moother (resized).png
D38F2F0E-EEFC-482A-8D8C-EECCB1A4D57C (resized).jpeg
cactus-polly (resized).jpg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi-z2 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi4 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bigdaddy1000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#305 11 years ago

Do any of you have a suggestion for a mini-PC that I can fit in the cabinet? i have most of the parts and was thinking about throwing something together, but I'm not sure which board/proc/chipset to purchase. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#307 11 years ago

Yeah, I've got it running on an Alienware 14" laptop right now, but I'd like to get something I can just plug in and forget (in the cabinet)...

3 weeks later
#337 11 years ago

Awesome... I got my CC yesterday and will be setting this up over the weekend. Can't wait. I honestly think the game is pretty good to start, so I can only imagine how good CCC is going to be.

#350 10 years ago

Eric, just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for all the ongoing efforts on Cactus Canyon Continued. I've only had it up and running for a few days now, but it is easily my current favorite game. I enjoyed CC before, but felt it was really limited. What you've done with CCC is nothing short of amazing! It makes this very high priced machine worth every penny. I can't get enough of the Alien's versus Cowboys and Drunk multiballs. So much fun.

Thanks again.

3 weeks later
#386 10 years ago

Count me in for one of the color set ups when available please.

Thanks again!

#398 10 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

One of the highlights for me at Expo 2012 was getting to meet Eric and a chance to try out his CC running with the CCC code. It was one of the most impressive undertakings that I have seen by an individual in pinball. The recent color display work is equally remarkable. The amount of time that he has into this project for the past year must be out of site. To top that all, he has made the code free to anyone who wants it. I don't have a CC (yet) but if I do, it will be running Eric's code.
As a small token of appreciation, I just sent 50 bucks to your paypal account. (I hope that I got it right) Wally

Great idea and I'd like to support. What is the paypal email?

#399 10 years ago
Quoted from He-Man40:

I have to say the new Super Skill Shot might be the best mode yet. I have seen a little, and I am very impressed as with all of Eric's hard work. The way he is going, Eric will never be done, because he keeps adding such cool stuff. I have 5 Color DMDs in my games, and Eric's color display is pretty much the same thing. Nice to use an already proven product. It is just too bad that Cactus Canyon is such an expensive game, and more people can't enjoy it. I thought I payed a lot 3 years ago when I got mine ($8500, Thanks GAP), but now it was a steal. Eric definitely made a ok fun game a great must own game.

$8500 - wow.... Makes my recent CC acquisition even more painful.

#403 10 years ago
Quoted from wallybgood:

Bigdaddy, I sent $ via paypal to [email protected] Wally

Wally - thanks.

Eric, you've got more money! Thanks again dude - loving the CCC.

2 weeks later
#442 10 years ago

Eric, please sign me up for a color kit! Can't wait. And thanks for fixing the ramp bottom thing - I would see that periodically too.

3 weeks later
#458 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Parts are all in. Building 4 ccc gaming station deloox editions. Wait, wrong thing - I just build computers. And they're all one edition:Awesome. 3 of 4 spoken for. #2 currently under the knife. Then I have to put together 18 lcds. Good times!

Laughing quietly...

#463 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

All the systems I built are already set up for that. Tap the power and it does an immediate safe shutdown -- so that part is good to go, on my stuff anyway.

FYI for those considering Windows 7 - this is standard functionality in the OS as well. Hit the power button and it will do a safe shutdown. You should disable automatic updates as well to avoid any unexpected reboots (assuming you have an active network connection) as well.

#474 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Cactus Canyon Continued is an open source project. All the code is readable and editable. I did this specifically because a lot of my ability to make this game came about due to learning from available source code of other projects. I wanted people to be able to use my project for the same purpose -- to learn from. I just didn't expect anybody to be brazen enough to hack in a bunch of ideas I rejected into my project and release it as their own.
At least with my changes to the original CC, the code had been dormant for FOURTEEN YEARS before I touched it. I've put a great deal of effort and consideration into the design and rules of the game. It's important to me that it's a quality project and not overdone or trashy.
I'm not sure I can even put into words how disappointed I am.

Did I miss something? What happened?

#475 10 years ago
Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

Did I miss something? What happened?

Never mind - I found it and puked a little in my mouth. Never liked that guy from the first video - guess my hunch was right.

#480 10 years ago

Mine arrived today!!! I had a few challenges getting things up and running properly - I'll post some notes tomorrow for anyone who might be running Windows 7.

1 week later
#488 10 years ago

That is awesome - what game is that from? CV?

#506 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

No. He actually emailed me to tell me it wasn't a worthwhile addtion and I should work on his "Bring the Train Safely Back to Cactus Canyon" mode he wants instead. Like I give a ...

What an ass clown. I can't believe this guy. I'm sure he is still sending that money over, right?

2 weeks later
#516 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

I found a good place to connect the audio from the headphone jack on my laptop to the audio board on the Cactus Canyon. No modifications required on the CC audio board, just convert the stereo to mono and connect the signal to the top of C9 and the ground to the bottom of C35. If you accidentally reverse the connections or touch the top of R14 you won't damage anything.
To do this, I used the following 10ft double shielded VGA cable with built in 3.5mm stereo cable from amazon (it has an extra long 3.5mm wire to attach to a laptop):
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015AAYZA/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00
To convert the stereo to mono, I used a female 1/8" inline phone jack from Radio Shack (part#274-0274), soldered a 1k resistor to each lug, connected the other ends of the resistors together, and soldered the "signal" red wire to them. The "ground", purple wire, was soldered to the ground lug on the jack. Finally, A mini-alligator clip was soldered to each wire. The mini-alligator clips seem to hold fine.
Sound is good without much hum. There seems to be plenty of adjustment range using the computer to set an initial volume and the coin door buttons to adjust around this level.

Awesome write-up! I'm going to give this a try - thank you so much!! I love this project!

1 week later
#532 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

I'm having trouble getting my color display to work properly. I had it to the point where the window for the CCC program would show, but the game image wasn't centered on the display and it was only about 2/3 the size of the display. I tried going into my computer's monitor settings (windows xp) and in desperation, changed the font size from normal to large and also changed the screen size and dpi settings. None of the changes worked, so I went back to the original settings with the 2/3 image. However, when I rebooted the computer and tried to run the CCC program, the game wouldn't start at all even though I didn't change anything in it. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Take a look at the Windows setup guide on the CCC WIKI - there are some helpful tips for fixing this.

#534 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

When I try to get the CCC program to run, the window says pyprocgame configuration not found at config.yaml. I don't understand this because the program was running before I tried changing the display settings and I did not make any changes to the config.yaml file.

Read the step by step install instructions on the WIKI - you'll likely need to change the path names in this file to get it to work. There is a sample file shown there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Bigdaddy1000.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project?tu=Bigdaddy1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.