Topic Stats

• 1,398 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 91 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 99 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D8170DDD-B702-46A4-9133-FFF54F28B827 (resized).jpeg
Soundfiles (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG
4 (resized).JPG
5 (resized).JPG
8181 (resized).jpg
CCC (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 12.47.00 AM (resized).png
27882446443_3d4a60b693_k (resized).jpg
head_mount (resized).JPG
100_9739_(resized).JPG
100_9761_(resized).JPG
100_9746_(resized).JPG

There are 1398 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.
#1251 2 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

As long as there's some good logic in there for Chimp Tilt, I'm all for it. But there's plenty of times i've hit both flippers at(almost) the same time trying avoid a SDTM drain. During multiball, I might actually be legitimately hitting both flippers at the same time to launch 2+ balls out.
Aand as long as it doesn't prevent cradling.

It's a party mode - it's supposed to be wacky. You wouldn't turn it on during a normal game.

Yes it would prevent cradling. Yes it would trigger if you slap one after the other released.

I realized this morning that I actually do have the 'anti-chimp' in the game, but it's called 'Rectify' instead. Makes more sense I guess since 'chimp flipping' means flipping both at once. Rectify is a reference to reset problems in games when the voltage drops or the bridge rectifier is bad (and tron, because tron). So in Rectify party mode, if both flippers are active at the same time for any reason, you tilt. Yes, it's hard. I could still add a logic based 'anti-chimp' mode where if you hit the flippers too simultaneously it would tilt, but the logic for it would be different. And now I probably should; because DMD monkey.

#1252 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Ooh, maybe I'll use this for the EM game backdrop audio:
ยป YouTube video

I was just going to recomend this Westworld one. However the Good the bad and the Ugly sound theme is always classic!

Anothet idea for the EM skill shot (or regular CCC) is a 'Gambler Mode'. It turns the reels on the display into a slot machine. Shoot the ball and you have only a few seconds (while the ball is spinning in the ramp) to use the flipper buttons to align all the cherries or stars, etc. Align all the cherries and its an instant multi-ball!

#1253 2 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Are you going to try and get better audio for Betty Bart? The one in there now just does not have the right match to what you would think Betty Bart would sound like. I guess it could just be me?

Yes, the intent is to either have Kim Vanderveen from TPF (the current Betty) re-do the recordings with a better mic, or have someone else record the lines. Just haven't gotten around to it.

#1254 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yes, the intent is to either have Kim Vanderveen from TPF (the current Betty) re-do the recordings with a better mic, or have someone else record the lines. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Cool, can't wait, and thank for continuing to add or touch up/fix things in the code making it better and better, makes me feel better that I spent the money to get one!

#1255 2 years ago

magic_mike - How's this as a replacement for the banner.

There's 2 new settings options:

"Party Available" - for whether or not it shows in the attract and the selector is available
- So if you'd rather not have people messing with them, you can lock them out.

"Party Mode Force" - if force is turned on, the game start continue/disable option is not shown.
- The force option is for something like if you were running a bunch of games in a party mode on purpose, it wouldn't prompt to confirm at the beginning of every game.

#1256 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

And now I probably should; because DMD monkey.

#1257 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I could make the banner in attract an option - but the idea was to warn people that non-standard rules are enabled. If you play a party mode, and then leave it on, and some unsuspecting person plays, they'll be very confused. The banner was just to try to warn them, if they see it.

Ahhhhh, I see. That makes perfect sense now!

Quoted from epthegeek:

magic_mike - How's this as a replacement for the banner...

Oh man! That would be much better, as you wouldn't have to disable Party Mode just to play a normal game!

Keep up the great work Eric!

#1258 2 years ago

I like the party modes

#1259 2 years ago

Right now, if you opt out of the party mode, it fully disables. You'd have to go back in to the selector and turn it back on.

I could probably get it to just turn off for that one game and then re-enable.

The party stuff was an afterthought so it's pretty hacky.

#1260 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Can anyone tell me how to update my current CCC?

