Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 110 posts
  • 41 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Vet-N-Vet
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Williams-Sorcerer-1.jpg
    storeSORC.jpg
    image.jpg
    IMG_3235.JPG
    SIgood.jpg
    Bally Mata Hari 1.jpg
    PFcabres7.jpg
    PFcabres5.jpg
    PFcabres3.jpg
    PFcabres2.jpg
    PFcabres1.jpg
    copied112011 283.jpg
    562551_10201019973238356_1808964880_n.jpg
    20121104_190229.jpg
    formaldehyde-emissions.pdf (PDF preview)
    5003_5058.pdf (PDF preview)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballPimp:

I'm also working on getting approval to sell Gottlieb stencils as well. Talking now so hopefully they will be up on my site as well. Here are some of the machines I already have stencils for:
    1974 Big Indian / Big Brave
    1975 Abra Ca Dabra
    1975 El Dorado
    1976 Royal Flush / Card Whiz
    1976 Target Alpha
    1976 Spirit of 76 / Pioneer
    1976 Surf Champ / Surfer
    Mustang / Bronco coming real soon
    Fire Queen / Vulcan coming real soon
    Joker Poker coming real soon

That's really good news-pls keep us posted on progress.
    Do you ship internationally eg Australia?

1 week later
    #58 9 years ago
    Quoted from dasvis:

Actually, I would rather have much thicker stencils, WITHOUT any adhesive on them.
    A nice thin shot of low tack 3M spray by the end user would make them much, much easier to align & you could get the factory overspray effect.

Per an earlier post dasvis I think this is the advantage of striving for metal stencils as used originally. If only???

2 weeks later
    #73 9 years ago

I am in the process of restoring a Gottlieb Pro Football EM which from purchase had some serious cabinet flaws on the right side particularly within the 'footballer red helmets and a red splash section.

PFcabres1.jpgPFcabres1.jpg

Earlier in this thread I was very interested in reference to factory stencilling of EMs by way of metal stencil jigs. That was a bit much for me but I thought I would try the same principle using MDF board.
    I traced each of the helmets and the splash to tracing paper and then adhered the trace to the MDF.

PFcabres2.jpgPFcabres2.jpg

I then cut the 'to spray' section out using a jigsaw with timber cut blade and cleaned up the edges with abrasive paper and secured the board to the cabinet using light cargo webbing.

PFcabres3.jpgPFcabres3.jpg

Time now for spraying using a Duplicolour spraycan from the local auto shop. The colour flame red was an almost identical match to the original colour.

PFcabres5.jpgPFcabres5.jpg

I was very happy with the result particularly getting the small overspray line around the perimeter per the original factory finish.

PFcabres7.jpgPFcabres7.jpg

I was also surprised that this is not a particularly time consuming method. A few minutes to trace, the same to adhere to board, about 10mins to jigsaw and cut the board and about 15mins to mask, spray & remove jig. I am now rather keen to try the process on a complete cab resto.

1 month later
    #93 9 years ago
    Quoted from Mk1Mod0:

C'mon over, dude! We'll have a party!

SIgood.jpg 502 KB

Yeh left & right repeater on the detail dude-definitely need to be sober for that one

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wayner.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-stencils?tu=wayner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.