Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by NicoVolta
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5603D576-4764-444E-ABBE-A8912EE25277 (resized).jpeg
    10D7B3F1-A244-4A02-9BFC-286D43ADD0C4 (resized).jpeg
    4E63C375-767C-4337-AB35-5E1D0354B1D1 (resized).jpeg
    67D267F3-A94C-4489-AAD4-24AD78C8A44C (resized).jpeg
    693EA7E1-7347-449D-AC2A-E5BD27028787 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20220807_195214 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220807_195201 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220807_195222 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220807_195149 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220807_195138 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220807_195238 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220807_195126 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220807_195118 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20220807_195132 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 1 year ago

Huh, I didn't have any problems setting up the DBA on my CCr. It seemed about the same as doing DBAs on any of my other pins.

Only trouble I ran into, was that in order to do 3 games for $2, I had to do custom pricing, since it wasn't one of the default pricing options. But it wasn't too hard to figure out.

What is hanging you up? Sounds like maybe you need to change the pulse settings on the DBA itself. You can make a dollar bill do 1 pulse or 4, and you should be able to adjust the game settings to work either way.

EDIT: What exactly happens right now when you feed a dollar through the DBA?

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

He’s using a Talo which sounds like convoluted crap! Send it back to the distro and get an Mars

My 120v DBAs are Mars, but I've been using ICT DBAs for my 12v games, and haven't had any issues. The dip switch options are pretty much the same, and I haven't had any jams or issues so far. At least at the volume of bills I see in my location pins.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Everybody has gone to 12V.
    Here is an option. Get 110VAC unit off of Ebay or where ever. Get a conversion harness off of Ebay or Suzo Happ. Harness plugs into service outlet. Two wires get soldered to a coin switch. Plug DBV into harness, done. If you don't want it on all the time the service outlet is on, hard wire it after the on/off switch into the game.
    New DBA's are always expensive. Old used ones or rebuilt ones aren't. I picked up some rebuilt ones off of Ebay for $130 each, they looked like new.
    LTG : )

Everyone except Stern, that is. They are still using high voltage for their bill validators. There’s a spot on the coin-door node board for a DBA, but as far as I was aware, Stern wasn't actually using it yet.

It's certainly not wired to the DBA harness from the factory anyway. Do you know something I don't Lloyd? I've been waiting forever for Stern to finally move to 12v.

#27 1 year ago
    Quoted from rue_:

Okay not sure what the issue is. Went to the location. Plugged in the harness (I unplugged it so nobody would lose their money). The lights come on the front of the DBA. Cool. Pull off the magazine on the back. Use a straw to hit the button. It makes the noise like it’s cycling and the front lights blink fast continuously. Put magazine back. Insert programming coupon. It scans and pushes it back out. Lights flash on front fast then slow then off then once on then off completely. Won’t take any money after this. I have to either hit programming button again and start over or cycle power to it to make lights come back on. If I cycle power they flash the same and turn off completely.
    No idea why this is happening. Very frustrated. It's going back in the box tomorrow if I can't get it to work and I'm ordering a used dipswitch model DBA. These coupon programming DBA's are hot trash IMO.

Yeah, this really sounds like an issue with your particular DBA unit. As there shouldn't really be anything magical or difficult about using a DBA on a CGC machine. At least not in my experience.

Quoted from LTG:

According to Pinside they used to provide a harness too hook a 110VAC to the power supply box in the head. So some of their Spike games are 12V or a way to make 110VAC work.
    LTG : )

Correct. You have to get a cable from Stern/Distro/Marco in order to run high-voltage from the backbox to the DBA harness at the front of the game. As far as I know, that's still the only option for a Bill Validator on a Stern Spike game. Stern did this so that they didn't have to have any high voltage in the cabinet near the player. Easier safety certification, or so I'm told.

Which is all the more reason for Stern to finally adopt the 12v DBA. Although, there are a lot of High-Voltage DBAs out there, so it's Pros and Cons really. What would really be great is if Stern wired their games for 12v, but still let you use the high voltage pass-through cable for legacy DBAs. Best of both worlds then.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DakotaMike.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-dba-settings-needed?tu=DakotaMike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.