5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

What do you guys think a Cactus Canyon (CQ) completely rebuilt from the ground up by HEP (Chris Hutchins) would be at $$$ wise..

Thanks...

#2 5 years ago

It will cost you in excess of $15,000. And that is on the low end. If you can get it cheaper, then someone else(not me) will probably give you more.

#3 5 years ago

Agree with o-din on this. For $15k you can find a nice player quality.

#4 5 years ago

This is exactly why prices "need to correct" (in my opinion). ONLY REASON someone would pay $15K for a CC (and I am sure that is the going rate) is if they STRONGLY FEEL that it will either go up in value or stay about the same. If they felt pins would start to depreciate (like they should....in my opinion) at 10-15 percent per year I truly wonder who would buy one at $15K knowing it would cost them $1.5-$2.0 thousand per year to play.

The prices have become truly a joke for games like CC, MM and some others. I have never played a CC but unless it does something that the others don't I can't understand how any pinball machine is worth that much. It will correct and I know they have been saying that for years but "the time is near" and I do believe you are seeing the very early stages and this will be either confirmed or NOT in a few months as prices should firm up as they normally do. I can't wait for the first PINSIDE GUIDE to show a decrease year over year (it could be the 2014 book) and that should be the start of a much needed price correction. I FEEL A LOT OF PEOPLE ONLY BUY PINS THAT ARE REALLY EXPENSIVE because they feel they will get more expensive.

Finally, I would love to talk to most of the guys wives and see if they get this standard answer from their Hubbies "honey, the price will go up so what is the problem".....I wonder how many wives would be on board if all of a sudden the "game changed" and pins started declining 10-15 percent a year......now they would have to say "honey, my $50K collection is only costing me $5K each year"....wonder how many wives would be on board then....WOULD LOVE TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION.

However, it is coming so guys get a NEW REASON ready for the wives because the days of this being a NO COST HOBBY are coming to an end in my opinion....hey, if I am wrong I have a hell of a collection that will appreciate so "don't shoot the messenger" but we are GETTING CLOSE....plus, my track record for buying at the top is SOLID (that is why I made 500% sure I wanted to play these for many years so I would get my money back through enjoyment !!!)....LOL.....so I promise everyone we are near a top based solely on the fact I bought...if I am wrong so be it I play for FREE as well !!!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from houseofpin:

unless it does something that the others don't

It's got a jumping "bad guy".

#6 5 years ago

LOL......I knew there had to be a GREAT REASON for it being worth $15K and that explains it. Going to have to find one.....thanks for making me understand. Hopefully, he jumps high....and to think I was never going to consider owning one of these.

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

It's got a jumping "bad guy".

Whoa, hey now. He does not jump. This is false information. His hat jumps. The bad guy just wiggles left and right.

#8 5 years ago

Does it have CCC installed? I think that is a great addition to the game, and a nice additional selling point. Although I would think even if it didn't, it would sell, and the new buyer would likely add it.

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Whoa, hey now. He does not jump. This is false information. His hat jumps. The bad guy just wiggles left and right.

Oh yeah.

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from epthegeek:

Come on Eric, you can make the bad guy jump. You've written code for everything else.

Kim
    http://www.WrongCrowdProductions.com/

#11 5 years ago

It costs a good amount of money for HEP to restore a game (he can't work for free!). Add that cost up and the cost of the base game and you have more than 15K easy

#12 5 years ago

An HEP restore is more that the $15k. I would guess around $20k if it has the CCC package.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Come on Eric, you can make the bad guy jump. You've written code for everything else

I see how you have been spending your Joker Poker money Kim. Me, I just get to see that lovely light show in the backbox every night.

#14 5 years ago

Still a lot of money.

#15 5 years ago

I don't expect CC to go up further. It's already gone up a lot. As a CC owner, Ill debunk that huge, long, irrelevant rant above about why anyone would buy the game. The reason for the price is due to rarity and quality of the game. CCC is why I own it. It's a fantastic game with the new software.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 6.35
    Cabinet - Decals
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Z
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 34.95
    $ 16.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 159.00
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside