(Topic ID: 152529)

Cactus Canyon, CC Collectors Plaque, Plate Original or NOT!

By Magicchiz

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20160218_122809_(resized).jpg
20160218_115949_(resized).jpg
20160218_115959_(resized).jpg
20160218_120211_(resized).jpg
#1 8 years ago

Ok I have posted on different CC Collectors Plaque wanted posts. So lets try a post just talking about these plaques/plates.

I have acquired a plaque with my number now. But I am very interested if this one is a original or reproduction. I know Robert Winter chimed in that it should feel rough like sand paper. His had a 5 punched into the back. this one has a 4 punched into the back. I am also wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a difference in the game number. This one is indented and looks like it could have been engraved. Some photos on the internet look like the number might be raised. I know the 925 is, but I am talking about the specific machine number.
Is there anyone who has a answer and does anyone know who reproduced them? I would be interested in people posting their plaque/ plate pictures for comparison. I took a few photos, the sun was washing out the gold. These photos are all of the same plaque. Also there is a pic of the stamped 4.
Thanks
Magicchiz

20160218_120211_(resized).jpg20160218_120211_(resized).jpg

20160218_115959_(resized).jpg20160218_115959_(resized).jpg

20160218_115949_(resized).jpg20160218_115949_(resized).jpg

20160218_122809_(resized).jpg20160218_122809_(resized).jpg

#2 8 years ago

What number does everyone else have on the back of theirs?
Magicchiz

#3 8 years ago

the 906 looks cast in not stamped?

what is the outer dimension of the plate in both directions as well as the holes spacing in both directions? as then people will have something to measure off as well.

#4 8 years ago

Out of the ones I have, the #'s on the backs are;
out of 5 plates
Not sure what those # mean.

#5 8 years ago

Pinball works do all of the game numbers look stamped/ engraved like this one?
JC

The size of the plaque is roughly 3x2 1/2 and Holes are 2 1/2 from top to bottom.

#6 8 years ago

Hi , where you bought the plate for CC , thanks for the information

#7 8 years ago

Pinballworks, Does all of yours look like the same as this one?
Magicchiz

#9 8 years ago

I think unless it comes with some sort of proof that those are original it just seems like some one is trying to make a killing on something that could be a repro $50 part for a small run stamped parts and gotta ask how they got so many of those numbers

#10 8 years ago

swinks,
That's what I am trying to find out. If nothing else so everyone will know. It is still cool to have one with my number. It could have been cheaper if it is a repop. Although I figured High end game. Wtf is a few hundred dollars more.
Again trying to find the real scoop and see if others can confirm or deny. Again there was the rumor that a bunch went over to Germany and if that is the case maybe.
Although there is also a few that said they reproduced them. If that is the case. Who reproduced them and did they do all the numbers? Are these the reproduced ones?
We need owners to take pictures of theirs and post them so we can see.
Can anyone with a known original post a picture of the front and back of a original?
Magicchiz

#11 8 years ago

Your plaque seems original to me, I wouldn't worry about it.
To me it looks identical to another one I saw.

If you read here http://flippermarkt.de/community/forum/showthread.php?t=102812&highlight=cactus+plaque
in 2011 already it was known that a large lot of plates was available in Germany.

And if someone reprod them they would be able to make all numbers..

#12 8 years ago

I have a bunch of originals sitting around which were delivered to the German Importeur and never given along with the games. The backside number just says which die number made this piece. If you need any or maybe the matching playfield just let me know.

Regards, Mirco

#13 8 years ago

Calling all Law men. Chime in!

#15 8 years ago

Ok, we'll from a few that pm me. It appears these are originals. Unless of course someone can show differently. This is good news for those looking for your number. Elke who I emailed was great to work with and responded after all inquiry. Shipping from Germany went smooth. Don't hesitate to get your number while you can.

Again if anybody has info on reproduction plaques. Please post here and pictures to document for everybody's interest.
Magicchiz

1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

16,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Bullhead City, AZ
$ 1,139.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 54.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-cc-collectors-plaque-plate-original-or-not and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.