moother (resized).png
D38F2F0E-EEFC-482A-8D8C-EECCB1A4D57C (resized).jpeg
cactus-polly (resized).jpg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi-z2 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi4 (resized).jpg
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 32.
#1051 8 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Will there be DMD animations for the new Betty Bart at any point?

Betty has the same headshot/reaction and wanted poster that the other brothers do. I actually posted her headshot a LONG time ago.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project?tu=epthegeek#post-1732759

1 month later
#1052 7 years ago

Nice cow animations and betty graphic is nice.
To get the code, I used april instead of march from the website.
Thanks for the update

#1053 7 years ago

Fantastilisimo!!!

2 weeks later
#1054 7 years ago

Regarding last code, nice graphics for the girl. However the voice quality of recording seems to differ with the previous professional voice and is not as good.
Also, since this new girl (bart) is part of the band, her voice appears te be louder and it feel a bit strange when we fight them one after the others.
I really like the cow. Really nice idea. (Again)

#1055 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but after I added this last update, the software started randomly closing, sometimes during play, sometimes when it was just sitting idle. The only error I could find was in the Linux debug, which only said "error opening proc". I uninstall the update and the problem goes away.

#1056 7 years ago

I can't take it anymore!! After reading about all of the cool stuff with CCC, I just had to order my kit! Hopefully I will have it in a week or two. The original CC is fun, but really limited as to software. CCC looks like it dotted all of the "i"s and crossed all of the "t"s, as well as quite a bit more. Can't wait to give it a try!

#1057 7 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

I can't take it anymore!! After reading about all of the cool stuff with CCC, I just had to order my kit! Hopefully I will have it in a week or two. The original CC is fun, but really limited as to software. CCC looks like it dotted all of the "i"s and crossed all of the "t"s, as well as quite a bit more. Can't wait to give it a try!

You won't regret it. Congrats!

#1058 7 years ago

I recently discovered CCC and I love it!

Only one thing: The animation when Polly is killed by the train is too violent and does not fit a Williams-style game. I think this should be solved in another, maybe more comedy style animation without the blood and cut off body parts...

#1059 7 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I recently discovered CCC and I love it!
Only one thing: The animation when Polly is killed by the train is too violent and does not fit a Williams-style game. I think this should be solved in another, maybe more comedy style animation without the blood and cut off body parts...

The option with that is to disable it in the service menu. I'm not going to make a kinder, gentler death by train. The whole joke is that it's gory and WMS never does that.

#1060 7 years ago

Then I think I'll disable this animation. Although it should be a joke and it's done very professionally I still think this kind of pictures does not fit.

#1061 7 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Then I think I'll disable this animation. Although it should be a joke and it's done very professionally I still think this kind of pictures does not fit.

Luckily you can disable it and move on

#1062 7 years ago

We are looking to build more interactive mods for CCC. Attached is our lighted train mod, lights up only when it moves.
Any new ideas please let me know?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1063 7 years ago

@PiperPinball: New ideas can be found here: http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!cactus-canyon-news/cs2n And more will follow soon...

@ClarkKent: Eric implemented the "Polly Dies" animation as it was in the orignal code, which is perfect. CCEE goes even a little bit further where you can set it to "Hide, normal and bloody -> see http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!ccee-code-update/cr3g. So its always good that the player can choose its preferences. But as markmon said: Just disable it and you will be fine. BTW: Do you have the pinball "Tales from the crypt ?"

#1064 7 years ago
Quoted from banderas:

@ClarkKent: Eric implemented the "Polly Dies" animation as it was in the orignal code, which is perfect.

No I didn't. I made it from scratch. There is no polly death animation in the original game or ROM data.

#1065 7 years ago

Ha-ha! Polly got gibbed!

#1066 7 years ago

Is it possible to use a real color LED DMD for CCC? I have Pin2DMD here...

#1067 7 years ago

Hihi, after inspecting the bandera website it seems that he is obsessed with CCC, almost fanatic... Nice to see the enthusiasm although it's extreme...

#1068 7 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Hihi, after inspecting the bandera website it seems that he is obsessed with CCC, almost fanatic... Nice to see the enthusiasm although it's extreme...

Does the word "extreme" in Austria, also mean "stolen?"

#1069 7 years ago

Why stolen? I ment a little bit overexaggerated, crazy... Never ever saw such enthusiasm for only one machine!

