Topic Stats

• 1,372 posts
  • 200 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 71 days ago by epthegeek
  • Topic is favorited by 86 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 98 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Soundfiles (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
1 (resized).JPG
2 (resized).JPG
3 (resized).JPG
4 (resized).JPG
5 (resized).JPG
8181 (resized).jpg
CCC (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-03-26 at 12.47.00 AM (resized).png
27882446443_3d4a60b693_k (resized).jpg
head_mount (resized).JPG
100_9739_(resized).JPG
100_9761_(resized).JPG
100_9746_(resized).JPG
image_(resized).jpeg

There are 1372 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 28.
#51 6 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

I think this title could use some combos
maybe 2 or 3 way combo you could use the train for one shot in a combo.
I would leave it as save the girl hurry up though.

Working on combos this morning. Right now I have it set up like SW:E1 combos - using just the left and right ramp, you can chain together combos and each one is worth (currently) 50,000 as long as the chain continues.

How about if you hit the center ramp after the chain is more than 1, you get a bonus of 25,000 for the length of the chain -- so for example - if you hit the left ramp, then right the chain is at 2 and you get 50,000 for the second shot, then you hit the center and the chain goes up to 3, and you get 25,000 * 3 for that, so 75,000 --- BUT, if you're able to string more left/rights together before hitting the center it'd be worth more.

Update: ended up going with this idea. When you hit the center, it calls it a 'super combo' and caps it off - so you can hit R/L as many times in a row as you dare, then shoot the center for the bonus -- center doesn't do anything (currently) if you hit it as the second ramp, only 3rd +

Post edited by epthegeek : Updated info

#52 6 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

but if you don't, well, could be the second "fatality" in pinball, (first being in CFTBL)

Hmm, what about Doctor Who where you lose the video mode, looks like fatality, but maybe not.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Update: ended up going with this idea. When you hit the center, it calls it a 'super combo' and caps it off - so you can hit R/L as many times in a row as you dare, then shoot the center for the bonus -- center doesn't do anything (currently) if you hit it as the second ramp, only 3rd

nice idea, way to make the game more fun!

#54 6 years ago

Eric,

Just reviewed your thread at the PROC Forums. Very impressive.

I'm a CC fan too, and this work is nice, really nice.

The town drunk high score and multiball with reversed flippers are really spot on and very much in keeping with the lighthearted whimsy found in this era of Bly/Wms pins. Not sure how forgiving you need to be during that mode, maybe just make the initial ball-saver adjustable in the setup menu. (I'd find it really amusing to witness my friends/family freaking out when it kicks in.)

LMK if you want to share your work, I'd gladly offer to integrate the PROC system with my pin and help put it through its paces.

#55 6 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

I'm a CC fan too, and this work is nice, really nice.

Thanks.

My goal is to have all the additions and changes be quality enough that if you didn't know it was custom software, you'd assume it came that way. For example, I'm not going to use the 16 'shades' the P-ROC can put out to play digitized video or anything bizarre like that. My intent is to honor and expand the game, not trash it up like 2-for-1 T-shirt shops at a tourist trap.

#56 6 years ago

It's awesome. Where is the new match feature?

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from BillP:

It's awesome. Where is the new match feature?

This video has a step through of the animation for it, but I don't have a complete version of it on any video yet. The idea is the 2 digits are behind the last 2 bottles that break.

#58 6 years ago

Is someone able to buy a proc and download and run your project? Like is it an open source code base? Are you interested in any help?

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Is someone able to buy a proc and download and run your project? Like is it an open source code base? Are you interested in any help?

The code is available on github, but not the sounds and dmd files. And it's hideous, amateurish and unfinished.

Eventually, when it's "finished" (read as mostly bug free and fully playable) I'll worry about how to get it into the hands of other interested owners.

I'm not really interested in collaborating on the actual coding part. Its hard enough to keep my own bass-ackwards junk straight. If there were bits in there written by other people I'd REALLY be confused. But I'm totally open to discussing ideas and suggestions. And I could use a DMD art guy that's better than me. And someone to record a mob of people yelling "MOVE .. YOUR .. TRAIN"

#60 6 years ago
Quoted from Spybryon:

wow awesome, can't wait to play CC using this new ruleset someday!

