moother (resized).png
D38F2F0E-EEFC-482A-8D8C-EECCB1A4D57C (resized).jpeg
cactus-polly (resized).jpg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi-z2 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djb_rh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#681 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Playing around with some non-dot graphics for fun. Anybody want to make a really cool looking "DOHO" screen in 1280x320?
Note: The crappy randomizing shown in the video is already addressed.
» YouTube video

I love it. No reason to stay with dots for everything, IMHO.

--Donnie

1 week later
#708 10 years ago

Eric, I found a wifi dongle that's supposed to work with this version of Ubuntu. Once the next update is ready, I'll try to configure it and let you know if it works or not. If so, it'll be an easy button for people who wanna network their CCC's via wifi. I think it was $15 shipped via Amazon Prime.

--Donnie

5 years later
#1412 4 years ago

While we wait on the next code update...

Are there any other fairly complete re-themes using P-ROC? Other than this and BOP? I've done some poking around but either there are not (I see a TOTAN in the works, but not much else) or the discussion is happening somewhere else?

--Donnie

1 year later
#1467 2 years ago

So some of your questions I can’t answer, but the ones I can…

First, returning the game to stock wouldn’t be hard at all. WPC95 CPUs and the AV board you need can be found fairly easily, then you’d just need to pick up a CC ROM, also no real problem. Seriously, I wouldn’t sweat that, but I also wouldn’t personally bother as CCC is so much better. I mean I kept my boards when I converted my game, but I’ve never had thoughts of returning them.

As for replacing the Shuttle, it may be possible to find an exact replacement used on eBay, but I think pretty much any small form factor PC will work. I wouldn’t sweat this part. But as for bothering, first I’d try pulling the Shuttle, popping it open, and looking at the PCB solder joints for the HDMI connector. If it works with pressure just right, then it’s probably just a bad solder joint or two, and re-flowing with a soldering iron and a tad bit of fresh solder should fix it fine.

—Donnie

#1474 2 years ago
Quoted from Radius118:

I like that idea. Is there an easy-peasy how-to on how to accomplish this?

In an ideal world, someone could upload a complete SD card image that could be used. With that, it would be pretty plug and play otherwise, I think. The only local config you might want to do that I can think of would be to put your Pi on the network if you wanted to for future updates, but even that wouldn’t be *necessary* if you were just going to do updates via SD images. *shrug*

—Donnie

#1487 2 years ago

FYI, RPi’s can suck a LOT of juice. Like 3A by themselves. So be careful where you power it from. You are correct, though, that they have no integrated power switch.

But there is another way to *avoid* corruption….but it will require a little hacking. You could just keep everything mounted read-only. Maybe move the high scores and the game settings to a small partition and remount that rw when you need to update something and then back to ro when done. You can do that so fast that it’s *unlikely* someone would hit the power switch while it’s happening, anyway, and even if they did it’s a reasonably small thing to fix.

Pretty sure my machine has the CSSC, which is probably the best way to handle it. An RPi can be made to shutdown cleanly very quickly.

—Donnie

#1490 2 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

I asked from Scott Danesi whether his Computer Startup and Shutdown Controller would work with Raspberry Pi and he answered:
"If the RPi has a shutdown and startup button header, it should work"

You can definitely make GPIO control startup/shutdown.

And yeah, Compy, you are correct. That’s why I said “with some hacking.” I’ve done it, but it’s been a few years ago to setup a UPS monitor to network bridge. And, well, in a former life I did a little bit of Linux hacking. Cool that you’re able to help out on this, and much appreciated!

—Donnie

3 months later
#1514 2 years ago

Any work been done to make the Pi run mostly with the file systems mounted read-only? I’d think the only time they’d need to write would be high scores and any audit data? Would make needing to do anything special with the power (for clean shutdowns) unnecessary, which would be nice.

Pretty cool that a Zero is enough horsepower for this, too.

—Donnie

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djb_rh.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project?tu=djb_rh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.