#1070 7 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Regarding last code, nice graphics for the girl. However the voice quality of recording seems to differ with the previous professional voice and is not as good.
Also, since this new girl (bart) is part of the band, her voice appears te be louder and it feel a bit strange when we fight them one after the others.
I really like the cow. Really nice idea. (Again)

Kim is going to re-record the Betty call outs soon. Without a sound studio or professional recording equipment, it's pretty tuff to match up to the other call outs. We recently purchased a better microphone and worst case, we'll seek out a local sound studio

#1071 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The option with that is to disable it in the service menu. I'm not going to make a kinder, gentler death by train. The whole joke is that it's gory and WMS never does that.

Well, then how about a new animation where, when the train hits Polly, the train explodes and all the cars go flying, but Polly remains unhurt!

I dunno, seemed like a funny idea to me.

This looks like an amazing project guys, hope I get a chance to play it sometime.

#1072 7 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Why stolen? I ment a little bit overexaggerated, crazy... Never ever saw such enthusiasm for only one machine!

The stolen part refers to him taking the game I built, changing a few things (mostly adding things I didn't think were good ideas) and then distributing his own version to people he sells computer systems to.

I put it out in the world as open source, because I wanted other people who were thinking of making their own games to see how I did things and maybe learn from it. I hadn't counted on someone being so bold as to pull a shitty move like he did. I guess that was me being naive.

#1073 7 years ago
Quoted from mystman12:

Well, then how about a new animation where, when the train hits Polly, the train explodes and all the cars go flying, but Polly remains unhurt!
I dunno, seemed like a funny idea to me.
This looks like an amazing project guys, hope I get a chance to play it sometime.

There's no guys, it's just me. And unfortunately, I'm not good enough of an artist to come up with 128x32 art in 4 shades that would look good enough for something as fancy as that. It's a fun idea though.

#1074 7 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Is it possible to use a real color LED DMD for CCC? I have Pin2DMD here...

It should work as a regular DMD. The software can drive the standard dmd display that comes with a Cactus Canyon if you don't want to use a colorLCD -- but it would not be colorized. That version is only built to drive a video display.

#1075 7 years ago

I would like to hear the train getting louder and blowing whistle as it progresses toward Polly. This will build pressure on player, much as the heartbeat does in SS. Great game Eric, thanks for all your work.

#1076 7 years ago

Agreed. Great game Eric! Especially 'Party mode'.

My heavily modded CCC looks and plays great. Recently added 'Gold Vein' armor to it.

I have a ton of new ideas to make it better (with your approval of course). PM's to follow.

-Dan

#1077 7 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It should work as a regular DMD. The software can drive the standard dmd display that comes with a Cactus Canyon if you don't want to use a colorLCD -- but it would not be colorized. That version is only built to drive a video display.

Would be nice to have support for color LED DMDs in future!

#1078 7 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Agreed. Great game Eric! Especially 'Party mode'.
My heavily modded CCC looks and plays great. Recently added 'Gold Vein' armor to it.
I have a ton of new ideas to make it better (with your approval of course). PM's to follow.
-Dan

Would love to see pics of your CCC Dan.

#1079 7 years ago

Here's some pics of my CCC. HEP restore than I did a chrome pckg. upgrade. I love this game with the extra C!!!!

CCC_(3)_(resized).JPGCCC_(3)_(resized).JPG
CCC_(12)_(resized).JPGCCC_(12)_(resized).JPG
009_(resized).JPG009_(resized).JPG

#1080 7 years ago

I agree and I am so glad Eric did this upgrade. For years I wanted a CC, but I just didn't want to spend that kind of money on one. I found one last year for a decent price (thanks Marcus and Eric) and had a buddy of mine to do the restore (another thanks to Mark). Believe me, I was hesitant at first because I heard the stories of the game being "unfinished" and wasn't worth the money. But once I finally got my CC home with the continued added on, I have no regrets at all. I thought the price Eric charged for the system was good, especially since you consider he throws in a color DMD. Plus, Eric was fast in answering my emails about the program. Nothing wrong with it, just my stupid self figuring out how to download a zip file. Mom doesn't call me "son" because I'm bright when it comes to some computer stuff

The pin is now one of my favorites and is concreted to my gameroom floor. There's so many nods to the past Bally/Williams games that Eric put in this pin, not including Drunk Multiball, Cowboys vs aliens, Boss Betty (so glad Eric put her in. I mean, she's on the back glass for Christ sakes, she needs to be in the game), and an occasional appearance from Rudy as a guest boss target. If I ever got rid of CCC, I would feel like I got rid of FH, MM, AFM, CV, MB and others all wrapped up in one pinball package.

Okay, I'll end this post. I could go on and on about CCC, but stating its one of THE best pinball "mods" out there would be an understatement.

#1081 7 years ago
Quoted from BillR:

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but after I added this last update, the software started randomly closing, sometimes during play, sometimes when it was just sitting idle. The only error I could find was in the Linux debug, which only said "error opening proc". I uninstall the update and the problem goes away.

