By Margaritaphil

10 months ago

Stats

• 375 posts
  • 107 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 month ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 59 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 73 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

2017-10-07 13.53.43 (resized).jpg
    2017-10-07 13.53.34 (resized).jpg
    tron-legacy-pinball-sideblades-inside-decals-sideboard-art-pin-blades (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    1 (resized).jpg
    new-mock-1 (resized).jpg
    77C12947-EE0B-4366-8EE6-035E8D712DB9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_4721 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4719 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4718 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4716 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1795 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6223 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6222 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6218 (resized).JPG
    DSCN6217 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 375 posts in topic. You are on page 8 of 8.
    #351 61 days ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Looks like there's a Black Market for pinball parts now. Who would have thunk.

Are we going to have to start buying them with bitcoins??

#352 61 days ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

It's actually been around for a while. LOL

#353 61 days ago
    Quoted from tktlwyr:

It's actually been around for a while. LOL

That's what I kind of thought but I don't know of any other parts.

#354 55 days ago

Bally, Williams stuff gone from their website again.

#355 55 days ago

Welcome back $550 decal sets!

#356 55 days ago

Retro Refurbs have an excellent product. Surely the license holders can come to reasonable terms to keep these on the market and affordable. It is to their benefit to make these products generally available, they sell more, and it closes the current huge gaping hole in affordable availability in the market, which just provide incentive for folks to try to sell unlicensed versions.

Meet the demand with an excellent, affordable product. Seems like they are doing so with the new hardtop playfield overlays, why not with retro refurb's side art, etc.?

#357 55 days ago

Seems like 500% profit is more of a motivating factor.

Too bad, RR also covered a lot of lower demand titles that I have a hard time believing the license holders will ever get around to making.

#358 55 days ago

Damn. I will be needing a couple of sets of can decals in the next few weeks that are now no longer available.
    Such a shame and inconvenience for all pinball fans.

#359 55 days ago

Seems like if you direct emailed Pete maybe you could work something out, I dunno? Or maybe it’s a lost cause.. too bad

#360 55 days ago

Well if I can't buy from RR.....I'll find another alternative elsewhere. It may not be available right now....but something will pop up, I can wait.

Why would I grab my ankles and fork over $500 for decals? LOL....a cabinet isn't that important to me.

#361 55 days ago
    Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Well if I can't buy from RR.....I'll find another alternative elsewhere. It may not be available right now....but something will pop up, I can wait.
    Why would I grab my ankles and fork over $500 for decals? LOL....a cabinet isn't that important to me.

Email him

#362 54 days ago

Decals costing over $300 will make it not worth it for all but the most valuable titles....doesnt make sense to spend $550 for stickers on a game worth 3k

#363 54 days ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

If even the license holders had the products we all need... in STOCK with FAIR prices, btw...

#364 54 days ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Email him

I will be....and I'll praise his work on pinside. I just hope he keeps chugging along....his product is good

#365 53 days ago

NOW I get why people horde parts.
    Too many things no longer made, out of stock, lost the licence, dispute with the owner, a few exist but way overpriced..........
    Seems like you gotta get parts when they are available, not necessarily when you need them.

#366 53 days ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Too many things no longer made, out of stock, lost the license, dispute with the owner, a few exist but way overpriced..........
    Seems like you gotta get parts when they are available, not necessarily when you need them.

Parts were not available in years past. This has changed greatly in the last few years. I am fortunate to be working with some of the manufacturers of new replacement parts and I can say things are much better today than in the past. There are quite a few pieces in the works for B/W. Most parts are done on a need basis. If enough people ask about a product it gets sent to the top of the list.Having people make items without approval and quality control is a double-edged sword. Products of lesser quality become readily available and quality products end up never being produced. Be careful what you wish for.

