• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8C3E69F5-B42F-4D07-A450-780EEC472CF1 (resized).jpeg
E52D848C-AE59-4565-96E6-3D7E87A51FBB (resized).jpeg
#1 6 years ago

Planetary Pinball said it's not if it's when. Now some are saying it's going to be Cactus Canyon Remake shown at Texas Pinball Festival next month. Either way it's going to be great.. Cactus Canyon is a good game but I would love to see the CCRLE with a cool interactive topper and a giant LCD dmd. Love the remakes so far.

Did not know if anyone else is hearing this shocking chatter. Everyone said Monster Bash now this. Guess we will have to wait and see. I was close to pulling the trigger on a CC BUT I will wait and see what happens in March.

#2 6 years ago

Shocking..

#3 6 years ago

My Money was set on New MBRLE and classic CCC now I have to wait a month to know for certain.

#4 6 years ago

Next is MBR and MMR with same display as AFMR.

#5 6 years ago

Mbr will just be putting parts and completed code together. With no programming required, it would seem to be the obvious choice.

#6 6 years ago

As per Doug @ CGC he said upgraded mmr display will be available through a kit only. No new model of MMR is supposed to be released. Unless he has reconsidered what he previously said.

As far as MBR I agree easier to remake. More acceptable theme to the masses.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Mbr will just be putting parts and completed code together. With no programming required, it would seem to be the obvious choice.

Harder to licence though......

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Harder to licence though......

I dont think its alot but it is a added cost over other titles.

#9 6 years ago

ToM is next. Followed by MB and then CC. Trust me.

John

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

ToM is next. Followed by MB and then CC. Trust me.
John

ToM would have to be super cheap compared to AFMr. The market value isn't there.

#11 6 years ago

Next is Totan - trust me

#12 6 years ago

Obviously Kingpin is next

#13 6 years ago

Kingpin

E52D848C-AE59-4565-96E6-3D7E87A51FBB (resized).jpegE52D848C-AE59-4565-96E6-3D7E87A51FBB (resized).jpeg

8C3E69F5-B42F-4D07-A450-780EEC472CF1 (resized).jpeg8C3E69F5-B42F-4D07-A450-780EEC472CF1 (resized).jpeg

#14 6 years ago

I did hear that MBr was going to be put off down the line. I did not hear why. I heard that CCr was coming this year and was supposed to be released in September. Now I hear that it will be next. (March I guess). No reasons were given.

#15 6 years ago

So OP isn't certain it's MBr anymore?

"Ready for smash hit number 3. After great success from MMR and AFMR we are all now ready for game #3 Monster Bash Remake by Chicago Gaming Company!"

"That makes it 100% MONSTER BASH!!!!!!"

#16 6 years ago

Nice, and every Tom, Dick and Harry on here is parroting the myth that MBr is next. Everyone is so certain. I even sold a beautiful original example because I was worried about taking a hit once the remakes came out.

It shows everyone on here is pretty much full of it.

#17 6 years ago

Game 2 confirmed!Way to go Circus Maximus

#18 6 years ago

Can someone please explain the love affair with Kingpin? Other than being rare, what is the big draw? I watched some gameplay footage and it seemed kind of generic/boring at best. Is there a killer feature I'm missing?

#19 6 years ago

Really?

A new western themed pinball machine in the 21st century. Who would have guessed that?

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Can someone please explain the love affair with Kingpin? Other than being rare, what is the big draw? I watched some gameplay footage and it seemed kind of generic/boring at best. Is there a killer feature I'm missing?

It's a blast to play. The layout is great, the dots on the DMD are top notch, the sound is extremely fun, and it has some pretty solid rules. It's fairly easy, however. I've played through to the end more than once, but I always enjoy the ride. With a few small rule tweaks or additions, it could seriously be one of the greats. It's a real bummer this game never got put into full production.

#21 6 years ago

I currently have a CCC up For Trade, and yes, in every offer I receive I'm informed CC will be repro'd next, your game's going down in value, etc etc. LOL But they still want mine, just want it for closer to repro NIB value.

I'm not worried, either way, since I love my machine, do not purchase for investment, and will simply hang onto it if the market turns and everyone is after a CCr.

But of course, there's a big wrinkle with CCr vs CCC. CCr may have the wider display, but I think it's next to impossible for it to have the complete CCC software. There's unlicensed techno music, party modes, tribute modes (which feature software snippets of multiple Wms titles, like licensed TAF), and software owned by Epigeek.

We'll see!! I almost wish they would announce CC so we can get it over with.

