• 26 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by shlockdoc
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Its at MT Coin in Portland Oregon and is on the showroom floor
A friend asked me to put this up for him.
12,000 obo
Playfield is awesome and it has cliffys. The cab has usual wear.

I am not selling this machine but told a friend i would post this on pinside for him with the info.
Ps i already tried offering him 12.00 and he would no take it..

#2 10 years ago

One sold on eBay the other day for $9000, kind of set the bar, do a search, it was just sold 2-3 days ago, play field looked nice, had new decals for cabinet

#3 10 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

One sold on eBay the other day for $9000, kind of set the bar, do a search, it was just sold 2-3 days ago, play field looked nice, had new decals for cabinet

It was also missing parts, IIRC...

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from tamoore:

It was also missing parts, IIRC...

Just the pistols, which are available for $50 apparently.

#5 10 years ago

I about got lynched for posting it was stolen for 9k, lol.

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I about got lynched for posting it was stolen for 9k, lol.

Only 1 bidder, which automatically raises at least the possibility of a Shill...glad you escaped the mob.

Seriously, the 5-figure ship has generally sailed, with a few exceptions (at least for now).

#7 10 years ago
Quoted from UKCatsFan76:

Dang, so one sale sets the bar? Interesting

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Well if that's true the going rate on CC should be $1900

/because of that one estate sale score

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Culmination of things, but all a ripple effect off MMR--just look at these two Mr. Pinball Classifieds from two days ago (quite surprising pricing vs. just a few months ago):

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Attack From Mars, 1995 Bally: $7900
Beautifully restored attack from mars with new repro playfield, restored cabinet with all new decals, new coin door, new ramps, new plastics, new side rails and more. This needs nothing and is ready to enjoy. $7900 as is or I can add any mods to it per customer request. Also can change the body armor (side rails, legs, lock bar, back box hinges) to all chrome or all glossy black powder coat for an additional fee. Contact me for details. Would trade for a high end professionally restored Williams Indiana Jones.
Phone: 330-232-1746
[email protected], Ohio
Monster Bash, 1998 Williams: $8900
Beautifully restored monster bash with new repro playfield, restored cabinet with all new decals, new coin door, new plastics, new side rails and more. This needs nothing and is ready to enjoy. $8900 as is or I can add any mods to it per customer request. Also can change the body armor (side rails, legs, lock bar, back box hinges) to all chrome or all glossy black powder coat for an additional fee. Contact me for details. Would trade for a hep restored Williams Indiana Jones.
[email protected], Ohio

#10 10 years ago
Quoted from NM:

Culmination of things, but all a ripple effect off MMR--just look at these two Mr. Pinball Classifieds from two days ago (quite surprising pricing vs. just a few months ago):
Attack From Mars, 1995 Bally: $7900
Beautifully restored attack from mars with new repro playfield, restored cabinet with all new decals, new coin door, new ramps, new plastics, new side rails and more. This needs nothing and is ready to enjoy. $7900 as is or I can add any mods to it per customer request. Also can change the body armor (side rails, legs, lock bar, back box hinges) to all chrome or all glossy black powder coat for an additional fee. Contact me for details. Would trade for a high end professionally restored Williams Indiana Jones.
[email protected], Ohio
Monster Bash, 1998 Williams: $8900
Beautifully restored monster bash with new repro playfield, restored cabinet with all new decals, new coin door, new plastics, new side rails and more. This needs nothing and is ready to enjoy. $8900 as is or I can add any mods to it per customer request. Also can change the body armor (side rails, legs, lock bar, back box hinges) to all chrome or all glossy black powder coat for an additional fee. Contact me for details. Would trade for a hep restored Williams Indiana Jones.
[email protected], Ohio

Mmm maybe, but those prices seem spot on for currently anyways. we have seen really nice AFM games go from $7k-9k. Again, listing one or two sales doesn't mean a whole lot for a trend.

