moother (resized).png
D38F2F0E-EEFC-482A-8D8C-EECCB1A4D57C (resized).jpeg
cactus-polly (resized).jpg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi-z2 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi4 (resized).jpg
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 32.
#301 11 years ago

Thanks to those that made the long trek to the far back of the hotel to find CCC in the Ben Heck Experience room (actually next door to Spooky Pinball in an adjoining room - last second relocation).
I'll still be there for the full day Sunday, so if you're going to be a the show, be sure to stop by.

As usual, this much constant play on the game is great for me working out bugs. A few things turned up during play today that I haven't seen in my own testing. That kind of thing helps me out a lot, especially if I'm watching rather than playing when they happen.

Good times!

#302 11 years ago

I've been running CCC since this weekend (revision 2013.03.13), and I am SO impressed at what a difference Eric's code makes in this game!

I've had the game in my game room since May of 2012 (not my game), and I actually stopped playing it by September because I was bored with it! I suggested the CCC upgrade to the owner, and now...WOW!

Besides all the added features to make the rules and animation complete, the "frosting" goes above and beyond (Cowboys vs. Aliens could be the coolest multiball in all of pinball!).

One of the best things about this game, though, is how EVERYTHING looks like it belongs. It plays seamlessly as if Bally included it all originally! If someone didn't know CCC was an upgrade, the only thing they would think when they walked away would be, "I see now why that game is so expensive! It's freakin' awesome!"

I'll be taking this game to PAGG in May to share with all the west coast collectors. I hope they appreciate Eric's work as much as I do. After that, it's going back to the owner (sniff, sniff), and I'll never be able to afford one. : (

Mark Malmberg (Sparky) - Ceres, California

#303 11 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

One of the best things about this game, though, is how EVERYTHING looks like it belongs. It plays seamlessly as if Bally included it all originally! If someone didn't know CCC was an upgrade, the only thing they would think when they walked away would be, "I see now why that game is so expensive! It's freakin' awesome!"

This is exactly what my goal was from the start. If it hadn't turned out to be up to that standard (in my view at least) I wouldn't have made it available to others. I'm thrilled that's how it comes across to other people.

Thanks very much for the kind words, and I'm glad you're enjoying it. Feedback from the show should be fun!

#304 11 years ago

I would love to play one of these modded machines sometime. The videos are awesome and I hope more Bally Williams machines can get this treatment someday.

#305 11 years ago

Do any of you have a suggestion for a mini-PC that I can fit in the cabinet? i have most of the parts and was thinking about throwing something together, but I'm not sure which board/proc/chipset to purchase. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

#306 11 years ago

I have a broken dell 1545 Inspiron laptop in my CCC

I had a old tower but ram failed then power supply

Luckily the wife broke her LCD panel and I was all set

#307 11 years ago

Yeah, I've got it running on an Alienware 14" laptop right now, but I'd like to get something I can just plug in and forget (in the cabinet)...

#308 11 years ago

Just curious if anyone has had any issues installing Eric's latest update?

#309 11 years ago

I just wanted to say I'm in the club. Eric is some kind of pinball angel. He came over on Easter Sunday to help troubleshoot my installation. No problems wirh the update, but then again the man himself updated it for my special ass. Hugs and kisses ep, you're alright.
Jay

#310 11 years ago

I'm looking to pick this kit up real soon for my newly acquired CC. I have been reading nothing but raves about this, i'm pumped to get this soon.

#311 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

For anybody wondering, something went wrong with the file copy on Drano's last update that made the game unplayable. He hooked up team-viewer for me so I could pop in and check it out. Had him back up and running in a few minutes.

E

#312 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Mine crashed a couple times after install but is running fine now. You have any issues?

#313 11 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

I just wanted to say I'm in the club. Eric is some kind of pinball angel. He came over on Easter Sunday to help troubleshoot my installation. No problems wirh the update, but then again the man himself updated it for my special ass. Hugs and kisses ep, you're alright.
Jay

T'weren't nuthin', man. Happy to help.

#314 11 years ago

Still plugging away on coloring DMD art. Still have 200 or so animations to color. Sloooooow process.

But I got a cheap 16" VGA monitor that fits inside the head (with it's case removed) so at least the color I do have done can be in the proper place now. Whee.

#315 11 years ago

super nice

#316 11 years ago

Excellent work. Thanks again for all your efforts !

