moother (resized).png
D38F2F0E-EEFC-482A-8D8C-EECCB1A4D57C (resized).jpeg
cactus-polly (resized).jpg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi-z2 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi4 (resized).jpg
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 32.
#1351 5 years ago

Awesome Eric! That is so exciting man. Looking forward to it.

#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Brushing the dust off this old thread ... whew.
Now and then, a CCC user will mention that they've got issues where the bad guy drop targets don't reset properly. Most recently pinsider mal7887 brought it up in relation to the MM tribute mode.
In the past, whenever someone brought this up, I'd check the way the code worked on my machine and things seemed fine - but I didn't really investigate very far. Today, I spent a bit more time trying to figure out what's going on. It turns out that it's likely a friction problem between the drop target and the lifting mech in most cases.
When testing it, if I carefully pushed back the drop target just enough to get it to fall, even though the coil disabled, the lifting mech wouldn't drop. The pressure from the drop target holds up the un-powered lifting portion. If I'd push back the target to give it a bit of space, the mech would fall and the target would reset normally. The CC targets don't have a 'reset' coil, they're just controlled in an upward motion. The 'reset' is controlled by springs and gravity.
Mine reset fine most of the time -- but I can definitely replicate the poor resetting some people have reported, and I can't find any way to help this situation with code, since there's nothing about the reset I can really control.
I'm not really sure what the best way to mitigate this is. Weaker spring forcing the drop target forward? Stronger spring pushing the drop mech down?
----
In other news, I'll package up a code update here soon for everybody. The only big change is the new voice samples for Betty Bart. Other than that, It'll just be bug fixes -- so, not real exciting.

Hey Eric.

Interesting issue with the drops. My thoughts on this would be possible fatigue/age in all 3 mechanism springs, plus possible magnetising/wear of the coil stop/lift arm over time. Maybe change all of them for new exact spec ones and see if any better. Its certainly one of the challenges we face for code rewrites on games that are ageing and with an unknown on the restoration level/depth etc I've seen a few similar things on indy where no amount of code can really solve a physical issue.

Just a thought anyway

2 months later
#1353 5 years ago

Can anyone here help with this?

Is there a way to bypass switch #18 on CCC? As far as i can tell in the manual, no such switch exists but i'm getting a switch error for it that i can't get rid of.

#1354 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Can anyone here help with this?
Is there a way to bypass switch #18 on CCC? As far as i can tell in the manual, no such switch exists but i'm getting a switch error for it that i can't get rid of.

18 is the shooter lane. 81 is not used.

1 week later
#1355 5 years ago

Fixed! Thanks.

#1356 5 years ago

Are there cards that have the CCC code/rules on them?

#1357 5 years ago

So in the menu I found x and y offset, but they do nothing it seems monitor wise. My DMD image moved to the top left of the monitor, can anyone point m in the direction for how to center it again please?

#1358 5 years ago

Are there documented rules anywhere so i could make some instruction cards?

#1360 5 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

So in the menu I found x and y offset, but they do nothing it seems monitor wise. My DMD image moved to the top left of the monitor, can anyone point m in the direction for how to center it again please?

Sounds like your settings defaulted and your dot size is wrong. If it's not filling the whole screen, change the dot pixel size from 8 to 10.

#1361 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Sounds like your settings defaulted and your dot size is wrong. If it's not filling the whole screen, change the dot pixel size from 8 to 10.

Adjusted to 10 and did a ton of playing with x y and finally got it lined up. thanks!

#1362 5 years ago
Quoted from PACMAN:

Are there documented rules anywhere so i could make some instruction cards?

There's these that I made some time ago: https://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/files/Instruction_Cards.png

3 weeks later
#1363 5 years ago

Cc redemption edition:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-extended-red-dead-redemption-edition#post-4595590

Seems to be the ultimate bug free version. Banderas is a really nice guy and respectful with the original project. I don t get all the bashing for a hobby. Anyway seems to be the ccce version and the best one.

2 weeks later
#1364 5 years ago
Quoted from Warzard:

Cc redemption edition:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-extended-red-dead-redemption-edition#post-4595590
Seems to be the ultimate bug free version. Banderas is a really nice guy and respectful with the original project. I don t get all the bashing for a hobby. Anyway seems to be the ccce version and the best one.

I was being sarcastic.

#1365 5 years ago

I realize admitting this publicly will just give Andre more to soapbox on, but I just fixed a bug (that's been there forever) that prevented players other than player 1 from getting Drunk Multiball and Cowboys VS Aliens. This went unreported for years until it kind of screwed Eric Meunier in a local league final and he noticed it. Andre probably fixed it ages ago and didn't share back the information, just like he hasn't helped with the music bug he claims to have fixed.

ANYWAY ....

Anybody willing to try the hot fresh code to help test and make sure i didn't break stuff before updating everybody?

