moother (resized).png
D38F2F0E-EEFC-482A-8D8C-EECCB1A4D57C (resized).jpeg
cactus-polly (resized).jpg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi-z2 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#88 11 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

As for this bit - maybe something like that could be what you get for a match, instead of a "Free game". Hit the match? Whoa! Back into action you go! Hmm..

Yes!!! Many times I thought how cool that would be as a setting in adjustments.

You could animate it with ten scaffolds. the match number drops the trap door on that scaffold. If there isn't a match, he hangs. If there is a match, the rope breaks, and he runs into the saloon kicking up his heels from side to side.

The man goes up to the barkeep whose back is turned. The man say, "Barkeep, give me another!"
The barkeep spins around and a close up shows him bang a pinball on the counter. The trough fires a new ball into the shooter lane at the time the ball hits the counter.

Dan

1 month later
#101 11 years ago

Man, this is gonna make it even harder if I have to sell my CC.

Dan

#118 11 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Yet another thing I completely forgot to do at Expo.

Dude!

Dan

#122 11 years ago

Sir EptheGeek, Savior of Cactus Canyons from the Distant Land.

Dan

1 week later
#147 11 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

One thing that should be made clear about working with P-ROC: Once you switch the system over to that, you have no access to the original code at all. You can't just make changes to an existing game. Anything in CCC that runs like the original was re-built from nothing.

Sorry for the inane question, but it is reversible if anyone wanted revet back to the old code?

Dan

#155 11 years ago

Eric:

Just ordered the P-ROC. Please send a copy to me at dkakd at aol dot com. Like James, looking forward to helping out.

YIPPEE PARDNER!!!!!!!!!!

Dan

#158 11 years ago

What do you all think about using a Chromebook to run the software? Not expensive ($249) and seems to have adequate specs - 1.7GHZ processor speed and 2 GB RAM.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6869096&id=1218810049489&type=product#tab=specifications

Maybe I will just use the chromebook for business and personal use because I prefer the portability of the smaller size and use my current HP i5 with 2.5 GHZ and 8.0 GB RAM to power the P-ROC.

Any recommendations?

Dan

#160 11 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The chrome book runs googles specialize OS, doesn't it? That would mean the drivers would have to be compiled for that -- which I'm not sure is trivial. So I guess the answer is maybe, but it would be a lot more technically involved than setting it up on real windows or linux.

Well, there you go. Looks like it's the HP in the CC. Thanks Eric. Gotta love this place.

Dan

#165 11 years ago

P-ROC board came in the mail today! Just need to download the software and get about bug hunting on my CC.

Dan

1 week later
#177 11 years ago

I sent my CCC update up this weekend. Ep was very helpful helping me sort out the setup . Looking back, not difficult but that is with hindsight.

I am running the software on my HP laptop, Windows 7, i5-3210m @ 2.50 GHz, 8 G RAM, 64 bit operating system. The processing of the gameplay is very quick, there is a lot going and this makes the game to seem to have quite a frenetic pace unlike the original sw. It is going to take some time to figure out the rule set.

EB animation is cool. My arms are still a bit short for drunken multiball. Going to work on training my brain. C vs A cool mode. Ambush seems an fun but hard feature. Multiple Polly scenarios enhance gameplay. Additional sounds and animations are done really well I think and give the loop, orbit and ramp shots greater depth. I like the harder mother lode mode and the chance to restart it. It is the one thing on the badge that will be hardest to complete; I have yet to get it.

Going to mod the audio board to handle the audio output from the laptop.

I am glad to be helping report bugs to ERic, but it is kind of a bummer when your are having a good game and a bug rears its ugly head ending it!

Great job Eric, not only with the creativity but with the bedside manner as well.

Dan

1 week later
#208 11 years ago

ETG:

Incredibly cool! Looking forward to this.

Dan

Quoted from Drano:

Cactus Canyon doesn't have a knocker?

Drano:

Aeneas Verhe has instructions on his site; www.flippers.be

http://www.flippers.be/cactus_canyon_knocker.html

Dan

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 month later
#238 11 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

How is everyone running sound? Anyone modded the sound board? I would like to get it set up like that but my soldering skills are pretty weak.
Just popped the translite off and finally about to get this going.

Marc:

It is not an involved conversion. If you want, get the needed parts and ship me those and your your board. I'd be happy to do it for you.

Dan

#241 11 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

wow thanks. I may attempt it but if not I'll pm you.

However I can help, let me know.

Dan

#246 11 years ago

Ran into a bug yesterday. I haven't played it in a while and think I have the most current version from EP. If others running CCC could see if this occurs in your game, that would be helpful.

In showdown, while the ball save is on, let a ball drain. If the game does not send a ball into the shooter lane, try to keep the one ball alive and see if the game does anything odd. On mine, it stayed in the mode for a while, lit the indicator for BG#2 as if it was raised when it wasn't waiting for me to drop it and stayed kinda crippled until the ball drained.

Also, are the audio levels a little wonky at times?

Dan

#248 11 years ago

It is a same set of bugs that I reported a while back. I'll check the revision, but the trough code would be independent of the BD#2 bug and showdown continuing with one ball, no? I guess unless the trough code in that mode wasn't recognizing when the ball drained.

I don't notice levels drop on what whould be background to let other samples stand out. The whole audio loses volume and then picks back up.

Dan

#251 11 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Aah. That sounds more like something wonky with the wired connection. It certainly shouldn't be doing that (and doesn't on mine that I've noticed).

I doubt it has anything to do with the wiring as it isn't intermittant but seems mode related. I did noticed the same thing when I was running it through my laptop speakers or into a stereo, so that would seem to eliminate the sound board. It's not my laptop because the loss of level doesn't occur on any other audio.

Dan

#252 11 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Dan, I have the same bug.

Wondering if others do too.

Dan

#254 11 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Well then give me more details so I can look for the same things on my end. I'd love to make it right if it's really wrong, but I need to know what I'm listening for.
E

Sure, of course. I will try and spend some more time on the game and get back to you. Did you get the report on soldmypinbugs or is there a new way to report things back to you?

Dan

#257 11 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The trough code was pretty good at losing track of how many balls were in play in certain situations which causes all kinds of weirdness. Not that the drop target not being up is part of that, but the rest of it is. I haven't seen showdown do what you're describing yet on my machine, but I'll some more focused testing to see if I can force it. Is it always just target #2 that fails to rise? And only during showdown - like, it works normally in gunfight/quickdraw/etc ?

From what I remember, and please check the report log because I think I reported it a couple other times, it is only #2 and only during or after showdown, BUT it isn't that the target should be up and it isn't, the game is indicating that it should be up when it shouldn't so it stays in that mode waiting for you to drop the target to proceed onto the next reset of the targets, which it never gets to because the target isn't up. I think this is how it happens. It stays like that till the ball drains.

I will take the glass off and see what I can do to recreate it.

Dan

#259 11 years ago

BAll drained buring ball save in SD and was served right up to the shooter lane, so that is taken care of.

Dan

#262 11 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Im going to get the parts for the av board ant take MrWizzo up on his offer.

Let me know. Offer still open.

Dan

1 week later
#273 11 years ago
Quoted from MarcG:

Just to let you know I have someone local helping me out this week. I do appreciate the offer.
I'll get to playing this eventually :p

Cool! I am glad you'll get it up and running. Simple mod to the AV board really. Enjoy!

Dan

1 week later
#276 11 years ago

Very fair price considering what it cost me to build one.

Dan

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrwizzo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project?tu=mrwizzo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.