Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 380 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 57 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2017-10-07 13.53.43 (resized).jpg
    2017-10-07 13.53.34 (resized).jpg
    tron-legacy-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    new-mock-1 (resized).jpg
    77C12947-EE0B-4366-8EE6-035E8D712DB9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4721 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4719 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4718 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4716 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1795 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6223 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6222 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6218 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6217 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexsmendes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

No problem at all. Just drop me a message and we'll get this sorted out.
    I do appreciate constructive feedback.

Pete, I've been trying to reach you in the last few days... sent you a couple of PM's and e-mails... please reply.

#183 6 years ago
    Quoted from Groucho:

I'm hardly seen on here as i like to keep low however i do a lot of reading.
    I love the forum and i've done a heap of transactions with some really honest and great people from this forum and i will continue to do so.
    I for one am happy and pleased that now we have options with reproduced pinball parts, as not to long ago we didn't.
    Ok.....Time to rant.
    There's a lot of ungrateful bastards on here!
    Three options...
    1. Be grateful that someone is reproducing the decals that YOU need. Buy them with gratitude and be thankful that they have been recreated. That they have taken the time and care to do the best they can to deliver YOU a quality product as close to the original as possible. One pixel out, one shade off or slightly larger.... Whatever. Question......(generalization) if you didn't buy these Radical decals from retro refurbs where would you have bought them from ? Are any available elsewhere ?
    2. re create, re draw the decals and get them printed yourself. That way you have no one else to blame or heckle at.
    3. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DON'T BUY THEM IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH THEM ! do us a favour and leave your pinball in the state its in.
    I'd personally prefer that you whingers do the latter. Make life better for the lot of us.

Amen!

#212 6 years ago

Don't need to say what I think... a few people have done that already:

"There's a lot of ungrateful bastards on here!

Three options...

1. Be grateful that someone is reproducing the decals that YOU need. Buy them with gratitude and be thankful that they have been recreated. That they have taken the time and care to do the best they can to deliver YOU a quality product as close to the original as possible. One pixel out, one shade off or slightly larger.... Whatever. Question......(generalization) if you didn't buy these Radical decals from retro refurbs where would you have bought them from ? Are any available elsewhere ?

2. re create, re draw the decals and get them printed yourself. That way you have no one else to blame or heckle at.

3. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND DON'T BUY THEM IF YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH THEM ! do us a favour and leave your pinball in the state its in.

I'd personally prefer that you whingers do the latter. Make life better for the lot of us."

"Yep, sad indeed. It appears a source of hard to or impossible to get decals may have went the way of the dodo."

"So very, very sad to see Retro Refurbs go."

"sadly the actions of the few (gready) people have ruined it for the many. haters gona hate!"

"This is really a disservice to the community. Shooting ourselves in the foot once again"

#236 6 years ago

Has anyone heard from Pete since then?

#240 6 years ago
    Quoted from Dkjimbo:

This is re-goddamn-diculous!!! I used Retro Refurbs on my AFM restoration and the product was awesome. Some of us don't give a shit about licenses and just want to restore our machines the most economic way possible. I don't understand this holier than thou bullshit about licensed decals. WHO CARES? Is some attorney going to come beat my door down and demand that they confiscate my machines because I used printed stickers that were created without the license holders approval on a 25 year old image? umm....no..
    Arcademojo said something important up there....if you OWN the machine and want to refurbish it with new stickers I don't see how there is any issue no matter where you get the art...how far does this go?! Lets say you have an old HULK machine and decide to hand-paint the cabinet as part of your restoration are you now committing a crime because you are not paying Marvel licensing fees? give me a break
    This is so sad that we had this great resource in RR and now its over.

Most are with you 100% on this matter... including me...

I'm also way fucking pissed with all those grumpy fuckers (you know who you are) that came here (and to other threads) talking shit about RR.

#242 6 years ago
    Quoted from blowback1976:

RR website ... back online ...

#251 6 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

Is this a order while you can before it's too late?

Hope not!

2 weeks later
    #259 6 years ago

I've got a complete T2 chrome set (cabinet and apron decals + translite), on the way.... let you know in a few weeks!

1 week later
    #280 6 years ago

Got my T2 Chrome set from RR and the package was delivered without a mark in it. Decals smooth and no issues. Amazing overall quality - the translite is awesome!!!

3 weeks later
    #310 6 years ago
    Quoted from RetroRefurbs:

We do make plastic sets, look on the website
    Feedback from customers have said they are better than original in most cases so we've been making other sets.
    A full set of Terminator 2 will be released at the end of this month. Doctor Who is being worked on.

T2 Chrome Edition?

1 month later
    #347 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rondogg:

The sad thing is that RR provides products that the rights holders either refuse to provide or provide at a price many times what Pete sells them for.

Pete - Thank you for all you do for the community!

1 week later
    #363 6 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks like there's a Black Market for pinball parts now. Who would have thunk.

If even the license holders had the products we all need... in STOCK with FAIR prices, btw...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexsmendes.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-decals-from-retro-refurbs?tu=alexsmendes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.