moother (resized).png
D38F2F0E-EEFC-482A-8D8C-EECCB1A4D57C (resized).jpeg
cactus-polly (resized).jpg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi-z2 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi4 (resized).jpg
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 32.
#651 10 years ago

What to do next? Move your car? Hat magic? Spiral Mania? ...? Hmm.

#652 10 years ago

monster fish!!!!

#653 10 years ago

A jpop tribute for sure. Or maybe rock the boat from fish tales.

#654 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

monster fish!!!!

I don't know enough about fish tales to know how this goes off hand, or how the shots for it are.

I've been trying to use stuff that makes a little sense with the cc layout/shots/targets.

#655 10 years ago

Monster fish is lit by hitting 6 alternating ramp shots to start the monster fish mode. After starting it is a count down from 20mil and you hit the left orbit to collect.

#656 10 years ago

Personally, I disable all the tribute modes. They don't have anything to do with cactus canyon theme. They look well implemented though.

#657 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Monster fish is lit by hitting 6 alternating ramp shots to start the monster fish mode. After starting it is a count down from 20mil and you hit the left orbit to collect.

So really the monster fish part is one hurry up shot? That doesn't work so great in this case.

#658 10 years ago

yeah to collect it is a single left orbit hurry up. guess I was thinking something else for what you were going for? my bad.

#659 10 years ago

Hey Eric, The Scared Stiff Video you posted shows "Flippers = Change and Start = Select" at the beginning. Is this new? or just in your work in progress. I have never seen that. On mine, it just scrolls and seems to pick one randomly.

Thanks, Dave

#660 10 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

Hey Eric, The Scared Stiff Video you posted shows "Flippers = Change and Start = Select" at the beginning. Is this new? or just in your work in progress. I have never seen that. On mine, it just scrolls and seems to pick one randomly.
Thanks, Dave

You can set this in the adjustments menu right now. I much prefer the ability to select a tribute.

#661 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

You can set this in the adjustments menu right now. I much prefer the ability to select a tribute.

Yep, it's in the feature settings. Tribute can be random or manual.

#662 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

yeah to collect it is a single left orbit hurry up. guess I was thinking something else for what you were going for? my bad.

Trying to stick to timed modes or stuff that can be massaged into a timed mode.

#663 10 years ago

You could do rock the boat. Timed mode where captive ball hits score points (progressive I think.)

Substitute the beer mug or the cowboy head for the captive ball.

#664 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Cool!! I must go look!! Thanks for the tip!!

Dave

#665 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I much prefer the ability to select a tribute.

But do you know the secret flipper combo that let's you set the super skillshot prize to whatever you want?

#666 10 years ago

Hey if you google this
twpf.jpgtwpf.jpg
you come up too...

#667 10 years ago

If you're on the fence about getting a colour screen from Eric, don't be it is awesome!

#668 10 years ago

Rock the boat from FT is not limited to captive ball shot; both ramps are for sure included in available shots.

Leaper mode looks great in color from the vid posted. I like the tributes.

#669 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Trying to stick to timed modes or stuff that can be massaged into a timed mode.

could do feed feenzy and mimic the light show along with the DMD animations.

Basic idea is that you need to catch 4 big fish and then the mode starts. For the mode you need to hit 4 main shots (both boat crisscross ramps, the left orbit, and the right orbit0 all in a limited time. It is a pretty cool mode and very frantic feel to it.

I can take some video of it if you want. Just message me.

#670 10 years ago

I think White Water would be a good tribute mode. Perhaps Bigfoot hotfoot, boulder bash or Gold Rush?

#671 10 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

I think White Water would be a good tribute mode. Perhaps Bigfoot hotfoot, boulder bash or Gold Rush?

Gold Rush would better suit the CC theme for sure!

#672 10 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

Gold Rush would better suit the CC theme for sure!

The tributes aren't really about what fits CC though, it's about what's iconic/recognizable/lines up with the shots somehow from the other games. Just a daffy idea I had when I started to fear I was overcrowding CC with to much junk.

#673 10 years ago

Ok.

#674 10 years ago

WAAAAAAAAAY COOL!

