moother (resized).png
D38F2F0E-EEFC-482A-8D8C-EECCB1A4D57C (resized).jpeg
cactus-polly (resized).jpg
IMG_2396 (resized).jpg
IMG_2393 (resized).jpg
IMG_2392 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi-z2 (resized).jpg
ccc-pi4 (resized).jpg
There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 32.
#601 10 years ago

I got my kit last night and hooked it all up. Installation was a breeze. The game is fucking amazing. Any additions at this point are all icing on the cake.

Eric, what game is up next?!?!? I would love for you to tackle IJ4 someday. =)

#602 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

love for you to tackle IJ4

out of all games IJ4.......... really come on ZUCOT! IJ4..........hahahaha

#603 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

IMHO a CC remake that can't do CCC is worthless.

I agree. I wish I had a CC to do this to.

#604 10 years ago

Wiki page is suspended? Setting up my game this week and need all the info I can get!!

#605 10 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

Wiki page is suspended? Setting up my game this week and need all the info I can get!!

I woke up to an email this morning from my webhost saying they shut my service off because I'm an email spammer. I have no idea what's going on, since I've never sent any email through the web server. And since they shut the services off I can't look at the logs to see what happened. So that's awesome.

#606 10 years ago

NOW we know the TRUTH! Eric runs a Russian SPAM syndicate!

#607 10 years ago
Quoted from Jazman:

NOW we know the TRUTH! Eric runs a Russian SPAM syndicate!

Actually it turned out to be a guy in China (according to the info I got from the webhost) that somehow worked out the password for the email account on my hosting (that I never used) and was sending out spamvertising. Yay!

Hosting is turned back on, so the site works again now.

3 weeks later
#608 10 years ago

The DMD and Audio files are not available anymore? WTF mate?
--Scott

#609 10 years ago

A cease and desist perhaps?

#610 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

A cease and desist perhaps?

Nothing that harsh. At least not yet. Rick asked me to take down the asset files while we try to work out a way to legitimize my project. No idea if that will actually ever come to pass.

#611 10 years ago

Rick is probably motivated here. CCC kills his chance of selling viable CC remakes. Shutting down your project at least helps him. So does legitimizing it in a manner that allows him to use CCC in remakes. Want help writing a program that takes a rom as input and produces those files as output?

#612 10 years ago

Is there any way to get "my neck, my back" onto the cactus canyon continued machine?

#614 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Nothing that harsh. At least not yet. Rick asked me to take down the asset files while we try to work out a way to legitimize my project. No idea if that will actually ever come to pass.

That's a little scary but Rick is a reasonable guy

#615 10 years ago

Would there be a problem if I ever decided to sell mine?

#616 10 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Would there be a problem if I ever decided to sell mine?

Why would that be a problem. People are so crazy paranoid.

#617 10 years ago

Eric I used your site and directions

I'm trying to update my CCC to the latest revision and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong

Has anyone video recorded a update for users ?

Thanks
James

#618 10 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

I'm trying to update my CCC to the latest revision and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong
Thanks
James

Maybe rather than asking someone to set everything up and film it, you should take some time and describe your problem(s) as well as what you did in some detail.

#619 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Maybe rather than asking someone to set everything up and film it

Relax, markmon. The guy was just asking if there was already an existing video that he could watch to help himself figure it out.

#620 10 years ago

Thanks
James

Are you trying to update with a file I sent out? Or using the code from the wiki? The process for each is different.

Straining my memory here -- I can't remember if you're currently running a rig I set up or if you set it up yourself.

If it's one of my setups (and on linux), there should be an 'update' menu item in the system menu that can be used to apply pre-configured update files (that aren't from the wiki).

If you set it up yourself, it's just a matter of getting the new code file from the wiki page and overwriting the existing files with what's in that zip.

There's always the "put team-viewer on it and I could help out" option, too.

#621 10 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Is there any way to get "my neck, my back" onto the cactus canyon continued machine?

Replacing audio in CCC is even easier than replacing audio with pinball browser on Metallica. Scott could hook you up if you REALLY need it.

#622 10 years ago

Eric

You set up my rig via remote access over the net

The file is from the wiki with the CCC folders

I have the folders on my USB flash but when I go to update in settings

Nothing happens

I'm kinda stuck scratching my head as I followed the guide

Thanks
James

#623 10 years ago

Eric
You set up my rig via remote access over the net
The file is from the wiki with the CCC folders
I have the folders on my USB flash but when I go to update in settings
Nothing happens
I'm kinda stuck scratching my head as I followed the guide
Thanks
James

The files from the wiki aren't set up right for the update menu. PM me what your current version is and I can set you up. Just check the system menu for the version/date.
E

1 month later
#624 10 years ago

Hi everyone
Just a question: does anybody has been able to start the "move your train" feature?
This is set on "Enable" but I've never been able to start it... Even with the skill shots.
Thanks

#625 10 years ago

I think it's a regular skillshot, not a super.

#626 10 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Hi everyone
Just a question: does anybody has been able to start the "move your train" feature?
This is set on "Enable" but I've never been able to start it... Even with the skill shots.
Thanks

Did Eric ever finish this mode? He told me back in May it was on "Disabled" by default because it wasn't done.

#627 10 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I think it's a regular skillshot, not a super.

Correct. If enabled, it should come up on the regular skill shot. The icon for it is the train with a double ended arrow above it. Have to remember though that the skill shot has a large list of things to choose to put on the rotator and it only picks 5 out of that list on each ball. It would be more likely to come up later in the game as other things get used up so they come out of the selection -- but still might be pretty rare.

