Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by whthrs166
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

So while I am waiting for my monster bash le to arrive, I decided to buy 3 discs of the pinball arcade for my ps4 and I have been having a lot of fun playing them. I have played visual pinball in the past and am lazily making my own virtual pinball cab... Not in a real rush, as even at its best its just a video game emulation... Still virtual pinball in any realistic form can have benefits. Learning the rules and getting a strategy in place for playing a table... And even learning the video modes for games is a great benefit.
FYI really liked what the pinball arcade people did. As I said I came from a Visual Pinball background, and really what they did blows VP away in terms of look and gameplay. Cab functionality of course if better in VP... Anyway...
So I have been playing a lot of cactus canyon. Just an amazing game. And Straight Down the Middle got me thinking wouldn't it be great if they did remake a Cactus Canyon.
Now a lot of people say the game isn't complete. But, it seems pretty good to me. Really good. What needs to be added?
I do think they could do a better end game match, but thats a minor thing. But, I would like a real match as I think its just numbers and no real animation that fits the theme. While I do like deep games, and I do think deep games play better for the home use crowd. I don't mind if a game is as deep as Monster Bash, as long as its good.
And I kind of hope Cactus Canyon is the next remake from CGC... Then Tales of the Arabian Nights would be sweet to have.

#2 5 years ago

https://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2006/index8.html Scroll down about 1/3rd of the way to the design team's fireside chat at Expo and listen for yourself.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

https://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2006/index8.html Scroll down about 1/3rd of the way to the design team's fireside chat at Expo and listen for yourself.
LTG : )

Wow... A lot to get through. But, I think I shall listen to that tomorrow at work. Thanks.

#4 5 years ago

An alternate option for Cactus Canyon is this...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project

....a truly brilliant addition to this game that was created by a member here on Pinside. Only downside is you have to own the original game to be able to enjoy it and a remake will most likely never include this significant upgrade.

#5 5 years ago

If you are ever in the Denver area give me a shout, you can come by and play my CC with continued. All your questions will be answered!

#6 5 years ago

And I just completed showdown mode in pinball arcade. Again... Not the real thing, but seeing the mode is seeing the mode and all it took was one weekend of playing... So yeah... The game is still very shallow. But, its very beautiful and great world underglass. Part of a 3 pin collection no way. But, a 5 or larger I still think the game would be great. Especially since how many hours do you need to play just one pin.

#7 5 years ago

Continued for Cactus Canyon is a whole different world. It is a must have for CC owners and takes the game to a whole new level. Just one example: The Tribute mode allows you to play CC's version of other titles like MB, MM,SS,TAF,CV,AFM ect... you get the call outs and videos from those games. Cowboys and Aliens mode is Awesome and gives a nice special tribute to AFM. CCC sums up the 90s era games from W/B on the last conventional pinball machine from Williams.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-question-1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.