Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Pinless
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I am thinking of getting decals for my Tommy and JD. Never attempted it before . I notice there are a few options. Has anyone tried the decals from " Pinballdecals".. Are the better options? Appreciate any feedback ..Cheers

#2 4 years ago

I have used decals from planetary pinball (classic arcade) the fish tales i used were well done the ones i used for indy 500 were to small with colors and graphics orientation off . I think pinball decals also buys from classic arcade if you buy from them check your new decals before you start to strip your cabinet . There are other manufactures out there but i have not used there products but there are people here who have used them and may add comments

#3 4 years ago

I just used the pinballdecals.eu for my tz restore - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-restoration-1

I'm very happy with them. The biggest difference between them and the classic arcades decals is the gloss level imo. The ones from pinballdecals.eu are super glossy, and the ones from classic arcades are more of a satin finish.

I at least know that for sure with the tz decals. I bought a set of the next gen decals, and had to sell them immediately because the gloss level wasn't quite what i was looking for.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

I just used the pinballdecals.eu for my tz restore - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twilight-zone-restoration-1
I'm very happy with them. The biggest difference between them and the classic arcades decals is the gloss level imo. The ones from pinballdecals.eu are super glossy, and the ones from classic arcades are more of a satin finish.
I at least know that for sure with the tz decals. I bought a set of the next gen decals, and had to sell them immediately because the gloss level wasn't quite what i was looking for.

Were PinballDecals.eu screened or inkjet?

#5 4 years ago

Definitely were not screened. The only ones that I'm aware of that were screened were the phoenix arcade ones that are no longer available.

#6 4 years ago

I miss the old screen printed decals, but what do I know?

#7 4 years ago

I've actually got a set of Diner and Whirlwind Next Gen 2 decals in my basement that I just looked at for reference. A buddy told me the Next Gen process was essentially like screen printing, but with Ink, one layer at a time - I think he is right, as the colors seem to have different depths - they were printed one on top of the other. The colors look good on both, but you can see the printer lines if you look closely on the Next Gen stuff. The Pinballdecals.eu decals do not have the depth with each color, but also have no traces of being printed one line at a time. I'm no expert on either, I just know what I can see.

Hope that helps a bit

#8 4 years ago

Sorry, I keep thinking of more stuff ... I'm in the US, so it takes a month at least for the pinballdecals stuff to arrive, which is a definite drawback, but in the US, I think they cost me $214 USD, while the Next Gen stuff was $265 USD

#9 4 years ago

So do people here recommend PinballDecals.eu for supplying the decals? I am in the market for a set..

#10 4 years ago

I like the fake screened feel of next gen, but pinballdecals.eu are much better looking imo. I would totally recommend them

#11 4 years ago

Thank Guys for your input. Based on this discussion , I am leaning towards Pinballdecals.eu

Cheers

#12 4 years ago

I was just about to ask simular question as Iv got the " next gen" decals for my earthshaker restore but randomly stumbled apon the pinballdecals.eu and they shit all over next gen in there description is there any truth to it? which ones are actually better?

"For the serious pinball collector and flipper enthusiasts, Earthshaker pinball cabinet decals using original artwork display perfect colors matched to the factory design. Unlike poor quality “next generation” side art which is a cheap reproduction imitation and may lower the value of your precious game, these decals will make your game look brand new again and are faithfully restored."

Sorta wish id bought these now lol and they are cheaper!

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Mneubey:

Sorry, I keep thinking of more stuff ... I'm in the US, so it takes a month at least for the pinballdecals stuff to arrive, which is a definite drawback, but in the US, I think they cost me $214 USD, while the Next Gen stuff was $265 USD

They advertise shipping to the US in 14 days or less. I just purchased a set recently and they arrived within that time frame. Maybe they’ve gotten a little quicker.

9 months later
#14 3 years ago

I ordered and these over a month ago and no movement in tracking for over 30 days, this is causing huge problems as I hired someone to redo my game and he is sitting with it torn down asking me what's up. Does anyone have any insight on the places other than pinballdecals.eu? debating getting a second set to just get this done.

#15 3 years ago

I guess I should post a follow up to my response above. The decals I received were absolute garbage and unusable.

I do not recommend pinballdecals.eu. The guy is in Croatia and about as sketchy as can be. He tried to block my refund through PayPal by claiming the decals returned were damaged. Thankfully his scam didn’t work.

I was very happy with the decals I received from free-play.se and PPS

https://www.free-play.se/en/playfield-parts/decals/cabinet-decals/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 25.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pin-Decals

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 85.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
€ 27.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-decals-8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.