(Topic ID: 296255)

Cabinet rail mini workbench table - DIY?

By Markharris2000

2 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0421 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_0420 (resized).JPEG

#1 2 years ago

I seem to always be looking for a place to put down a screwdriver, or some screws and washers or a coil bracket, or other stuff every time I work under a playfield. I know we all use the top of the coinbox or a table sitting close by, but I thought it sure would be nice if I just make a platform table that slid onto the rails and stayed level and in place. A quick trip to home depot and $10 in wood and bada-bing !!!! A cabinet rail table is born...

Think of this as a prototype. It's about 22-inches wide, and sits on the standard rails with a 6.5-degree wedge. I used yoga mat material to protect the top rail surface and make the whole thing non-slip. The board is about 8-inches front to back. I plan to add some small wooden borders to the top to keep stuff from rolling off.

This is a simple build. Very little cutting required. Took 15 minutes to assemble.

Why is it a prototype? Because the playfield is 6.5-degrees, but the rails themselves are closer to 14-degrees!!! Dooohh.... My V2 will fix that!!!

Thoughts?

IMG_0420 (resized).JPEGIMG_0420 (resized).JPEGIMG_0421 (resized).JPEGIMG_0421 (resized).JPEG

#2 2 years ago

Reminds me of this classic thread from a few years ago...
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wow-pincaddy-is-a-really-cool-new-product

#3 2 years ago

I wasn't aware of Pincaddy. Consider this a bump for the topic, and an DIY visual aid on making one for those that are handy....

#4 2 years ago
    Quoted from Markharris2000:

I wasn't aware of Pincaddy. Consider this a bump for the topic, and an DIY visual aid on making one for those that are handy....

Pincaddy is kind of a joke, I just linked that thread because it was amusing when it played out.....
    Most of us agree that the way you did it is a better choice.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-table-a-sneek-peek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.