Has anybody else had this problem? I loaded the new code and haven't had any problems.

#1082 7 years ago

Just finished the CCC installation on my game and have had a chance to play it a bit. First off though, I want to thank both Eric and Gerry from P-ROC for all of their help in assisting me during installation. I had a very strange problem after install which I could not diagnose. Eric and Gerry spent literally hours and hours texting me and each other trying various things until we discovered the solution. As it turns out, the issue related to a problem with my power driver board. Replacing it solved the problem. Much thanks, guys. No question both of you really stand behind your product!

As far as the game itself, I have only just begun to discover some of the features, but I can tell you it really takes Cactus Canyon to a new level. At least as good as it would have been if WMS had taken the time to finish the code, and quite possibly even better! Many new sounds, music, and features! So much that I have had to read the documentation several times to begin to take it all in. FANTASTIC job Eric! Thanks for doing this!
All I can say is, if you have a CC and are on the fence, go for it! You will have a brand new game as good as anything Bally/Williams has ever released! You will not regret it, I can promise you that!

#1083 7 years ago

I've played several games now and I haven't seen Rudy, but plenty of the new female character.

Is he harder to get to now?

#1084 7 years ago

Indypin, ill send more pics tomorrow. All the armor is now 'Goldvein' looks pretty good. Very western looking.

1. Lighted train mod.
2. Totem pole with red leds
3. LCD Wanted poster mod
4. Cowboy with hand cannon led pistol holding up the train.
5. Pistols that flash when flipper buttons are pressed
6. Red leds in Bad Barts eyes with 5v flashing pistols
7. 3mm white led installed in beer mug.
8. Teepee flasher covers
9. More ideas below.
10. Added pinballbulbs.com lighting kit

#1085 7 years ago

Looks amazing

#1086 7 years ago

Thanks Piper, they look awesome. Man your pin shines!

#1087 7 years ago

#1088 7 years ago

Oh, hooray. Andre's version.

Edit: never mind, hassanchop took the video post out.

#1089 7 years ago

#1090 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

I thought all the versions (color dmd or not) were your work.

This is the crux of my problem with Andre. He took all of the stuff I built, changed a few things and sells it as his own version, but it's not different enough and it often gets mistaken for being my work. There's no "war". He hides behind the fact that I released the code as 'open source' to justify his piggybacking on my project. I only intended for others building their own projects to look at how I did things as an example to those making their own ground up projects. In my naïveté I didn't expect anyone to release a hackjob version of the same thing.

#1091 7 years ago

#1092 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Ok now I know what happened. That truly sucks.
You didn't respond to my question: "So, I'm sorry if I made a bad call and will take it out of here if you want."

No need for that. Maybe just edit the post to mention that it's andre's "Cactus Canyon Extended Edition".

The bulk of what you'd see in the video is the same (sadly) so it really is a way for people to see things like Bionic Bart - which you may not see, even if you play a CCC because it's pretty far in to the game.

Edit: Should probably edit the Youtube Name & Description to mention that it's CCEE, not CCC, too.

#1093 7 years ago

@hassanchop: Indeed, this is not "Andres Version" but its the "Cactus Canyon Extended Edition" version, which is based on Erics "Cactus Canyon Continued" code. Its very well documented on our web page: http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!cactus-canyon-extended-edition/c6tp and also directly written on the 14.2 presentation video. Additionally, you have received the CCEE compendium (page 109) and there is one big article about Eric and his code and how everything started, which I wrote and sent it to Eric "for review" when everything started, and even with all that hate, I never changed it and is exactly the same as when I supported him with troubleshooting his code. And also now I am helping out when help is needed (Instruction cards, Save Polly crash bug) without starting any discussions.

Additionaly, when having a look at the DMD display in our presentation video, you always see in attract mode "continued by..." - "Eric "The Geek" to also show CCEE users that Eric wrote the base code.

In my opinion, it would be better to delete the video here since this is the "Cactus Canyon Continued" thread and you could use our internal CCEE forum for this.

Just to say "that he changed a few things" is a little bit underestimated. CCEE has over 80 additional features and a comparison can be seen here: http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!ccee-code-update/cr3g.

With more sounds, more music, more sound effects, new modes like RtT, CvA2 and video modes, together with extra features like the full featured jukebox player and the support for over 10 mods like RGB-GI mod, I would say that these are not just "few things", but this depends "on the eye of the beholder."

Actually, we simply just do not have time to create new DMDs and concentrate more on creating new mods and modes to have just more fun. When time permits, we will then also create new DMD animations.

#1094 7 years ago

I never put my own name in the attract mode of my own project, and I never asked for it to be on yours. CCC was never about me grandstanding, it was about trying to nicely finish up a game I thought deserved it.

