moother (resized).png
D38F2F0E-EEFC-482A-8D8C-EECCB1A4D57C (resized).jpeg
cactus-polly (resized).jpg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi-z2 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi4 (resized).jpg

There are 1,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 32.
#951 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, I'd fit right in at Stern. 3 years in, still working on "finishing" CC.

Will your creativity ever end?

Ever thought about a gunfight mode where the bad guys pop up and shoot at you. If you don't hit them quickly enough they hit you and your flippers start to get weak. Hitting the quick draw targets could give a one step boost to power, hitting the beer mug could put you back to full strength. Various awards could be given for the number of bad guys hit.

How about a timed mode where the goal is to hit as many bad guys as possible. Trick is they only pop up one at a time. As soon as you hit one the next one pops up in a random location. How about making the timer pausing when in the pop bumpers an option for the mode. Miss the bad guy and send the ball into the pops hurts.

#952 9 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

How about a timed mode where the goal is to hit as many bad guys as possible. Trick is they only pop up one at a time. As soon as you hit one the next one pops up in a random location. How about making the timer pausing when in the pop bumpers an option for the mode. Miss the bad guy and send the ball into the pops hurts.

Ambush is kind of like this already. And the ball in the pops will pause any timer in CCC. All of them.

#953 9 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Yeah, I'd fit right in at Stern. 3 years in, still working on "finishing" CC.

Damn dude. I wasn't even going there but that's pretty funny (and scary true!)...

Jaz

#954 9 years ago

I seem to be having problems with the latest code... Game enters attract mode then almost immediately enters the first part of service mode. It won't respond to enter or exit buttons but will exit the program on keyboard ESC. screenshot below...
mike.

Screenshot from 2015-03-03 15:35:30.pngScreenshot from 2015-03-03 15:35:30.png
#955 9 years ago

The console window is somehow taking back focus. Not sure why. But if you click on the DMD window you can see on the left of the console it should go back to working.

Edit: Oh, wait - I missed the bit about it automatically going into service menu. That's really odd. Spill coffee on your 7 key?

Post edited by epthegeek

#956 9 years ago

I think it must be a hardware issue since it looks like all four coin door switches are stuck on. It played a sound effect on start up and log messages imply that the vol buttons are both pressed in... oh well, some investigating to do...
mike.

1 week later
#957 9 years ago

I've been toying around with implementing Mark's RGB LED support from his F14 project, with some additional help from MOcean. The minimal idea being to use RGBs in the combo lights to indicate various things, while maintaining support for the regular lamps too. But I might go crazy and RGB a bunch of things. Not sure yet.

I made a test rig of 6 FAST LED boards to test out the combo lights work at least.

#958 9 years ago

Love how you keep working on the game Eric, to the benefit of all us owners. Thanks!

1 week later
#959 9 years ago

Wired up the RGB LED Combo lights on the machine today. They don't do a whole lot in gameplay yet as I haven't added code for that part, but the lightshows and a few small features in game are working.

It's Fast RGBs and an Arduino Nano that runs off the computer which also runs the game via the PROC. I'm using Mark's (Snux) setup with some code Mike (MOcean) provided to integrate it easily into procgame. Couldn't have done it without those guys!

I just pulled the bulbs out where the RGBs would go
first_led.jpgfirst_led.jpg

Even under the one that is in a socket
rgb_led.jpgrgb_led.jpg

Mounted the nano with a 3/4 inch electrical cable holder thing
nano.jpgnano.jpg

Here's a quick video of some attract mode action - some of the LED colors don't show up very well on video (wash out) but they look great in person.

#960 9 years ago

Very cool Eric, did you make the rgb combo a service menu option for those not running it to disable it or are you running a separate version of ccc on your game?

#961 9 years ago

It keys off an entry in the config. If that's there, the code shifts to a second set of lampshow files with the rgb cues. Other stuff is handled in the code.

#962 9 years ago

While working on color identification for the ramp chain combos, I realized the combos were pretty broken in general. Embarrassing, but tweaked properly now.

#963 9 years ago

Oh wow, looking forward to this being fully implemented!

#964 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Oh wow, looking forward to this being fully implemented!

