moother (resized).png
D38F2F0E-EEFC-482A-8D8C-EECCB1A4D57C (resized).jpeg
cactus-polly (resized).jpg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi-z2 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi4 (resized).jpg
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 32.
#1201 7 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

ok, thanks, so he probably just needs to tweak that switch. some of the switches have the contacts way to close almost touching so any vibration can allow them to make contact.

Yeah, especially that beer mug mechanism. In the regular game, that switch doesn't really do much, so if it's registering way too often you can't really tell. And the WMS software probably writes it off as faulty before long and then it doesn't do anything -- which again, doesn't really matter in the original game.

He's probably on the right track with checking what zucot said -- the metal bit that kicks the beer mug may be interfering with the free movement of the actual stand up target, effectively holding it closed.

@eggbert52, in case we haven't been clear enough yet, underneath the metal lever that makes the beer mug jump is an actual stand up target. If it's working properly, when you hit the metal lever, the beer mug should jump and the metal bit should hit the target and then it should all re-set. Make sure none of that is binding up and that the target switch isn't adjusted badly so that it's essentially always closed.

#1202 7 years ago

I am curious if you are running CCC in color or with DMD with the rpi3? We have seen similar single board computers (cubietruck, etc) running CCC but never a rpi3 running it in color lcd. (my friend tested it with rpi, rpi2 and odroid without success If I recall correctly)

What is the current boot time to the CCC graphic screen when you turn on the PC? My friends test was about a minute boot time to the graphics screen. We'd like to get that down to 15 seconds if possible.

What distro are you running for linux?

Lastly, how do you prevent yaml corruption when you turn the power off? For PCs there is a shutdown controller by Scott D, but these don't work with SBCs. We have an non-elegant approach that works fine, but I'd like to hear yours

Quoted from NoMonkey:

I wanted to share that I have a custom version of CCC that I run in my machine. As a game programmer by profession, I was intrigued by the fact that I had the source code to an entire pinball game and of course wanted to play around with it!
Now from this point forward I want it to be clear that I am in no way taking credit for any of Eric's hard work nor is this an advertisement to sell or even give away the work I've done. I often see Andre posting that he has a fix for any short comings of the CCC code to apparently peddle his own work and it's annoying to watch. This is just to make it known that I have done some work that might be worth sharing if condoned by Eric. Otherwise, this is just to tell you about the fun stuff I've done! I will NOT give any of this away without Eric's consent so please do not message me asking for any of this. I also know that Eric has never claimed to be a programmer and the work I've done is not to show him up or anything of the sort. What Eric has achieved is amazing, especially for a non-programmer, however the current code structure has it's short comings and I've spent some time to see if I can help with that. Whether anyone ends up caring is no different to me, and it's likely this has all been done before, but doing all of this work for only me to enjoy seems silly so I thought I'd share!
This is some work I did 8 months or so ago and isn't quite finished as I still have a few bugs of my own to sort out. I only put things on hold as I was utterly consumed by this project and my wife is all needy and stuff.
I'll be going from memory here so there are likely things I'm leaving out.
One of the main things I wanted was to remove the need for a Windows machine and instead be able to boot directly into CCC much like a standard pinball machine would with proprietary hardware. Could this be done on a PC? Sure, but I wanted a more integrated feel that was mounted in the back box and the PC my machine came with was bulky and wayyy overkill. I decided to try and get things running on a raspberry pi 3 for it's form factor and simply to see how it performed running the game. After a bit of work I had the game running on Linux and starting up on launch. This coming from a non-linux user took way longer than it should have! I had some issues where the dmd layers weren't rendering properly and had to mimic some of the C code from within python as well as fix up a few bits where directories didn't play nicely with Linux but other than that things worked without much else needed.
My plan was to create a custom boot loader that would boot directly into a stripped down version of Linux that loads super fast and only ever show CCC as if it we're loading from a rom.
I also was running the audio through a small form-factor amp.
I had planned to mount this all to a sheet of something-or-other that fit nicely in the stock mounting locations of the back-box.
I started out just fixing a few bugs but the further I got into it, the more I started to organize the code and began making general improvements.
At this point I've rewritten all modes, asset management, and the main game loop/resetting functionality to be more reliable and easier to work on when adding future updates/modes. I've added a logging system that makes the game easier to debug and have added a good amount of logging for failed modes, etc.. I've also made some general updates such as the HSTD DMD images scrolling in reverse when hitting the left flipper, the long hang that can occur when leaving service mode, as well as a few other odds and ends that I can't recall.
None of my work changed the general design nor flow of what Eric had setup as that wasn't the intent. I love the game as is. I did, however make it fairly easy to add new modes as I wanted to try my hand at adding something fun like cowboys vs aliens (brilliant btw!).
A few other features I wanted to add included automatic updates via WiFi, error reports that would upload to a server to make tracking down issues easier, and some general telemetry (e.g. Average/Percentage of mode completion, switch hits, etc.)
As mentioned before, my work is unfinished however I do plan to get back to it soon!
And to reiterate, this is just a project I've been working on for my own sake; Not to advertise or sell. I take no credit for the gameplay itself and want to thank Eric for taking the initiative and bringing such a great game to life!