#367 53 days ago

My Swords Of Fury is coming along nicely with the new decals from RR. 90% cabinet prep / 10% decal application

2017-10-07 13.53.34 (resized).jpg

2017-10-07 13.53.43 (resized).jpg

#368 53 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Parts were not available in years past. This has changed greatly in the last few years. I am fortunate to be working with some of the manufacturers of new replacement parts and I can say things are much better today than in the past. There are quite a few pieces in the works for B/W. Most parts are done on a need basis. If enough people ask about a product it gets sent to the top of the list.Having people make items without approval and quality control is a double-edged sword. Products of lesser quality become readily available and quality products end up never being produced. Be careful what you wish for.

Except in this case we already had quality parts available. Just needed the blessing of the IP holders. Besides, the market can decide if it wants to pay substantially more for a "higher quality" product or not, can't it?

#369 53 days ago
    Quoted from Fytr:

Except in this case we already had quality parts available.

Not every thing was "Quality". I used some of their decals. They scanned existing art and digitally printed it. They expanded the art to cover the cabinet edges. The art was not correct in some games. Party Zone alone cannot be digitally reproduced due to the neons on the art. The set I received was also disproportionate and off-color. Digital reproductions are getting much better but using the original B/W files is a must IMHO. Not scans." A copy of a copy is just a copy"

#370 53 days ago
    Quoted from Skypilot:

Not every thing was "Quality". I used some of their decals. They scanned existing art and digitally printed it. They expanded the art to cover the cabinet edges. The art was not correct in some games. Party Zone alone cannot be digitally reproduced due to the neons on the art. The set I received was also disproportionate and off-color. Digital reproductions are getting much better but using the original B/W files is a must IMHO. Not scans." A copy of a copy is just a copy"

What did the licensed Party Zone decals look like? Oh yeah, they'll never be made...

#371 53 days ago
    #373 53 days ago
    Quoted from RCA1:

Too many things no longer made, out of stock, lost the licence, dispute with the owner, a few exist but way overpriced..........

You nailed it. Too much bullshit

#374 53 days ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Humm, and cheaper shipping and not overpriced.

I bought decals from Bay Area for my HSII and they are horrible quality. I have bought 3 sets from Retro and they are all amazing quality. I should have demanded my money back from BAA but to much time has passed. Lesson learned. But for others buyers beware when buying cab decals from BAA. Just my 2 cents.

#375 53 days ago

Bay Area has had 3 different versions of HS2 decals from different suppliers and different art - PPS has just recently run silkscreened Getaway with the correct florescent colors and this is what BAA and PPS have now. There have in the past been IPB HS2, and PPS Digitally Printed HS2 and now Original WMS Film HS2 which is what is now available.

#376 53 days ago
    Quoted from PPS:

Bay Area has had 3 different versions of HS2 decals from different suppliers and different art - PPS has just recently run silkscreened Getaway with the correct florescent colors and this is what BAA and PPS have now. There have in the past been IPB HS2, and PPS Digitally Printed HS2 and now Original WMS Film HS2 which is what is now available.

I would buy more reproduction parts from you if your website stated who made them and any notes on color differences, etc.

#378 50 days ago
    Quoted from Mancave:

Is it any wonder pin heads are looking for a cheaper option? IMHO this is ridiculous pricing, more sought after game the bigger the butt hurt also it seems.

Right. For only $923 USD I can buy these. No money grab there.

-link removed-

#379 50 days ago
    Quoted from stpcore:

Right. For only $923 USD I can buy these. No money grab there.

-link removed-

Yeah i did notice that one on his site, but it is only for that machine, the rest are more than within reason. I sure can't explain the huge mark up for BBB though Even considering the very small amount of these machines around that's a "tad" excessive

#380 50 days ago

Closing this thread (to avoid any further legal headaches). Sorry!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    £ 25.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sillyoldelf Mods
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Apparel - Unisex
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 989.00
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    £ 25.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Bright Lights Pinball
    € 8.40
    Apparel - Unisex
    ArcadeMade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Art Prints
    $ 6.00
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    € 9.95
    Playfield - Other
    Multigame
    There are 375 posts in topic. You are on page 8 of 8.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside