moother (resized).png
D38F2F0E-EEFC-482A-8D8C-EECCB1A4D57C (resized).jpeg
cactus-polly (resized).jpg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi-z2 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi4 (resized).jpg
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 32.
#1401 4 years ago

Is it possible to time out the player initials entry screens after no activity, or is that a pyprocgame problem?
mike.

3 weeks later
#1402 4 years ago

Just revisiting this thread again after years of having my CC project in pieces.
I finally dusted it off and I'm happy to see this thread still going and Erik still supporting

I bought his kit maybe 4 years ago and it's still in box. I'm probably a dozen versions behind by now

I'm aiming to have it all back together and running before the new year. Fingers crossed.

#1403 4 years ago

I see a lot of fun in your future.

1 week later
#1404 4 years ago

Hello is anyone installed it on a Rasberry pi 3 and have some information on the procedure ?

#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I wondered about what more to do with the train too. Part of the problem with expanding CC is that you're stuck with whatever the hardware is, and there's not a whole lot to it.
One thing I do have in my notes is a 'MOVE YOUR TRAIN' (think "MOVE YOUR CAR") where it would move out to the center of the tracks, then shots to the left side move it forward, shots to the right move it back, and you have X seconds to move it X far one way or the other to 'win'. But I wasn't sure how to start it/award it. Maybe a random bounty award? or skillshot award?

I want Move your train Many visitors to my house are green players and this would be something fun they'd all enjoy without being too complicated. Getting the award could require more shots, they don't care about awards but they'd enjoy watching the train move more with their shots.

#1406 4 years ago
Quoted from BillR:

I want Move your train Many visitors to my house are green players and this would be something fun they'd all enjoy without being too complicated. Getting the award could require more shots, they don't care about awards but they'd enjoy watching the train move more with their shots.

Move your train is in the game. I think it's just off by default. Should be in the gameplay/feature settings.

1 week later
#1407 4 years ago

I had a crazy idea, and now several months (and several hundred dollars) later, it’s a real thing.

For Cactus Canyon’s 20th Birthday, I got it light up drop targets.

FB1B542C-F195-43CC-A640-46ABB90E0589 (resized).jpegFB1B542C-F195-43CC-A640-46ABB90E0589 (resized).jpeg

They’ll be yellow as soon as I get some yellow LEDs in. Forgot to order those, dangit.

CC was going to have lit drops when it was built, but they couldn’t find an affordable material that would take getting smacked with a steel ball and not crack. The terrible plot complication to the story is that you can’t get translucent targets for the special drop target style CC uses; so I’ve actually replaced all the drops with standard drop targets with knockdown coils. Those take up a different footprint under the game (so I had to replace two insert light boards with sockets) and need 4 more controlled coils to be able to operate. It was a ridiculous undertaking.

Many thanks to Josh from American pinball and Gerry from Multimorphic for helping me work out various details to get this stupid idea to work.

No, I won’t be selling kits.

#1408 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I had a crazy idea...

Lol. That's pretty awesome. I appreciate your tenacity!

#1409 4 years ago

Excellent. Please post some photos showing the changes you have made under the playfield.

#1410 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Excellent. Please post some photos showing the changes you have made under the playfield.

Pictures of the bottom of the PF are just a mess, because it’s so dense/busy. If you zoom in and squint you can probably make stuff out like the new sockets on the right/left but in general it’s like a where’s waldo picture. The alligator clips in this shot are from andres lit beer much btw, not my silly hackjob.

BDD39048-0FFA-4A7F-AC90-57EF90167BEC (resized).jpegBDD39048-0FFA-4A7F-AC90-57EF90167BEC (resized).jpeg
#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Pictures of the bottom of the PF are just a mess, because it’s so dense/busy. If you zoom in and squint you can probably make stuff out like the new sockets on the right/left but in general it’s like a where’s waldo picture. The alligator clips in this shot are from andres lit beer much btw, not my silly hackjob.[quoted image]

Thanks. When will you release the next code update?

#1412 4 years ago

While we wait on the next code update...

Are there any other fairly complete re-themes using P-ROC? Other than this and BOP? I've done some poking around but either there are not (I see a TOTAN in the works, but not much else) or the discussion is happening somewhere else?

--Donnie

#1413 4 years ago

How are you using light up drop targets? I was told the drops on CC were unique, one of a kind and that is why I bought a ton of them when they were available.

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How are you using light up drop targets? I was told the drops on CC were unique, one of a kind and that is why I bought a ton of them when they were available.