#1203 7 years ago

Would any CCC owners be interested in an option to start the game directly into the pseudo-em game variant that you get for getting to Marshal Rank? That's actually most of a game, with it's own scoring rules that most people don't really know (because I didn't really document it much), but since I've been thinking about the game thanks to these fresh posts, I was thinking it would be kind of fun to flesh it out even more and then make it an option game, so you could play a full multi-player 3 ball game in that style -- just have to have some way to select it before you start, like hold down the start button for 5 seconds to open a 'original/em-style' menu or something.

I should probably talk to NoMonkey about co-operating on the project to get all his structure improvements involved first though,

#1204 7 years ago

The Marshall Multiball old-time pinball rules:

Each of the main shots (ramps, loops) is worth more points each time you hit it (10,50,100,500,1000,2500) and the lights for the shot track your progress.

Once a full set on a single shot is complete, it lights a badge point.

If you light 5 badge points (using any shot) jackpot mode starts and all shots are worth 5000 until the timer runs out (user adjustable).

Unlit bonus lane scores 500 for the first, 1500 for the second, then they reset. Lit bonus lane scores 20.

Hitting the bad guy is worth a flat 3000 points all the time (seems like an exploit!, heh)

Other misc switches give small amounts of points.

---

So that's what it does currently when you get to Marshall Multiball. If I make it a stand alone game option, I'll add more to it and balance the scoring a little better.

#1205 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I tried a few single board computers back when I first got this going years ago - and none of them were really powerful enough to keep the loop rate up (especially after the shift to the color LCD). I wondered if a RPI3 would keep up. I've never run it on windows though, that's other people.

I've found that the RPI3 handles the game just fine in my testing. In my initial fixes for the dmd display issues I had, it definitely chugged but after some optimization it appeared to run ok.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Would have been nice if you shared fixes as you came across them.

Agreed! To be honest I can't recall exactly how I ended up approaching things, but I know I quickly decided to start restructuring things at which point any bug fixes would have been moot as they would have pertained to my setup. A lot of my time was spent updating and refitting the code to my updated structure. I wasn't necessarily looking for bugs, I was taking the approach of trying to normalize and stabilize the code and then begin bug fixing any issues after the fact.

Quoted from epthegeek:

The "long hang" coming out of the service mode is (in my setups anyway) the game fully resetting, so that if an end user applies a USB update, the changes get loaded in right away.

Ah, yes that rings a bell. It may have been that I simply disabled the USB update on my end in favor of the wifi update. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't have stripped that out though and might have been thinking of adding that as an option in the service menu to update on demand instead of scanning for the usb drive. I can't recall though, I just remember "fixing" it on my end.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Most of my will to work on it further was pretty broken by the fact that anything I make, Andre will just pervert into whatever he wants. The last 'new' thing I added was Betty Bart (still intend to clean up the audio for that some day - Kim Vanderveen said she got a better mic and would try again) and Andre stole the DMD assets for that and used it for his own garbage before I ever got it in to the game myself.