Hey guys, any help would be great. I'm having issues with the sounds just disappearing during Aliens versus Cowboys. The lights also go out but not sure if that's just part of the mode. The sound goes off for roughly 2-3 seconds and I am looking to see how I could either update or just reset my entire code.

Does anyone know the best place to start?

#1261 2 years ago

Is it possible to get a timed ball save during Cowboys vs. Aliens? And I still think if you could somehow have a setting to control coil strength, that would be cool. My pop bumpers are way to powerful.

#1262 2 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody know of a decent western-ish ambient style music that could loop in the background of the EM style game? I fought pretty hard against adding that when Andre wanted it in Marshal Multiball, because it's supposed to be an EM! They don't have music! But I get that others will share Andre's opinion and want music playing as that's what they're used to. I just need to find a nice sound-track-style background track to use as an option (would be a user selectable on/off, of course).

One of the instrumentals from the "Red Dead Redemption" video game soundtrack might work...

#1263 2 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Hey guys, any help would be great. I'm having issues with the sounds just disappearing during Aliens versus Cowboys. The lights also go out but not sure if that's just part of the mode. The sound goes off for roughly 2-3 seconds and I am looking to see how I could either update or just reset my entire code.
Does anyone know the best place to start?

CvA is pretty dark. The GI is off most of the time most of the insert lights are off - but it shouldn't go totally dark. And I can't really think of any time the sound should go out. Maybe shoot a video of what it's doing?

Quoted from twinmice:

Is it possible to get a timed ball save during Cowboys vs. Aliens? And I still think if you could somehow have a setting to control coil strength, that would be cool. My pop bumpers are way to powerful.

There's a setting for multiball ball savers, do you have that on? I'd have to look at the code to see if that one doesn't apply to CVA for some reason, I don't remember off hand.

I could easily throw in a setting for pop bumper strength. I'll do that.

1 month later
#1264 2 years ago

Hi,
I've just got my CCC going again after it's W7 PC failed, now running on a RPi3. The only issues I've had are with the LCD alignment due to there being no effect when changing the X,Y offsets, even after rebooting. I fixed that by changing the vertical display size from 32 to 40 in the code which has the effect of moving the window up into position. My second issue is that the sound has a constant fizzing in the background - some sort of bleed-through effect, though it's not so bad if the alsamixer is turned up to full. I noticed the lamp matrix has 3 additional lamps, eg. beer mug, beer GI and Pop Bumpers, not mentioned in the manual. Any info on what these are for?
Cheers...Mike.
PS. Still in awe of Eric's amazing program

#1265 2 years ago
Quoted from Mik-ReadingUK:

Hi,
I've just got my CCC going again after it's W7 PC failed, now running on a RPi3. The only issues I've had are with the LCD alignment due to there being no effect when changing the X,Y offsets, even after rebooting. I fixed that by changing the vertical display size from 32 to 40 in the code which has the effect of moving the window up into position. My second issue is that the sound has a constant fizzing in the background - some sort of bleed-through effect, though it's not so bad if the alsamixer is turned up to full. I noticed the lamp matrix has 3 additional lamps, eg. beer mug, beer GI and Pop Bumpers, not mentioned in the manual. Any info on what these are for?
Cheers...Mike.
PS. Still in awe of Eric's amazing program

The 2 beer mug lights are for Andre's lit beer mug mod, before he decided to rip me off with his own version of my stuff. The pop bumpers thing was I was considering adding controlled lights to the pop bumpers, but never did.

#1266 2 years ago

Eric, please post the info on updating again. It has been so long since I have don't it I have forgotten. I moved my game from my garage gameroom into my house so I can play the game more. I want to have the latest code. I haven't updated since you installed Betty Bart.

#1267 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Eric, please post the info on updating again. It has been so long since I have don't it I have forgotten. I moved my game from my garage gameroom into my house so I can play the game more. I want to have the latest code. I haven't updated since you installed Betty Bart.

There hasn't really been any updates since that Betty Bart add before the TPF show that featured CC in 2016.

#1268 2 years ago

I don't have Betty Bart

#1269 2 years ago

I'll just mention that I have kept notes on the process of using a Raspberry Pi for running the P-ROC code, in case anyone else is looking at doing it in the future. Just drop me a note...

Next up - Making my own beer mug lighting and getting some more backbox LEDs up and running using the GPIO on the Pi
mike.

#1270 2 years ago

Sound like some great fun.
Magicchiz

When can we update it?
JC

#1271 2 years ago

I think you should specify Raspberry Pi3, not the older Raspberry Pi. You're the first to confirm the Rpi3 works, whereas the Rpi I believe was too slow to run CCC.

I'll just mention that I have kept notes on the process of using a Raspberry Pi for running the P-ROC code,
in case anyone else is looking at doing it in the future. Just drop me a note...
Next up - Making my own beer mug lighting and getting some more backbox LEDs up and running using the GPIO on the Pi
mike.

#1272 2 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I think you should specify Raspberry Pi3, not the older Raspberry Pi. You're the first to confirm the Rpi3 works, whereas the Rpi I believe was too slow to run CCC.

I did say RPi3 in my earlier msg #1264 and, yes, I think it is probably the first Pi to run fast enough for the CCC system. It certainly makes for a neater solution, especially if you sneak power from the 12V unreg line

1 week later
#1273 2 years ago

I did say RPi3 in my earlier msg #1264 and, yes, I think it is probably the first Pi to run fast enough for the CCC system. It certainly makes for a neater solution, especially if you sneak power from the 12V unreg line

I thought all rp3 ran off 5vdc

#1274 2 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

I thought all rp3 ran off 5vdc

I used one of these... http://www.ebayitem.com/142341633791
mike.

1 month later
#1275 2 years ago

Hello
Got an issue with the ball search. I have the last release set up.
Actually if one ball is stuck and if I open the door, the ball search mechanism will run. Otherwise during gameplay nothing happen and I need to quit the current play to get the ball back. Anyone has the same issue?

1 month later
#1276 1 year ago

Is there any plan to get another record for the bandit woman? Would be great. Is the project still alive?

#1277 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Is there any plan to get another record for the bandit woman? Would be great. Is the project still alive?

I have anew set of audio for Betty thanks to a favor from a fan of the project with connections (nomonkey). I just have to get around to editing them and replacing the others.

#1278 1 year ago

Thats great.
Magicchiz

#1279 1 year ago

Man, 5 years of this

1 week later
#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I have anew set of audio for Betty thanks to a favor from a fan of the project with connections (nomonkey). I just have to get around to editing them and replacing the others.

That's great. Thanks for sharing.

#1281 1 year ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

That's great. Thanks for sharing.

Yes, great news! Looking forward to the new audio. Thanks for doing what you do Eric.

#1282 1 year ago

Hi everyone, I'm experiencing a usb connector issue when trying to boot up. I recently had my P-ROC 3.0 board for the cactus canyon not see my computer when I turned the game on. I had a friend take a look and he told me the board is not seeing the computer and that I had an IOError and that the ID Chip failed. Here's the error screen he received;8181 (resized).jpg

I reached out to Gerry at Multimorphic and he told me that the I/O Error and failure to read the Chip ID is the standard error message when the USB isn't connected. Please double-check my connections and maybe try a different USB port in the host computer.

I was working on replacing the pop bumper skirts earlier in the day so I figured maybe I dislodged the connector from the P-ROC board when pulling up the playfield. I'm running CCC on an Azulle computer in the coin box area. I lifted the playfield and checked the cable running up into the head. I then checked to see if it was seated in the board correctly. It would have been great if it was hanging out disconnected but it was seated properly. I booted up and watched the leds on the P-ROC and 4 leds are cycling counterclockwise as they should. After about 90 seconds the D43 led that confirms usb connectivity turns on and then all the leds are on.

Gerry suggested I ask the forum since the D43 led is turning on and the P-ROC is establishing communications with computer. He suggested that sometimes a few errors pop up as it's starting to try to communicate, but they're meaningless if communication gets established. I guess that's why it takes 90 seconds for the game to boot up when it was normally working. Does everyone have lag time when they turn on their game or does your CCC boot up immediately? Other than trying another usb cable to rule out the cable I don't know what else to do other than strip CCC from the computer and reload it?