So far I'm doing the following things with it:
- the lamp in front of the Bart toy flashes different colors
- Green for bounty to be collected
- Yellow for drunk multiball ready
- Red for bionic bart ready

- The combo lights show the shots that are higher value for combos
- If you've got a left/right combo going it higlights the other ramp's combo lamp in green
- If you've got a left/right chain of at least two it highlights the center in blue for the payoff

(I might change those to Yellow/Red instead since they're not used by any of the 'stack of three' inserts but green and blue are.)

- They all do different colors for various lightshows, like red for a bad guy hit, yellow for goldmine start, etc.

I'm not sure if also using them (color matched) to higlight jackpots that are lit during various modes would be too confusing with the combo highlights or not. Especially during the modes where combos are still available, like the save polly modes.

#965 9 years ago

Nice

Your approach is nice and tidy and wouldn't be so difficult for others to copy. Cheap too - a Nano knock-off and 6 Fast RGBs plus a USB cable must come in around $15-$20

Glad to see a few other people starting to try out this pretty simple approach to adding RGB lamps under pyprocgame. I've got 16 inserts with these FAST Leds in my Tomcat, mostly using the inserts down by the flippers, then I went add switched out all the GI too which was a fairly major effort and needed additional power.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/f14-tomcat-second-sortie-information-and-on-going-development/page/7#post-2306972

Looking forward to see what else you do with these in terms of integrating to the game play.

4 weeks later
#966 8 years ago

Hi
There iare some quotes I don't hear anymore like "honey just shoot anything".
I updated the code in january I guess and I have all the audio files.

Love the train passing by at the end.
Small GI effect like sunset (less light) effect would be great I think during gameplay.

Rudy was also a great idea.

Still amazed with all the features, thanks

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Small GI effect like sunset (less light) effect would be great I think during gameplay.

Strongly disagree:
- This would look awful with leds
- Gi provides ambient light to help see and play the game and shouldn't be used for effect making the game harder to see/play.

#968 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Strongly disagree:
- This would look awful with leds
- Gi provides ambient light to help see and play the game and shouldn't be used for effect making the game harder to see/play.

He only means for effect in certain things - like the gunfight start. And If I ever did put it in, it would be optional for those that have incandescent bulbs so it didn't ruin anything for anyone.

#969 8 years ago

You da man Eric ! Just seeing this

#970 8 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Just seeing this

Same!

I told you that your CCC was the highlight of my wifes 2013 Expo. Here's hoping that one of these years you'll haul it back out again. Great work on this, Eric.

#971 8 years ago

Yeah Eric is Awesome. Very impressive what he has done with this game.

#972 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Same!
I told you that your CCC was the highlight of my wifes 2013 Expo. Here's hoping that one of these years you'll haul it back out again. Great work on this, Eric.

It's retired from shows, but if you guys ever make it to MGC, we're 15 minutes away. You'd be welcome to play it in here.

#973 8 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Same!

Quoted from Elix72:

It's retired from shows, but if you guys ever make it to MGC, we're 15 minutes away. You'd be welcome to play it in here.

A little treat/incentive for folks to come to the VFW-AAPM Showcase.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vfw-aapm-showcase-2015-game-pictures-are-up#post-2398052

Thanks,
Eric V.

#974 8 years ago

To Markmon
Yes you're right I had no idea the effects with led. My apologies.
I mentionned incondescent bulbs. In this case, we could have really nice effects during gameplay events, like the ones of afm, mm and also (most of all) cirqus voltaire.
I play my pins (all 4 already mentionned) in the dark and I can see the difference a lot and the GI effects can be great.

To me the led are too bright and tires my eyes and I really do prefer the original aspect of the game (same for dot) but I respect the people who does prefers led.

2 months later
#975 8 years ago

I just updated to the latest release and I am losing the high scores every day or so. Web searches turn up nothing so it's got to be something I did. Anybody see anything like this?

Thanks

#976 8 years ago

I'd still like to try playing this.. (thread bump reminded me I meant to ask..) Is it possible to play this code on a VP table?

#977 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

I just updated to the latest release and I am losing the high scores every day or so. Web searches turn up nothing so it's got to be something I did. Anybody see anything like this?
Thanks

Is there a latest version released recently?

#978 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Thanks

Are you shutting down safely? Or cold cutting the power to the computer?

