Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 954 posts
  • 203 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 months ago by emsrph
  • Topic is favorited by 622 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1146 (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_1135 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1133 (resized).jpeg
    PB CAB 4 (resized).jpg
    PB CAB 2 (resized).jpg
    PB CAB 3 (resized).jpg
    PB CAB 1 (resized).jpg
    2023-10-19 12.56.19 (resized).jpg
    2023-10-19 13.13.08 (resized).jpg
    2023-10-19 12.56.11 (resized).jpg
    2023-10-19 12.56.05 (resized).jpg
    2023-10-19 12.55.57 (resized).jpg
    20230412_184020 (resized).jpg
    20230815_171154 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

8 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Wear a respirator when sanding old paint Posted by vid1900 (8 years ago)

Post #2 Repairing large missing wood chunks with fiberglass resin Posted by vid1900 (8 years ago)

Post #24 Primer and Paint commentary Posted by vid1900 (8 years ago)

Post #103 Repairing separated corners Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #145 Wood selection Posted by vid1900 (7 years ago)

Post #273 Steps to replace a cabinet bottom Posted by vid1900 (6 years ago)

Post #344 Proper Router Bit for Creating Corner Joints on Cabinets. Posted by vid1900 (6 years ago)

Post #489 Separated Corners on Cabinets and How to Repair Them. Posted by vid1900 (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#753 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

The cab side are sanded to bare wood but I have a few spots of bondo, can the decal be placed directly over or do they need to be sealed as well? I'm trying to keep the surface as flat as possible. I also have rapid prep and rapid tack on hand.

I prime and paint the whole surface where the decals go but that is my routine. I have also done the decals dry since my first decal failure using rapitac 15 years ago on Addams Family. 2 decals just had bubbles appear. I’m sure it was my fault and many swear by the wet method but Bryan Kelly used to have a video I think that convinced me to try it and I’ve done it ever since. If you line up and go slow it is virtually like putting on stencils or a hardtop.i use a kitty litter box to hold them in place after I triple check the alignment.

Good luck either way

#759 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lovef2k:

The decals are done finally. All in all I'm happy with the results. The backbox was the hardest. Trimming w razors wasn't fun and proved to be more difficult than I expected. Guys on YouTube make it look so easy!

I wonder if this is the decal material or the edge on that cabinet is not smooth. I have never done this era of game with t molding. But on IPB, Phoenix Arcade and this new 2nd gen decals with a utility knife you can usually trim the decal like butter.

I have also done this a ton with arcade CPOs and it works with that much heavier material. There is always a place in the edge that the wood has a burr in the wood but reversing direction usually takes care of that or some careful trimming.

Its better to take the decal off the edge a /16 on an inch with a metal straight edge and use a paint pen than to let something grab the decal and pulli it off during your pin party.

Post some pictures, always love to see this what people are doing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider KJL.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-restoration-vids-guide?tu=KJL and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.