Ugh, I can't imagine how frustrating and discouraging that must be. There are things we can do to prevent that in the future however it sounds like most of the damage is already done.

#1206 7 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

Ugh, I can't imagine how frustrating and discouraging that must be. There are things we can do to prevent that in the future however it sounds like most of the damage is already done.

Yeah, kinda too late to bother about that now. I realize now that I'm just not altruistic enough to be at peace with actual open source. I wanted the code to be available for others to see how it worked so they could maybe make a project of their own, and use what I did as a learning tool/crutch to get going. I hadn't envisioned anyone taking it as a whole, changing some features, and then turning around and saying it was theirs. I should have, but I did not.

#1207 7 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I am curious if you are running CCC in color or with DMD with the rpi3? We have seen similar single board computers (cubietruck, etc) running CCC but never a rpi3 running it in color lcd. (my friend tested it with rpi, rpi2 and odroid without success If I recall correctly)

I am running the color LCD. I did have issues with overlays not rendering correctly which is what I was referring to when I mentioned that I fixed an issue with the DMD layers not displaying correctly. I had planned to integrate my fix directly into the lib (can't remember the name of it off of the top of my head) that renders the dots but for now I'm just fixing things up in the draw callback in python.
I had also done a few fixes regarding positioning of the dots as well but that was fairly simple.

What is the current boot time to the CCC graphic screen when you turn on the PC? My friends test was about a minute boot time to the graphics screen. We'd like to get that down to 15 seconds if possible.

When I last tested it (again going from memory) I was somewhere around 20 seconds but this was without a boot loader. I was just launching the full install of linux and starting the game then.

What distro are you running for linux?

I'm was running Raspbian if I recall correctly (not sure which revision).

Lastly, how do you prevent yaml corruption when you turn the power off? For PCs there is a shutdown controller by Scott D, but these don't work with SBCs. We have an non-elegant approach that works fine, but I'd like to hear yours

Well currently I don't! I had planned to use UPS PIco (https://www.modmypi.com/raspberry-pi/breakout-boards/pi-modules/ups-pico) which is a stackable UPS for the RPI2/3. It claims to have a GPIO API that I had planned to use to register when the power had been cut and subsequently shut down the pi safely. Whether this would work or not, I truly don't know but it was the direction I was headed.

Added over 7 years ago: Well, my memory did not serve me correctly regarding load times! It takes about 20 seconds just to get into Raspbian then another 15 for CCC to display. I'm depending on the boot loader to increase boot times and I'll work on a solution to increase the loading time of the game.

#1208 7 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I am running the color LCD. I did have issues with overlays not rendering correctly which is what I was referring to when I mentioned that I fixed an issue with the DMD layers not displaying correctly. I had planned to integrate my fix directly into lib (can't remember the name of it off of the top of my head) that renders the dots but for now I'm just fixing things up in the draw callback in python.

I hacked the libpinproc dmd.c to make the layering work properly with my color solution (which is entirely a "just make it work" thing). There was information on the wiki about that. Not sure if that's the same thing you're talking about.

#1209 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I should probably talk to nomonkey about co-operating on the project to get all his structure improvements involved first though,

I would totally be in on this! I'd need a little bit of time to re-familiarize myself with what I was up to when I stopped and fix the remaining bugs I was working through. Please feel free to send me a PM if you'd like to get something going.

#1210 7 years ago

I'd be interested in the em only game option

#1211 7 years ago

Eric, any additions make it better. CCC is always a hit when people play at my house. An EM option would be nice as I don't have any EMs so I'd be in.

#1212 7 years ago

The EM version of the game sounds like fun and a bit of something different when the mood takes you. What other could you do this with, a nice talking point as well. If you could incorporate an EM style score reel display on the screen, that would be cool.

