4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Ricochet
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_2337 (resized).JPG
    DSC_2333 (resized).JPG
    #1 4 years ago

Does anyone know of any companies or individuals that provide complete, cabinet restoration/painting services? ...Including sanding, fill, professional painting (not rattle can) and stenciling? I've seen several people doing it themselves but I don't have the skills, equipment (or patience!) to come close to what I've seen out there. But if fees/rates are reasonable...

1 week later
    #3 4 years ago

I occasionally see the following craigslist ad for pinball restoration. I think it's a pinsider. It's within (long) driving distance of you.

inlandempire.craigslist.org link

#4 4 years ago

Never underestimate the power of the rattle can!

DSC_2333 (resized).JPGDSC_2333 (resized).JPGDSC_2337 (resized).JPGDSC_2337 (resized).JPG
    #5 4 years ago
    Quoted from Flipper_McGavin:

Never underestimate the power of the rattle can![quoted image][quoted image]

Well said I've done several restores on pins with rattle can and they turn out pretty nice

Not sure why rattle cans get such a bad rap.

#6 4 years ago
    Quoted from timab2000:

Well said I've done several restores on pins with rattle can and they turn out pretty nice
    Not sure why rattle cans get such a bad rap.

They get a bad rap because just about everyone getting into a cabinet repaint for the first time chooses rattles over other methods; we then get to see pics of these poor results here. My first repaint sucked too... live and learn. I've since used a gun and still use rattle with very good outcomes... it's all in the prep, methods, and type of paints chosen.

#7 4 years ago

Agree with the above. It’s all about the prep and what type of paint you use. I’ve had really good luck using Molotow or Montana rattle cans.

#8 4 years ago

Done both sprayer and rattle can. Rattle cans work great inside the cabinet because they afford you great freedom of movement.

Sprayer is quick and easier to get a uniform application.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages... it depends upon the person.

And yes ... prep work and sand/tack between coats is what it’s all about.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-restoration-services?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.