#317 11 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Still plugging away on coloring DMD art. Still have 200 or so animations to color. Sloooooow process.
But I got a cheap 16" VGA monitor that fits inside the head (with it's case removed) so at least the color I do have done can be in the proper place now. Whee.
» YouTube video

Is that done with new code you're writing?

Kim

#318 11 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Is that done with new code you're writing?
Kim

It's done with some tweaks i made to the pyorocgame framework's desktop rendering and adding in color data to all the dmd files. Can still run the dmd like normal, but also supports color output on an LCD.

#319 11 years ago

Just when you think it can't get any better....

#320 11 years ago

LOVE IT! You have exceeded our expectations - seriously.

#321 11 years ago

Fantastic Eric!
Will you be posting up a small how-to along with some product specs on what to buy... for those of us a little less technology literate?

#322 11 years ago

Wonder if you can somehow persuade the sound guys who originally worked on this game to give you copies of the original masters for music, sound effects, and voices for maximum 44KHz quality?

#323 11 years ago
Quoted from Drano:

Fantastic Eric!
Will you be posting up a small how-to along with some product specs on what to buy... for those of us a little less technology literate?

Once everything is finished and buttoned up I'll put together details (or maybe a kit) to setup the color screen action. But that's a ways off yet. tons of stuff still to color.

E

#324 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Wonder if you can somehow persuade the sound guys who originally worked on this game to give you copies of the original masters for music, sound effects, and voices for maximum 44KHz quality?

Not any real chance of this happening. I actually talked to Rob Berry who did the sound for the game a while back (and Tom Kopera and Matt Coriale) and the general reaction was "Interesting, you're on your own". I had originally contacted Rob hoping he'd be willing to record some new voice bits for the added code. He was the voice of the town drunk and the prospector. No go.

#325 11 years ago

Well someone still has posession of the masters. Why re-record the voice actors when you can just import the original masters before they were reduced in quality to use with the DCS system? Listen to some of the samples on the old Williams website, why would they go to the trouble to create the DCS system for superior quality and not go one step further on modern hardware? It's not like they have the overhead of actually creating these games anymore.

#326 11 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Well someone still has posession of the masters.

Sure someone does. But it's not anyone that has any interest in furthering my unauthorized project.

#327 11 years ago

Eric, you da man. Thank you for making a cool game with mehhh rules into a cool game with epic rules. Maybe Ill get out there and finish hooking it up so I can play them.

James

#328 11 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Once everything is finished and buttoned up I'll put together details (or maybe a kit) to setup the color screen action. But that's a ways off yet. tons of stuff still to color.
E

I'm in to be the guinea pig for the first color screen setup/kit if and when you need one. Whatever the cost.

Just need a few weeks notice so I can get my CC set back up in the game room.

#329 11 years ago

So the most recent person to get/run CCC mentioned that he missed the Custom Message feature from the default WMS software. It still amazes me the things I completely overlook based on my own use. I never used that in my pins, so it didn't cross my mind at all.

So I looked up what the stock WMS custom message does. It was kind of lame. 3 pages of 2 lines of 16 characters each, period. Blah.

So I rewired it! (grunt, grunt grunt)</Tim Allen>

CCC Custom Message is:
- Up to five pages (currently, could easily be more)
- Up to three lines of text per page - totally dynamic can handle 1, 2 or 3
- Each line has adjustable text size (5,7,9 or 12 pixels)
- Each line can be justified Left, Right or Center
- Each line can be set for a specific color for use with a LCD and CCC's in progress color display
- Each page can have a backdrop from a list of several choices

Video!

#330 11 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

So the most recent person to get/run CCC mentioned that he missed the Custom Message feature from the default WMS software. It still amazes me the things I completely overlook based on my own use. I never used that in my pins, so it didn't cross my mind at all.
So I looked up what the stock WMS custom message does. It was kind of lame. 3 pages of 2 lines of 16 characters each, period. Blah.
CCC Custom Message is:
- Up to five pages (currently, could easily be more)
- Up to three lines of text per page - totally dynamic can handle 1, 2 or 3
- Each line has adjustable text size (5,7,9 or 12 pixels)
- Each line can be justified Left, Right or Center
- Each line can be set for a specific color for use with a LCD and CCC's in progress color display
- Each page can have a backdrop from a list of several choices
Video!
» YouTube video

You sir are AWESOME!!