It should_ come up randomly as a bounty prize if enabled also. Which is also random.

#628 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

Did Eric ever finish this mode? He told me back in May it was on "Disabled" by default because it wasn't done.

It wasn't so much that it wasn't "done" - more that I didn't end up liking how it came out. I never came up with good audio to use for it, it doesn't really blend well with the rest of the game IMHO.

#629 10 years ago

I have never seen it either (Move your Train), I haven't seen Franks and Beans either... Haven't played it tons lately though. How do you start that one too?

Thanks, Dave

#630 10 years ago
Quoted from PinsOnly:

I have never seen it either (Move your Train), I haven't seen Franks and Beans either... Haven't played it tons lately though. How do you start that one too?
Thanks, Dave

Fanks is the same, skill shot or bounty. That one is enabled by default though. As long as you're updated enough to have it.

#631 10 years ago

After 500 games without any "move your train ", i think it s really rare it's like winning at the lottery
I never experiences any issue with the frank and beans though.
I never found a video on youtube also.

The "move your train" feature sounds like amazing. I hope to see it one day

#632 10 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

After 500 games without any "move your train ", i think it s really rare it's like winning at the lottery
I never experiences any issue with the frank and beans though.
I never found a video on youtube also.
The "move your train" feature sounds like amazing. I hope to see it one day

I just looked at the code again - I'm pretty sure MYT is broken -- the code currently results in the system always thinking the train didn't test properly at startup so move your train is disabled. Whoops.

/uploads new zip to the wiki

#633 10 years ago

Cool thanks! Will update after I get my stuff back from Rob.
Is the MYT enabled now by default and located in regular skill shot?
Is there a way to reach the mode during regular play without skillshot?
Maybe some mini mode after starting all three save Polly modes or as a bounty award?
Again, thanks for more code!

#634 10 years ago

Thanks Eric!
I'll do the update and test it again.

#635 10 years ago
Quoted from Skulz:

Cool thanks! Will update after I get my stuff back from Rob.
Is the MYT enabled now by default and located in regular skill shot?
Is there a way to reach the mode during regular play without skillshot?
Maybe some mini mode after starting all three save Polly modes or as a bounty award?
Again, thanks for more code!

You'll need a pre-packed update for yours. I can put one of those together, but the wiki code doesn't work for that.

Move your train is still off by default, but once fixed should actually be available if enabled. It's just a skillshot / bounty prize like before.

I still kick around ideas for other stuff to add to the game but haven't come up with anything lately I really like enough.

#636 10 years ago

Hi Eric
Issue is fixed thanks !
I was able to launch it from super skill shot and not the "regular" skill shot.
Also i got it from a bounty prime.
This is great and really fun to play. Great idea.

#637 10 years ago

As an idea: have you though about a real video mode.
Maybe a game when you can shoot enemies at the right time with left and right buttons.

This video mode can be available after 20 tumbleweeds.

A real video mode would not seems to overload all the rules of the game.

#638 10 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

Maybe a game when you can shoot enemies at the right time with left and right buttons.
This video mode can be available after 20 tumbleweeds.
A real video mode would not seems to overload all the rules of the game.

Ugh man what a lot of programming only to add a boring video mode. If you want to play a video game, go get an xbox

#639 10 years ago

A lot of programing? Maybe we should ask a xbox game developer then...
The video mode can be fun: the afm and cc ones are really fun for instance.
Anyway it was just an idea...

#640 10 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

A lot of programing? Maybe we should ask a xbox game developer then...
The video mode can be fun: the afm and cc ones are really fun for instance.
Anyway it was just an idea...

I hate both those video modes. They totally detract from what would otherwise be fast games pausing all the game play so you can do some lame thing on the 2 color screen.

And yea, the amount of code that has to be written just to get a video mode running is a lot compared to what it takes to add a mode in the game. A video mode is a whole mini-game inside a game with its own rules etc.

Off topic a bit, but I made a CCC sticker for my game using a western font I downloaded from dafont.com (http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=106) and a sheet of clear full sheet sticker label (http://www.amazon.com/Avery-Full-Sheet-Labels-Inkjet-Printers/dp/B00006HUP7/ref=sr_1_1).

It was really easy to do:
ccc.jpgccc.jpg

#641 10 years ago
Quoted from noitbe1:

I'm not a fan of video modes. At all. So this will always be a near zero priority for me. I won't say it will NEVER happen, but it's not really on my radar. Doing a decent video mode is really complex, and more importantly doing really good DMD so that it blends well is hard. You really need good art and good audio to sell any new additions properly.

But if enough people really want something like that added, I could maybe work on it someday and just leave it disabled by default. Maybe. Someday.

#642 10 years ago

a video mode (when it's well implement) is cool... For me the best one is for Indiana Jones !
But yes, this should be hard to do !

#643 10 years ago

Just checking - anybody out there interested in adding a color display to their CCC? I'm fresh out of parts for displays currently and trying to decide how big of a batch I should order for building some more.

Oh, and there's this:

#644 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Just checking - anybody out there interested in adding a color display to their CCC? I'm fresh out of parts for displays currently and trying to decide how big of a batch I should order for building some more.
Oh, and there's this: » YouTube video

That it AWESOME! Are the other tribute modes in place, or just the planning stages?

#645 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

That it AWESOME! Are the other tribute modes in place, or just the planning stages?

What he said! More tribute modes!

#646 10 years ago

Amazing ! It looks really fun

#648 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I hate frogs!

Sadly almost none of the quotes were locatable with the tools I use to find them.

#649 10 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

There are 5 in the game now.

#650 10 years ago

That is cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 1,573 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-p-roc-project/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.