#1366 5 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I realize admitting this publicly will just give Andre more to soapbox on, but I just fixed a bug (that's been there forever) that prevented players other than player 1 from getting Drunk Multiball and Cowboys VS Aliens. This went unreported for years until it kind of screwed Eric Meunier in a local league final and he noticed it. Andre probably fixed it ages ago and didn't share back the information, just like he hasn't helped with the music bug he claims to have fixed.
ANYWAY ....
Anybody willing to try the hot fresh code to help test and make sure i didn't break stuff before updating everybody?

Sure, I'll test it out

1 week later
#1367 5 years ago

I'd be happy to test too!

#1368 5 years ago

Let me know as well if you need another tester.

#1369 5 years ago

hi,

we managed to run CCC of a Pi3B raspbian (thx tlacuj01).
Although the loops register in test mode (switch) and properly work in eg. multiball mode(s), they don't advance in regular play (good shot/gunslinger/marksman & buck'n bronco/wild ride/ride 'm cowboy).
Tested with previous and latest code.

any thoughts ?
Thx !

3 weeks later
#1370 5 years ago

Just checking on the status of the updated code?

2 weeks later
#1371 5 years ago

left/right loop opto's were switched
all ok now

thx

#1372 5 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Just checking on the status of the updated code?

I noticed some odd behavior with the bart brothers that I need to look into, but otherwise it seems pretty solid. Just have to find time to work on it some more.

4 months later
#1373 4 years ago

Looks like CSS is no longer loading for the site because of ssl issues. I thought there was some styling to the site before.

#1374 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Looks like CSS is no longer loading for the site because of ssl issues. I thought there was some styling to the site before.

Very little. I've put a shameful amount of effort into it since I had to recover it from a server crash at some point. I should just rebuild it.

#1375 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Very little. I've put a shameful amount of effort into it since I had to recover it from a server crash at some point. I should just rebuild it.

Oh man that sucks. Assume no backups at the host?

#1376 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Oh man that sucks. Assume no backups at the host?

No, it was a terrible cut rate situation I was only in due to a billing error. I actually ended up copy/pasting a lot of it out of google cache and wayback machine.

1 month later
#1377 4 years ago

Lazy Sunday afternoon. Hunting bugs and tweaking things.

D8170DDD-B702-46A4-9133-FFF54F28B827 (resized).jpegD8170DDD-B702-46A4-9133-FFF54F28B827 (resized).jpeg
#1378 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Lazy Sunday afternoon. Hunting bugs and tweaking things.[quoted image]

Just told my wife today that I want a cc next. This is great news. Thanks for your continued support of this game. When the remake hits if it doesn't incorporate the changes from continued I can't see wanting one.

Maybe I will luck out and find a project.

#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Lazy Sunday afternoon. Hunting bugs and tweaking things.[quoted image]

Time well spent!!!!

#1380 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Lazy Sunday afternoon. Hunting bugs and tweaking things

We appreciate you Eric! Thanks

#1381 4 years ago

Working on code for Scott's next game has all the coding juices flowing, so I've been working on CC a bit on the weekends. Should have a new update out soon-ish with some slight changes/fixes/updates.

If anybody has any "hey I noticed a broken thing" or "hey you really should change/fix" now would be the time to pipe up with that.

Recent tweaks of note:
- Added some color to the multiball restart screen
- Boosted the volume of the 'yackety sax' music during Franks & Beans
- Added skill shot awards that add flips to the 'flip count' party mode
- Added a user setting for killing the pop bumper activity after x hits to the bottom bumper (this was always in the code, now its tweak able)
- Killed showing the "replay score is" on ball 3 if you're starting an extra ball
- If you earn an extra ball on your own when the 'bozo ball' is lit on the outlanes, it will disable the bozo ball.
- Crash bug fixed in stampede (typo in one routine - wouldn't always come up)
- Fixed the game losing track of things if the ball drained during "showdown" start up.
- Default setting for showdown changed to a single add-a-ball (set "Showdown Difficulty" back to "Easy" to allow endless add-a-ball)
- Changed the wording on the polly mode 'fail' screens if you drain before time runs out "TOO LATE!" didn't make sense
- Added a settings backup that will hopefully prevent people who cold-cut the power to the game from losing their settings often
- Fixed a timing issue on the player number call out when ball is sitting in the skilshot lane
- Fixed an issue with cross contamination between players on bart brothers progress
- Added a thing to show current scores during the skill shot for 2 seconds if you tap both flippers together

#1382 4 years ago

Awesome Eric cant wait to load it up!

#1383 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Working on code for Scott's next game has all the coding juices flowing, so I've been working on CC a bit on the weekends. Should have a new update out soon-ish with some slight changes/fixes/updates.
If anybody has any "hey I noticed a broken thing" or "hey you really should change/fix" now would be the time to pipe up with that.

Now then Eric,

I noticed a couple of things i was going to drop you a message about.

- When you use the mine test, the update of the home opto seems a little flakey. It doesn't seem to update once its changed states. maybe needs a look at
- The high score table entry stuff on multi player games doesn't check if a later player overrides an earlier high score entry in the same game so you can get player 1 entering a high score and then it immediately asks player 2 to enter for the same hs posn etc.
- Test and settings selections and entries would be nice to auto scroll if you hold down the red buttons etc.
- LCD screen adjustment positioning would be better in a larger minimum size movement, or a way to change this min size movement chunk.
- The backup of the settings file is a good idea, for the blanking file issues. I have some database driven settings storage code you are welcome to if you fancy using or moving to database driven settings solution etc No chance of you loosing settings or blanking anything with a hard power off.