Finding a cheap, all original, superb condition MM is next to impossible right now. And yet MMr's seem to always be available for the same price. I think many may be surprised by the market a year from now, on original MB and CC.

I also own a MB, and it's maybe my favorite machine, so the repro rumors don't affect me at all. I'm not getting rid of it, either way. But for those considering just that, I'd hesitate to let anyone talk me out of it cheap because of the repro. Wide display or not, it's still a repro and has more limits on customized lighting, sound, etc. Originals may dip slightly in price short term, but owners shouldn't do any fire sales because I'm thinking they'll regret it, if doing so solely because of the market.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Nice, and every Tom, Dick and Harry on here is parroting the myth that MBr is next. Everyone is so certain. I even sold a beautiful original example because I was worried about taking a hit once the remakes came out.
It shows everyone on here is pretty much full of it.

Personally, I would always be careful listening to all the rumour on this site. There are plenty of Pinsiders that give accurate info on this site, and they are a lot more that are just full of it. It is all part of the fun on a forum. For me, I will always prefer an original over a remake.

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from mechslave:

LOL But they still want mine

Yes they do! There seems to be a few folks that are scarfing up the originals while they are being sold off because of the remake scare. Not saying you are doing that,(selling because of the remake scare) saying they are doing that. I have been witnessing this behavior here in the Denver area as well. Nice original MM are being bought up. I have been thinking that there might be some brilliance in doing this! No matter what happens with the remakes, they win! They get a great original title for a nice price that will hold value. Can't go wrong there!

1 month later
#24 6 years ago

March is here and so far all is still quiet. Count me in as one who is praying for it to be CACTUS CANYON. Love the game, the music, the dialogue, the theme, the layout and also the anticipation it will be complete. I love MB, TOTAN, CV and TAF (the last which I already own) but CC is the one I am crossing my fingers for.

#25 6 years ago

#1 ToM
#2 MB
#3 CC

There it's settled. Back to business.

John

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from FarFromHeaven26:

but CC is the one I am crossing my fingers for.

CC is the one that should be remade above all others IMHO. Everyone should be able to play that game with a finished code. It is really is a great game to play (the gunfights are to die for).

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

CC is the one that should be remade above all others IMHO. Everyone should be able to play that game with a finished code. It is really is a great game to play (the gunfights are to die for).

Meh. Had a gorgeous HEP CCC and got bored quickly. If it weren't for the "Continued" heroism (by epthegeek), the game would be *really* boring. Cowboys vs. Aliens rocks. Not saying the gunfights aren't fun, but the rule set just seems too simplistic.

I know I'm in the minority, but the rule set and theme did nothing for me.

snaroff

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

ToM would have to be super cheap compared to AFMr. The market value isn't there.

Cheaper would be great, but I'm guessing pricing will be the same as AFMR. People will pay a premium for new. I'd pay way over current values for lots of pins if they were new. I'd be giddy if CGC started cranking out some 80s remakes for $5k.

1 week later
#29 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Meh. Had a gorgeous HEP CCC and got bored quickly. If it weren't for the "Continued" heroism (by epthegeek), the game would be *really* boring. Cowboys vs. Aliens rocks. Not saying the gunfights aren't fun, but the rule set just seems too simplistic.
I know I'm in the minority, but the rule set and theme did nothing for me.
snaroff

I am sure they will enhance the code and add some great new features to push the game to a new level. There are plenty of folks like you that are luke warm to the idea of a CCr so maybe it will drive them to make it something we haven't seen.

1 month later
#30 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Cheaper would be great, but I'm guessing pricing will be the same as AFMR. People will pay a premium for new. I'd pay way over current values for lots of pins if they were new. I'd be giddy if CGC started cranking out some 80s remakes for $5k.

It’s amazing how quickly the market is moving over here for these classic BW titles. Only a couple of months ago I made this post, now we’re seeing TOM’s being listed for aud$8.5 - aud$10K which is not far off the price of a CGC remake over here. No way Tom is worth it IMO.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

It’s amazing how quickly the market is moving over here for these classic BW titles. Only a couple of months ago I made this post, now we’re seeing TOM’s being listed for $8.5 - $10K which is not far off the price of a CGC remake over here. No way Tom is worth it IMO.

Not when you can still get a decent example for $5k that with a little clean up fixem up can be almost good as new.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Not when you can still get a decent example for $5k that with a little clean up fixem up can be almost good as new.

Not over here - even players condition are asking usd$6k plus. At these prices, A brand new one for another usd$1000 doesn’t seem out of the question (assuming you like the game).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 85.00
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-could-be-next?hl=panic_flip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.