moother (resized).png
D38F2F0E-EEFC-482A-8D8C-EECCB1A4D57C (resized).jpeg
cactus-polly (resized).jpg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi-z2 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1314 6 years ago

I installed CCC a month or so ago and finally have it setup so that the computer boots automatically by turning on the pinball machine's power.

However, what happened today, was that I played a game with a friend and my friend had a really long game on "drunk multiball" and on top of that "mine multiball". After all the balls were played, the game was supposed to end, but for some reason the game did not notice this. It did a couple of time also the ball search, but for some reason did not notice that all the balls had already drained. Also I've noticed that on occasion that game for some reason does not play in manner that it would register all the shots properly. I've noticed that a restart of the pinball machine helps in this regard. Has there been discussion on this issue - the game does not complain of any switches, so could there be some glitch between the computer and p-roc now?

Also I had a lot of humming and static in the loudspeakers. I take sound out from the headphones-plug in the computer and it goes into Lepin amplified and from there to loudspeakers. What are the best practices to get the static into control - should one turn down the headphone volume in the computer or what? I think mine is there at the max now.

Thanks for any info! Hopefully this is the correct thread to ask, even though my questions were not purely code-related!

#1315 6 years ago

My CCC seems to play quite well now and I managed to sort out the humming/static issue in the loudspeakers as well.

But when playing the game today, again after Drunk Multiball, after ca. million balls had been shot to the playfield and all the balls had drained, the game did not understand to quit. Instead it kept searching for balls that were already in the ballthough. This is my problem currently with the game, but apparently other people do not have this problem? Any clues on how to sort this out would be great to get!

EDIT: just to check - is it correct that in Drunk Multiball the game keeps firing new balls on the playfield for quite a long time? They all drain at some point, but the mode lasts for quite a long time.

#1317 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If I recall this is how Drunk Multiball works:
You get a 20 second ball save to start and all balls are fired out.
When you are down to 1 ball you get another 8 second ball save.
Mode ends when you drain all balls.

Thanks! My game seems to shoot endlessly balls to the game. Even without flipping the flippers, the mode lasts ca. 5 minutes and all the time its shooting balls to the game. There is something fishy there. The revision for my game is 2016.03.15 and I believe its the latest.

#1319 6 years ago
Quoted from Mocean:

I obviously don't know for sure, but to me it sounds like a CC hardware problem, maybe a trough issue? I don't think it's a CCC software problem, but rather how it's responding to an intermittent issue with your machine.

Thanks for the tip. I all other instances the game works fine though, the problem has occurred twice and both times after the Drunk Multiball mode. Maybe I should change/clean the opto-boards in the through just in case.

1 week later
#1320 6 years ago

I have managed to update the CCC-code for the software and it is now running quite well.

One problem remains: sometimes when I press the start button on the pinball machine, it terminates the CCC-program and all is left is Windows desktop and the arrow cursor.

Today I tested this by wiggling the wires that go to the start-button on the pin, but nothing happened, the program continued ok. But after the wiggling, when I pressed the start-button, it terminated the CCC-program. I was able to replicate this: wiggling wires and after that pressing the start-button terminated the program.

What could be the culprit here and what could I try to fix?

#1323 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, something is crashing. If you run it from a terminal window you should have output after the crash that would point to what caused it.

Thanks, I will try it!

#1324 6 years ago

Here is a video of what happens when I press the start-button and the CCC crashes (I does not do this everytime and it seems the wiggling of the wires to the start button had no effect on this, so that tip was a red herring):

And here are pics of what CCC says in command prompt, when it crashes. Hopefully you can help me fix this, thanks!

5 (resized).JPG5 (resized).JPG
4 (resized).JPG4 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG3 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG2 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG1 (resized).JPG

#1327 6 years ago

Oh damn, I think I unpacked all that I had. Should the file be called hitBetty.wav? I checked and I have ccc_sounds_20160314.zip, and its the latest I've got, but there is no such file in it.

I have:
betty-hit-dont-you-know.wav,
betty-hit-hey.wav,
betty-hit-ow.wav,
betty-hit-that-smarts.wav,
betty-hit-watch-it.wav

#1329 6 years ago

Hmm... I have those files.