-
Rob Anthony
Pinball Classics
http://LockWhenLit.com
Quality Board Work - In Home Service
314-766-4587

#331 11 years ago

Very nice updates! I need to put more time in on mine.

#332 11 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Hey I get it. I haven't updated in a while. You do great work Eric.

#333 11 years ago

Now seeing that people will be running this on a PC with USB for Custom Message maybe down the road being able to use a keyboard to enter text.

1 week later
#334 10 years ago

I've heard Penn Jillette (of Penn & Teller) say that the only difference between people who perform magic (like Penn & Teller) and the average person that comes to their show is thousands of hours worth of work.

I present to you 8 hours of my life:

#335 10 years ago

Eric, I don't know much about your life, but that appears to be well worth those 8 hours!

Will that be included in the regular dots animation on a future update, or for the colorization version only?

#336 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Eric, I don't know much about your life, but that appears to be well worth those 8 hours!
Will that be included in the regular dots animation on a future update, or for the colorization version only?

It works fine without color too - and will be in the next update, if I can find/make decent sound effects for the ball hitting the horseshoe.

#337 10 years ago

Awesome... I got my CC yesterday and will be setting this up over the weekend. Can't wait. I honestly think the game is pretty good to start, so I can only imagine how good CCC is going to be.

#338 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Quoted from epthegeek:

It works fine without color too - and will be in the next update, if I can find/make decent sound effects for the ball hitting the horseshoe.

For those playing along at home: I took a stab at being a foley artist and managed to manufacture sound effects I'm pleased enough with (using a pinball and a shelf bracket of all things) to put the new ball save in the next update.

#339 10 years ago

if ready by next week lmk

i can update mine or try to LOL and host it at Allentown

#340 10 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

if ready by next week lmk
i can update mine or try to LOL and host it at Allentown

There's literally nothing else new in it since the last update -- but I can get it to you next week so that you can put it in before the show.

Edit: Oh wait, I take that back - I never sent you 4/17 with the rest that went out. So there is new stuff. Including the custom message system.

And be sure to close up your outlanes and set the max extra balls to 2, or even 1 so people don't play forever at the show (he says from previous experience).

Edit again: Ugh! I mean OPEN up the outlanes, not close. Make it harder. Context is right, word is wrong.

#341 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I've heard Penn Jillette (of Penn & Teller) say that the only difference between people who perform magic (like Penn & Teller) and the average person that comes to their show is thousands of hours worth of work.
I present to you 8 hours of my life:
» YouTube video

That's eight hours out of hundreds (thousands?) of hours you have already put into this game.

I feel the need to thank you on a daily basis... in person... with cash... and my wife...

Kim

#342 10 years ago

Uh, you dont have a wife unless you got marriad again recently. Maybe loaning them out is the reason they leave.

I have said this before and I'll say it again. Thank you for making a awesome themed game with a lame rules set a awesome themed game with a epic rules set. I still havn't figured out how to make it do all its tricks but I'm working on it.

James

#343 10 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Uh, you dont have a wife unless you got marriad again recently. Maybe loaning them out is the reason they leave.

Who said it was a loan?

Kim

#344 10 years ago

Who said it was a loan?

Funny stuff.

#345 10 years ago

Eric

Yes thanks for EB heads up lol

Make that bitch a 1 ball demo play lol

#346 10 years ago

Just a little "Woo Hoo" - I finally got around to applying enough brain power to figuring out the crossfade problem. The color crossfades don't look like trash anymore. Huzzah!

/still more dots to color

#347 10 years ago

After Eric and Wayne helped me for hours

Here is a sample of what's coming to Allentown

Enjoy !!!

YEE HAW !!

#348 10 years ago

It sounds like now is a good time to update. I haven't done it since the end of the year.
Howie

#349 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

It sounds like now is a good time to update. I haven't done it since the end of the year.
Howie

Good grief, man! There's so much that's changed since then, all for the more awesome.

http://www.pinballcontrollers.com/forum/index.php?topic=678.0

#350 10 years ago

Eric, just wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for all the ongoing efforts on Cactus Canyon Continued. I've only had it up and running for a few days now, but it is easily my current favorite game. I enjoyed CC before, but felt it was really limited. What you've done with CCC is nothing short of amazing! It makes this very high priced machine worth every penny. I can't get enough of the Alien's versus Cowboys and Drunk multiballs. So much fun.

Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.