Losing settings and scores is a somewhat common side effect of not powering off the cpu safely.

#979 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Are you shutting down safely? Or cold cutting the power to the computer?
Losing settings and scores is a somewhat common side effect of not powering off the cpu safely.

I think this is exactly the problem. I'm used to the shutdown board from my BoP 2.0. Went looking for it here and there is none.

I'll put a note on it to use the shutdown menu.

Thanks

#980 8 years ago

Sorry for the shameless plug, but if you need another CSSC, you can get them here:

http://www.danesidesigns.com/products/cssc/

Thanks,
--Scott

3 weeks later
#981 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Here's a quick video of some attract mode action....

Hey Eric,

Who sells the lit beer mug in your video?

#982 8 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Hey Eric,
Who sells the lit beer mug in your video?

Andre made that. But he'll only sell them to the people that bought his version of my game. Or nobody. I'm not sure. I tried to encourage him to sell them to everybody.

#983 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Andre made that. But he'll only sell them to the people that bought his version of my game. Or nobody. I'm not sure. I tried to encourage him to sell them to everybody.

Even if he was selling them to everyone, I would never buy anything from that guy.

Thanks anyway!

#984 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anyone else have the ability to make these? I'd love to get one....

1 week later
#985 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

This statement is obsolete. The Beer Mug Mod (http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!cactus-canyon-page-2/cnbf) was a project Eric and I realized together. Because CCC has full support for the beer mug mod, it can also be used with CCC and is not depended from anything else. For further information, just contact me via our web page (http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!contact/c21nl)

#986 8 years ago
Quoted from banderas:

This statement is obsolete. The Beer Mug Mod (http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!cactus-canyon-page-2/cnbf) was a project Eric and I realized together. Because CCC has full support for the beer mug mod, it can also be used with CCC and is not depended from anything else. For further information, just contact me via our web page (http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!contact/c21nl)

It is not obsolete. I (and others) have asked you repeatedly how to place an order and since we didn't buy your software we are always ignored. You have these posts on your site with no way to purchase.

#987 8 years ago

Can't anyone else make these?

#988 8 years ago

I'd like a beer mug mod please.

#989 8 years ago

Please do NOT spam Erics code thread since this is not the right place or just create a new thread. Questions concerning the Beer Mug mod can be sent via our homepage: http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!contact/c21nl.

#990 8 years ago

Oh, hey, speaking of code - I don't think I mentioned that I backed off the RGB combo inserts thing for a number of reasons. So, for anybody that was hoping to see that out in the wild, sorry.

Also, thread isn't really about code, just about CCC, so whatever.

#991 8 years ago
Quoted from banderas:

Please do NOT spam Erics code thread since this is not the right place or just create a new thread. Questions concerning the Beer Mug mod can be sent via our homepage: http://bandera6.wix.com/pinballmoding#!contact/c21nl.

I don't think anyone has questions. Instead we wanted to order. That seems to be impossible and so far nothing you have said here indicates otherwise.

#992 8 years ago

Any news on adding betty to the game? Did you get anyone to do the voice calls?

#993 8 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Any news on adding betty to the game? Did you get anyone to do the voice calls?

Nope. I haven't really been actively trying to recruit people though.

2 weeks later
#994 8 years ago

I just got my Cactus Canyon back and have the PROC all set up, CCC installed but I just need the help to locate the DMD and Audio files and then it should be a go. Thanks. Love the work Eric and I am excited!

1 week later
#995 8 years ago

Does anybody have the PDF of the rule cards I made up for CCC? It got lost when the webhost server died and I can't seem to locate the original on my end .

#996 8 years ago

Let me know if you locate it or if a new one is created.

I never knew it existed.

#997 8 years ago

Andre still had it from way back when and sent me a copy. Very nice of him. I'll link it back up on the wiki at soldmy.org/pin/ccc

I thought I had saved them as a PDF, but it's just a PNG image.

1 month later
#998 8 years ago

Eric your site is down.

#999 8 years ago

Site is not down.

#1000 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Site is not down.

Are you sure about that? It doesn't load up for me. Tried it on my PC and then on my phone, neither loads the page.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs
Displays
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 49.99
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
There are 1,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.