Soundfiles (resized).jpgSoundfiles (resized).jpg

3 years later
#1436 3 years ago

It seems that the last updates are from 2018 and 2019: https://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php/Main_Page

4 months later
#1480 2 years ago

I will change my CCC infrastructure when this comes available! I wonder if the Danesi board would work with a RPi4 too?

#1489 2 years ago

I asked from Scott Danesi whether his Computer Startup and Shutdown Controller would work with Raspberry Pi and he answered:

"If the RPi has a shutdown and startup button header, it should work"

1 month later
#1498 2 years ago

I have not seen myself this happen, but my friends playing my CCC have reported that the computer had rebooted on some occasions.

What would be the best way to diagnose what is going on there? Should I start the CCC from a terminal window and would I that way be able to see what's up with the code or would rebooting the computer mean that its something to do with the computer system instead? In the latter case I guess I will need to wait for the code release for a RaspberryPi4.

So my question is, what is the best way to diagnose the problem when the computer reboots in the middle of the game?

#1500 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

With CCC, if the code crashes during gameplay; it’s just dead and you have to restart it. It’s got no recovery that would make it reboot.

Thanks! Its the computer then I guess. Well, I will put the RaspberryPi4 version then in, when its available.

4 months later
#1518 2 years ago

I need to check my audio wiring from you all CCC-users as when I listen to the audio on the backbox's
speakers, it seems that left speaker functions ok, but the audio on the right speaker is very low if not non-existent.

In my setup the audio comes from the computer's headphone audio to a groundloop isolator and
from there to the amplifier. From the amplifier's R+ and R- output the audio goes to the left speaker
on the speaker panel at the backbox and from amplier's "Super Bass" connector the audio goes to
the subwoofer inside the cabinet. I have not connected the amplifier's L+ and L- to anywhere.

The left and right speaker on the speaker panel are connected together as they originally were.

Please tell me how to correct this so that I could get sound also from the right speaker. Maybe
the fault is that the amplifier is not directly connected to the right speaker on the speaker panel?

Please see the pics. Thank you for any help!

IMG_2392 (resized).jpgIMG_2392 (resized).jpgIMG_2393 (resized).jpgIMG_2393 (resized).jpgIMG_2396 (resized).jpgIMG_2396 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#1526 2 years ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

It's hard to see what might be wrong, though you may have a bad connection around the right speaker. The first thing I did when I installed the CCC system was to put in better speakers as a stereo pair since that is what the amplifier provides (even if the sound samples are mono). I have since remixed some of the music into stereo tracks. It's a cheap and worthwhile upgrade in my opinion. Also upgrade your cabinet speaker with a subwoofer

I got a Pinsound speaker kit and replaced the old speakers, but replacing the speakers did not remove that static that I get before the game starts and which is there for a brief moment after the PC has shut down. It's non-existent when the CCC-program has started. I have a groundloop isolator that I have placed after the PC's headphone output and before the amplifier, but it does not seem to help.

How could I get rid of it? Strange issue, thanks for any help!

#1528 2 years ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

I would guess that your PC's audio output stage has some issues - maybe a leaky capacitor or noisy amplifier stage. PC sound can be problematic on older machines... I gave up trying to digitize my cassettes with my PC's line input but got much better results with a USB audio interface. Maybe time to get that Raspberry Pi up and running

Maybe this is the reason why I see the ground loop isolators on WPC-95 machines' loudspeaker cables. On the other hand, this is not a constant static, but happens only before and after the CCC-program has started. Maybe its because I have the PC on a master/slave power outlet as a master and slaves are the Lepy 838 amplifier and the LCD-monitor (?)

I will need to experiment with the Raspberry Pi for sure at some point!

2 months later
#1552 1 year ago

When playing CCC, I've noticed that on occasion the game loses the music and it returns then after the ball is drained and a new ball starts. What might be up with that? Thanks for any info!

#1554 1 year ago

Thanks for the info, for once its not just me

2 weeks later
#1555 1 year ago

I guess this is ok to ask here, so here it goes: I believe owners of CCC have now had experience playing CCR also. How does the CCC-code compare to the code of the CCR (I mean the code CCR came with)? Already we know several things missing from CCC-code on the CCR, but were there surprises for the benefit of CCR? Which code do you prefer?

1 year later
#1573 16 days ago

Gary Larson comic, which I found on the net, thought it fitting to share here: https://static1.cbrimages.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/far-side-cowboys-versus-aliens.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Nepi23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project?tu=Nepi23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.