#675 10 years ago

I vote for a tribute to Hollywood Heat's multiball. Wheyou wheyou wheyouuuuu

#677 10 years ago

Did you do a Champion's Pub tribute ? That could work well using the bandit as the boxer . Also if you made it so it was the cash fights where you could gamble some of your points that would be cool .

#678 10 years ago

Playing around with some non-dot graphics for fun. Anybody want to make a really cool looking "DOHO" screen in 1280x320?

Note: The crappy randomizing shown in the video is already addressed.

#679 10 years ago

Kapooya indeed, good sir!

#680 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Kapooya indeed, good sir!

Oh. Snap. I could put her picture in MM with the "kapooya"

#681 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Playing around with some non-dot graphics for fun. Anybody want to make a really cool looking "DOHO" screen in 1280x320?
Note: The crappy randomizing shown in the video is already addressed.
» YouTube video

I love it. No reason to stay with dots for everything, IMHO.

--Donnie

#682 10 years ago

I turned on my CCC after being sick for about 3 weeks. The game was running, but there is a window popping up in the middle of the screen saying that there is a system error and asking me if I want to report it or if I want to cancel. I'll bring a keyboard down to my gameroom tomorrow and see if I can resolve it.

#683 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

I turned on my CCC after being sick for about 3 weeks. The game was running, but there is a window popping up in the middle of the screen saying that there is a system error and asking me if I want to report it or if I want to cancel. I'll bring a keyboard down to my gameroom tomorrow and see if I can resolve it.

Can be ignored. Can also be disabled pretty easily. I could do it for you over tea viewer if you can get it online. Otherwise I could send you directions.

Edit: Actually - There are directions on the wiki for this already.
http://soldmy.org/pin/ccc/index.php?title=Error_Messages_Popping-up

#684 10 years ago

Good lawd. I just tested out the high def midnight madness stuff on the machine and it looks amazeballs.

#685 10 years ago

Just saw the SS tribute mode and it looks great. The beer mug shot is perfect for the mode. I enjoy all the things you continue to put in the game and look forward to seeing what comes next.

#686 10 years ago

Entering the service menu for the quick fix worked. I'll wait until I update the CCC before trying the permanent fix. I the updated midnight madness stuff on the latest available code?

#687 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Entering the service menu for the quick fix worked. I'll wait until I update the CCC before trying the permanent fix. I the updated midnight madness stuff on the latest available code?

Not yet, no. Still testing. Has a different new thing that hasn't been mentioned yet, too. Soon.

#688 10 years ago

Looking forward to it

#689 10 years ago

Still need to make a DOHO screen, but I set this up:

Screen Shot 2014-02-17 at 9.15. PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-02-17 at 9.15. PM.png

#690 10 years ago

Is there any reason the color LCD needs to have colorized dots rather than full images like the above?

#692 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Is there any reason the color LCD needs to have colorized dots rather than full images like the above?

There's no reason it couldn't be all high resolution. It's just not currently built for that, nor does it have all HD assets (and there'd be a ton to create). I'd have to rewrite all the display handling in a different system to do high def for everything, and get all the art in the game re-drawn. At a decent quality level.

#693 10 years ago

FYI - my cheap web host is having problems so the wiki site is offline (and has been for more than a day) -- just in case anybody was looking for it.

Here's how the DOHO for HD Moonlight Madness turned out, since no real artist volunteered

doho.jpgdoho.jpg

#694 10 years ago

Throw a hi def cow in there doing some kung fu.

#695 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Throw a hi def cow in there doing some kung fu.

that one I'd really need someone else to make

#696 10 years ago

How about a flying super cow?

super-cow.jpgsuper-cow.jpg

#697 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

How about a flying super cow?

Baha.

#698 10 years ago

This may be a stupid question, but what does "DOHO" stand for, or in reference to?

#699 10 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

This may be a stupid question, but what does "DOHO" stand for, or in reference to?

Originally it was a one off easter egg reference to some guy's wife, Doris Ho. But then it became a thing.

http://www.maddes.net/pinball/doho_solved_200401.htm

#700 10 years ago

I made that on a whim, it's hardly high art or anything, just a quick photoshop, but it's yours if you want it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.