Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by markmon
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 11 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

64_G-348.jpg
75_G.jpg
76_G.jpg
35_G.jpg
43_G.jpg
41_G.jpg
49_G.jpg
38_G.jpg
4_G.jpg
27_G.jpg
24_G.jpg

#1 5 years ago

Big thanks to epthegeek for the help on this. First time installing it here.He made it a breeze.
After a little observation I was able to mount everything neat and clean in conjunction with epthegeeks set up which was my biggest concern.
Might put some pics up in the thread here later but this is the link to it. http://christopherhutchins.com/gallery/album597

#2 5 years ago

Stunning! As usual Chris. Awesome work.

The head looks very clean how everything was installed and wired

#3 5 years ago

Wow! I'd like to see something like this in person some day.

Nice landscaping as well.

#4 5 years ago

HEPthegeek!

#5 5 years ago

Some pictures for the thread.

27_G.jpg 24_G.jpg 4_G.jpg
#6 5 years ago

Playfield.

38_G.jpg 41_G.jpg 43_G.jpg 49_G.jpg
#7 5 years ago

Inside head and cabinet.

35_G.jpg 75_G.jpg 76_G.jpg 64_G-348.jpg
#8 5 years ago

Very neat and tidy setup, beautiful restoration as always..
I'm interested which kind of brand/type of computer case, motherboard and cpu you used.

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from lyzanxia:

Very neat and tidy setup, beautiful restoration as always..
I'm interested which kind of brand/type of computer case, motherboard and cpu you used.

Thanks. No clue on the set up .That was all handled by epthegeek. It was plug and play combined with the Proc board.

#10 4 years ago

i'll be doing this soon

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from lyzanxia:

Looks like a Shuttle DS61 v1.1. Same one I used in my project.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Looks like a Shuttle DS61 v1.1. Same one I used in my project.

True story. For CPU I just get whatever socket 1155 is cheap at the time.

1 month later
#13 4 years ago

What did you use for the audio? I'm still running off external speakers and would like to hard wire it up.

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from Bigdaddy1000:

What did you use for the audio? I'm still running off external speakers and would like to hard wire it up.

Lepai 168 amp.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Lepai 168 amp.

Thanks - saw that in the photo. How is it connected into the game itself though? Do I just run game audio directly into the amp and then to the speakers (and if so, how)? I had previously tried the mod described by Erik on soldmy.org but had way too much hum to keep it that way. Thanks for the help.

#16 4 years ago

Audio out cable from pc to the amp input. Sub channel from amp to cabinet speaker. Left and right output channel to backbox speakers, replacing the right 3.5" with a full 5.25" for balanced stereo sound. Then you can adjust the cabinet speaker crossover and bass amount. I did the same thing on my Nucore Rfm and even with the 6.5" the speaker shakes the game like it has a real sub in it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside