So I picked up a 1964 Williams Soccer, and some idiot had painted the cabinet red. It was a horrible paint job, over spray on the side rails, drip marks, only 2/3 painted on the one side, basically a gong show.
I knew I'd need to repaint it, but before I started sanding it, I thought I'd try a paint remover that I had left over from my deck. I just poured it right on, and used a scrub brush. It worked beautifully!
I was able to get the shitty red off without harming the original paint. Sure, the cabinet looks a little worn, but I'd rather that than what it was.
In case you're ever in the same boat, and want to try it, I've included a product shot as well.
I wish I took photos before I started, but I did shoot the second side once I saw how it worked.