(Topic ID: 256991)

Cabinet Decal Question

By Cherga

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D0AAEA61-F679-4879-9AFE-9E779F9EB7F1 (resized).jpeg
    29BD1974-41EE-428E-A9C3-210DC2D469EE (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I just acquired a set of MM decals from someone who has had them for about 8 years rolled up. That said, they look good and have a clear textured coating on top of them. The problem is, there are a couple of spots where the coating has separated from the artwork underneath. I called a couple of the larger decal suppliers and was told they were likely printed on older, heavy material and that the coating should not be removed and the areas that were separated from the artwork will be difficult to install without creasing. There doesn't seem to be any way to peel the coating off and the decals are definitely thick so my guess is what I was told is accurate. I've watched several videos and haven't seen anyone removing a coating from the front/artwork side of any decals. I just wanted to get some other opinions from others who have run across this before. Any guidance is appreciated!

#3 4 years ago
    29BD1974-41EE-428E-A9C3-210DC2D469EE (resized).jpeg29BD1974-41EE-428E-A9C3-210DC2D469EE (resized).jpegD0AAEA61-F679-4879-9AFE-9E779F9EB7F1 (resized).jpegD0AAEA61-F679-4879-9AFE-9E779F9EB7F1 (resized).jpeg
    #6 4 years ago

I’ve used other types of decals in the past and they always warn not to try to get creases out until installed. After that, it would be too late if it didn’t work.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Cherga.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cabinet-decal-question-2?tu=Cherga and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.