Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017-10-07 13.53.43 (resized).jpg
    2017-10-07 13.53.34 (resized).jpg
    tron-legacy-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    new-mock-1 (resized).jpg
    77C12947-EE0B-4366-8EE6-035E8D712DB9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4721 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4719 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4718 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4716 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1795 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6223 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6222 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6218 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6217 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#42 7 years ago

What's the preferred method to trim off the excess? I'm about to do 2 cabinets (well, in the spring) and don't want to screw it up!

4 months later
    #167 6 years ago

What's with the crazy vendetta ? Is there some Decals War going on im not aware of?

#174 6 years ago
    Quoted from cosmokramer:

Is this the Wayne guy who ripped people off for MM remakes?

According to this, a "Wayne Gillard from Mr Pinball Australia" took deposits for MM remakes but never produced games:
    http://www.skill-shot.com/content/the-highs-and-lows-of-pinball-manufacturing,8245

I don't know the whole story on that but it seems like a pretty big coincidence it's the same name. Eventually the rights were sold to PPS according to this source: http://www.pinballnews.com/news/williamsrights.html

so I don't know if that means that the MM money went along with it, or what. But it does seem to imply that Mr. Pinball Australia doesn't hold the licenses any more

#204 6 years ago

This is really a disservice to the community. Shooting ourselves in the foot once again

#207 6 years ago
    Quoted from Sonny_Jim:

Splashing it all over pinside, bad mouthing a competitor who had actually gone out of his way to get the license and trying to play the victim card when hit with DMCA violations was just a bad idea if you ask me.

Who was the competitor? I've only been following the drama here the past couple days

#227 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Because they have a lock on the market and can get stupid money for them.

Hence why so many people are upset at RR closing up shop. The market couldn't bear $450 prices, so competition showed up. This is why there's no such thing as a "free market," friends.

#243 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

Hate on Rick all you want but when someone is a rights holder they are obligated to protect those rights or they could lose them. I feel bad about RR and all and I hope that wherever these were made starts marketing themselves.
    PP is still 1000% better than when the rights were held in Australia.
    A lot of modern Stern stuff (and DE) is becoming unavailable since Stern only focuses on new machines.

In the US at least, this is not accurate. A trademark needs to be protected, like if I started up a kitchen utensil company called "planetary pinball" then PPS would and could send a cease and desist to stop using the trademark. This isn't how licenses work. You can own a license and not do a thing for as long as you want. This doesn't mean people can just start using the stuff you've licensed, but you are not obligated to do jack

2 weeks later
    #268 6 years ago

Got some MB in the mail the other day - they really look good - I have not inspected them Against the current cab but they are a good size, the dithering is sharp, the image isn't fuzzy. Definitely a good set, IMO

1 month later
    #314 6 years ago
    Quoted from jboner1058:

How smooth does the finish on the cab have to be to get these to adhere properly?

I'm sure these will stick to any reasonably smooth surface, but you won't be happy with it - every imperfection will come through. You need to sand so it feels completely smooth, then a high grit sandpaper (800-1000) just to give it a tiny bit of teeth, then apply

#320 6 years ago
    Quoted from jboner1058:

Does anyone have any info on how to clean these without damaging the art?

Pete will post about it - I remember him saying they are pretty sturdy

1 month later
    #361 6 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Well if I can't buy from RR.....I'll find another alternative elsewhere. It may not be available right now....but something will pop up, I can wait.
    Why would I grab my ankles and fork over $500 for decals? LOL....a cabinet isn't that important to me.

Email him

#373 6 years ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

NOW I get why people horde parts.
    Too many things no longer made, out of stock, lost the licence, dispute with the owner, a few exist but way overpriced..........
    Seems like you gotta get parts when they are available, not necessarily when you need them.

You nailed it. Too much bullshit

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-decals-from-retro-refurbs?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.