(Topic ID: 39810)

Cactus Canyon - F101 F106 Error No 12v working.

By woofer768

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 11 years ago

Hello,
I have a Cactus Canyon that I did a minor shop job (rubbers, clean playfield...). I took all the parts off and put them all back. Although I am lacking in repair experience, I have done this with over 15 working tables so far with little to no problems.

When I turned on the table after reassembling it, I got a "Check fuses F101 and F106, J127 and 12v opto power".

All fuses are good (this includes F109). The LED100 light (12v reg) was out. When I unplugged the power output from the power board (J101) the light would come back on.

I am lucky that I have a lot of tables here, so I swapped the power board from a No Good Gofers and the 12v led problem DID transfer to the No Good Gofers so I figured I was home free. When I put the No Good Gofers Board into the Cactus Canyon, the 12v light now lights up just fine but I am still getting the same error. I have no power (no led) to the main opto board and all my optos on the table are out (optos are normally closed, right?).

I have not checked the voltages at the TPs yet. I will get to that tomorrow.

I am hoping someone can give me some diagnostic ideas. Should I disconnect the opto board? If I do, do I pull all four connectors off or just two. Will That tell me something? Can someone tell me which connector from the power board supplies the power to the opto board?

Anything will help me. Thanks in advance.

#2 11 years ago

Manual in the rear has a connector page along with the driver board so you can see connectors, wire colors, and where they go.

I'd check the 12 volt test point on the driver board and go from there, if low or gone you lost one or more of the big fat diodes. If 12 volts is good, then you have bigger problems.

LTG : )

#3 11 years ago

Hello,
Thanks for the reply LTG! I have checked all the tps on Cactus Canyon and here is the result.

TP100 - 11.64
TP101 - 5.13
TP-103 - 14.4
TP-104 - 23.5
TP-105 - 75.7

All of these readings are similar to the Gofers table... except for:

TP-102 - When the power driver board is all plugged in on CC, I get a reading here that fluctuates quickly between 15v and 18v. If I unplug all the J connectors from the driver board except the power input and output, I get a steady reading of 19.9v. Also just like No Good Gofers.

Any Idea what this is telling me? Do I start pulling out the J connectors one by one until I find the one that is wacking out my 18v (TP2)? What do I do then? Is this my opto issue?

Trying to get smarter. Thanks in advance.

#4 11 years ago

Hello,
I have isolated the 18v issue (if it is actually an issue) to connector J121. When I unplug this, TP2 reads 19v steady. When I plug it in my 18v ranges around between 15v and 18v.

However, just to complicate things, in my manual, it says that J121 is not used.

Still not sure if this is part of my F101 F106 error.

Thanks,
norman

#5 11 years ago
Quoted from woofer768:

However, just to complicate things, in my manual, it says that J121 is not used.

J121 and J123 do the same thing, so you can use either one.

#6 11 years ago

Thanks LTG,

Should J121 be making my 18v fluctuate?

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from woofer768:

Should J121 be making my 18v fluctuate?

If there is an issue on that line out in the game it could be dragging it down.

#8 11 years ago

Never mind...

I see now that J121 are lights. I am guessing that the ranging around that I am seeing is the load of different lights going on and off.

However,
my error still persists...

#9 11 years ago

We crossed posts,

Could this 18v issue have anything to do with my 101 error?

#10 11 years ago

Hello,
Just wanted to let everyone know what happened in case it helps someone else. I my case the problem was that I lost the ground (somehow) for the 12V. Unfortunatly, it came back all by itself and I can't break it again. If it reoccurs, there are several places I could lag the ground back in again.

However, the interesting part is that the error I was getting (check F101, f106, j127) was because the CPU board did not see the ball trough. If you lose the 12v to the ball trough, the F101 error will fire off right away. Hope this helps someone.

#11 11 years ago

I say you give up on the problem, I'll take her off your hands. haha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-f101-f106-error-no-12v-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.