Just a few thoughts anyway.

#1384 4 years ago
Quoted from applejuice:

- When you use the mine test, the update of the home opto seems a little flakey. It doesn't seem to update once its changed states. maybe needs a look at
- Test and settings selections and entries would be nice to auto scroll if you hold down the red buttons etc.

Thanks, I'll poke at these two and do what I can.

Quoted from applejuice:

- The high score table entry stuff on multi player games doesn't check if a later player overrides an earlier high score entry in the same game so you can get player 1 entering a high score and then it immediately asks player 2 to enter for the same hs posn etc.

Not so sure I'll do anything with this one - I'm just using the built in pyprocgame high score junk as it runs. Other than the order being a bit odd it still gets the job done. Sure, somebody who got "high score 4" may put in their name only to be bumped by someone else in the same game, but hey, they got to put their initials in and that's fun. Or something.

Quoted from applejuice:

- LCD screen adjustment positioning would be better in a larger minimum size movement, or a way to change this min size movement chunk.

Not going to change this - you set it one time and forget about it. The granular setting lets you get it pixel perfect to where you want it.

Quoted from applejuice:

- The backup of the settings file is a good idea, for the blanking file issues. I have some database driven settings storage code you are welcome to if you fancy using or moving to database driven settings solution etc No chance of you loosing settings or blanking anything with a hard power off.

The backup settings thing was just something to be nice to the people who set up their own without the power control board -- I really thought about not adding it at all, since for the computer's sake it should have the safe shutdown; but reality is that there are people who turn their games on/off at the wall with a switch or home automation and it sucks for people who have to play those machines when everything gets blanked so I figured I'd throw in SOME effort to try to prevent it.

#1385 4 years ago

Hey Eric
I just found a bug at the end of High Noon.
I failed the mission and the screen said They Escaped.
It just stayed dark and the balls repeatedly fired out of the trough.

#1386 4 years ago
Quoted from bballfan:

Hey Eric
I just found a bug at the end of High Noon.
I failed the mission and the screen said They Escaped.
It just stayed dark and the balls repeatedly fired out of the trough.

Thanks, I will see if I can re-create this and fix it.

Small update: Looking at the code, I'm not sure how it went off the rails there. If it got to the "They Escaped" display, the thing that tells it to continuously feed balls should have already been disabled. That's frustrating.

#1387 4 years ago

I am obsessed with the "Last Call" match game at the end. I went into settings and adjusted it for 50% cuz I love playing it so much.

#1388 4 years ago

Hi Eric, did CGC ever get ahold of you to help out with CC remake code? I really hope they don’t screw this up. Thanks for all you do!!

#1389 4 years ago

Man I havnt up dated this since I bought it three years ago. I really need to do it. Is this new code safe?

#1390 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Man I havnt up dated this since I bought it three years ago. I really need to do it. Is this new code safe?

Might as well wait for the pending update at this point.

#1391 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ok when will that be? Of course I’m in no hurry. I keep downloading the new code on a memory stick and never install it. I really never play the game anymore

#1392 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I am standing by.... My game hasn't been updated in ages, I'm looking forward to it!

#1393 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Ok when will that be?

When it gets done.... These things take time...

#1394 4 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

When it gets done.... These things take time...

Gee thanks man

#1395 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyhonda:

Hi Eric, did CGC ever get ahold of you to help out with CC remake code? I really hope they don’t screw this up. Thanks for all you do!!

He said that he called them back and left a message and they never contacted him. Sad really. I'd buy one the day it is announced if it had CCC code. Or even could be converted to CCC. As it stands it cannot be converted easily.

Beat I can tell to convert it you'd have to buy the game and make a new wiring harness. No idea how to actually do this sanely.

Maybe of they don't get CCC on board then they would sell the game as a stock wpc95 with wpc95 boards so that we can convert them. Yeah I know, fat chance of that.

#1396 4 years ago

I personally, am glad that they have to code it on their own. I think that having an original with the Continued program is Awesome and will allow me to have a special version of Cactus Canyon. Sort of a LE of the LE.

#1397 4 years ago

It would be nice to have both

1 week later
#1398 4 years ago

Thanks to a nudge from Jim, the service menu now responds properly to held up/down and the home switch indicator sill show anytime it’s active, not just after a ‘home’ reset.

1 week later
#1399 4 years ago

Hey Eric, have you ever thought of changing the music cue used during gold mine multi ball to something other than the main startup cue? Unless there is a different cue and I need to drink less during my games.

#1400 4 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

Hey Eric, have you ever thought of changing the music cue used during gold mine multi ball to something other than the main startup cue? Unless there is a different cue and I need to drink less during my games.

Gold Mine has its own music. It's also used as the 'outro' music after a game; but it's different than general gameplay.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 85.00
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 28 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project/page/28?hl=adamross and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.