#1283 1 year ago

Its normal for a long boot time for CCC since all assets are loaded before the game starts. Is your game working now?

Quoted from Crispin:

Hi everyone, I'm experiencing a usb connector issue when trying to boot up. I recently had my P-ROC 3.0 board for the cactus canyon not see my computer when I turned the game on. I had a friend take a look and he told me the board is not seeing the computer and that I had an IOError and that the ID Chip failed. Here's the error screen he received;
I reached out to Gerry at Multimorphic and he told me that the I/O Error and failure to read the Chip ID is the standard error message when the USB isn't connected. Please double-check my connections and maybe try a different USB port in the host computer.
I was working on replacing the pop bumper skirts earlier in the day so I figured maybe I dislodged the connector from the P-ROC board when pulling up the playfield. I'm running CCC on an Azulle computer in the coin box area. I lifted the playfield and checked the cable running up into the head. I then checked to see if it was seated in the board correctly. It would have been great if it was hanging out disconnected but it was seated properly. I booted up and watched the leds on the P-ROC and 4 leds are cycling counterclockwise as they should. After about 90 seconds the D43 led that confirms usb connectivity turns on and then all the leds are on.
Gerry suggested I ask the forum since the D43 led is turning on and the P-ROC is establishing communications with computer. He suggested that sometimes a few errors pop up as it's starting to try to communicate, but they're meaningless if communication gets established. I guess that's why it takes 90 seconds for the game to boot up when it was normally working. Does everyone have lag time when they turn on their game or does your CCC boot up immediately? Other than trying another usb cable to rule out the cable I don't know what else to do other than strip CCC from the computer and reload it?

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Is your game working now?

No still not running the game. The Proc board shows that it's connected to the computer but the game still boot up or run.

#1285 1 year ago

Thanks for the response luvthatapex2. Probably should have started the thread in the evening. Had a couple of errands and have to leave in an hour again. I'm going to get another cable to rule that out.

#1286 1 year ago

I just used my printer's cable to see if it was the usb cable that was the issue and it still doesn't boot.

#1287 1 year ago

Oh, are you still getting the io error? Did you try a different use port on your computer? If you get an different error when you try another port take a screenshot and reply

Quoted from Crispin:

Thanks for the response luvthatapex2. Probably should have started the thread in the evening. Had a couple of errands and have to leave in an hour again. I'm going to get another cable to rule that out.

#1288 1 year ago

Hmm I can't tell because my pin is on the other side of the room from the tv monitor. My friend was remotely accessing the unit from his house and took a screen shot. He had me switch to all 3 different usb ports and still the same result. I just shot him a text to see if he happened to remember if the error was the same with all 3 ports.

#1289 1 year ago

Your computer is hooked to the pinball with a single usb cable that is 6 ft or less correct? No extenders or anything?

Quoted from Crispin:

Hmm I can't tell because my pin is on the other side of the room from the tv monitor. My friend was remotely accessing the unit from his house and took a screen shot. He had me switch to all 3 different usb ports and still the same result. I just shot him a text to see if he happened to remember if the error was the same with all 3 ports.

#1290 1 year ago

Yes single cable, direct with no connectors, at 6 ft long.

#1291 1 year ago

What OS are you using and are you getting any device errors on the hardware if using Windows?

Quoted from Crispin:

Yes single cable, direct with no connectors, at 6 ft long.

#1292 1 year ago

Running windows 10. When you 1st boot up there is a quick error message that cactus canyon cant be found but then the yaml files load up and that box disappears. This happened exactly the same when it was working. If I removed the system from the game and hooked up to my monitor when the game booted up the dmd display would come on once booted up. I notice I'm not getting that now so I'm guessing the yaml files aren't loading properly for the proc board to see them?

#1293 1 year ago

If you are still getting the io error, it's probably your USB port. No errors in device manager? If you have front panel USB maybe you can try connecting to the front.

Quoted from Crispin:

Running windows 10. When you 1st boot up there is a quick error message that cactus canyon cant be found but then the yaml files load up and that box disappears. This happened exactly the same when it was working. If I removed the system from the game and hooked up to my monitor when the game booted up the dmd display would come on once booted up. I notice I'm not getting that now so I'm guessing the yaml files aren't loading properly for the proc board to see them?

#1294 1 year ago

I'd be working purely with device manager and the USB cable. You should be able to see the proc device in device manager and unplugging the cable should cause it to go away. I'm not sure what the proc device is called, but if you cant find it in device manager or it has a yellow bang by it, that's your problem. You should be able to then verify that the correct USB driver is installed for the device.

#1295 1 year ago

Thanks for the help gentlemen. I went out all afternoon and evening supporting a friend who was opening a comic/gaming store(Genesis Comics and Gaming in Ronkonkoma). Then selfishly joined some pinsiders at Dennis' place for a fantastic get together! I will try to have my friend Steven check out the device manager today and report back.

#1296 1 year ago

Really can't bring myself to bother my friend on Sunday. I snaked the usb cable out of the game and connected my azulle computer up to the TV so I didn't have to move the pin across the room. In device manager the proc is recognized. I shut down, switched the cable to another usb port and restarted and the proc is recognized in all 3 ports. If the connection is recognized at the board with the led on and also at the monitor in device manager, then the problem should be the files loading up when the CCC startup runs.

#1297 1 year ago

I would think the pc would throw an error when hooking it up to the tv since the pinball hardware isn't present. You can run the game in a fake mode without hardware but that's not the config you'd have. You need to keep the pc connected to the game and check device manager for any exclamation points on hardware it doesn't recognize. If device manager is error free and proc is connected then tell us what error you get on the console. If you still get the io error,that doesn't t make sense.

#1298 1 year ago

The only error I can catch with my eye is: game.config - WARNING - pyprocgame configuration not found at ./config.yaml. Checking C:\Users\cdest/.pyprocgame/cofig.yaml.

Then the heading: Standard Desktop appears and underneath it a series of Flushing Read Buffer: 0 bytes trashed
Verify Chip Id took too long to receive data
Verification of chip ID failed. Flushing read buffer
and re-verifying chip ID. Over and over until the last line IO Error and the screen disappears too fast to take a pic at the end.

This same warning came up before startup when the game was working. Once the screen with the verification checks ran out. the game would boot up. In device manager under devices connected there are no error codes.

#1299 1 year ago

Well that's bad. If the game can't find its config.yaml, it has no idea where the assets are to load them along with game settings and other stuff.

You should get messages like this:
Loading game data.
Found settings. All good.
Loading game settings.
Setting initial offset
setting initial volume
party setting
custom message
difficulty set to
making window playing regular lamp show
resetting train, etc....

Looks like at least one file is missing in your game (config.yaml). I would imagine others might be corrupted too.
You might want to recreate the config.yaml (not sure where you have the game installed but it should be in the same folder as game.py and cc.py
You should also have a \config folder for the other yaml files.
check this out and see what you have.

Yaml files can sometimes get wiped out if the game is turned off abnormally. I think Eric uses the Danesi Shutdown controller hooked to the PC to do a safe shutdown so this doesn't happen. Anyway, let us know what you find.

Quoted from Crispin:

The only error I can catch with my eye is: game.config - WARNING - pyprocgame configuration not found at ./config.yaml. Checking C:\Users\cdest/.pyprocgame/cofig.yaml.
Then the heading: Standard Desktop appears and underneath it a series of Flushing Read Buffer: 0 bytes trashed
Verify Chip Id took too long to receive data
Verification of chip ID failed. Flushing read buffer
and re-verifying chip ID. Over and over until the last line IO Error and the screen disappears too fast to take a pic at the end.
This same warning came up before startup when the game was working. Once the screen with the verification checks ran out. the game would boot up. In device manager under devices connected there are no error codes.

#1300 1 year ago

thanks luvthatapex2! Ironically a week before this happened I told my friend I was concerned with the way I've been shutting down the computer by unpluggging it. I will go through the steps of re installing the yaml files and get the Danesi board.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
$ 89.99
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RGP Models
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1398 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside