You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

new cabinet (resized).jpg
IMG_0141 (resized).JPG
23802598_3_x (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I have a 62 Gottlieb preview that I am restoring and can not decide if I should go back to the boring original cabinet paint or up date it with some silhouette's and color. I will not be selling the pin and thus any mod's would be for my enjoyment. However this is going to be my best restoration to date and everything is straight factory so fare. I will be getting a resto backglass. I have done other cabinet restorations with modern cabinet design and they look good just not sure what the right call is for this one. My Williams soccer came out nice.

23802598_3_x (resized).jpg23802598_3_x (resized).jpg

IMG_0141 (resized).JPGIMG_0141 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

I vote for the original paint scheme.

#3 6 years ago

Sorry- but I strongly prefer original. I would honestly not even look at a game that had a "custom" cabinet- unless it was seriously amazing hand done airbrush artistry you could hang on a wall, OMG amazing- and even then- I would prefer original. Don't do it!

You asked!

#4 6 years ago

original it is. and it's looking great

new cabinet (resized).jpgnew cabinet (resized).jpg

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from DDABK:

I will not be selling the pin and thus any mod's would be for my enjoyment

Well there it is. Do what you want man.

#6 6 years ago

Looking great! Games look complete when they are in the original colors and scheme. I know the cabinet art is hardly "art" but it just looks right!

Excellent work

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from DDABK:

original it is. and it's looking great

Well done !

2 years later
#8 3 years ago

Do you have pictures of the finished game? What is your impression of the game play.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-restoration-original-or-new?hl=silverstreak02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.