#1213 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

The EM version of the game sounds like fun and a bit of something different when the mood takes you. What other could you do this with, a nice talking point as well. If you could incorporate an EM style score reel display on the screen, that would be cool.

It has a special score display/font to make it look like a reel - it doesn't animate to the next digit though.

#1214 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It has a special score display/font to make it look like a reel - it doesn't animate to the next digit though.

If that is possible to add, WOW.

#1215 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

If that is possible to add, WOW.

It's not an add - it's already there. It's in dots like the rest of the game, but it does simulate the look of a reel the best I could.

Edit: oh, unless you mean the animating from number to number. That's not worth the effort, IMHO. You don't really look at the score while playing much anyway.

#1216 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It's not an add - it's already there. It's in dots like the rest of the game, but it does simulate the look of a reel the best I could.

Sorry I should have added to that last comment, if you can make it animate the reels turning, it would look superb. Might be a huge amount of work to implement, that might be better spent on other improvements.

#1217 7 years ago

Anybody know of a decent western-ish ambient style music that could loop in the background of the EM style game? I fought pretty hard against adding that when Andre wanted it in Marshal Multiball, because it's supposed to be an EM! They don't have music! But I get that others will share Andre's opinion and want music playing as that's what they're used to. I just need to find a nice sound-track-style background track to use as an option (would be a user selectable on/off, of course).

#1218 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody know of a decent western-ish ambient style music that could loop in the background of the EM style game? I fought pretty hard against adding that when Andre wanted it in Marshal Multiball, because it's supposed to be an EM! They don't have music! But I get that others will share Andre's opinion and want music playing as that's what they're used to. I just need to find a nice sound-track-style background track to use as an option (would be a user selectable on/off, of course).

Something from Ennio Morricone would be pretty sweet... I don't think I've made Marshall Multiball to see how it plays to find a piece that may work. Lots of his stuff is pretty slow paced... which may fit with an EM but maybe not in a modern machine playing like an EM.

The Good, The Bad and the Ugly could work.

Or does it need to in the public domain?

#1219 7 years ago

Something not too obtrusive that can just roll in the background so there's not silence while the ball rolls around. There would still be no music by default, this would just be an option.

Something kinda like this: https://www.premiumbeat.com/royalty_free_music/songs/lonesome-cowboy-spaghetti-western

#1220 7 years ago
Quoted from NoMonkey:

I wanted to share that I have a custom version of CCC that I run in my machine. As a game programmer by profession, I was intrigued by the fact that I had the source code to an entire pinball game and of course wanted to play around with it!
Now from this point forward I want it to be clear that I am in no way taking credit for any of Eric's hard work nor is this an advertisement to sell or even give away the work I've done. I often see Andre posting that he has a fix for any short comings of the CCC code to apparently peddle his own work and it's annoying to watch. This is just to make it known that I have done some work that might be worth sharing if condoned by Eric. Otherwise, this is just to tell you about the fun stuff I've done! I will NOT give any of this away without Eric's consent so please do not message me asking for any of this. I also know that Eric has never claimed to be a programmer and the work I've done is not to show him up or anything of the sort. What Eric has achieved is amazing, especially for a non-programmer, however the current code structure has it's short comings and I've spent some time to see if I can help with that. Whether anyone ends up caring is no different to me, and it's likely this has all been done before, but doing all of this work for only me to enjoy seems silly so I thought I'd share!
This is some work I did 8 months or so ago and isn't quite finished as I still have a few bugs of my own to sort out. I only put things on hold as I was utterly consumed by this project and my wife is all needy and stuff.
I'll be going from memory here so there are likely things I'm leaving out.
One of the main things I wanted was to remove the need for a Windows machine and instead be able to boot directly into CCC much like a standard pinball machine would with proprietary hardware. Could this be done on a PC? Sure, but I wanted a more integrated feel that was mounted in the back box and the PC my machine came with was bulky and wayyy overkill. I decided to try and get things running on a raspberry pi 3 for it's form factor and simply to see how it performed running the game. After a bit of work I had the game running on Linux and starting up on launch. This coming from a non-linux user took way longer than it should have! I had some issues where the dmd layers weren't rendering properly and had to mimic some of the C code from within python as well as fix up a few bits where directories didn't play nicely with Linux but other than that things worked without much else needed.
My plan was to create a custom boot loader that would boot directly into a stripped down version of Linux that loads super fast and only ever show CCC as if it we're loading from a rom.
I also was running the audio through a small form-factor amp.
I had planned to mount this all to a sheet of something-or-other that fit nicely in the stock mounting locations of the back-box.
I started out just fixing a few bugs but the further I got into it, the more I started to organize the code and began making general improvements.
At this point I've rewritten all modes, asset management, and the main game loop/resetting functionality to be more reliable and easier to work on when adding future updates/modes. I've added a logging system that makes the game easier to debug and have added a good amount of logging for failed modes, etc.. I've also made some general updates such as the HSTD DMD images scrolling in reverse when hitting the left flipper, the long hang that can occur when leaving service mode, as well as a few other odds and ends that I can't recall.
None of my work changed the general design nor flow of what Eric had setup as that wasn't the intent. I love the game as is. I did, however make it fairly easy to add new modes as I wanted to try my hand at adding something fun like cowboys vs aliens (brilliant btw!).
A few other features I wanted to add included automatic updates via WiFi, error reports that would upload to a server to make tracking down issues easier, and some general telemetry (e.g. Average/Percentage of mode completion, switch hits, etc.)
As mentioned before, my work is unfinished however I do plan to get back to it soon!
And to reiterate, this is just a project I've been working on for my own sake; Not to advertise or sell. I take no credit for the gameplay itself and want to thank Eric for taking the initiative and bringing such a great game to life!

Good lord guys... y'all collaborate and monetize this thing. I've got a CC and want to upgrade code. Would gladly spend my money on this combined effort.

#1221 7 years ago
Quoted from Cserold:

Good lord guys... y'all collaborate and monetize this thing. I've got a CC and want to upgrade code. Would gladly spend my money on this combined effort.

To be fair, it's a complete game already - NoMonkey just make it into a brick shithouse, instead of a lean-to over a hole. There's almost no reason not to run it as is (it just has a few bugs still, I'm sure @skullz could enumerate

#1222 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Something not too obtrusive that can just roll in the background so there's not silence while the ball rolls around. There would still be no music by default, this would just be an option.
Something kinda like this: https://www.premiumbeat.com/royalty_free_music/songs/lonesome-cowboy-spaghetti-western

Ask Danesi!!

#1223 7 years ago

Danesi doesn't do country *OR* western.

#1224 7 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Something from Ennio Morricone would be pretty sweet... I don't think I've made Marshall Multiball to see how it plays to find a piece that may work. Lots of his stuff is pretty slow paced... which may fit with an EM but maybe not in a modern machine playing like an EM.
The Good, The Bad and the Ugly could work.
» YouTube video
Or does it need to in the public domain?

I would absolutely LOVE this as the background!!!!

#1225 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Oh man, this would be cool! The user could turn the feature on or off in the settings! Sweet!

Keep us posted and keep up the great work!

#1226 7 years ago

So just an update. I went back and bent that switch back quite a bit. It's a really thin leaf switch and it looked like it was just sitting on the target. It still looks like it is sitting on the target but I pulled it back so it's kind of bent/twisted like a swirly of pasta. It's still fairly flat and seems to work well now. I'll continue to try it out but it does register shots from what I can tell. I hit the beer mug and it said "3 shots for drunk multi-ball." However, it did not give me mult-ball within the first 2-3 minutes of the game which is definitely a change. I'll keep everyone posted.

In the meantime, does anyone know where I can buy that entire switch assembly? I might just end up installing a new one. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Did some digging and these are now where to be found. Also searched through every parts distributor and nothing. Luckily, my entire assembly is fine, it's just that there is a leaf switch behind part A 20783-7 that seems to register the points. I'll keep an eye on it like I said.

