Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017-10-07 13.53.43 (resized).jpg
    2017-10-07 13.53.34 (resized).jpg
    tron-legacy-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    new-mock-1 (resized).jpg
    77C12947-EE0B-4366-8EE6-035E8D712DB9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4721 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4719 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4718 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4716 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1795 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6223 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6222 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6218 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6217 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#50 7 years ago

A friend purchased a set and I watched the installation yesterday. I think, they are fine for what they are. The decals he purchased were not totally true to the originals, artwork was slightly larger and did not match-up correctly. Had to shift the cab decals down about an inch -inch and a half from the top of the cab or the logo would have been covered by the side rails.

My only other "compliant" was that he had a guy with a ton of vinyl experience come over to apply, he used a felt covered squeegee and even with the felt he ended up with superficial scratches on the vinyl. You could see almost every squeegee stroke-changed felt and it made no difference. It's not something you could see from afar, but noticeable with the cab laying on its side under lighting. I was kind of surprised by this.

#52 7 years ago

He did not apply them with a hot air gun. I will let my friend know this may take out the scratches. I will also have him drop you a line regarding the sizing issues.

This is the instruments we used. It's pretty par for the course in vinyl application: https://www.amazon.com/Sedeta-Durable-Wrapping-Cleaning-Squeegee/dp/B00X3EOD7Q/ref=sr_1_11

There is another set that is waiting for the cabinet to be finished, I'll make sure we grab a lino brayer for that.

#65 7 years ago

After watching the decals applied, I would say that the process was not that difficult. The materials are very forgiving. As with anything, it's about having the right tools, doing the prep work and not making shortcuts.

2 weeks later
    #113 7 years ago

We found them easy to apply, but as I stated light scratching with felt covered squeegee. You could see every stroke.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nerdygrrl.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-decals-from-retro-refurbs?tu=nerdygrrl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.