in line to buy it! I really hope its the next one or being a remade game at all. Love it and miss it. Huge regret selling it and this would end that regretful misery

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 37.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 146 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-are-you-in-/page/2?hl=captainmuddflap and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.