#1227 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

eggbert52, in case we haven't been clear enough yet, underneath the metal lever that makes the beer mug jump is an actual stand up target. If it's working properly, when you hit the metal lever, the beer mug should jump and the metal bit should hit the target and then it should all re-set. Make sure none of that is binding up and that the target switch isn't adjusted badly so that it's essentially always closed.

Didn't see this post earlier Eric but thanks very much. So, I don't seem to have an actual drop down but I do have a switch that hits another leaf switch which hits another thin leaf switch. These leaf switches were touching so when I pulled the farthest one toward the head back a little, it definitely started working well again.

Now, I am still having issues with the sound and lights on Cowboys versus Aliens muti-ball shutting off. The music is going and all of a sudden it mutes out for 1-3 seconds depending. Is this supposed to happen?

All in all, I totally think the leaf switch was causing the game to always go to Drunk Multi-ball which is why I hadn't seen Cowboys vs. Aliens in a while.

Thanks, I think I'm getting the game closer to the way it should be.

#1228 7 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Now, I am still having issues with the sound and lights on Cowboys versus Aliens muti-ball shutting off. The music is going and all of a sudden it mutes out for 1-3 seconds depending. Is this supposed to happen?

Is the rest of the game still responsive during the sound pause? (lights/flippers/etc) or does it all go dead for a bit?

#1229 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Is the rest of the game still responsive during the sound pause? (lights/flippers/etc) or does it all go dead for a bit?

Everything else works including the flippers and from what I can tell all of the shots. The sound just shuts down for 1-3 seconds. Sorry, should have mentioned, most of the lights are out also. I'll try and get some video next time it happens. Is there anyway to update my code?

#1230 7 years ago

Hey Eric
How about one of these? I have them individually on .wav files if you need.

Wally

#1231 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Danesi doesn't do country *OR* western.

#1232 7 years ago

epthegeek and @nomonkey... You guys I'm sure have it all handled and unfortunately I do not have a CC myself so I probably wouldn't be any help, but as a programmer by profession myself I would love to help out any way I can with your code merge.

#1233 7 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

epthegeek and nomonkey... You guys I'm sure have it all handled and unfortunately I do not have a CC myself so I probably wouldn't be any help, but as a programmer by profession myself I would love to help out any way I can with your code merge.

You can take a look at CCC on Visual Pinball... it runs great and looks amazing.

http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/p-roc-installer-tutorial/

#1234 7 years ago

Mine still has issues every once in a great while, i can never pin down whats going on when it happens, but sometimes the super skill shot freezes, sometimes the music stops playing and once in a while the game will reboot. I know the reboot happens when i have multi-ball going on and i get the four barts pooping up at the same time during multi-ball, but may have other stuff going on at that time also. These issues are rare but do happen. Still makes the game 100% better, definetly worth it to upgrade im my opinion.

#1235 7 years ago
Quoted from roar:

You can take a look at CCC on Visual Pinball... it runs great and looks amazing.
http://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/p-roc-installer-tutorial/

Serious? Wow, I never knew that. Been really wanting to try out the code. Awesome, thanks for the tip.

#1236 7 years ago

Yeah diddo! Thanks roar

#1237 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Mine still has issues every once in a great while, i can never pin down whats going on when it happens, but sometimes the super skill shot freezes, sometimes the music stops playing and once in a while the game will reboot. I know the reboot happens when i have multi-ball going on and i get the four barts pooping up at the same time during multi-ball, but may have other stuff going on at that time also. These issues are rare but do happen. Still makes the game 100% better, definetly worth it to upgrade im my opinion.

The music thing is a race condition problem I still need to fix. The super skill shot could be a variety of things, but if you work out a repeatable way to do it, let me know and I'm sure it can get fixed.

I've never hit a hard crash/restart though. That's a new one.

#1238 7 years ago

It has done it twice, but its hard to pin down whats going on, all i know that with whatever is happening, it only did it when the 4 bart targets are going together. Still love the code, great game. Did you ever find a voice for betty bart?