All that "great" stuff you bolted on to my project and you still can't make DMD graphics. Just keep stealing mine.

#1095 7 years ago

I think both versions have a right to be out in the pinballworld.

I like the CCC Version from Eric cause he made a really good job to complete the game.

But it is also nice to see that ccee growing up, cause their are some nice ideas implemented. The only thing i don't like is, that every extension for the closed systems costs.

Some mods i would like to do with my own stuff (shaker, cav strobe).

i don't know how much this closed system costs. But i would like to work things out and try and test them with my own pc, my own amplifier and my own lcd. so no Chance for me.

But thanks to both for beeing creativ and esspecially Eric for his help and support in your "not working time"

#1096 7 years ago

Nobody cares about your justifications for selling and capitalizing on what Eric originated and worked for. In my view you're corrupt and shameless no matter how many different ways you try to explain yourself. You're like a cat covering up shit and the box stinks each time it gets stirred.

#1097 7 years ago

As far as I understand this trouble is only about the fact that CCEE is not open source anymore and the author is charging for it? That's really not fair if it's based on Eric's version which is free of charge.

#1098 7 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

That's really not fair if it's based on Eric's version which is free of charge.

Agree is it not fair and not in the spirit of what Eric did, and to me it is just plain scummy, but not illegal. I don't think Eric envisioned someone taking his work and then commercializing it, or he would have likely licensed it differently to prevent this. He released the code as he did to share what he did to help others doing 'continued' projects, or re-themes or total custom games. He wanted to make is so others working on these kind of projects could use bits and pieces to help them and not be overly burdened by a more restrictive license. I found it very helpful in looking at his service mode implementation to then do mine, I also look at how he handled colorizing things, and while I did not use his approach, it was certainly helpful in seeing how he looked at it, and how he decided to handle various challenges.

#1099 7 years ago

What an absolute truck load of nonsense. You ripped off Eric's hardwork for your own advantage. Without Eric's efforts your so called "extended" edition wouldn't exist, end of story.

Your continued attempts to try and twist the truth and somehow say your jizzed up version is an improvement, or the fact you gave back to Eric, a copy of his own instruction cards somehow proves you "helped" him, is just plain delusional and never will justify you ripping off his efforts for your own financial advantage. A very low act.

This type of thing has been pointed out to you on a number of occasions. However you still think it's ok to pop up whenever an opportunity presents itself to peddle your nonense. You are and always will be a joke!

Long live CCC

A huge thumbs down to Andre and his pathetic CCEE rubbish

Quoted from banderas:

@hassanchop: Indeed, this is not "Andres Version" but its the "Cactus Canyon Extended Edition" version, which is based on Erics "Cactus Canyon Continued" code. Its very well documented on our web page: http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!cactus-canyon-extended-edition/c6tp and also directly written on the 14.2 presentation video. Additionally, you have received the CCEE compendium (page 109) and there is one big article about Eric and his code and how everything started, which I wrote and sent it to Eric "for review" when everything started, and even with all that hate, I never changed it and is exactly the same as when I supported him with troubleshooting his code. And also now I am helping out when help is needed (Instruction cards, Save Polly crash bug) without starting any discussions.
Additionaly, when having a look at the DMD display in our presentation video, you always see in attract mode "continued by..." - "Eric "The Geek" to also show CCEE users that Eric wrote the base code.
In my opinion, it would be better to delete the video here since this is the "Cactus Canyon Continued" thread and you could use our internal CCEE forum for this.
Just to say "that he changed a few things" is a little bit underestimated. CCEE has over 80 additional features and a comparison can be seen here: http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!ccee-code-update/cr3g.
With more sounds, more music, more sound effects, new modes like RtT, CvA2 and video modes, together with extra features like the full featured jukebox player and the support for over 10 mods like RGB-GI mod, I would say that these are not just "few things", but this depends "on the eye of the beholder."
Actually, we simply just do not have time to create new DMDs and concentrate more on creating new mods and modes to have just more fun. When time permits, we will then also create new DMD animations.

#1100 7 years ago

Regardless of all the noise... Awesome project, being a programmer by profession and also loving the hardware side of pinball i would love to take on something similar someday. Thank you Eric for making your fine example available.

I would also hate for the noise to detract anyone else from making a project like this open source. At the time you release it you can add a license it such that the code is open but anything based on it must make their changes to the original open code also open source. They would still be able to write closed source extensions that plug into the open code and charge for those though so maybe you might also be able to structure a license such that its only free for personal use.

Maybe even existing licenses out there such as MIT or CreativeCommons might cover you enough.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project/page/22?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.