As mentioned in the original post, I replaced the CC drop targets with regular drop targets (which have translucent targets available). Then since I wrote the thing, I wrote optional code to handle the regular drop target mechs in place of the version CC comes with.

1 week later
#1415 4 years ago

sorry if this has been posted before, but was there ever a manual one can download that explains how to get into the settings of the game, and how to change and what settings do, rules, ect. ??

#1416 4 years ago
Quoted from tech25:

sorry if this has been posted before, but was there ever a manual one can download that explains how to get into the settings of the game, and how to change and what settings do, rules, ect. ??

You get into the settings (and change them) just like any other WMS game from that era. Hit enter on the coin door buttons.

There isn't really a fully detailed rulesheet write up - I kinda started one on the wiki, but then the webhost crapped out and I had to rebuild it and I never really got it back to where it was. What does exist is here: https://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php/Game_Rules

#1417 4 years ago

Hey epthegeek
I recently enabled move your train mode and found a problem.
I lose the ball during the mode and next ball it somehow loses track of where it is.
If I hit shots right the train will keep trying to go past the working limit switch and won’t stop.
Can you see if your game does the same?
Thanks

#1418 4 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Hey epthegeek
I recently enabled move your train mode and found a problem.
I lose the ball during the mode and next ball it somehow loses track of where it is.
If I hit shots right the train will keep trying to go past the working limit switch and won’t stop.
Can you see if your game does the same?
Thanks

Thanks, I will see if I can replicate it, but the code to reset things on a ball drain is definitely there - so there may be specific conditions that cause it to fail.

1 month later
#1419 4 years ago

thanks for this awesome update. question though... for the life of me i can not get the "move your train" to work. its enabled in settings, but never shows up on super skill shot, or never get it as a bounty award.

is there something i need to do before its a prize to get on super skillshot??

everything else seems to work.

#1420 4 years ago

When the game starts up, the train moves forward a bit (timed), and then back (until the home switch activates). If the opto switch for the train movement doesn't register much in that action, it marks the train as failed and then Move Your Train is disabled no matter what.

As long as that calibration isn't failing it should show up as a random skillshot award (regular skill shot) and a random bounty prize.

#1421 4 years ago

Any new updates in the works Eric?

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Any new updates in the works Eric?

I haven't released the latest code yet because I was still trying to chase down a bug in certain conditions in showdown, but I don't really have free time to work on testing/finding that presently. I'm also a little worried that all the stuff I did to add alternate control for controlled drop targets may have thrown in new bugs I'm not aware of.

#1423 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I haven't released the latest code yet because I was still trying to chase down a bug in certain conditions in showdown, but I don't really have free time to work on testing/finding that presently. I'm also a little worried that all the stuff I did to add alternate control for controlled drop targets may have thrown in new bugs I'm not aware of.

Looking forward to the new code when you get a chance to find the bugs and make it available. Do you have a log/list of changes available that explains the additions over the last couple of revisions?

5 months later
#1424 3 years ago

What type of color lcd do people install in their ccc ?

I've looked on aliexpress but most for raspberry pi are touch screen or too small..
Does anyone have a link to hdmi displays that fit as replacement for the original dmd ?

#1425 3 years ago

Im waiting

#1426 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

What type of color lcd do people install in their ccc ?
I've looked on aliexpress but most for raspberry pi are touch screen or too small..
Does anyone have a link to hdmi displays that fit as replacement for the original dmd ?

I think it’s this one:

https://www.pinballlife.com/lcd-screen-electronics-and-bracket-assembly-720p.html

But there is some brightness on the side. That’s also the one I’m using and same goes for indi P-ROC project.

2 weeks later
#1427 3 years ago

Are you anywhere near an update on this?

8 months later
#1428 3 years ago

I was an early tester of the CCC code but haven't kept up with the project. My latest sound and DMD files are dated 2012-11-21. Can someone let me know if there are later versions and can supply me with them if so.

I tried reaching out to Eric but he's radio silent.

Thanks!
Steve

#1429 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Gizmos:

Can someone let me know if there are later versions and can supply me with them if so.

I will pm you the location.

#1430 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Gizmos:

tried reaching out to Eric but he's radio silent

Yeah to advocate for him, he has been really slammed lately.

#1431 3 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I will pm you the location.

Could you please do the same for me?

#1432 3 years ago

I *think* I'm on the latest?

Are we able to come to a consensus as to the release date of latest code?

1 month later
#1433 3 years ago

Has he done any recent updates?

#1434 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

No, we know Eric is totally immersed in coding up R&M right now and into the foreseeable future.

I'm almost positive that the version on mine is from sometime in 2018 but can't check this week due to travel.