#11 10 years ago

One sale doesn't exactly set the bar, but when there are nearly 80 watchers, and at Christmas market it brings $9k On epay then that's all it's worth. We all were watching this cause of its prime position, timing, no others on eBay with reasonable prices. I was a player at 9k, but somebody else bid so I refrained, kinda glad now cause I'm feeling like it would have been an overbid for that particular machine. MMr strikes again! lol

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Venom_249:

One sale doesn't exactly set the bar, but when there are nearly 80 watchers, and at Christmas market it brings $9k On epay then that's all it's worth. We all were watching this cause of its prime position, timing, no others on eBay with reasonable prices. I was a player at 9k, but somebody else bid so I refrained, kinda glad now cause I'm feeling like it would have been an overbid for that particular machine. MMr strikes again! lol

Why not bid $9,200 then? Whats an extra $200 at 9k?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

You can always play that game, IMHO it's best to just give yourself a cutoff and keep it firm.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

IMHO it's best to just give yourself a cutoff and keep it firm.

Really? I find it's hard to keep it firm when she cuts me off.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Whats an extra $200 at 9k

Ummmm..... $200?

Just because something is such a small percentage of overall price, doesn't mean it isn't a lot of money. If I have been saving all of my cash for something non-essential like pinball, I am going to try to keep the price as low as possible so i can use the rest of my money for other things.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You can always play that game, IMHO it's best to just give yourself a cutoff and keep it firm.

I get it. But doesn't really sound like a player if not willing to drop $9,200 instead of 9k, right? Never cap at 9k, or any other hard number, everyone else does it too.

#17 10 years ago

The prices are falling! Yay! One day, you'll see.

Quoted from jrivelli:

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Because 9k was my absolute top, I'm the kinda dude that goes to the auction and bids to my top I've decided before and that's where I stop, I don't get caught up in the heat of it, it's only pinball .

But after thinking about it, my time to do side art, finding the pistols, shipping to my house it becomes atleast 10k, and I know this thinking will really polarize some peeps cause it hasn't happened yet, but when I buy right now I consider an original $500-$1000 more than a remake. I'd rather have original and I don't know but I feel like remakes are nearly imminent.

#19 10 years ago

Cactus canyon, on its own, is just an average game. Its neat cause its rare. A remake that can't run continued is not worth much in my opinion, and I'd imagine same with other collectors really interested in this machine. If a remake came out at $7k but could never run CCC but maybe had some small changes from Williams that were unreleased, I would still rather pay $12k for the full CCC game no remake.

I had a great CC. Got bored and sold it off. Months later, I did a CCC conversion for a friend and realized that its so good I gotta rebuy the game. Now I consider it a permanent keeper. If anyone bought a remake and didnt know the difference and then saw the difference, I'm confident they would want to sell their remake and get an original that could run the p-roc.

Now its possible that PPS will make the CCC remake some day and make it p-roc compatible. But the current board set is definitely not.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from jrivelli:

Mmm maybe, but those prices seem spot on for currently anyways.

For current pricing, yes.

But I don't recall any $7900 fully-restored AFMs or $8900 fully-restored MBs prior to MMR.

Links please if I'm mistaken.

#21 10 years ago

Bump seller is a good guy

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Cactus canyon, on its own, is just an average game. Its neat cause its rare. A remake that can't run continued is not worth much in my opinion, and I'd imagine same with other collectors really interested in this machine. If a remake came out at $7k but could never run CCC but maybe had some small changes from Williams that were unreleased, I would still rather pay $12k for the full CCC game no remake.
I had a great CC. Got bored and sold it off. Months later, I did a CCC conversion for a friend and realized that its so good I gotta rebuy the game. Now I consider it a permanent keeper. If anyone bought a remake and didnt know the difference and then saw the difference, I'm confident they would want to sell their remake and get an original that could run the p-roc.
Now its possible that PPS will make the CCC remake some day and make it p-roc compatible. But the current board set is definitely not.

I hear ya...I think CCC is probably your best pin in that monster line up.

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

I hear ya...I think CCC is probably your best pin in that monster line up.

dont know -- im thinking totan is better then CCC

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from Iamdarras:

dont know -- im thinking totan is better then CCC

I'd say MM...TOTAN is way down the list, but maybe because I've owned that game and played it out.

#25 10 years ago

If anyone wants this fixed, cleaned, and with CCC on it sende a pm. I might be able to work out something with the seller and be able to do the conversion and repairs.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

If anyone wants this fixed, cleaned, and with CCC on it sende a pm. I might be able to work out something with the seller and be able to do the conversion and repairs.

Nice offer. Cactus is a cool pin . Merry Chrsitmas.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-fs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.