#1239 7 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Serious? Wow, I never knew that. Been really wanting to try out the code. Awesome, thanks for the tip.

Quoted from merccat:

Yeah diddo! Thanks roar

It really looks and plays best on a virtual pin cab too

This is what mine looks like, with the glass off showing some major glare

27882446443_3d4a60b693_k (resized).jpg27882446443_3d4a60b693_k (resized).jpg

#1240 7 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

sometimes the super skill shot freezes...

Check your ramp micro-switches.

I had one that wasn't reading and that's what fixed my problem.

#1241 7 years ago

I'm gonna finish off some other Party modes I experimented with but never put in the game.

Anti-Chimp : Activate both flippers at the same time, you tilt. Doesn't matter if you're holding one and hit the other. Still tilts.
Alternate: Game Starts with right flipper active. Once you flip right, you can't flip right again until you flip left. Etc.

Does anybody use the party stuff? Or is this for my own amusement?

Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 12.47.00 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-03-26 at 12.47.00 AM (resized).png

#1242 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm gonna finish off some other Party modes I experimented with but never put in the game.
Anti-Chimp : Activate both flippers at the same time, you tilt. Doesn't matter if you're holding one and hit the other. Still tilts.
Alternate: Game Starts with right flipper active. Once you flip right, you can't flip right again until you flip left. Etc.

I like the party modes but I don't like the banner that stays on the display, until you disable it on the next game.

Any suggestions?

CCC (resized).jpgCCC (resized).jpg

#1243 7 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I like the party modes but I don't like the banner that stays on the display, until you disable it on the next game.
Any suggestions?

I could make the banner in attract an option - but the idea was to warn people that non-standard rules are enabled. If you play a party mode, and then leave it on, and some unsuspecting person plays, they'll be very confused. The banner was just to try to warn them, if they see it.

What about a new page in the attract mode after the title screen that says which party mode is enabled, maybe with a short description. That would be easy to miss though.

Or maybe if you press start when party mode is on it brings up that screen that says party mode is enabled with a description and asks you to hold a flipper (or both) to confirm you want to play party mode rules. Could play the party mode menu song as an attention grabber.

Other party mode ideas:

Sticky Flippers: Hit a flipper button, flipper activates normally, when you release, it doesn't release. When you hit the button again, the flipper drops.
Stutter: Every other flipper button press on the same side does nothing. (Flip) (no reaction) (Flip) (no reaction) etc.

#1244 7 years ago

Ooh, maybe I'll use this for the EM game backdrop audio:

#1245 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Party mode is great and the music you put into it is fun. I forget the name of the individual mode but the one where each player gets a set number of total flips before the flippers die, is a great dollar competition game.

I remain amazed and grateful for all of your creative hard work, Eric.

#1246 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Party mode is great and the music you put into it is fun. I forget the name of the individual mode but the one where each player gets a set number of total flips before the flippers die, is a great dollar competition game.
I remain amazed and grateful for all of your creative hard work, Eric.

Dollar games are kind of the whole point of party mode. That end of the night thing where everybody has played a bunch of pinball already and are just looking to change things up. Throw down some dollars, pick a party mode and everything you know is wrong.

#1247 7 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to update my current CCC?

#1248 7 years ago

I like Chimp Tilt just because it has a monkey in the dots!

Love the party modes. Bring em on!

#1249 7 years ago

Are you going to try and get better audio for Betty Bart? The one in there now just does not have the right match to what you would think Betty Bart would sound like. I guess it could just be me?

#1250 7 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I like Chimp Tilt just because it has a monkey in the dots!
Love the party modes. Bring em on!

As long as there's some good logic in there for Chimp Tilt, I'm all for it. But there's plenty of times i've hit both flippers at(almost) the same time trying avoid a SDTM drain. During multiball, I might actually be legitimately hitting both flippers at the same time to launch 2+ balls out.

Aand as long as it doesn't prevent cradling.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 85.00
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project/page/25 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.