• 53 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Fast400
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCC_Gaming_Station_Wave_3_Features.pdf (PDF preview)
CCC_Remote_Control_Functions_Diagram.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 11 years ago

Andre put together a pretty nice setup, but they're built for european power standards (220v?) - Canada uses 115/120v like the US, doesn't it?

#7 11 years ago

I couldn't get any of the single board computers I tried working smoothly enough to be comfortable selling them to people, so no. But really, what does it matter where it is as long as its internal? It's not as if you'd service a PC with it mounted in the pin anyway. The small cases I'm using are smaller than what lanny went with so the fit where the coin box is if you want easy access.

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

My friend is having his CC restored and asked if it could be mounted in the head for a clean look. Seems the Predator guys are going that route too with a single board computer, perhaps a more powerful model was just released. Anyway, I told him I'd ask. Don't shoot the messenger

Sorry, wasn't trying to be snippy - I just don't get the 'it has to be in the head, nyar' mentality. I hadn't heard the predator guys were using SBCs; kudos to them.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from banderas:

In accordance with Eric, we would propose that people from one side of the globe should get in contact with him to mabye not get in trouble with customs, shipping and handling and you get the box directly from the programmer ...and I will try to do my best for the other part of the world...
André

Doesn't much matter to me if people would rather have your setup. I would think for people in north america it'd be cheaper and less hassle to get & use my stuff -- but if they'd prefer what you built, more power to 'em.

E

4 months later
#28 10 years ago
Quoted from vcloverjr:

Thanks for all the hard work. Would love to get me a CC. Do you plan on getting into the Colorization of other DMD games? Outside of course of the P-ROC projects?
Thanks again...

For colorizing other games, you'll have to stick with Randy at ColorDMD. The only reason I was able to color CC is because it's a P-ROC game and run by a computer, thus it can easily use a computer display to show whatever you program it to do. As it is, this is just a bolted in LCD monitor, not custom hardware that handles colorization like ColorDMD does.

/the one doing the hard work

1 month later
#44 10 years ago

You can't really complain too much about how much work it is when nobody ask you to do it in the first place

I think something as simple as naming the thing differently would have helped a lot - like "Andre's Gaming Station ... FOR Cactus Canyon Continued" and then mostly leave off the project name when referencing it. Putting the project name into the full name of your kit gives the wrong impression. I've talked to a pretty good number of people who misunderstood thanks to your videos about whose project CCC really is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-continued-gaming-station?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.