+1!!!

#61 6 years ago

Awesome work epthegeek
Now wish I could only get one of these CC's

#62 6 years ago

The original game didn't have a match feature?

#63 6 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

The original game didn't have a match feature?

It has a match, but no animation. It's just numbers.

#64 6 years ago

Epthegeek,

Very nice work. I really look forward to installing this in my CC when it is available. What exactly is required to run this P-roc software in my CC?....a computer is mentioned...do I need to have a laptop inside the cabinet to run this software on my CC?.....i apologize for not understanding exactly how this would work....any links to web pages to explain it are appreciated....

Paul

#65 6 years ago

Sounds like the big barrier to running this will be getting the sound and video clips. He doesn't have those in git.

#66 6 years ago
Quoted from Scubadentist:

a computer is mentioned...do I need to have a laptop inside the cabinet to run this software on my CC?.

Pretty sure you can use a single board computer(SBC)
Check their site out.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Sounds like the big barrier to running this will be getting the sound and video clips. He doesn't have those in git.

Once it's "done" enough, I'll figure out some way to get the other parts to people.

#68 6 years ago

Anybody on the thread that has a CC have an oscilloscope? I'm a little worried the way I'm popping/holding the bad guy targets and posts may be bad in the long run, so I'd like to investigate what the real game code does. Especially when multiple targets are up in showdown. If that is possible.

1 week later
#69 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Anybody on the thread that has a CC have an oscilloscope? I'm a little worried the way I'm popping/holding the bad guy targets and posts may be bad in the long run, so I'd like to investigate what the real game code does. Especially when multiple targets are up in showdown. If that is possible.

Just wanted to say a quick Thanks to whomever it was that tipped Jim (with the scope) off to this thread. He was able to get some readings for me, and now the drop target behavior exactly matches the original code and I feel tons better about it.

And while I'm at it, here's an updated gameplay video with the code as of the weekend. Not a whole lot of the new code shows up (There's a super skill shot miss, and an ambush) but at the end, it does have the match animation and high score entry (with music, unlike the original).

#70 6 years ago

That's a great job ! you have added so much to this game !

Looking forward to trying it out when ready !

#71 6 years ago

This is amazing. I had always wondered if existing pinballs could be expanded upon, and now I know. The future is looking like a lot of fun.

2 weeks later
#72 6 years ago

I keep thinking "I'm done adding stuff to the game" and then stuff like this happens:

#73 6 years ago

That's pretty sweet!

#74 6 years ago

Wow! Was that some Skrillex music playing??

That was BAD-ASS BRO!!!!

#75 6 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Wow! Was that some Skrillex music playing??
That was BAD-ASS BRO!!!!

Yeah, it's bits of Bangarang by Skrillex, but not all of it. Since it has to repeat ad nauseum. The mode was essentially inspired by the trailer for "The Watch" which is about aliens and uses that song ... and then the wheels just started turning.

#76 6 years ago

AWESOME!!! love the AFM tie-in!

I'm guessing this is not a standard mode on CC

Now I really want one LOL!

#77 6 years ago

OMG, this just keeps getting better an better.
It would be awesome if that board could work in Virtual Pins since I will never own a real CC.

#78 6 years ago

OK. I'm officially keeping my CC now! That Skrillex mode is just awesome...

#79 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

OMG, this just keeps getting better an better.
It would be awesome if that board could work in Virtual Pins since I will never own a real CC.

The p-roc code can actually be hooked into visual pinball with some work. I haven't looked into that yet, though.

#80 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

The p-roc code can actually be hooked into visual pinball with some work. I haven't looked into that yet, though.

Awesome news. I'm sure someone will figure it out.
That will be great with my real dot matrix board running it.

#81 6 years ago

Honestly that would get hundreds of people the opportunity to admire your work on their cabinets. Please seek this option. I would be willing to help too. This is soooooooo cooooool. Very creative!

Quoted from epthegeek:

#82 6 years ago

Really awesome. I can't wait to see it on my CC. WOW

Howie

#83 6 years ago

The Cowboys and Aliens mode makes CC SO AWESOME!!!