#1435 3 years ago

Min hasn’t been updated in years. I forgot where to get the new code and how to do it

#1436 3 years ago

It seems that the last updates are from 2018 and 2019: https://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php/Main_Page

#1437 3 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

There is a 2019 version of Continued, but it appears that it is not widely available yet. I do not see it on the website. The 2018 version is awesome and works well. I would recommend updating to the 2018 code if your running an earlier version.

#1438 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

No, we know Eric is totally immersed in coding up R&M right now and into the foreseeable future.
I'm almost positive that the version on mine is from sometime in 2018 but can't check this week due to travel.

Mine is November 2019! I have my back up computer I am going to sell running it too. It has the latest code. I have a amp also if anyone looking for a ccc ping me. If not I will keep it.

#1439 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Mine is November 2019! I have my back up computer I am going to sell running it too. It has the latest code. I have a amp also if anyone looking for a ccc ping me. If not I will keep it.

what do you want for it

1 month later
#1440 2 years ago

Question: On the original wpc95 cpu board is a ribbon cable which plugs into J201. Where does this cable plug into on the P-roc board? I have rev 3.0 board.

Also, how does one obtain just the mounting bracket? The one I have has a wpc bracket and I need a wpc95 bracket. What about the mounting spacers and screws which attach the P-roc cpu board to the bracket?

No phone number listed for Multimorphic.

#1441 2 years ago
Quoted from KenLayton:

Question: On the original wpc95 cpu board is a ribbon cable which plugs into J201. Where does this cable plug into on the P-roc board? I have rev 3.0 board.
Also, how does one obtain just the mounting bracket? The one I have has a wpc bracket and I need a wpc95 bracket. What about the mounting spacers and screws which attach the P-roc cpu board to the bracket?
No phone number listed for Multimorphic.

You can message us at [email protected], and we can issue an invoice. Just confirm you want a wpc95 mounting plate and hardware and include your shipping address. $20 + shipping.

- Gerry
https://www.multimorphic.com

3 weeks later
#1442 2 years ago

Nevermind, found what I needed

1 week later
#1443 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

what do you want for it

Sorry it sold quickly after posting that. It had the 2019 code on it.

#1444 2 years ago

Hey guys,

i got a Cactus Canyon from a friend loan for repair. So I want to install the CCC version from eric. All fine and it works with the fakepinpyroc. So now i tried to hook up all in the pin.

The Cactus Canyon has a "original DMD". So can someone help how to configure the CCC files to run with the original DMD? - With the LCD it works fine. But he want to keep his DMD.

Thank you

#1445 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Hey guys,
i got a Cactus Canyon from a friend loan for repair. So I want to install the CCC version from eric. All fine and it works with the fakepinpyroc. So now i tried to hook up all in the pin.
The Cactus Canyon has a "original DMD". So can someone help how to configure the CCC files to run with the original DMD? - With the LCD it works fine. But he want to keep his DMD.
Thank you

You need to put back your A/V board and replug it and you shouod be fine.

#1446 2 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

You need to put back your A/V board and replug it and you shouod be fine.

Ok... it should be plugged in, cause the dmd Shows "Proc Board and version"

The Sound also works (Windows Startup) but i dont see the Dots from cactus Canyon continued...

I'm dont know how i configure it right. At the Moment the Video Output ist the GPU but without an Output....

#1447 2 years ago

Does someone use the CCC with a normal DMD and can provide me his config for it?

#1448 2 years ago
Quoted from MightyGrave:

Does someone use the CCC with a normal DMD and can provide me his config for it?

If you can run the CCC with a LCD, it’s just a matter to put back the AV board on the backbox and replug it as it was originally with all the cables. There are 2 Cables to plug back to the DMD.

pinside11 (resized).pngpinside11 (resized).png
#1449 2 years ago

the game had a CCC Gamingstation before, but its broken and it worked with the original DMD.
So an LCD is not an option for my friend cause he want to use the DMD atm...

#1450 2 years ago

"The Cactus Canyon has a "original DMD". So can someone help how to configure the CCC files to run with the original DMD? - With the LCD it works fine. But he want to keep his DMD. "

Quoted from MightyGrave:

the game had a CCC Gamingstation before, but its broken and it worked with the original DMD.
So an LCD is not an option for my friend cause he want to use the DMD atm...

you mentioned it was working with fakepinwork, right? I think there is an option somewhere with activating the color, so might want to deactivate it then on config.yalm
then it's a matter of replugging the hardware with the dmd. Your issue is maybe more complicated than that otherwise.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project/page/29?hl=tech25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.