#84 6 years ago

A-MA-ZING! Wow. I finally got to play a CC at PAPA last weekend, and really enjoyed it. Even without all the other cool stuff you've done, the Cowboys vs. Aliens mode alone is enough to make me want to buy one.

But so much $$$$ to get one. Ugh.

#85 6 years ago

Another opportunity to consider (unless it's already addressed in software settings):

The timer allowed for a Quick Draw is far too long. On the CC at PAPA, I could miss the Quick Draw, have the ball bounce around back down to the flippers, and still have time to nail the target. I would envision this mode to be something where the pop-up drop target would drop back down as soon as any other switch is registered, or a very short timer expires.

Something to think about (unless you can adjust in the diagnostics).

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Snailman:

Another opportunity to consider (unless it's already addressed in software settings):
The timer allowed for a Quick Draw is far too long. On the CC at PAPA, I could miss the Quick Draw, have the ball bounce around back down to the flippers, and still have time to nail the target. I would envision this mode to be something where the pop-up drop target would drop back down as soon as any other switch is registered, or a very short timer expires.
Something to think about (unless you can adjust in the diagnostics).

The Gunfight mode is historically the one that is supposed to be a one-shot deal, but still allows time for multiple shots. On CCC that's a little harder, to pull off. QuickDraw, which is really more of a "hurry-up" mode where the sooner you get it the more its worth, is adjustable for time in the settings.

1 week later
#87 6 years ago

I must have it!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like CC moved up the most wanted list.

#88 6 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

As for this bit - maybe something like that could be what you get for a match, instead of a "Free game". Hit the match? Whoa! Back into action you go! Hmm..

Yes!!! Many times I thought how cool that would be as a setting in adjustments.

You could animate it with ten scaffolds. the match number drops the trap door on that scaffold. If there isn't a match, he hangs. If there is a match, the rope breaks, and he runs into the saloon kicking up his heels from side to side.

The man goes up to the barkeep whose back is turned. The man say, "Barkeep, give me another!"
The barkeep spins around and a close up shows him bang a pinball on the counter. The trough fires a new ball into the shooter lane at the time the ball hits the counter.

Dan

#89 6 years ago

Honestly... How freakin' cool is this!!!!???

AMAZING!!!!!!!!

#90 6 years ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Honestly... How freakin' cool is this!!!!???
AMAZING!!!!!!!!

I'll go out on a limb and say, "Very".

1 month later
#91 6 years ago

So, I'm going to take CCC to expo. It'll be in Rob Anthony's side room, rather than the main game room. Depending on how stable the code is by then it may not be running ALL the time, but there should be plenty of opportunity to check it out.

#92 6 years ago

holy epic pinball future. sweet shit. I think you just increased the value of a pin single handed. that is crazy cool.

#93 6 years ago

Pinball needs dubstep...

2 weeks later
#94 6 years ago

Big thanks to everybody who has stopped by to play the game at expo so far, especially for the patience of dealing with issues that crop up. It's making the game better one bug fix at a time.

If you're at expo and haven't checked it out yet, swing by Rob's repair room!

#95 6 years ago

Sir, you should be working at JJ or Stern right now. Awesome job!!

#96 6 years ago

Holy cow, you guys writing programing for games is crazy. You guys are as deep into pinball as i could imagine. I have no idea hows its done but i think its really cool. Hats off to you..

#97 6 years ago

Hadn't seen the update to this thread, only just set my CC up again and now really want this code on it

#98 6 years ago

Im so excited about this. I brought home a perfect CC 2 days ago. My almost holy grail pin, BBB is the ultimate but I cant afford that one. Please bring this to completion and offer it for sale.

James

#99 6 years ago

I played this at expo in Rob's booth.
It's phenomenal ! The added modes and everyone was spectacular and just really amped up the whole game. I am glad I never sold mine years ago, this will only make even more fun and desirable.

#100 6 years ago

Another thing I found out tonight was the Bionic Bart sounds, music and voices were in the game ROMs already just not utilized. Crazy !

Drunk MB is awesome !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 1372 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 28.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside